Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 92. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 8
Hey folks

here are my results

Nitro+ rx 470 4gb:
before 750 H/s ; after 790 H/s = +40/50 H/s
power draw before 650w ; after 450w (500w) = -150w
-h 900 -dmem 1

rx 470 8gb mining edition (samsung)
hashrate 845 H/s
power draw 75w
-h 1800 -dmem 1

if you need more details check here http://1stminingrig.com/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v10-2-update-review/

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
If i set set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1 -dmem 1 -h 896 i have 502 h/s, if set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0 -dmem 1 -h 512 I get a 530. That's the problem.
Setting -h as high as possible is good only for modern Polaris and Vega cards (don't know about Fiji) with blockchain drivers.
For older cards (hawaii, tonga, etc) you should find the sweep spot. And it won't be the max value
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
If i set set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1 -dmem 1 -h 896 i have 502 h/s, if set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0 -dmem 1 -h 512 I get a 530. That's the problem.
The -h parameter for 270/270X/370 is 512 the best. You can check it by launchung without -dmem 1 option.
-dmem 1 option is increase a little speed on these cards. But if -h parameter optimal without -dmem 1 option than it will be optimal with -dmem 1 option.
530-540 h/s is the maximum for these cards i think.
then its not the best Cheesy
It's the best available for everyone that can be found in internet. I think that it not the best too. But I can't find better...
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

[/quote]
cause you are both stupid enough to disallow 64 bit gpu pointers
you should
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
[/quote]

Well you're one smart. Installation setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1 helps, That much I know. But it is impossible to achieve the maximum memory values with the parameters -h and-dmem
[/quote]

setx is used without equal (=) sign.
= is used with set command, e.g. set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

And what problems with -h and -dmem?
[/quote]
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
I'm able to get about 760-790 h/s with 10.2 on my cards.  Mix of RX 570s/580s 4GB.

On a 580 8GB I have it gets slightly above 800 h/s but thats about the best I can get so far.

If anyone has gotten higher and have any tips let me know.

Thanks
On my RX 580 8Gb(hynix) 1380/2200 I can reach 840-850 h/s -h 1800 -dmem 1
There is some peoples have 1k+ h/s on 480... I don't know how.

with ubermix 3.1 straps and samsung mem
I didn't rtied ubermix straps on my hynix memory. It's possible that they are will work on hynix memory?

No, please do not try to use memory straps from SAMSUNG memory on HYNIX because you risk breaking your card.
I'm not 1st day works with computer parts. And I know what is memory timings. Not only on VRAM. And I know that they are can't make damage on card, it can't even damage video memory. Maximum that wrong timings can do - it's BSOD or system hang during initialization of video memory on frequcency were timings are modified.
And you must know that almost half of modified straps in the internet for hynix, elpida, micron are maked by modifying memory timings from other memory.
F.e. best memory timings for RX 580 8Gb with hynix that you can found in internet taken from 1750 micron memory strap of RX 480 8Gb without any changes.

what is the hashrate with the micron straps?
That strap used in all modded bioses for 580 cards with hynix memory founded in inrenet. It gives about 29M speed on ethereum. 840 h/s on monero.

then its not the best Cheesy
I'm able to get about 760-790 h/s with 10.2 on my cards.  Mix of RX 570s/580s 4GB.

On a 580 8GB I have it gets slightly above 800 h/s but thats about the best I can get so far.

Thanks

I didn't rtied ubermix straps on my hynix memory. It's possible that they are will work on hynix memory?

No, please do not try to use memory straps from SAMSUNG memory on HYNIX because you risk breaking your card.
I'm not 1st day works with computer parts. And I know what is memory timings. Not only on VRAM. And I know that they are can't make damage on card, it can't even damage video memory. Maximum that wrong timings can do - it's BSOD or system hang during initialization of video memory on frequcency were timings are modified.
And you must know that almost half of modified straps in the internet for hynix, elpida, micron are maked by modifying memory timings from other memory.
F.e. best memory timings for RX 580 8Gb with hynix that you can found in internet taken from 1750 micron memory strap of RX 480 8Gb without any changes.

That strap used in all modded bioses for 580 cards with hynix memory founded in inrenet. It gives about 29M speed on ethereum. 840 h/s on monero.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.

Thanks

legendary
Why your miner see only 3072M of video memory on R9 270X 4Gb card?

+1
The same situation with graphics cards r7 370
you should

Well you're one smart. Installation setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1 helps, That much I know. But it is impossible to achieve the maximum memory values with the parameters -h and-dmem

setx is used without equal (=) sign.
= is used with set command, e.g. set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=1

And what problems with -h and -dmem?

+1
you should

+1
you should
On my R9 270X with 4Gb in bat-file exist string

but miner shows that GPU with 3072M video memory.
legendary

+1
you should

+1

Thanks

You asked for advice, I gave you advice. I see that you have little to no knowledge, and want to defend it instead of wanting to learn more. You are more than welcome to use any strap on any card, be happy wrecking your cards.
I'm asking because maybe someone allready was tried this. I think that it didn't work. But it don't wreck card. Maybe you have examples of wrecking cards with wrong timings?
Activity: 86
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Thanks

You asked for advice, I gave you advice. I see that you have little to no knowledge, and want to defend it instead of wanting to learn more. You are more than welcome to use any strap on any card, be happy wrecking your cards.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
@Claymore

I see the following error now and then, after a Share has been found and where you would normally see the "Share accepted (xx ms)!" message:

XMR: 10/02/17-17:33:04 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 2)
cannot find block data:
{"id":4,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Lowdifficultyshare"}}
cannot convert blob data

so what is happening here, is the share rejected from the pool or what?

Thanks!

+1

P.S

The same problem. I already wrote about this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.4680

+1. same problem. would randomly get thiserro message. and I think it is affecting the effective hashrate in received by the pool?
@Claymore

I see the following error now and then, after a Share has been found and where you would normally see the "Share accepted (xx ms)!" message:

cannot find block data:
{"id":4,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":null,"error":{"code":-1,"message":"Lowdifficultyshare"}}
cannot convert blob data

Thanks!

+1

P.S

The same problem. I already wrote about this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.4680
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
@Claymore

cannot find block data:
cannot convert blob data

Thanks!

Thanks

Pages:
Jump to: