Pages:
Author

Topic: Claim Your Bitcoin Cash Balance and Exchange into Bitcoins - page 6. (Read 21114 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 252
@meatbot

please make sure your wallet is connected and synchronized.

Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Hi, @BitcoinReseller!

I made "Click on Wallet  -> Private Keys -> Sweep". And I saw few inputs. Ok.

When I made "Click on Broadcast to confirm it." I have error: "error (258: txn-mempool-conflict)".

Nevertheless, after that I saw that ALL my bitcoins sended to another BTC address!

How I can cancel that operation?
How I can return my bitcoins to old address?

do you see transactions in your wallet history?

In my BitCoin wallet I see that transaction (wallet of blockchain.info).

In my BitCoinCash wallet I don't see anything transactions (wallet of Electron Cash 2.9.2). History is just empty.
However, I found that BitCoinCash was sended to another address that not is in the list of "Wallet > Private Key > Export".

What's happening? It is fraud?
I thought to open here an account, but reading from your post not go further inside. Can somebody tell me what is the difference between these wallets?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi, @BitcoinReseller!

When I made "Click on Broadcast to confirm it." I have error: "error (258: txn-mempool-conflict)".

Nevertheless, after that I saw that ALL my bitcoins sended to another BTC address!

In my BitCoin wallet I see that transaction (wallet of blockchain.info).

In my BitCoinCash wallet I don't see anything transactions (wallet of Electron Cash 2.9.2). History is just empty.
However, I found that BitCoinCash was sended to another address that not is in the list of "Wallet > Private Key > Export".

What's happening? It is fraud?
Hi, @BitcoinReseller!

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi, @BitcoinReseller!

thanks for your tip, this will help most blockchain users.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013
I there, if you could help me out I would very much appreciate it...

I have a bitcoin address which held a positive balance of BTC at the time of the fork.
I check on Blockchair.com and it is showing a BCH balance too
I have installed Electron Cash & followed the instructions - and when I "Sweep Private Key" - it says "No inputs found"
I have used the suggested bitcoinwallet address website and used a compressed version of my private key (both types) and still no balance showing in Electron wallet

So...  I have the public key showing a positive BCH balance on Blockchair.com
I have obtained the private key for this address from Blockchain.info wallet
And still cannot access my BCH...

What could I be doing wrong?
thanks

I had this problem, and have finally solved it. Electron Cash will attempt to sweep both

Private Key format WIF Compressed 52 characters base58, starts with a 'K' or 'L

and

Private Key format WIF (51 characters base58, starts with a '5')

but will claim to have found no inputs on the compressed version, which is the version blockchain.info exports.

I used the wallet details feature (offline) on https://www.bitaddress.org to convert between the two addresses, and then successfully swept the 51 character uncompressed WIF into electron cash.
Thanks for tutorial, I will try it out. My previous attempts didn't work out, let's hope your tutorial does.

hope it works, if you need any help send me PM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Thanks for tutorial, I will try it out. My previous attempts didn't work out, let's hope your tutorial does.
most welcome!
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Thanks for all the help. I've decided to work with Coinomi instead of E.Cash, and it worked no problem ! Only had to introduce seed from Myc and got the correct balance BCH
i'm using Electron-Cash-2.9.2 i see you're using Electron-Cash-2.9.3
maybe your version has some bugs?

try to download my current version from here :
http://1ink.cc/ByCz

run it on new pc /laptop no bitcoin wallets installed on it, will be better.

This is what I mean by "not verified". I tried using different connection servers in Electron Cash; it even says "connected to 10 nodes" but nothing. And balance, again, not correct ?
I have the 12 word seed from mycelium but no idea how to get the private key to be able to do sweep with electron cash, unless you are referring to me introducing in sweep one by one all the addreses that show in trasanction history in mycelium ?
Thanks for your help.
The thing is, the original wallet in this case is on Mycelium on a smartphone. How can one "sweep" the data from the computer?

while you have private key for your wallet, you can sweep funds into your new created wallet on Electron.
Sweep will create new transaction and send balance from your old wallet (Mycelium) into your new Electron cash wallet.
Thanks for your help.
The thing is, the original wallet in this case is on Mycelium on a smartphone. How can one "sweep" the data from the computer?
i don't know what "not verified" means, as long as i'm not the developer and i never get like this problem before.
usually i get 'Unconfirmed' for new transactions, but soon it gets 'Confirmed'.

you said you did Wallet Import, in my case i did Sweep.
i notice in one of my wallets, which has many transactions when i do sweep only some inputs and some of total balance get sweep to my Electron cash wallet. i notice some more balance was still remain in my bcc wallet. and i get error when i do new sweep before first sweep payment get confirmed. so i wait some minutes till first sweep get confirmed then i did another sweep for same private key (same wallet) to claim the remaining inputs (balance) till it get empty (no inputs and no more balance).

maybe i'm using old Electron Cash wallet version, it has only sweep, no import wallet option other than starting up (import or create new wallet) i created new wallet.

maybe your problem will be solved if you follow steps exactly, sweep worked very well with all my wallets, only one which has many inputs (many transactions) i said before, double sweep solved the problem. but not sure double import is possible  Undecided

what i advice you to do, is installing Electron Cash wallet again on new laptop, Create new wallet, and then Sweep your old wallet, this should work if your wallet has many transaction /many inputs. each sweep will take 100 inputs only.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tutorial man. That blockchain link works very well. For me the problem is still deciding which wallet to use. Are you enjoying using that one, and do you feel secure with it. Why did you choose that one? Did you paid attention to any particular details?
I think a thread with a review, or tips on how to choose a BCH wallet would be great.

I looked in the bitcoin cash web page where they list a few wallets. The only one that I found that does not need to download the entire blockchain is Electron Cash, besides the hardware ones which I don't use.
So do I need to move Bitcoins off my wallets first before following your procedure? If I send Bitcoins to a new address, will the Bitcoin Cash still be at that address? I assume that would be the safest thing to do first to protect the Bitcoins.

Yes because if you don't move your btc first to a brand new wallet then you'd be exposing your seed/keys to Electron Cash, which you are gong to do but never if that seed/address contains btc just in case.
So, yes, I sent all my btc from my original wallet to a new wallet, leaving the original one empty completely of btc. Then and only then am I introducing my seed into Electron Cash, which is the software I'm using to try and get my Bitcoin Cash freebies.

EDIT:
Besides making sure your original btc wallet is completely empty of btc before proceeding to do the Electron Cash stuff, some other things I've heard that are convenient to do are:
- Use a different PC to use Electron Cash (a PC that doesn't contain any btc wallets).
- If you don't have another PC, try using a Virtual Machine to work with Electron Cash, and first take out of the PC all wallet files from btc wallets.
- Preferably use Linux always for all btc / bcc or any cryptocoins. Yoou can do a linux install in your virtual machine for example; I'm using Oracle VM Virtual Box, a free software, and Lubuntu for Linux there (Lubuntu is a lighter version of Ubuntu Linux).
Pages:
Jump to: