Pages:
Author

Topic: ckpool.org CLOSED - page 14. (Read 162561 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
March 22, 2019, 12:30:56 PM
I'll be happy with about 30PH, but a lot flux this week.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
March 22, 2019, 12:39:04 AM
118PH huh? Thanks for mining everyone.

Edit: maybe a failover? Looks like it's down some.

Dropped off a lot but still mining maybe we get a block today.

Its showing 55PH but still good if it keeps up.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
March 20, 2019, 12:34:39 AM

Dropped off a lot but still mining maybe we get a block today.
We are not retail.
March 19, 2019, 02:15:15 PM

legendary
March 18, 2019, 11:14:58 PM
lastly  my coffee cup of vanilla vodka just about finished off.

my apologies for not posting it last night.  Since the block was delayed. I realize I should post it today to please the block gods of Btc Grin

-- I hope you didn't forget to spill a bit of that vodka as payment to the block gods..

That would be a great sacrifice tossing a few drops alone is hard but a bit  would have to be at least ½  of a teaspoon.

I like that vodka a lot I don't know bro. Wink

Well crap.. If you can't spare some for the block gods, I'm just going to have to appease the gods with a tasty drip of my vodka!

I have decided I was selfish and I have made a sacrifice of  some vodka more then a bit maybe ¼ of a cap.

lets see what happens Grin
legendary
March 14, 2019, 11:53:14 PM
Asic miners are loud industrial beasts, 77db is considered "normal". The only "Silent miner" that ever was, was the R4 (i own one). Maybe the S7 LN previous to that, but the R4 was specifically designed to be silent, and it truly is (50db at 100%). Sadly nobody made something like it again. I'm sure a MicroBT with two boards, or sn S17, with a similar design would do wonders, oh well home use is not their target, 99% of the mining is done in warehouses where noise is not a problem.

My only hope is someone designs a mod case to recreate the R4 design with current hardware, if that fan is available somewhere, but knowing the Chinese it should be...

Heh heh.  That would be pretty great for sure.  I do have one other little trick up my sleeve I may try:

I have this huge wooden, acoustically insulated, fanned case that I originally bought for my computer when I was setting up the recording studio.  Being I'm right next to a loading dock, it's rather moot and I rarely close the doors on it.  Temps would get into the 90F or low 100s with the computer in there and the doors closed, so there's a good chance it won't work with the beast that the 841 is.  

That said, I may still try it. (Maybe with a tube going directly from an AC unit into the fan intake of the case.) That would be a pretty major re-working of the studio, but... if I get a lot more hours out of it, it may be worth the trouble.

That wooden case looks promising, but you might want to mod it with larger holes/fans. And if you get dust you will have to periodically stop the miner and clean it.
Activity: 83
Merit: 12
March 12, 2019, 02:38:17 PM

my apologies for not posting it last night.  Since the block was delayed. I realize I should post it today to please the block gods of Btc Grin

-- I hope you didn't forget to spill a bit of that vodka as payment to the block gods..

That would be a great sacrifice tossing a few drops alone is hard but a bit  would have to be at least ½  of a teaspoon.

Well crap.. If you can't spare some for the block gods, I'm just going to have to appease the gods with a tasty drip of my vodka!
legendary
March 11, 2019, 08:37:46 PM

Activity: 83
Merit: 12
March 11, 2019, 05:20:39 PM

legendary
March 11, 2019, 03:10:24 PM
Last night I had a good meal followed by some very nice home made Vanilla vodka.

Got a little tipsy and forgot to post photos

A skirt steak with a side of kale, onions, and melted aged Havarti cheese

vodka that has had many split sticks of vanilla beans soak in it for months

We are not retail.
March 11, 2019, 12:33:52 PM
I work in a business where I record audio.  I was thinking that I would just turn off the miner when I needed to record, however that won't be the case.  Even with the settings that philipma1957 posted, that fan is so loud that I can't work in the same room while it's on.  It's a one room office hahah.  So, I'll just be mining when I'm not there.  That will certainly impact my ranking.

I'm currently ranked 480.  I know there is ramp-up time and that the 841 has a decent hash rate.  However, I only have one unit, and that one unit will be only running an average of about 14 hrs/day. It'll probably be years for me too before I see anything.  I guess that's just the nature of the beast.  I'll watch the ranking and see if this will be worth my while.  I'm probably going to be moving from this office in 4-5 years.  Oy.  

I wouldn't worry about the ranking. Your single 841 working 24/7 wouldn't make it anyway, so you will have to make a line with the rest of small miners and be paid according to your time in the waiting line. In this pool you will not get paid on every block, but you WILL get paid, just don't expect it soon, unless the hashrate climbs significantly.

Asic miners are loud industrial beasts, 77db is considered "normal". The only "Silent miner" that ever was, was the R4 (i own one). Maybe the S7 LN previous to that, but the R4 was specifically designed to be silent, and it truly is (50db at 100%). Sadly nobody made something like it again. I'm sure a MicroBT with two boards, or sn S17, with a similar design would do wonders, oh well home use is not their target, 99% of the mining is done in warehouses where noise is not a problem.

My only hope is someone designs a mod case to recreate the R4 design with current hardware, if that fan is available somewhere, but knowing the Chinese it should be...

You can foam out a grow tent will help. As loud as they are the LP firmware from bitmain and canaan has dropped fan speed quite a bit then it is winter here.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
March 10, 2019, 03:12:12 PM

https://d1ueyc5nx1it61.cloudfront.net/9aec2b2d16298081722.JPG

Heh heh.  That would be pretty great for sure.  I do have one other little trick up my sleeve I may try:
https://i.ibb.co/Vv89qN8/IMG-4610.jpg

I have this huge wooden, acoustically insulated, fanned case that I originally bought for my computer when I was setting up the recording studio.  Being I'm right next to a loading dock, it's rather moot and I rarely close the doors on it.  Temps would get into the 90F or low 100s with the computer in there and the doors closed, so there's a good chance it won't work with the beast that the 841 is.  

That said, I may still try it. (Maybe with a tube going directly from an AC unit into the fan intake of the case.) That would be a pretty major re-working of the studio, but... if I get a lot more hours out of it, it may be worth the trouble.

I have enough gear scattered about that I don’t have to shift.

When I had just one miner I would simply make a change on the miners GUI on Sunday morning.

Cool.  Got it.  Thanks!  I may fool around with some things just out of curiosity, (I'm such a sucker for automation) but that approach certainly works.  

Thanks again!
legendary
March 10, 2019, 03:05:00 PM
Ok, so I have my 841 set up and it's been working for the last few days.

A couple observations:

• I work in a business where I record audio.  I was thinking that I would just turn off the miner when I needed to record, however that won't be the case.  Even with the settings that philipma1957 posted, that fan is so loud that I can't work in the same room while it's on.  It's a one room office hahah.  So, I'll just be mining when I'm not there.  That will certainly impact my ranking.
    Hi all!!
    So for someone like me (small miners) never in the top 100 or even 200, just how long (if ever) would I have to wait for a payment?
    Im just wondering if it would be like 4-5 months or are we talking years here?
    Thanks in advance.
    At the current hashrate, 4-5 years.

I'm currently ranked 480.  I know there is ramp-up time and that the 841 has a decent hash rate.  However, I only have one unit, and that one unit will be only running an average of about 14 hrs/day. It'll probably be years for me too before I see anything.  I guess that's just the nature of the beast.  I'll watch the ranking and see if this will be worth my while.  I'm probably going to be moving from this office in 4-5 years.  Oy. 

• I would mine here 6 days a week------ pool.ckpool.org

I would mine here 1 day a week------ solo.ckpool.org

Re: your recommended schedule: These are the two pools that I was looking at. I was wondering if there was a way to utilize both, and it's like you read me mind!  I'll definitely do the 6/1 split as my original point of departure.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate it.  Smiley
    This probably involves scheduling using crontab to relaunch cgminer after changing its config, unless the Avalons expose such feature in their UI.
    I'm curious how you're doing your scheduling Philipma1957.  Are you using crontab or are there other solutions?  Looking into it, I think I can pull off crontab but it's a little out of my experience.  That said, I am doing this mad project to learn a thing or two...

I have enough gear scattered about that I don’t have to shift.

When I had just one miner I would simply make a change on the miners GUI on Sunday morning.
legendary
March 10, 2019, 01:55:23 PM
I work in a business where I record audio.  I was thinking that I would just turn off the miner when I needed to record, however that won't be the case.  Even with the settings that philipma1957 posted, that fan is so loud that I can't work in the same room while it's on.  It's a one room office hahah.  So, I'll just be mining when I'm not there.  That will certainly impact my ranking.

I'm currently ranked 480.  I know there is ramp-up time and that the 841 has a decent hash rate.  However, I only have one unit, and that one unit will be only running an average of about 14 hrs/day. It'll probably be years for me too before I see anything.  I guess that's just the nature of the beast.  I'll watch the ranking and see if this will be worth my while.  I'm probably going to be moving from this office in 4-5 years.  Oy.  

I wouldn't worry about the ranking. Your single 841 working 24/7 wouldn't make it anyway, so you will have to make a line with the rest of small miners and be paid according to your time in the waiting line. In this pool you will not get paid on every block, but you WILL get paid, just don't expect it soon, unless the hashrate climbs significantly.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
March 10, 2019, 01:13:47 PM
Ok, so I have my 841 set up and it's been working for the last few days.

A couple observations:

• I work in a business where I record audio.  I was thinking that I would just turn off the miner when I needed to record, however that won't be the case.  Even with the settings that philipma1957 posted, that fan is so loud that I can't work in the same room while it's on.  It's a one room office hahah.  So, I'll just be mining when I'm not there.  That will certainly impact my ranking.
    Hi all!!
    So for someone like me (small miners) never in the top 100 or even 200, just how long (if ever) would I have to wait for a payment?
    Im just wondering if it would be like 4-5 months or are we talking years here?
    Thanks in advance.
    At the current hashrate, 4-5 years.

I'm currently ranked 480.  I know there is ramp-up time and that the 841 has a decent hash rate.  However, I only have one unit, and that one unit will be only running an average of about 14 hrs/day. It'll probably be years for me too before I see anything.  I guess that's just the nature of the beast.  I'll watch the ranking and see if this will be worth my while.  I'm probably going to be moving from this office in 4-5 years.  Oy. 

• I would mine here 6 days a week------ pool.ckpool.org

I would mine here 1 day a week------ solo.ckpool.org

Re: your recommended schedule: These are the two pools that I was looking at. I was wondering if there was a way to utilize both, and it's like you read me mind!  I'll definitely do the 6/1 split as my original point of departure.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate it.  Smiley
    This probably involves scheduling using crontab to relaunch cgminer after changing its config, unless the Avalons expose such feature in their UI.
    I'm curious how you're doing your scheduling Philipma1957.  Are you using crontab or are there other solutions?  Looking into it, I think I can pull off crontab but it's a little out of my experience.  That said, I am doing this mad project to learn a thing or two...

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
March 08, 2019, 12:21:49 AM
What would the required minimum hash rate be to keep the herp from rolling back

I'm assuming this varies based on other factors

Is there a formula for this?

Huh
Your current hashrate keeps the herp constant indefinitely if the pool's hashrate is constant...
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
March 08, 2019, 12:20:51 AM
What would the required minimum hash rate be to keep the herp from rolling back

I'm assuming this varies based on other factors

Is there a formula for this?

Huh
We are not retail.
March 06, 2019, 05:33:49 PM
Tell all your friends to join.