Pages:
Author

Topic: ChromaWallet (colored coins): issue and trade private currencies/stocks/bonds/.. - page 7. (Read 96886 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015
What exactly am I deleting with those entries?

Information about unspent transaction outputs got out of sync with blockchain because one of wallet transactions wasn't accepted by the network.

Wallet file is an sqlite database, you can use sqlite3 or sqlitebrowser to open it. If you delete contents of coin_data and coin_spends tables, they will be populating according information about unspent outputs from blockchain.info. (It is an equivalent of `bitcoind -rescan`.) You might need to click 'update' twice until it shows right numbers.

Of course, there is some bug in chromawallet which caused this, I'm investigating...

PS:  trying to create a new receive address on the receive tab doesn't appear to work either.  Nothing happens when you try to do so.

Yep, that page isn't working properly. It creates addresses, but they aren't displayed.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Using the Win32 client, it looks like I somehow broke it already.

Well, it has some loose ends... This happens if you received a transaction server doesn't know about. We need to handle this error without blowing it up.

However, I see that transaction 902a7fb4b56e291b194a1aa5ef87190e1d658a84a4f787edbe7325bf17889719 is being requested, and I can't find it anywhere. Might be transaction malleability issue, I dunno.

Any ideas on how to recover?

Well, you can delete coin_data entries in wallet, but it's probably easier to wait for a fix.
What exactly am I deleting with those entries?  Would those affect the assets I had, or would those remain intact?

I have the file backed up (post crash), so I guess it's worth a shot.  If it doesn't work, I'll wait for the fix.

Thanks for your efforts!

PS:  trying to create a new receive address on the receive tab doesn't appear to work either.  Nothing happens when you try to do so.
legendary
Using the Win32 client, it looks like I somehow broke it already.

Well, it has some loose ends... This happens if you received a transaction server doesn't know about. We need to handle this error without blowing it up.

However, I see that transaction 902a7fb4b56e291b194a1aa5ef87190e1d658a84a4f787edbe7325bf17889719 is being requested, and I can't find it anywhere. Might be transaction malleability issue, I dunno.

Well, you can delete coin_data entries in wallet, but it's probably easier to wait for a fix.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Using the Win32 client, it looks like I somehow broke it already.  The GUI now fails to load, and I'm getting the following:

Code:
http://p2ptrade.btx.udoidio.info/messages?from_timestamp_rel=30
HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 27
, in
  File "ngccc-gui.py", line 22, in
  File "ngccc-gui.py", line 19, in start_ui
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ui\qtui.py", line 110, in __init__
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ui\qtui.py", line 53, in __init__
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ui\qtui.py", line 88, in gotoOverviewPage
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ui\qtui.py", line 82, in setPage
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ui\overviewpage.py", line 39, in update
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ui\wallet.py", line 77, in get_total_balance
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ngcccbase\wallet_controller.py", line 189, in get_total_bal
ance
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ngcccbase\wallet_controller.py", line 177, in _get_balance
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ngcccbase\coindb.py", line 208, in get_result
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ngcccbase\coindb.py", line 185, in get_coins_for_address
  File "E:\ngcccbase\coloredcoinlib\colordata.py", line 136, in get_colorvalues
  File "E:\ngcccbase\coloredcoinlib\colordata.py", line 121, in process
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ngcccbase\services\chroma.py", line 89, in get_tx
  File "E:\ngcccbase\ngcccbase\services\chroma.py", line 82, in get_raw
  File "c:\python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
  File "c:\python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 410, in open
  File "c:\python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
  File "c:\python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 448, in error
  File "c:\python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
  File "c:\python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
http://p2ptrade.btx.udoidio.info/messages?from_serial=62490

I tried it from a fresh install and it works great; but, as soon as I copy the mainnet.wallet file over from the broken install, it fails to load the GUI and puts out the above errors in the terminal window.

The GUI first broke when I tried to place a SELL order on the P2P Trade tab.

LOL
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Anybody want to try this out?

I'm having a surprisingly hard time getting someone to take my money.

{"color_set": ["epobc:8243935d22411c86a3c6372367d84531821045a632a8728cf6b15fc3b24ce4f2:0:289962"], "monikers": ["lol"], "unit": 6000}

Just give me an address and I'll send you coins. I also have a few sell offers up if someone wants to test that.
legendary
BTW if you want to add true SPV support rather than relying on bc.i/etc. to get the data, I need to add that code to python-bitcoinlib for other projects too.

Well, the plan was to use Electrum servers and borrow code from Electrum, but that code isn't directly usable, so I used a simpler option (trust what bc.i reports) for now.

Having this in library would, indeed, help...
legendary
Covenants are a more generic solution and I don't think OP_CHECK_COLOR will ever make it.
As you know my preference are tagged colors (hardfork).

Well, in terms of complexity, OP_CHECK_COLOR is something I could probably hack together over weekend... Simple solution are more likely to win. (See: worse is better.)
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
and you could even have a committed colored UTXO softfork as well (if there's a way for miners to clearly know about "colored coinbases", for which there's probably a coloring kernel).

CHECK_COLOR opcode is a simpler softfork solution.

Covenants are a more generic solution and I don't think OP_CHECK_COLOR will ever make it.
As you know my preference are tagged colors (hardfork).
legendary
Yes, congratulations!

It's great to see this be made SPV; the idea that Colored Coins and similar things isn't SPV-compat without explicit miner support is a serious misconception.

Well, is not compatible with regular bitcoin SPV, but you can have colored SPV

Implementation consists of regular bitcoin SPV for UTXOs and backward-scan based coloring.

and you could even have a committed colored UTXO softfork as well (if there's a way for miners to clearly know about "colored coinbases", for which there's probably a coloring kernel).

CHECK_COLOR opcode is a simpler softfork solution.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
Yes, congratulations!

It's great to see this be made SPV; the idea that Colored Coins and similar things isn't SPV-compat without explicit miner support is a serious misconception.

Well, is not compatible with regular bitcoin SPV, but you can have colored SPV and you could even have a committed colored UTXO softfork as well (if there's a way for miners to clearly know about "colored coinbases", for which there's probably a coloring kernel).
So, yes, sorry because I've not explained this very clearly and I've probably spread some confusion about this.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1149
BTW if you want to add true SPV support rather than relying on bc.i/etc. to get the data, I need to add that code to python-bitcoinlib for other projects too.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1149
Congrats! Just did a git pull to play with it.

legendary
ChromaWallet 0.0.5 preview available:

Linux 64-bit: http://killerstorm.xen.prgmr.com/alex/chromawallet-linux-x86_64-0.0.5.tbz
Windows (32-bit): http://killerstorm.xen.prgmr.com/alex/chromawallet-win32-0.0.5.zip

New features:

• epobc coloring scheme solves many problem obc had
  • works as thin wallet

In default configuration it doesn't rely on a local bitcoind, instead it gets data from blockchain.inf and/or chromanode service. (Electrum connector is in development.)

By default it works on mainnet, add --testnet parameter to run it in testnet mode. E.g. "chromawallet --testnet" or "cw-cli --testnet ".

If you want use old wallet, you can so so via "--wallet=", e.g. "./chromawallet --wallet=wallet.db".

Note: It isn't safe enough for mainnet, don't use it with non-negligible amounts!

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Can you give a status update?

Please be advised that the Mastercoin OmniWallet is almost released and the new Distributed Exchange is coming on line March 15th.  That should excite you.  Plus, Mastercoin has about $4million in the bank remaining to continue the effort.  Should produce some interesting results in the coming year.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
As you see, I failed...

...we made very little progress...

...sadly things didn't go well....
Status update: Chroma Wallet died a long time ago.  Once Killerstorm spent more time bashing Mastercoin than developing Colored Coins, it was clear he knew he could not ever finish.  Now, the only whimper we hear are the last gasps of life. Status: Colored Coins are still dead.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
I know estimates are hard, but what's the new projection for when chroma wallet will be good enough? Next week? Another month?

As you see, I failed to complete it in January as promised. It happened not because the task is big, but because we made very little progress, sadly things didn't go well.

However, it looks like things are getting better now and we'll be able to make good progress. The deadline is two weeks (Feb 14), but I hope I'll get something sooner than that.

A lot depends on me personally at this stage, so if I'll get ill or something we'll get more delays Sad
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Trust:+4:20--Warning* ASICs with extreme hashrate!
how did i overlook this thread ! ~ i'm working on a similar project myself! =) *awesome stuff here peepz!!!!

KILLASTORM -- STAY UP!!!!!
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
I hope to see this soon. The waters are getting muddied by centralized scamcoins that claim to be Bitcoin protocol overlays yet require closed source api servers that reserve the right to restrict access. I'm not trying to rush you, just do it right and show these scammers that there are no shortcuts. Counterparty (that name was my idea for an escrow betting coin in 2012) is pretending to be decentralized. Mastercoin may work, but seems too fragile and will probably sacrifice decentraliztion to avoid double spending. Ethereum is nothing but a hodgepodge of ideas, vaporware, and hype.

Colored Coins at least has your pledge to release open source chroma servers. Bitcoin deserves nothing less.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Take care of yourself.Especially when is close to success.
legendary
I know estimates are hard, but what's the new projection for when chroma wallet will be good enough? Next week? Another month?

As you see, I failed to complete it in January as promised. It happened not because the task is big, but because we made very little progress, sadly things didn't go well.

However, it looks like things are getting better now and we'll be able to make good progress. The deadline is two weeks (Feb 14), but I hope I'll get something sooner than that.

A lot depends on me personally at this stage, so if I'll get ill or something we'll get more delays Sad
Pages:
Jump to: