Pages:
Author

Topic: ChromaWallet (colored coins): issue and trade private currencies/stocks/bonds/.. - page 5. (Read 96884 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
What happens if someone coppies the color set from one of the assets and uses it to issue coins with the exact same color? is that even possible? Does the protocol check that the color is not already in use? I'm quite new to this thing :p
i can see trades now for lol Smiley
havn't managed to buy one yet though
ok thanks

This is some of the metadata that is given allong with coinprism coins.

Code:
{
  "source_addresses": [
    "3JpQpruhC8Vs7LnkatF9WHRh6r1PRC9axz"
  ],
  "contract_url": "https://www.coinprism.com/blockchain/color/3JpQpruhC8Vs7LnkatF9WHRh6r1PRC9axz",
  "name_short": "T.1.1",
  "name": "test",
  "issuer": "Test",
  "description": "test",
  "description_mime": "text/x-markdown; charset=UTF-8",
  "type": "Collectible",
  "divisibility": 0,
  "link_to_website": false,
  "icon_url": null,
  "image_url": null,
  "version": "1.0"
}
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015
I've tried trading with LOL but found two problems:

1. I can't fill his offers due to "Not enough money" problem. (It looks like we messed up check for available balance in p2ptrade page.)
2. When LOL tries to fill my offer it doesn't work because it hits the fee limit. Apparently it is one of those rare cases when buyer has to pay for two paddings + a fee on top of that (i.e. 8192 * 2 + whatever is the fee).

So p2ptrade is basically unusable for now. (Although it worked fine when I was testing it on my asset.) I'll try to fix this ASAP, and also next release will have SPV support.

On the bright side, fee limit seems to work correctly.
legendary
now i get an error that the moniker 'lol' already exists (because the previous one is still there) how do i remove a moniker? And can i rename the asset and use the same 'color' to connect to the same asset under a different name?

You can edit moniker when you add an asset, just call it lol2 or something like that. That name exists only in your wallet, it doesn't affect anything.

Currently there is no button for deleting assets, and doing it via command-line is a bit tedious.

Edit: something else i'm curious about: does this client use the same 'protocol' to color the coins as the website coinprism?

No.

or are those two incompatible? I kinda like the broader definition options on coinprism, but i absolutely hate the fact that it uses a centralised webwallet. :p

We plan to add compatibility with CoinPrism some time later.

What do you mean by broader definition options?
now i get an error that the moniker 'lol' already exists (because the previous one is still there) how do i remove a moniker? And can i rename the asset and use the same 'color' to connect to the same asset under a different name?

Edit: something else i'm curious about: does this client use the same 'protocol' to color the coins as the website coinprism? or are those two incompatible? I kinda like the broader definition options on coinprism, but i absolutely hate the fact that it uses a centralised webwallet. :p
legendary
I browsed looked at the p2P market but can't see any offers so far, does it take a while to load?

Just to clarify, market is more-or-less real-time. You will only see offers if people who posted these offers are online.

Trade can be closed in about 10 seconds.

It is possible to cancel an offer before somebody fills it. It is cancelled immediately, but will still appear on others' orderbooks for about 30 seconds.
LOL
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I'm playing around with lol's coin
Code:
{"color_set": ["epobc:8243935d22411c86a3c6372367d84531821045a632a8728cf6b15fc3b24ce4f2:0:289962"], "monikers": ["lol"], "unit": 6000}

Posted an offer to buy one lol for 0.00001BTC (1000satoshi).
Can anyone see that one?

Try adding this instead:

{"color_set": ["epobc:a0ced925bc539c631ed9cc88a031ee75f5ecb9172d0cad405f3935b21803a206:0:301140"], "monikers": ["lol"], "unit": 60}
I'm playing around with lol's coin
Code:
{"color_set": ["epobc:8243935d22411c86a3c6372367d84531821045a632a8728cf6b15fc3b24ce4f2:0:289962"], "monikers": ["lol"], "unit": 6000}

Posted an offer to buy one lol for 0.00001BTC (1000satoshi).
Can anyone see that one?
@lol: added you asset
Here is my adress for 'lol'
I browsed looked at the p2P market but can't see any offers so far, does it take a while to load?
BxtnfNywmETpTU@17by16aSwATW68sY7X8CfDfqpAYUTVju2r
Thanks mate!

this last version: Testnet or real bitcoins already? Tongue
legendary
ok, so i started to play around with it because i think this is awesome and i need it for a project. Smiley

Problem is that i can't run the software ngccc-gui.exe because i saved my testnet blockchain on another drive than the usual one (i chose a map on D instead of the usual C->appdata)
It gives an error when i run it: "IOerror: [errno2] no such file or directory < default path to blockchain> "

Is there a way to change the path?
My testnet bitcoinqt works as it should.

New version doesn't need local bitcoind/bitcoin-qt.

You can get it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6767249

ok, so i started to play around with it because i think this is awesome and i need it for a project. Smiley

Problem is that i can't run the software ngccc-gui.exe because i saved my testnet blockchain on another drive than the usual one (i chose a map on D instead of the usual C->appdata)
It gives an error when i run it: "IOerror: [errno2] no such file or directory < default path to blockchain> "

Is there a way to change the path?
My testnet bitcoinqt works as it should.
legendary
helloblock.io allows users to create and sign transactions?

helloblock.io is used to get information about transactions. (E.g. scan for payments we received.) We also get information about transaction confirmations from them.

We create and sign transactions ourselves, via pycoin library.

so this implementation does not require the use of the bitcoind?

Yes, local bitcoind isn't required.

Why do you care about a SPV implementation of if you are using helloblock.io?  Can you explain?

SPV allows us to verify whether transaction was published in the blockchain. (Cryptographically.)

If helloblock.io gives us wrong information, it won't pass the check, and thus no damage will be done.

There is also an option to use Electrum servers. It isn't quite ready now, but in future it's going to be about as secure as Electrum.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
New build:

Linux 64-bit: http://killerstorm.xen.prgmr.com/alex/chromawallet-linux-x86_64-0.0.6.tbz

* There is a history tab now.
 * It scans for received payments automatically in a background thread, there is no need to click 'Update', and it starts faster.
 * We use helloblock.io instead of blockchain.info because there were problems with blockchain.info. Also, helloblock.io works with testnet
 * Problem with invalid balances and things like that were solved. (Well, hopefully.) People who used older versions needs to run cw-cli full_rescan first
 * For now it simply trusts data it receives from helloblock.io. We already have 99% of SPV implementation, it will be present in the next version.
 * p2ptrade got several improvements, but might still be finnicky

Note: People who used older versions needs to run cw-cli full_rescan first.

Known issues: Old send and trade transactions will be displayed as 'unknown' in the history. We will address this later.

Some of problems which were reported by LOL were not fixed, particularly, it's possible to confuse it with 1-satoshi transaction, but it won't be in a permanently-stuck mode.

helloblock.io allows users to create and sign transactions?

so this implementation does not require the use of the bitcoind?

Why do you care about a SPV implementation of if you are using helloblock.io?  Can you explain?
legendary
New build:

Linux 64-bit: http://killerstorm.xen.prgmr.com/alex/chromawallet-linux-x86_64-0.0.6.tbz
Windows 32-bit: http://killerstorm.xen.prgmr.com/alex/chromawallet-win32-0.0.6.zip

* There is a history tab now.
 * It scans for received payments automatically in a background thread, there is no need to click 'Update', and it starts faster.
 * We use helloblock.io instead of blockchain.info because there were problems with blockchain.info. Also, helloblock.io works with testnet
 * Problem with invalid balances and things like that were solved. (Well, hopefully.) People who used older versions needs to run cw-cli full_rescan first
 * For now it simply trusts data it receives from helloblock.io. We already have 99% of SPV implementation, it will be present in the next version.
 * p2ptrade got several improvements, but might still be finnicky

Note: People who used older versions needs to run cw-cli full_rescan first.

Known issues: Old send and trade transactions will be displayed as 'unknown' in the history. We will address this later.

Some of problems which were reported by LOL were not fixed, particularly, it's possible to confuse it with 1-satoshi transaction, but it won't be in a permanently-stuck mode.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
Coinprism the first Colored Coins web wallet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4betMvcgc

Does this have a different implementation from the original specification?
Activity: 252
I hopy you and your family are safe. Keep up the good work.
legendary
You can see the development progress here: https://github.com/bitcoinx/ngcccbase/commits/master

As you see, the last commit was 2 days ago. (But we also have commits which are yet to be merged, the last was 2 hours ago.)

I already explained that progress is much slower than I want it to be, but we keep working on it. (One of reasons for delay is civil unrest in the region I live in. (I live in Donestk.) It is hard to focus on code when we are on the brink of a civil war, and armed people on streets are a norm. Sorry.)

Our goal is to implement a thin SPV wallet (which gets data from servers, but verifies all the data it receives, so it doesn't need to trust that server), with p2ptrade and, potentially, other goodies.

It is very different from the web wallet CoinPrism have implemented: it is 100% dependent on server and lacks p2ptrade. (Which I'd say is the most complex component.)

Currently we have all main functions working, we are finishing SPV support and fixing smaller problems. p2ptrade is working as long as there is no abuse, we are going to add protection against abuse later.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: