Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 127. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 362
Merit: 258
Hey guys

I modded my sapphire Rx 480 nitro 8g BIOS with 1750 straps copy to 2000. And when I then change memory from 2000 to 2150 MHz i get speeds up to 780 hash but it's not stable... But my question now is, why is the fan control not working? If I set tt 60 all my cards still go 80+ degrees...

Activity: 512
Merit: 260
The miner crash after a few hours. 7 x MSI RX 480 mixed gaming and Armour rig. Windows 10 AMD 16.12.2. It is as stable as a rock on ETH and ZCash with Claymore miner.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I really need some help here please anyone. I want to mine a cryptonote currency now my problem is that it only supports menero and dash and the rest. It says use operation "-allcoins 1" Which is what I did. It says it cannot recognize thst operation. Why is the miner telling me to run an operation that doesn't even exist ? In the readme there is no mentions of allcoins operation. So how in the world do I mine a new cryptonote coin when it won't even support it ?

A good answer would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Thank you very much. I will let you know, when i´m done:-)

Many Regards and have a nice sunday,
Scandalrosi
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Hello and good evening, i need you help.
I´ve just gotten my first GPU, for my new mining rig (1st. one). My GPU is:
Sapphire Radeon RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB.
I´ve downloaded Versions 9.5 to 9.7. In the read.txt files, the first sentence is;
Catalyst 13.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. Catalyst 14.x and 15.x is supported as well, use appropriate version.

Do i understand right? I need the Catalyst drivers addionally to the normal AMD Drivers (radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1).
Can somebody tell me, witch version of Claymore´s the best is for my cards and witch version of Catalyst i´ve to use?
Thank you verry much.

Have a nice evening,
Scandalrosi

the old catalyst drivers do not support RX series.
You have to use newer version.
16.11.1 works well for me for instance.

OK, Thank you so much. So what i need is:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit​ (Windows 7)​
and
Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7 Beta - POOL Catalyst 15.12 with the right bat files for the right coin.
That´s all?

Regards,
Scandalrosi

That's all what it takes to start.
Once you get it running, you can start to look into BIOS editing and mem overclocking to increase your hasrate
I´ve downloaded Versions 9.5 to 9.7. In the read.txt files, the first sentence is;
Catalyst 13.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. Catalyst 14.x and 15.x is supported as well, use appropriate version.

Do i understand right? I need the Catalyst drivers addionally to the normal AMD Drivers (radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.2.1).
Can somebody tell me, witch version of Claymore´s the best is for my cards and witch version of Catalyst i´ve to use?
Thank you verry much.

Have a nice evening,
Scandalrosi

OK, Thank you so much. So what i need is:
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit​ (Windows 7)​
and
Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7 Beta - POOL Catalyst 15.12 with the right bat files for the right coin.
That´s all?

Regards,
Scandalrosi

Activity: 1
01:40:10:567   d7c   Missed required command line options!
what speed you get with 2150 memory ?
you have rx480 right ?

not sure it worth to keep the memory speed to high

with time it s gonna crash more and more, you gonna need to reduce the memory anyway

yeah reduced it already to 2100mhz with 1000mv , core clock is 1200 mhz with 990 mv. i will try later to undervolt a little more.
I currently use the 1625 straps and get on SG miner 720h/s for each card. on claymore its about 740. if i set the memory higher to 2150 i can get some more but its not stable enough to maintain for 1 hour.

the settings i have now look ok to stay stable on sgminer for 1 hour...

not great i have 750-770 on rx470 with 1920 memory,  i just checked i use 1375 timing
so i guess rx480 should do in the 800 area

750 stable with claymore miner? What drivers u use? What memory is in your Rx 470? I can go over 800 hash but it's not stable... I have Samsung memory
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Thank you verry much.

Have a nice evening,
Scandalrosi

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Claymore -- when is your latest CN miner coming out? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
you have rx480 right ?

with time it s gonna crash more and more, you gonna need to reduce the memory anyway

yeah reduced it already to 2100mhz with 1000mv , core clock is 1200 mhz with 990 mv. i will try later to undervolt a little more.
I currently use the 1625 straps and get on SG miner 720h/s for each card. on claymore its about 740. if i set the memory higher to 2150 i can get some more but its not stable enough to maintain for 1 hour.

not great i have 750-770 on rx470 with 1920 memory,  i just checked i use 1375 timing
so i guess rx480 should do in the 800 area
legendary
no just use the 16.x driver for 470's, specialy if you wanna edit your bios, (won't work after 16.11.4)
if you wanna i have the moded bios for that card, so you just need to flash

sapphire rx470 nitro 4G bios  Hynix
http://www.filedropper.com/biosv7t13751920762mh

Thank you verry much.

Have a nice evening,
Scandalrosi
you have rx480 right ?

legendary
you have rx480 right ?

you can test all straps with just 1 , if it s work one 1 then must work on the others too, but if after some fails than need to decrease memory speed

Thx later I will give it a try. At this moment I have the 1750 straps with 2150 Mem. I made a script so my PC reboots every 30 min. Like this I prevent windows from crashing and can still run more hash and lower power consumption. It's worth the reboots...
legendary
you can test all straps with just 1 , if it s work one 1 then must work on the others too, but if after some fails than need to decrease memory speed
rinus

one of your amd gpu crash , is not stable  (0x000000ea) is amd driver crash

Thx men. Nice help. Probably a driver issue or to much undervolting? PSU is ok

Be careful with your straps.  If it is a Hynix chip use 1500 strap, If it is a Samsung chip use 1750 strap.  

As for the switching off every few minutes, it could be that you are pushing the gpus too hard, but I had this issue and found that the PSU was the problem.  I switched out PSUs and the problem went away!

Hope this helps.  Mine for a Bit!

Hey, I don't think it's the PSU or the risers. I mined for 15 hours without crashing the rig on base BIOS and base settings. 4 hours ago I pushed the first card from 2000 to 2100 memory. If it stays stable after 12 hours I do the same with second card... This still with base straps... When I switch to 1750 straps and base settings it crashes after a few hours... Maybe it's my Mobo.. for sure not the PSU because that's a brand new 1200w platinum PSU with 94 procent efficiency.

if it s stable with original bios, then the problem comes from you traps  try others , as i said they not all stable i use 1450 on my rx470 if i remember

So if I understand well, I should reflash the BIOS to 1750, 1625, 1500,1450... Until my cards are stable at base settings ? Or should I try flashing them 1 at a Time?
legendary
rinus

Be careful with your straps.  If it is a Hynix chip use 1500 strap, If it is a Samsung chip use 1750 strap. 

As for the switching off every few minutes, it could be that you are pushing the gpus too hard, but I had this issue and found that the PSU was the problem.  I switched out PSUs and the problem went away!

Hope this helps.  Mine for a Bit!

Hey, I don't think it's the PSU or the risers. I mined for 15 hours without crashing the rig on base BIOS and base settings. 4 hours ago I pushed the first card from 2000 to 2100 memory. If it stays stable after 12 hours I do the same with second card... This still with base straps... When I switch to 1750 straps and base settings it crashes after a few hours... Maybe it's my Mobo.. for sure not the PSU because that's a brand new 1200w platinum PSU with 94 procent efficiency.

if it s stable with original bios, then the problem comes from you traps  try others , as i said they not all stable i use 1450 on my rx470 if i remember
rinus

Be careful with your straps.  If it is a Hynix chip use 1500 strap, If it is a Samsung chip use 1750 strap. 

As for the switching off every few minutes, it could be that you are pushing the gpus too hard, but I had this issue and found that the PSU was the problem.  I switched out PSUs and the problem went away!

Hope this helps.  Mine for a Bit!

Jump to: