Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 257. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
- 510h/s - 280X Sams mem   (MSI Gaming)
- 490h/s - 7950 Hynix mem   (Gigabyte WF3)

And how is this possible?

- 510h/s - 280X Samsung Good memory!
- 490h/s - 7950 Hynix Good memory!
- 400h/s - 7950 Elpida bad memory...

I get only
- 460h/s - 280X Sams mem   (MSI Gaming)
- 400h/s - 7950 Hynix mem   (Gigabyte WF3)
Activity: 348
Merit: 102

- 510h/s - 280X Samsung Good memory!
- 490h/s - 7950 Hynix Good memory!
- 400h/s - 7950 Elpida bad memory...
Activity: 924
- 400h/s - 7950 Elpida mem  (Sapphire DUAL-X/VAPOR-X/ASUS DCIIT)
- 404h/s - 270X Hynix mem   (Sapphire DUAL-X OC)
- 320h/s - 270X Elpida mem  (Powercolor Turbo-DUO/Gigabyte WF3)

Activity: 348
Merit: 102
- 400h/s - 7950 Elpida mem  (Sapphire DUAL-X/VAPOR-X/ASUS DCIIT)
- 404h/s - 270X Hynix mem   (Sapphire DUAL-X OC)
- 320h/s - 270X Elpida mem  (Powercolor Turbo-DUO/Gigabyte WF3)
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
If we compare Monero mining to X11 mining , which one requires more energy?
For example my rig takes 1200W when mining scrypt 1500 W when mining X11 900W Im using 5 r290

X11 is slighlty better at conserving energy compared to cryptonight (monero).  iirc... X11 is about 55% of scrypt energy consumption while cryptonight is about 40%.  Although... "optimizations" have frequenlty meant better hashes at detriment of power consumption.

edit: right now... it's hard to mine x11 for better profit than cryptonight... but that's always changing.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
If we compare Monero mining to X11 mining , which one requires more energy?
For example my rig takes 1200W when mining scrypt 1500 W when mining X11 900W Im using 5 r290
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Sorry but performance for 5850 are very slow....on scrypt are like twice slower than 290 (two 5850 for one 290), and here are four times slower(four 5850 for one 290). Just sayin'

thanks
legendary
Activity: 854
You people who even hint at reverse-engineering claymore's stuff don't deserve to even have a computer to mine with.

You moral crusaders are more irritating than insects.

This is a question of ethicality and simply doing the right thing.  We haven't even addressed the morals of IP theft yet.

Selling your services to the xmr botnet owners and also receiving a stolen copy of dga's xmr miner source code to make your xmr miner work makes you nothing more than a hack/thief with zero ethics.  

You're a disgrace, both as a "dev" and as a member of the crypto community.  

First, I don't know what you've heard, but I NEVER got a stolen copy of dga's work. It was given to me by the very person he sold it to - to improve upon it. Not only did I do that, when I open sourced it, I credited him and even sent him BTC.

EDIT: It'd be nice if people told me these wild stories they hear so I can tell them what really happened.

Interesting how as soon as I set the record straight, he doesn't say shit. Not, "sorry I spread a rumor slandering you," or anything. Tongue

What?  I am not about to turn this thread into a debate on the ethicality of unauthorized open-sourcing.  

Dga did not authorize you to open-source any code from his xmr miner, period.  He sold it to someone else, not you.  He did not authorize his code ending up in your miner.

Now the record is straight.  Nothing else to say.

The person he sold it to - who had the rights to it - told me to open source it. If dga sells the rights to his code to someone, and that person authorizes its release, then there is nothing wrong with it.

Face it - you heard some rumor that was basically a bunch of slanderous lies, and took it as fact, and now that I can defend myself you want to twist it to make it fit.

Liars will be liars.  

Oh, and you know I'm lying how? Right, because your source is impeccable, I'm sure. Who was it? The voice in your head after too much vodka?  Cheesy

You have no evidence for any of your claims - you're making shit up to attack me.

Dga himself.

You know what you did.  I just laid it out. 

I'm done replying to you.
legendary
You people who even hint at reverse-engineering claymore's stuff don't deserve to even have a computer to mine with.

This is a question of ethicality and simply doing the right thing.  We haven't even addressed the morals of IP theft yet.

Selling your services to the xmr botnet owners and also receiving a stolen copy of dga's xmr miner source code to make your xmr miner work makes you nothing more than a hack/thief with zero ethics.  

First, I don't know what you've heard, but I NEVER got a stolen copy of dga's work. It was given to me by the very person he sold it to - to improve upon it. Not only did I do that, when I open sourced it, I credited him and even sent him BTC.

EDIT: It'd be nice if people told me these wild stories they hear so I can tell them what really happened.

Interesting how as soon as I set the record straight, he doesn't say shit. Not, "sorry I spread a rumor slandering you," or anything. Tongue

What?  I am not about to turn this thread into a debate on the ethicality of unauthorized open-sourcing.  

Dga did not authorize you to open-source any code from his xmr miner, period.  He sold it to someone else, not you.  He did not authorize his code ending up in your miner.

Now the record is straight.  Nothing else to say.

The person he sold it to - who had the rights to it - told me to open source it. If dga sells the rights to his code to someone, and that person authorizes its release, then there is nothing wrong with it.

Face it - you heard some rumor that was basically a bunch of slanderous lies, and took it as fact, and now that I can defend myself you want to twist it to make it fit.

Liars will be liars. 
legendary

What?  I am not about to turn this thread into a debate on the ethicality of unauthorized open-sourcing. 

Dga did not authorize you to open-source any code from his xmr miner, period.  He sold it to someone else, not you.  He did not authorize his code ending up in your miner.

Now the record is straight.  Nothing else to say.

Activity: 33
yeah its in there some where in the last 20 pages or so

but you can go here instead

https://github.com/tsiv/ccminer-cryptonight
Activity: 33
Can us Nivida folks get some luvin? Smiley

there is already a cuda miner.. can't recall the name because i have no use for it! search the 'Mining' subforum and i'm sure you will find it.
ccminer

read all abouit it here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229
Activity: 70
to make more better goodness
There are plenty good people over on the NXTForums. Wink
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

Ccminer fork by tsiv
Without dev fee btw.
about 270h for 750ti

yes, there are still decent people in this soap opera crypto world
Activity: 115
I've tried 4.2 and 5.0 on my rigs, either the OS hangs or the application hangs and I have to physically restart them.  Going back to 3.4 as I had zero trouble with that.
Thanks, guys!
Activity: 118

Ccminer fork by tsiv
Without dev fee btw.
about 270h for 750ti
Activity: 98

there is already a cuda miner.. can't recall the name because i have no use for it! search the 'Mining' subforum and i'm sure you will find it.
Activity: 98
Is there a way to set different -a modes in one rig? I have one 290 and one 5850.  I tried -a 23 and -a 2,3  - it gives me only mode 3 for all cards.

just speculation, could you run more than one instance of the program and disable cards with the '-di' flag ... so that way you could run the '-a' flags the way you wanted on multiple cards and they wouldn't interfere with each other?
Jump to: