Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 26. (Read 72509 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Don't mind me.
There seems to be a bug where you need to disable/re-enable the extention to work on a fresh browser instance, something that you might want to look into.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Question:

So I set the threshold to the default 0.25.  I had like $45 and 0 BTC in my account.  So there were two ticks above the threshold, and now I have like 8.9 BTC and $0.  That was fully expected.

Now, there have been two more ticks above the threshold, but I have not sold any BTC -- it still shows ~8.9 BTC and $0.

The question is:  What condition(s) trigger selling?

Well I've been using it over twelve hours now with 1BTC and there hasn't been to dark green boxes with >0.25% that is what will trigger a sell I think then it will be aiming for the inverse of <-0.25% to buy I think?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Great service!
Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
Sure - you can modify it easily. First of all you want to uninstall the extension installed via google apps.
Then extract all the source files to a separate folder,
Then (if you used the crx file), remove the "update_url" line from the .json file.
And then go to "chrome->Extentions->", enable the "developer mode", press "Load unpacked extension..." and point it to the directory with the extracted/modified files - it should load.
And no - you don't need to restart Chrome ever - just expand the extension's properties and click on "Reload" any time you need it.

I just saw this bit -- I'll do this when I get the chance; I can probably find the answer to my previous question thusly.

Gonna let the extension run for a bit first  Wink

Thanks for this.  I am donating, but it will unfortunately have to be a very small amount  Undecided.  This will enable me to learn more about Chrome extension development.
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
Giving this a small test.
Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
Question:

So I set the threshold to the default 0.25.  I had like $45 and 0 BTC in my account.  So there were two ticks above the threshold, and now I have like 8.9 BTC and $0.  That was fully expected.

Now, there have been two more ticks above the threshold, but I have not sold any BTC -- it still shows ~8.9 BTC and $0.

The question is:  What condition(s) trigger selling?
legendary
Arh that worked now it says 0.09 what does that mean?
It's the same number as the top right column, in the table that appears after you click on the icon.
Just rounded to two decimal points.

Yeah just figured that next thing find out what top right column means  Huh

Is it the change in the change in price over the last hour  Huh

What percentage is needed for a trade 25%, 21% or 11%  Huh

I mean 0.25, 0.21 or 0.11  Huh

OK its the change of - EMA(10) / EMA(21) - but what value triggers a sale  Huh  ~Oh well I guess time will tell  Tongue

So over 0.25% with the default settings  Huh   Yes threshold 25%  Roll Eyes
legendary
It's the same number as the top right column, in the table that appears after you click on the icon.

I mean 0.25, 0.21 or 0.11  Huh

OK its the change of - EMA(10) / EMA(21) - but what value triggers a sale  Huh  ~Oh well I guess time will tell  Tongue
legendary

I mean 0.25, 0.21 or 0.11  Huh
legendary

Yeah just figured that next thing find out what top right column means  Huh

Is it the change in the change in price over the last hour  Huh
legendary

Yeah just figured that next thing find out what top right column means  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
legendary
Been using the Bot over an hour and on the bot it doesn't have a hourly price just NaN  Huh

Hour   Price   EMA(10) / EMA(21)
Balance = 1.00 BTC + 0.00 USD

Huh
i don't believe you Smiley
maybe just restart the browser.

legendary
aka tonikt
Been using the Bot over an hour and on the bot it doesn't have a hourly price just NaN  Huh

Huh
i don't believe you Smiley
maybe just restart the browser.
legendary
Been using the Bot over an hour and on the bot it doesn't have a hourly price just NaN  Huh

Huh
legendary
legendary
Automate it!

This will be a nice way to preempt all the people running the default strategy. Set it to 10-20 EMA and get in ahead of all the 10-21 guys.

I'm just going to play with 1BTC but any advice on settings is appreciated.
legendary
aka tonikt
Automate it!

This will be a nice way to preempt all the people running the default strategy. Set it to 10-20 EMA and get in ahead of all the 10-21 guys.
Yeah! And then you should be the one to win, he? Smiley
Activity: 548
Merit: 502
So much code.
Automate it!

legendary
Please upgrade the bot to do it continuously and add your donation address too.
Relax, man Smiley
How about maybe randomizing the buy/sell times of each bot to help maybe stop any mass market manipulation in case this thing takes off?
How can you be "Sr. Member"? Smiley

Lots of time to post  Smiley  I don't know much about trading so if I sound goofish my apologies  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: