Pages:
Author

Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot - page 28. (Read 72509 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Don't mind me.
Bad that I can't make heads or tails of economic theory outside of "buy low, sell high," but I immediately figure that I should have used affect instead of effect in my post. Why am I trading again? Roll Eyes
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
Also, I got the API key, but what do I put for the "secret"?
Both the values are at the same MtGox page:

Hmm, my gox settings page does not look like this...

Nevermind; I got it now

Hmm, my gox settings page does not look like this...
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
Coolio. How would a bunch of these effect the econ at any given time? Granted we have people with way too much time on their hands already, but if the bit market starts to slump, this could seriously mess with the network at large, right?
No, I don't think so. But you never know... Smiley
Activity: 240
Don't mind me.
Coolio. How would a bunch of these effect the econ at any given time? Granted we have people with way too much time on their hands already, but if the bit market starts to slump, this could seriously mess with the network at large, right?
legendary
aka tonikt

legendary
aka tonikt
Can you make the source code available?
The extension is the source code itself - you can download it from google apps, even without installing.
But if you don't know how, this is the current version: http://speedy.sh/z2eTZ/mtbot.zip

This may also come handy: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=76ac2782e7f28bd4
the crx file is in fact a zip file - just rename it and there will be the source code inside.
Can you make the source code available?
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Interesting concept.
Activity: 467
Trying this now Smiley Hope it works out well Smiley Looks neat Cheesy
Activity: 352
I look forward to testing it on a mini me Mt.Gox account

subscribing to this.  Grin
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
I look forward to testing it on a mini me Mt.Gox account
legendary
aka tonikt
There is a topic Goomboo's Journal, in the Speculation board - I learned a lot there.

Let me present you a Chrome extension that is able to automatically follow the trading strategy explained by Goomboo in that topic (so people could get some sleep).

How it works
  • This is not a high frequency trading bot. It is making decisions to trade, based on H1 historical prices (at most 1 trade every 2 hours, but in practice rather ~1 trade per day)
  • The bot executes trades automatically, without a warning, according to the current trend. It does not wait for the EMA lines to cross first! Read also here
  • Any SELL executed by the bot will sell all the bitcoins available at the account. Any BUY will spend all the USD you have there, turning them into bitcoins - all at the current market price

Installation
  • You can install the extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/iejmifigokhpcgpmoacllcdiceicmejb
  • After installing, wait for it to fetch the historical prices and then (after the "progress bar" turns into a number) go the Options to configure your MtGox API Key (also some other options if you want)
  • After you configure the API access, just leave your browser running 24/7 and it will be trading for you, according to the trend

Security
I don't care about any feedback like 'I don't trust you', so don't bother letting me know. In fact if I were you I wouldn't trust myself either. Smiley
But here is what you should know to protect yourself from a potential fraud:
  • The bot uses the MtGox API and it does not require you to be logged into your MtGox account at any time. So better don't be
  • Setup the API key (in your MtGox account settings), to only allow get_info and trade access right - this way the bot cannot do you much harm, even if I wanted to

Warning!
This is an early version.
Until more people test it and the code gets well reviewed, I strongly advise you to try it only with a testing account and a small amount in.

I'm looking forward for any feedback or questions. Otherwise, have fun with it! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: