Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 282. (Read 2145040 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I don't see any example of .bat file if you wanna mm BCN/FCN pair on only mm pool, which is unfortunately minergate.com, but can anyone copy one for me please or explain it better than in Read me?
Is this formate OK:

GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://fcn-bcn.pool.minergate.com:5558 -u my_mail_I_use_for_minergate_pool -password_I_use_for_minergate

Yup, that is correct. I had to find that one on my own also, but that is exactly how to make MM work on there.

Hey Claymore,
             Why are you hesitant to make the miner work with AMD 14.6 driver? Seems like most miners out there gain a performance of some sort from it.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I don't see any example of .bat file if you wanna mm BCN/FCN pair on only mm pool, which is unfortunately minergate.com, but can anyone copy one for me please or explain it better than in Read me?
Is this formate OK:

GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://fcn-bcn.pool.minergate.com:5558 -u my_mail_I_use_for_minergate_pool -password_I_use_for_minergate

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
What I'd REALLY like to see, is an nvidia miner if you could come up with that. Wink

Have you been following the cudaminer/ccminer thread?  Someone got cryptonight currency working in ccminer but at slow speeds.  Right after that, Cbuchner posted that he got it working too but even faster... not sure how fast but it's exciting.  As I understand, there could be something for XMR in ccminer soon.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
running a GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 2.0) r9 280x as my main display and hashing @ 370h/s. windows 64/default 13.12/bat:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://

am I missing something? Could I be burning up 80h/s in display?

Same here on one of the amd rigs...4x280x doing 1495h/s (maybe a cpu bottleneck?)

On one of the rigs I get an app crash, and it won't mine no matter what.

Screenshot:

Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Catalyst 13.12 recognize only four cards!
Activity: 75
running a GV-R928XOC-3GD (rev. 2.0) r9 280x as my main display and hashing @ 370h/s. windows 64/default 13.12/bat:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://

am I missing something? Could I be burning up 80h/s in display?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yeah... I mined your mom last night.
is this error because of server or because of my cards overclock?

As a few of you may know, the majority of XMR pools have been DDOS attacked over the weekend, and as such, pool owners are doing everything they can to stabilize them.

You WILL see errors from time to time, as you may also see hashrate drops due to changing pools if you have a fail-over setup.
i agree but when i reduce overclock i dont see this error
is that 3 290's? :-)
what settings you use? so far stock is best for mine, havent found the right oc setting yet...
yes 3x290
1170/1500

Bet you could improve 10% or more by setting gpu clock to 1200 and dropping memclock.

Doesn't seem to be too dependent on memory speed.
Activity: 378

As a few of you may know, the majority of XMR pools have been DDOS attacked over the weekend, and as such, pool owners are doing everything they can to stabilize them.

You WILL see errors from time to time, as you may also see hashrate drops due to changing pools if you have a fail-over setup.
what settings you use? so far stock is best for mine, havent found the right oc setting yet...
yes 3x290
1170/1500
v3.3 is available:

- Improved mining speed up to 5%, depends on card, I get 650 h/s on stock 290x.
- Improved stability.

It seems I fixed issue with bad performance on 280x, though not sure, on my 280x it works fine.

I guess if you're going to keep updating as much as you are, then I do not see a problem with the 5% dev fee. You've updated more than any dev I've seen so far.

What I'd REALLY like to see, is an nvidia miner if you could come up with that. Wink

Other than that, I plan on ordering a ton of 270's (non-X) to mount into a rig. Don't suppose you could come up with a linux version of this?
Activity: 736
Merit: 500

Are there any performance gains between version 3.1 and 3.2 ?

freeze my computer wih 3.2

turn down your clocks a bit. I've been running 3.2 for over 24hrs no problem, overclocked at that on 2x 7870's @ 1200gpu/1250mem @650-670h/s.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Claymore

I have a dummy rig I can set up to give you TeamViewer or some other remote access to if this would help solve the problem 280x problems.

Thanks, but it won't help. I can buy a couple 280x more, but who knows if at least one will have this problem. I will do it if I'm unable to find the reason.

I think the problem is around multi gpu handling. On one Rig 2x280x asus 900 h/s and where i have 4x280x saphire only 1400 h/s

I am only running one card though.
Activity: 46
Claymore

I have a dummy rig I can set up to give you TeamViewer or some other remote access to if this would help solve the problem 280x problems.

Thanks, but it won't help. I can buy a couple 280x more, but who knows if at least one will have this problem. I will do it if I'm unable to find the reason.

I think the problem is around multi gpu handling. On one Rig 2x280x asus 900 h/s and where i have 4x280x saphire only 1400 h/s
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore

Activity: 98
3% improvement on 2x280x, default clocks, for stability cannot say nothing yet.
Activity: 55
Claymore

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore
where does GPU Miner creates/stores its own generated *.bin-files from the first start (or there is no need in such bin-files...)?

Miner does not generate any files except log if logging enabled.
Jump to: