Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 128. (Read 2145043 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Question for the group:

What is the daily profit for a 4xx series gpu and what platform are you mining?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
rinus

one of your amd gpu crash , is not stable  (0x000000ea) is amd driver crash

Thx men. Nice help. Probably a driver issue or to much undervolting? PSU is ok

Be careful with your straps.  If it is a Hynix chip use 1500 strap, If it is a Samsung chip use 1750 strap. 

As for the switching off every few minutes, it could be that you are pushing the gpus too hard, but I had this issue and found that the PSU was the problem.  I switched out PSUs and the problem went away!

Hope this helps.  Mine for a Bit!
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
suggestions?
One suggestion: stop polluting this thread with crap that has nothing to do with Claymore's CryptoNote miner. Angry PSU/motherboard issues, Windows reinstalling etc - all of that is offtopic here. People here signed up to get updates from this topic because they're interested in this miner's development and things related to running this particular miner - instead we have to read general nonsense about your hardware problems. There are other topics in these forums where you can ask your questions, you'll get better answers there and we won't have to read your off topic posts here.

Grin true that
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
rinus

could be riser , or simply wrong timing, did you try with original bios?
some timing give you crash , they not all working
could be undervolting yes
Activity: 362
Merit: 258
rinus

legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
rinus

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
can anyone tell me which pool is giving good earning?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014
suggestions?
One suggestion: stop polluting this thread with crap that has nothing to do with Claymore's CryptoNote miner. Angry PSU/motherboard issues, Windows reinstalling etc - all of that is offtopic here. People here signed up to get updates from this topic because they're interested in this miner's development and things related to running this particular miner - instead we have to read general nonsense about your hardware problems. There are other topics in these forums where you can ask your questions, you'll get better answers there and we won't have to read your off topic posts here.

just tested 3 cards separatly and they all mine perfect. When i want to run 2 cards together it crashes after some time ... so would this be something with PSU or with MOBO? its defenatly hardware related. i know i could easily fix it with buying a 6 pci motherboard ( asrock h81 pro btc ) and with a PSU of 1200 watts but i try to mine with hardware that i have available for free here at my home. so again , setup is 3 cards on 1 mobo and each card has its own 300 W PSU and the mobo has its own 300 w PSU. pci riser of each card is connected to the PSU from that card ...

please help

What cards are you trying to use?

A 300W PSU is no good for mining and you said you are daisy chaining like 4 PSU?

Why would you do that? Add2Psu is like £20 each and you have 4! Or are you doing some of your own wiring hacks?

I would say undoubtedly a power issue, however, you didn't say what mobo.

I wanted to make a miner of old computers that I have at home. I used an old Mobo anf 5 old PSU 300 w. Only the 4 Rx 480 nitro 8g are new. But I just bought a Corsair HX 1200i. Hope this gets it stable, otherwise I need to buy new Mobo Smiley

Corsair HX 1200i is a good PSU. Should be more than enough.

yeah PSU is fine now , but i still get unexpected crashes. I have a windows 10 version but it is not activated ... also i dasbled windows updates ( it crashed once because it was updating ) and this morning it crashed again , and when i looked in windows event viewer , it says that the pc restarted because of a bugfix ... but it just crashed and does not restart. Could this be the mobo ? thats still an old shitty 4 pci mobo.

i have flashed the 4 rx 480 cards to 1500 mem straps , and in claymore i have set the CPU to 1160mhz / 917 mv   and the mem to 1930 mhz / 917 mv ...       could this be causing windows crashing because of bugfix ?

this bugfix issue is the last problem i need to fix to have a stable mining rig

Claymore's miner has got some logs. Maybe you can take a look into these.

You can also try to increase VDDC and MVDDC

the logs look fine , no abnormal issues ... i cant see a gpu problem or so. i will reinstall windows 10 , then disable windows update again and windows defender. install the catalyst 15.12  ( currently i have the newest running , i heard 15.12 is more stable ) and i will set up the claymore miner with 1500 straps but no undervolting. i want to see it running stable for more then 6 hours ... any more suggestions i can or should take care of?
15.12 wont work with RX series You will need 16.x and if i remember correctly for 480's better copy 1750 straps

Ok thx. Yes I tried with 1750 straps and get a higher speed 800hash but when undervolting I draw less power at 750 hash with the 1500 straps. U think it could be the Mobo as well? Maybe I need to buy a cheap more recent 4pci Mobo?
usualy i would blame risers or psu, ive been mining on old mobos without problems atm im also using unactivated win 10 for months so thats not it, just make sure to turn off autoupdates, most stable driver for me is 16.9.2 im running all 35 gpus on it, but as it was said here couple of times claymore has stability issues with rx cards, thats why for one am using wolf atm. If You are working with clocks and uv i would recommend watttool not afterburner or typing values into claymore config

ok thx very much, i will do clean install of windows ( without rx cards plugged in mobo ) , dissable updates , instal 16.9.2 drivers , then plug in all the cards and see if they connect. after that i will reflash them to 1750 straps and do another test with claymore without undervolting or changing anything ... then if they not run stable i need to overthinkg everything again...

error i got in claymore :
OC v7, Reset control for GPU 12, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst

error i see in windows event viewer :
In de machtigingsinstellingen toepassingsspecifiek wordt de machtiging Activeren niet verleend aan Lokaal voor de COM-servertoepassing met CLSID
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
 en APPID
{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
 aan de gebruiker NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) met het adres LocalHost (via LRPC) die wordt uitgevoerd in de toepassingscontainer Niet beschikbaar SID (Niet beschikbaar). Deze beveiligingsmachtiging kan worden gewijzigd met het beheerprogramma van Component Services.

De computer is opnieuw opgestart na een bugcontrole. De bugcontrole is 0x000000ea (0xffffc40c7f1dc800, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). Er is een dump opgeslagen in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Rapport-id: 4b795637-dfc0-4081-a969-c35edb03c64e.

first error in windows has something to do with rights
second error is that the pc reboots after bugcheck ...

suggestions?

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

just tested 3 cards separatly and they all mine perfect. When i want to run 2 cards together it crashes after some time ... so would this be something with PSU or with MOBO? its defenatly hardware related. i know i could easily fix it with buying a 6 pci motherboard ( asrock h81 pro btc ) and with a PSU of 1200 watts but i try to mine with hardware that i have available for free here at my home. so again , setup is 3 cards on 1 mobo and each card has its own 300 W PSU and the mobo has its own 300 w PSU. pci riser of each card is connected to the PSU from that card ...

please help

A 300W PSU is no good for mining and you said you are daisy chaining like 4 PSU?

Why would you do that? Add2Psu is like £20 each and you have 4! Or are you doing some of your own wiring hacks?

I wanted to make a miner of old computers that I have at home. I used an old Mobo anf 5 old PSU 300 w. Only the 4 Rx 480 nitro 8g are new. But I just bought a Corsair HX 1200i. Hope this gets it stable, otherwise I need to buy new Mobo Smiley

yeah PSU is fine now , but i still get unexpected crashes. I have a windows 10 version but it is not activated ... also i dasbled windows updates ( it crashed once because it was updating ) and this morning it crashed again , and when i looked in windows event viewer , it says that the pc restarted because of a bugfix ... but it just crashed and does not restart. Could this be the mobo ? thats still an old shitty 4 pci mobo.

i have flashed the 4 rx 480 cards to 1500 mem straps , and in claymore i have set the CPU to 1160mhz / 917 mv   and the mem to 1930 mhz / 917 mv ...       could this be causing windows crashing because of bugfix ?

the logs look fine , no abnormal issues ... i cant see a gpu problem or so. i will reinstall windows 10 , then disable windows update again and windows defender. install the catalyst 15.12  ( currently i have the newest running , i heard 15.12 is more stable ) and i will set up the claymore miner with 1500 straps but no undervolting. i want to see it running stable for more then 6 hours ... any more suggestions i can or should take care of?
15.12 wont work with RX series You will need 16.x and if i remember correctly for 480's better copy 1750 straps

Ok thx. Yes I tried with 1750 straps and get a higher speed 800hash but when undervolting I draw less power at 750 hash with the 1500 straps. U think it could be the Mobo as well? Maybe I need to buy a cheap more recent 4pci Mobo?
usualy i would blame risers or psu, ive been mining on old mobos without problems atm im also using unactivated win 10 for months so thats not it, just make sure to turn off autoupdates, most stable driver for me is 16.9.2 im running all 35 gpus on it, but as it was said here couple of times claymore has stability issues with rx cards, thats why for one am using wolf atm. If You are working with clocks and uv i would recommend watttool not afterburner or typing values into claymore config

please help

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

please help

Supersonic is right, you can't use 15.12 for RX series.
I'm personally using 16.11.1 without issues.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104

please help

please help

Activity: 185

please help

please help

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

please help

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 223

please help

I am hopeful that your issue will be solved with good power  Smiley

I just had a IBM 2880W PSU arrive in the post Grin - most issues I have ever come across during mining have had a PSU, power or heat issue at the root.

please help

Jump to: