Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 165. (Read 2145041 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
if you have samsung memory copy only the 1750 strap to 2000, works better than the 1500 strap
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to share what I did to improve my hash rates from 593 H/s to 730 h/s on MSI 480X Armor Series 4GB (Hynix). (Claymore 9.6)

Necessary Software : MSI Afterburner (or equivalent), DDU, 16.9.1 AMD Drivers, ATIFlas 2.7.4, Polaris Bios Editor

1) Run DDU and uninstall current drivers and downgrade / upgrade AMD drivers to 16.9.1 (Why? Cause these dont need Bios to be signed. IMPORTANT : ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS)
2) Once restarted please make sure you turnoff Crossfire (if applicable) before moving forward.
3) Download ATIflash 2.7.4 and Polaris Bios Editor
4) Take a back up of current Graphic Cards Bios (VERY IMPORTANT)
5) Open said back up of Bios in Polaris editor
6) Bottom right hand you will see memory speeds (in 300Mhz all the way to 2000 Mhz) and timings (in Hex)
7) Copy the hex string that is present in 1500 MHZ and paste it to other's which are BELOW it (I.E the 1750MHZ and so on)
Cool Save the Bios as "RX480Modded", so your back up remains intact and you dont fudge it.
9) Reload ATIFlash and "Load" "Rx480Modded" Bios and click on "Program".
10) Restart Computer

Try running Claymore and only claymore, not Wolf's miner (no offence, but limit your variables). Check if it hashes. if you are on a 4GB card your MEM timing might be at 1750. Run it a while and you should see some improvement to your hash rates. Next, fire up MSI Burner, and increase Mem speed to 2000. Restart Claymore miner. And this is where its a bit jiffy, sometimes my cards can run fine for days, sometimes they crash or hang on 1st attempt. If they crash try restarting and checking / lower mem speed. Once you notice everything is stable, try playing around with the voltage and core clock to better your efficiency. I dont know if Im doing good or not, but here are my stats (I dont know how to post pics, but will do so if some one wants to see).

HW : 2x Rx480 + 1x ATI 7950 (no bios mod for 7950 or anything but running @ 1050 / 1450)
Total Hash : 1878 H/s
RX 480 : 724, RX 480 725, 7950 430.

Core clock for RX480 = 1160MHZ // Mem : 2000Mhz Voltage for both cards @ 943mv
7950 Voltage = 1000mv
Total Power Draw @ wall : 380 Watts (Edit : Opps its actually 380 Watts, had my CPU Miner running as well which is why it showed 430W, corrected)

NOTE: After flashing your "custom" Rom, if you upgrade your graphic drivers, windows / ATI will not detect your cards any more. To revert that just reflash your backed up Bios Rom and it should be back to normal. Or (Very complicated and time consuming process involved) there are work arounds to disable both driver signing and AMD signing (not sure what its called) just check in this forum.

I know the above can be overwhelming if you are not in to this stuff and I wasnt and I needed some $ to pay my ever increasing bills. But as long as you dont do something too greedy or stupid you should make it out alright. Try this at your own risk, there are obvious dangers involved, with a bad bios flash, you may loose the card.

So good luck! And hope this helps someone.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
What boosts Monero hashrate more clock or memory OC ?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

google won't allow these files to be downloaded. They are listed as containing a virus.

Claymore's mega link on the first page also contains past versions.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
this needs bootstraps mods no eother way to make good hashes
Activity: 68
no matter what combination i try i never manage to get more than 515s on xfx rx 470.
whether i adjust a, hashes or mem/clock speeds, 515 is the maximum i get and after 5-6 hours it crashes
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Well, after initial good results on both my rigs with 9.6, I now have problems with both.  Woke up this morning to rig #2 (6x RX 470s) crashed and all fans blasting. This happened the night before with core/clock settings of 1200/1950, so I had lowered it to 1200/1920.  It ran all day fine then just a few minutes ago, I check it and I had the same "Open CL hung in thread 10 & 11" issue that had occurred the night before.  Now I have it set at default 1242/1900, so we will see how that goes.

On Rig #1 that had been running 4x rx 470s for over 4 days straight at 1242/1900, it just experienced that sporadic fan blasting issue that others have encountered. So, I had to reboot and reset that one as well.

Bottom line, there definitely appear to be stability issues with the 4xx series cards, so hopefully this is something that can be addressed in the forthcoming v10. 

I know this belongs on the CPU thread but I have also seen weird things going on with Claymore CPU XMR Miner 3.5.  I have 3 K series i7's mining it and on 2 of my 3 PCs, the hash-rate has inexplicably dropped by about 10-15%.  This is after restarting and rebooting several times and there is nothing else running CPU wise, yet for some reason it's not as effective.

Really looking forward to the GPU miner update. Thanks in advance Claymore!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Please allow workernames as username, not only wallet addresses

bumping this once more Smiley

Ok I will release new version in 2-4 days, I will update many things.

Cool, just noticed this post; should be soon then. Smiley
Waiting for this update so it works on MultiPoolMiner for MiningPoolHub.
https://github.com/aaronsace/MultiPoolMiner/releases
Activity: 5
Is anyone else having to run Low Intensity mode to maximize hashrate with RX 480? Or is anyone getting invalid shares through minergate? Version 9.6
Activity: 232
Which is normal value of "gpu load" with this miner?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
i have problem
i can not connect at dwrpool

how i can fix that?HuhHuh??
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Meantime Claymore's v9.6    6x sapphire 480 nitro+ 4GB  default clocks  mining  without any problem for last 26h with  constant speed 4480 H/s

which crimson driver did you use?
Activity: 224
CryptoLearner
Hello fellow miners,

I perused the thread quite a bit in search of informations, but overall i didn't saw much about hash/electricity ratio for RX470/480 cards.

Can you post some datas for example

CARD MODEL - BIOS / OC - HASH - POWER - Claymore GPU miner version ?

ie sapphire RX 480 nitro+ 8Go - STOCK / 1500-1000 - 750 - 120W - 9.6

Would be awesome, thanks in advance and happy new year Wink

PS : any good link is appreciated too Wink

PS2 : i saw this one http://monerobechmarks.byethost5.com/ but most data are a tad old and most wattage infos / bios are missing , i would love it hear it directly from our miners Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi all

I didn't know how to work the question properly, so I found no answers.

A very quick one though;

I am using the Claymore Miner in a pool of choice. I know the M option gives hashrates of individual cards. However if anyone has mined XMR you would notice every so often when a new job is received, you get a hash rate reading. that reading when the new job is received is at least 120-150 Hash LOWER than the combined M option individual card Hash readings, averaged out over, say 5 iterations.

Any suggestions as to which is correct?

The main reason I want to find the info out is because I am tweaking power consumption to the ideal hash. Optimal profits and all that jazz Smiley

Hey there.

Regarding your Sum hashrate for your cards, don't worry about that amount, it's truly negligible.  Your miner is sending it's correct hashrate to your pool. Even your pool will show different hash readings throughout the mining process. This is normal.  I total 6300h/s but can see numbers as low as 5500 and as high as 6700 on the pool website, even though I'm hashing at a solid 6300.  Additionally, it takes ~3000 shares for the miner to get to it's optimal hash rate.

In other words, you're ok.

Activity: 67
Meantime Claymore's v9.6    6x sapphire 480 nitro+ 4GB  default clocks  mining  without any problem for last 26h with  constant speed 4480 H/s
Activity: 45
Hi all

I didn't know how to work the question properly, so I found no answers.

A very quick one though;

I am using the Claymore Miner in a pool of choice. I know the M option gives hashrates of individual cards. However if anyone has mined XMR you would notice every so often when a new job is received, you get a hash rate reading. that reading when the new job is received is at least 120-150 Hash LOWER than the combined M option individual card Hash readings, averaged out over, say 5 iterations.

Any suggestions as to which is correct?

The main reason I want to find the info out is because I am tweaking power consumption to the ideal hash. Optimal profits and all that jazz Smiley
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
9.6 plays nicely with my 470 nitros.
never freeze
Activity: 68
any news about when a new version will be released that plays nicely with rx 4xx series?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
any link for 9.5 claymore to downloaded?
Jump to: