Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 280. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 101
xmining.org
I have HD 5850.
Hashrate - 140 h/s
But miner stops after 3-4 h. mining and miner proceeds mining after restart.
Drivers not crashed.
HD 5850 jointly with HD 6850.
HD 6850 continues mining.

Why it occurs?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I have 10 rigs + other 3 rigs friend of mine, all of them are 4xGPU, 280x (Sapphire, Asus) 7970 (Sapphire), all sorts of cards combined,
but I never had a problem with ver. 3.x, which is most people stating in here.
For tweaking I'm using MSI afterburner, if you have low hashrates and clocks are jumping,
just try to give more volts.
I did not made any other adjustments.
And as well I'm mining with 2-3 threads with CPU on those rigs.
It's running full throttle and nothing is lagging, everything is running stable.
So I can say there is no problem at all with Claymore miner.

I would love to try any method to get this working. What voltage increase should I attempt?

I also would like to note that I do not have problems with the clock speeds bouncing around. Just lower than usual hashrate.
~360 h/s

edit: If you could check to see what memory type (elpida?) your cards run that would help me out too.

What is the hash rate if you mine scrypt algo with the 280x ?
Activity: 161
I have Gigabyte R9 280x with elpida memory and it gives me 370-380 h\s
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

If you could check to see what memory type (elpida?) your cards run that would help me out too.

if you tell me how to check what kind of memory I have,
then I can take a look, and I will tell you then.
because I have no idea how to check that.

and about that voltage, it depend on card, for some is 1,1V enough, another need at least 1,163V

it is total mismatch in my rigs, some of riser are powered, some are not, some are long, some, short, some usb,
some mobos are with molex connectors, some without,
but you know how is it like, if something is working, then dont touch, or even breath Smiley

GPU-Z will tell ya
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

If you could check to see what memory type (elpida?) your cards run that would help me out too.

if you tell me how to check what kind of memory I have,
then I can take a look, and I will tell you then.
because I have no idea how to check that.

and about that voltage, it depend on card, for some is 1,1V enough, another need at least 1,163V

it is total mismatch in my rigs, some of riser are powered, some are not, some are long, some, short, some usb,
some mobos are with molex connectors, some without,
but you know how is it like, if something is working, then dont touch, or even breath Smiley
I have 10 rigs + other 3 rigs friend of mine, all of them are 4xGPU, 280x (Sapphire, Asus) 7970 (Sapphire), all sorts of cards combined,
For tweaking I'm using MSI afterburner, if you have low hashrates and clocks are jumping,
It's running full throttle and nothing is lagging, everything is running stable.

I would love to try any method to get this working. What voltage increase should I attempt?

I also would like to note that I do not have problems with the clock speeds bouncing around. Just lower than usual hashrate.
~360 h/s

edit: If you could check to see what memory type (elpida?) your cards run that would help me out too.
legendary

what is the hash rate you get with 280x and 7970?

440-460 h/s there is no big difference between those two models
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Anybody try updating vbios on gigabyte cards? Some listed on site "F" version scared me off.
Activity: 137

what is the hash rate you get with 280x and 7970?
legendary
Activity: 34
This days was lots of jumpings form pool to pool, it was easy to hurt youself.
Hey I know you didn't say you updated 3.4 to deal with some of the 280x problems and it appears to have to do with those cards with Elpida memory. Do you (or does anyone for that matter) think this may be fixable with a BOIS firmware update on the card?

I hurt myself the other day and I'm immobile right now, looking for ways to sort this out. Thanks guys! Wink
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v3.4 is available:

- Now every pool has 3 connection attempts before miner switches to different pool. It prevents miner from disconnection from your main pool if this pool has to be restarted.

Unable to use it. It asked me for unknown options

May be you can provide more details? I extract v3.4 to separate folder, start pool.bat and it's working.

Claymore are you able to look into the cpu miner not being able to allocate memory on windows 8/8.1?

Yes, I think you should check its thread before asking here, I posted answer some time ago Smiley
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
v3.4 is available:

- Now every pool has 3 connection attempts before miner switches to different pool. It prevents miner from disconnection from your main pool if this pool has to be restarted.

May be you can provide more details? I extract v3.4 to separate folder, start pool.bat and it's working.

Claymore are you able to look into the cpu miner not being able to allocate memory on windows 8/8.1?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v3.4 is available:

legendary
Activity: 1106
v3.4 is available:

Activity: 14
Does miner support minergate???
I have 5-6 Kh/s working on minergate for 12 hours, get 0.2 XRM
Confirm.
Didn't work correctly with minergate this night. Hashrate displayed correctly in the  minergate account window, but the shares takes the wrong.
I also have 3 Kh / s working on merged minig minergate for 11 hours.
Get 0.1 XMR fnd  12 FCN instead of  2.3 XMR And 19 FCN. Minergate reports about  49,000 taken shares on each coin.

Guys, I confirm the problem and it was at our end. We had a hardware failure yesterday on the main data center. Automatically switched to reserving DC, but unfortunately it's running too old monero daemons, so all blocks were submitted ok and all shares were calculated correctly, but we received much less XMR than expected.
Fixed tonight.
I'm very sorry for that issue. We do our best to improve MinerGate and provide better service for you.
Activity: 231
Merit: 101
xmining.org
There was a problem with 3.4
Driver crash - HD 7970
This problems are absent with 3.3
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
What about solo miner if it possible with that strange wallet ? I don't like this situation with the pools we have, something crash like escrow, something disconnect and so on.
legendary
Activity: 882

450 h/s in v3.2, 460 h/s in v3.3. Stock clocks and bios, 280x powercolor, hynix memory, no riser. It seems I have to check this problem only remotely with logs, so it will take more time to find the reason.

What if the problem is in memory type? Because I have the elpida memory and I get only 360 h/s.

we already figured out the speed/stability issue was memory related..... does nobody read previous posts about that issue, given how many times it has been covered....
Jump to: