Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 126. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I´m using an Asrock H81M. Both 5V Power Plugs are connected..

Thanks,
Scandalrosi
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Hmmm, now i´m a little bit in panik, to ask my question:-(
I´ve gotten my 5th RX470 today. I have 2 X 750CM+80 Corsair. OS can´t install the driver for the 5. card. doesn´t matter wich one it is.
Is there might be a limitation in Window 7 proff.? All Cards are working fine, as long as they are not the  last one, installed.

What motherboard are you using?
I don´t really understand what is going on right know, but OK..

1. I did.. Saved my old bios, modified it as dicriped. Restore it to BIOS. And the card wan´t identified from system anymore. Then i restored the old Bios and all is ok.
2. Why do you think i have done that?
3.That is exactly what i wanne to do.
4. I´ve seen tons of tutorials, how to modify th rx 470. But most of them, all show just to modify 1750 1900 2000 row. And that is the onlny thing i have done, with polaris.

But doesn´t matter. The speed is enough for me and i got the power usage down..Thats OK..

Hmmm, now i´m a little bit in panik, to ask my question:-(
I´ve gotten my 5th RX470 today. I have 2 X 750CM+80 Corsair. OS can´t install the driver for the 5. card. doesn´t matter wich one it is.
Is there might be a limitation in Window 7 proff.? All Cards are working fine, as long as they are not the  last one, installed.

I´m sorry if this is a school question again. It is not my opinion to get any special attention. I´ve read most of this thread and there are a lot of qustions regarding the rx470..I´m sorry for my last post. That was not, to get anybody in stress to help me, really..

Regards,
Scandalrosi
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Is nobody willing to help me with my AMD Radeon RX470 Nitro 4GB OC.. I triied everything..Flashing, Wattman, Sapphire Trixx..
Doesn´t matteer what i do, it is always getting worster, then better. I getting 640 Hash per card and one of these cards seems to be anpthe model. Looking a little bit different. Power Supply is on the Top, not on the back and she has other RAM, not Samsung ans is 1236 - 1750 takted. And she is slower. only 580 Hash. Is there something i can do?

RFegards,
Scandalrosi

Rule 1 : Do not flash a BIOS that someone uploaded because more than likely it will not be for your exact card, and it will make things worse not better. So use PBE to mod memory straps on your own bios.
Rule 2 : Do not hardcode clocks into the card untill you have tested the card thoroughly with regular OC to figure out what clocks are stable on it.
Rule 3 : Stability is far more important than peak performance, go for the settings that get you 48+ hours stable over peak perf settings.
Rule 4 : There's a gazillion guides with detail step by step tutorials on how to overclock your card, please search for them before blaming the community, this isnt school, you do not get individual attention anymore.
What is she mining then? Can´t believe these data...:-(

Regards,
Scandalrosi
i have 6 rx 480 running with modded bios at 770 hash average per card , and i use around 800Watt

is this ok? or can we use even less power ?

looks good i did 6x 470  758hash/card for 750W

Are you all wanne make me criing :-((((

Is nobody willing to help me with my AMD Radeon RX470 Nitro 4GB OC.. I triied everything..Flashing, Wattman, Sapphire Trixx..
Doesn´t matteer what i do, it is always getting worster, then better. I getting 640 Hash per card and one of these cards seems to be anpthe model. Looking a little bit different. Power Supply is on the Top, not on the back and she has other RAM, not Samsung ans is 1236 - 1750 takted. And she is slower. only 580 Hash. Is there something i can do?

RFegards,
Scandalrosi
Activity: 362
Merit: 258
i have 6 rx 480 running with modded bios at 770 hash average per card , and i use around 800Watt

looks good i did 6x 470 around 758hash/card for 750W

Which timings do u use? I use 1750. What memory and GPU clock , voltage ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

looks good i did 6x 470  758hash/card for 750W
Activity: 362
Merit: 258

I did the modification on the BIOS. It worked, after i changed to another card. It looks like. the switch for the bios is dameged, from the first card.
After i changed to another card, it worked. I saved my old bios and modded it as shown in many tutorials. Flashing is fine. But after the restart, the flashed card is shown in Sapphire Trixx and in GPU-Z but it doesn´t work anymore. Frequency min and max are set to Zero. When i go back to the old BIOS, everything is working fine. I´ve done this several times now, but always with the same result. I tried a lot, but what i could found out. Doesn´t matter what i do, the standard settings are working the best, without issues. As far as i begin to modify settings, hashrate is going down and card is causing crashes.
Perhaps i´m to dumb for this mining stuff:-(
I leaf it as it is now. I have 92 Mh/s with my 4 cards. Perhaps this only works for 8GB cards, i don´t know..:-(

What i´ve understand now. Litecoinmining seems to be not possible, with gpu. What really suxx, are the tons of tutorials, showing how to mine litecoins with gpu:-(

Frustrated,
Scandalrosi
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hi together,

First of all, thanks for your help.
it is up and running now:-))).. After a really hard weak of troubleshooting, the new minig rig i working now, with 4 X RX470 Nitro+ 4GB..
What the hell.. Arizer damaged. 2 of 4 GPUs damaged, PSU trouble.. And many many more..
Now, i´m wondering how i can optimize the Hashrate.. But step by step. First thing. My Rig is lagging really hard, when mining over GPU Miner v9.7.
Is that normal, or is this something i can fix, with better settings? Sometimes, after hours, the rig just shut down.
Is there something i can do. I tried out tons of crimson drivers. Most of them doesn´t work for Win7 64 bit and don´t identify my cards. I only got V16.11.1 and 16.11.4 to work. When i run claymore now, with the following command i get 2450 h/s. This are about 610 h/s per card. Is that good, or bad. There are so many comments, with different hasrates.

NsGpuCNMiner -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u [email protected] -p x -a 3 (i tried A 4 and A 3 also, without changes)

I also tried to flash the rom, but it doesn´t work. ROM can´t be deletes, was the error. Is there a trick, when i have to push the button on the card.
How can i check, if the card is in the right mode to write the rom? When i push the button, the light is changing the coulor frequently. Is this the right mode?Do i have to reboot, after pushing the button. I´ve found someone who has modified the rom, for rx470 cards, so that i can be sure, it works.
Can somebody tell me, what i´m doing wrong?

And hopefully sombody can help me to optimize my cards.

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

You should be able to reach over 700 h/s with almost any card, after flashing your cards.
Before flashing you need to check what kind of memory you have on your cards (mostly hynix/elpida/samsung), then use a bios corresponding to that memory, or edit your bios by yourself with Polaris Bios editor 1.41 (basically you copy the 1500 MHz memory strap to 1625,1750 and 2000 Mhz mem straps for hynix and elpida, for samsung you copy 1750Mhz strap to 2000MHz)
For flashing the ROMs succesfully, you need to close de miner and open atiflash in admin mode.
Last thing you have to do is using WattTool to overclock memory frequency (check the differents threads about benchmarks to get an idea of the settings you need)

If you pay for electricity, i would recommend you to use -a 2 mode, which works very well on the RX series too.
 "-a 2" low power consumption mode for 290/290x cards. A bit less speed (1%) but less power consumption (10-15%)."

About the lagging, it's hard to tell.
What's your CPU ? Do you use your computer for other purposes than mining?

First, many thanks. But this all doesn´t work with my cards. I have 4 x RX 470 Nitro+. Only 3 of them are showing in the flush tool. It looks like, the 4.th one, is another model. This card has totally different values, compared to the other 3. And it is slower, then the others. OK. The othe 3 Cards all have Samsung memory. What i´ve done. Reboot PC. Start ATIFlush with Adminrights. Choosen the card i wanted to programm. Push the button to search the rom file. Then hit the programm button. Then it began to program and in the half it stpped and showed the error message.
"Unable to delete ROM". What can i do else?

And one more question. Is there no working programm, to mine litecoin with windows. Doesn´t matter wich pool i choose. They all have great instructions how to enter their strings into the bat files, but when i execute them, it always shows --srypt unrecognized option
Is there anywhere a working tutorial how to configure the minig software. The only i got to work is.....tatttaaaa Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7. But only when mining over minergate. I tried out sgminer. Downloaded the programm and the source code. Same error message.--srypt unrecognized option. How do i have to configure the tool. I can start sgminer.exe without errors. It askes for an url then. But as far as i start the bat fill, with the --scryt in it. finish....

Sorry. I hope i could explain what i mean..

Regards, Scandalrosi

Forget about mining litecoin with GPUs, LTC has been mined on ASIC since 2014, GPU mining is pointless for these.

As for the bios i'm editing using cmd in windows (admin mode), but never encoutered the problem you are describing.
Make sure you are not using the miner while rewriting the BIOS. Maybe your cards have a dual Bios and one of them is locked (small switch on the top of the GPU, google it to find pictures). Switch of your rig, switch to the other bios, restart and try editing again.

I didn't try Sgminer so i can't help you on this one. If you want to give it a try you should post on the miner's specific topic
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Which coins (algo) are asic resistant and can be mined with RX 470? I'm lurking in alt announcement for new good opportunity but it is hard to distinguish what has potential and witc wallet have hiden premine or virus? Or shod i stick to proven good coins can be found here :  https://whattomine.com/  , but return is very small notover 2 dollars per day..
In this situation it is much more profitabil to join signature campaing instead burning GPUs .. Undecided
Hi together,

it is up and running now:-))).. After a really hard weak of troubleshooting, the new minig rig i working now, with 4 X RX470 Nitro+ 4GB..
What the hell.. Arizer damaged. 2 of 4 GPUs damaged, PSU trouble.. And many many more..
Now, i´m wondering how i can optimize the Hashrate.. But step by step. First thing. My Rig is lagging really hard, when mining over GPU Miner v9.7.
Is that normal, or is this something i can fix, with better settings? Sometimes, after hours, the rig just shut down.
Is there something i can do. I tried out tons of crimson drivers. Most of them doesn´t work for Win7 64 bit and don´t identify my cards. I only got V16.11.1 and 16.11.4 to work. When i run claymore now, with the following command i get 2450 h/s. This are about 610 h/s per card. Is that good, or bad. There are so many comments, with different hasrates.

NsGpuCNMiner -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u [email protected] -p x -a 3 (i tried A 4 and A 3 also, without changes)

I also tried to flash the rom, but it doesn´t work. ROM can´t be deletes, was the error. Is there a trick, when i have to push the button on the card.
How can i check, if the card is in the right mode to write the rom? When i push the button, the light is changing the coulor frequently. Is this the right mode?Do i have to reboot, after pushing the button. I´ve found someone who has modified the rom, for rx470 cards, so that i can be sure, it works.

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

You should be able to reach over 700 h/s with almost any card, after flashing your cards.
Before flashing you need to check what kind of memory you have on your cards (mostly hynix/elpida/samsung), then use a bios corresponding to that memory, or edit your bios by yourself with Polaris Bios editor 1.41 (basically you copy the 1500 MHz memory strap to 1625,1750 and 2000 Mhz mem straps for hynix and elpida, for samsung you copy 1750Mhz strap to 2000MHz)
For flashing the ROMs succesfully, you need to close de miner and open atiflash in admin mode.
Last thing you have to do is using WattTool to overclock memory frequency (check the differents threads about benchmarks to get an idea of the settings you need)

If you pay for electricity, i would recommend you to use -a 2 mode, which works very well on the RX series too.
 "-a 2" low power consumption mode for 290/290x cards. A bit less speed (1%) but less power consumption (10-15%)."

First, many thanks. But this all doesn´t work with my cards. I have 4 x RX 470 Nitro+. Only 3 of them are showing in the flush tool. It looks like, the 4.th one, is another model. This card has totally different values, compared to the other 3. And it is slower, then the others. OK. The othe 3 Cards all have Samsung memory. What i´ve done. Reboot PC. Start ATIFlush with Adminrights. Choosen the card i wanted to programm. Push the button to search the rom file. Then hit the programm button. Then it began to program and in the half it stpped and showed the error message.
"Unable to delete ROM". What can i do else?

And one more question. Is there no working programm, to mine litecoin with windows. Doesn´t matter wich pool i choose. They all have great instructions how to enter their strings into the bat files, but when i execute them, it always shows --srypt unrecognized option
Is there anywhere a working tutorial how to configure the minig software. The only i got to work is.....tatttaaaa Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7. But only when mining over minergate. I tried out sgminer. Downloaded the programm and the source code. Same error message.--srypt unrecognized option. How do i have to configure the tool. I can start sgminer.exe without errors. It askes for an url then. But as far as i start the bat fill, with the --scryt in it. finish....

Sorry. I hope i could explain what i mean..

Regards, Scandalrosi
Activity: 186
@Claymore suprnova has new stratum host and your miner shows ''Stratum -  Cannot connect to xmr.suprnova.cc port 5222'' in DevFee
Yep , that is kind of annoying . Everything is red ... Allpools is "1" so my shares got accepted but fast everything is red and scary.
Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

I'm sure this has been posted but where can one download these roms? Thanks

I would advise you to mod your bios' by yourself since it's very fast (just copy the mem strap as i said in the previous message), and that it allows you to be sure the resulting BIOS is compatible with your GPU.

If you are too lazy to do so, you can check here :
https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13
But you need to flash the adequate BIOS
Activity: 128
Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

I'm sure this has been posted but where can one download these roms? Thanks
Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Anyone is mining with just 4790k cpu? I have a good case and noctua cooling. While doing some work, I think I can use cpu mining if it is profitable with 0.12 USD/khw power cost.
Hi together,

Many Regards,
Scandalrosi

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
With the advent of $100 Dash:

Is anyone mining Dash with RX4xx and what are the profits per day?
Jump to: