Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 255. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Bullshit - I talked to dga. What's your beef with me, seriously? If you were just trolling, I doubt you would put this much effort into it.

It does surprise me that you're pissed I released it, though, as I didn't want to. Even more odd that dga is your hero, when he never released his, the guy he sold it to did.

I believe the latter statement ("the guy he sold it to ... released it") to be false, as I noted above.

The former is quite true that I never released it;  there are few heroes in this business.  I developed a fast, private miner for XMR and used for financial gain.  I didn't release it, and planned to keep it private until I'd made some money from it.  As some folks may know, I've been exploring a bunch of different models for how to get paid for developing miners and cryptocurrency code, ranging from:
  * Give it away and ask for donations (this doesn't work at all) -- scrypt for nvidia.
  * Bounties (protoshares gpu) -- this works ok, but doesn't really pay a living wage for the development time.
  * Developer fee (mandatory and then optional / open source after a week or two, for Riecoin) -- less than the bounty approach
  * Mine early to get some holdings and then try to help the coin by contributing code to it (Boolberry)
  * Mine privately for a month before giving it away (the most successful approach yet) (Monero)
    (I never got my month.  *grin*)

It's a debate worth having about how to fund ongoing development of good code, and it's clear from the response to Claymore's fee that there are very strong feelings about it on all sides.

yvg1900 may have the best model overall (a gentle dev fee in a closed source context), but I still think it's worth figuring out good paths that result in the development of quality open source software.

Good programmers are really expensive.

I think cbuchner1 actually has it right, though:  Future coin developers should partner with a miner developer or two to release their coins with fast CPU and GPU miners publicly available as open source.  It'll reduce (but not eliminate) all of this crap.  Perhaps fund it with a share of a 1% dev fee built into the coin itself, as Boolberry incorporated, so that the devs have an incentive to keep up the code.

Fully agreed. Dga, you are probably one of these heroes Smiley Also, thanks for sharing these information - this is pretty rare material!

Regarding the models you tested: What is left to try?

* Start your own coin?
* Become a speculator?
* Be an investor (aka coin angle)?
* Being John Malkovich?
* Start yet another crypto exchange?

Best, BigJ
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
linux miner comming soon?

I hope to have it soon, though it will take some more time, person who ports it to Linux decided not to do it after checking sources and now I have to find someone else.

exist some bounty for persons who ports it to Linux?  wanna donate a bit )
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
And PIMP devs collect donations to add cryptonight gpu support.

Check #9 at http://www.getpimp.org/features.html
And I'm the only one who's donated! Woohoo!... Not. Come on guys, support the PiMP guys!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
ducknote.crypto-pool.fr just opened.

Same features as monero.crypto-pool.fr :

High Efficiency You will get better pay on average than other pools.
Ultra Stability No downtime. No restart needed when updating the code.
Advanced Payment System Transaction ID for every payment. Adaptive minimal payout for small & big miner.
Firewall pass through Use special port if needed.
both HTTP & stratum available
24/7 support Bitcointalk : superresistant - IRC (freenode) : superresistant or onishin
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Activity: 251
v5.1 is available:

- Added Dashcoin, OEC, MCN and ORION support.

Thanks
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
And PIMP devs collect donations to add cryptonight gpu support.

Check #9 at http://www.getpimp.org/features.html
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

I hope to have it soon, though it will take some more time, person who ports it to Linux decided not to do it after checking sources and now I have to find someone else.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
v5.1 is available:

Pls, udpate CPU miner
Activity: 33
Activity: 378
v5.1 is available:

any speed improvements? because v4.0 is still the fastest
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v5.1 is available:

Activity: 448
Merit: 252
no OneEvilCoin support?
Activity: 210
Anyway this will work with Radeon HD 5850 cards?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Please add OEC coin, or allow to use ANY CN wallet address with nofee=1 parameter (imho it's fair).

I second that, PLEASE ADD ONEEVILCOIN!
Activity: 54
Please add OEC coin, or allow to use ANY CN wallet address with nofee=1 parameter (imho it's fair).
Activity: 251
Please add evilcoin
Activity: 173
Wait to make lots of coins and then it will update it.
Another doomed coin
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I've started GPU mining Monero today...

is it normal that computer freezes constantly (for like a split second up to a second) when mining? I get around 300h/s with 7970

and running with the "-li 1" which is supposed the command that doesn't freeze Windows

also, temp is hovering around 64, GPU Usage 98-99%

What command should I use to lower the GPU usage?

edit: added "-a 2" command, getting half the hashes but still freezing noticably.

Is this miner just not very optimized?
Jump to: