Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1000. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I mining two days ago with stock 3x MSI RX 480 8G. With - dcri 40 I had 70mh ETC and 1400mh PASC. But yesterday when i try to mine my PC slowed down, browser freeze and wifi doesn't worked. What's wrong? PSU XFX 1000w Platinum, cards underclocked.

try to run system just with one card and make such check for every card.

I checked GPU#0 with GPU#2 = mining, but when I enable GPU#1 then internet connection slow down to ~0kbps and I can't mine.

https://zapodaj.net/8bfc993c24101.png.html <--- not enough power for GPU#1? This screen is why i mining ZEC without problems (PASCAL also without problems) but ETC+PASC don't work.

I put GPU#1 in another riser, another pci-e power, molex power = the same.

What are you think about that?

https://zapodaj.net/6a63220af2383.jpg.html
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hi guys,

Small question, i have 2 rigs one on Windows and the other one on Linux.

On my Windows rig i get 174Mh/s (6x RX480 cards)
On my Linux rig i get 165Mh/s (6x RX480 cards)

What i can do on my linux rig to get the same hashrate ?

Thx in advance
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
1200/2250 is excellent way to fry modded card. Even some unmodded are in danger at those clocks. Memory can die chip by chip. No help  after that go down or up...

True, im staying at 1100/[email protected] to be on the safe(r) side.
Activity: 23
On what -ethi do you mine? I tested -ethi 8, -ethi 16 only. -ethi 16 is good way to get some more Mh

But on my feelings dual mining on -ethi 16 works worse (cause eth getting more resources on him?)
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore

Can We get a speed increase for RX4xx?

Probably it is possible to get a few percents on some cards with assembler, I'm going to check it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 292
I have Gpu R9 285 and 280 ,when I mine ethereum get 0 hash
how fix it?

Activity: 76
Hello community, I am new to this of the miners, I have a miner who is failing with the following error and I do not know what can be
WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCl call, exit
Thx for all the help

Maybe put your log file up to see if folks on here can spot where its going wrong.

Also is it a modded card and what settings are you using?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Recently I came up with a strange thing when my rx480 8g cards were mining on different hashrates, I'm using 29Mhs rom since September and till this time everything was fine, but now couple 480s are mining at strange hasrates from 7-12 from 20-24. I tried almost every solution I could find on internet. The last thing was changing the bios back to original and 90% of cards are mining now at 24Mhs without any issues, but when I get back to 29Mhs bios they start jumping around again. I'm out of options what more to try, any suggestions ?

Check risers?
Try down clocking a little more. for example instead of using 1150/2150  try 1125/2115
I did this for a few of my cards and it did the trick infact some are @ 1100/2000 but still hashing at 29Mh/s all with the same bios

Hi guys, I think I have similar problem. I had one rx 480 8gb (Powercolor) running perfectly stable 30mh/s at 1150/2150 modded bios, I aded one more card rx 480 8gb (Asus) over riser, worked fine at 28-29mh/s without changing bios, after I modded bios everything messed up. I returned org bios, reinstalled drivers and MSI AB, sorted everything and it started working again at 28-29, and after a while it just droped to 24.5mh/s and it wont change no matter what I do (overclock to 1200/2250, 1175/2200, 1100/2100... and even down to  950/1900 it remains 24.5).
I have Chieftec 650w psu and only those 2 cards are running on it... I tried changing riser, pcie, molex and other cables...nothing. Its confusing to me because it ran perfectly for couple hours before i modded bios, and again for 3-4 hours after i reinstalled everything and drops to 24.5 and doesnt move no matter what... The first card is still perfectly stable at 30mh/s.
Please help.

Forgot to say that I ran all this in Claymore 7.4 mining eth. When I tried dual mining eth+pasc in claymore 8 (worked fine with one card) sometimes 2nd card doesnt work at all, sometimes at about 22mh/s eth no matter how i over or under clock it.

There are quite a few of us now with the same problem, i hope someone comes up with a solution  Cool
1200/2250 is excellent way to fry modded card. Even some unmodded are in danger at those clocks. Memory can die chip by chip. No help  after that go down or up...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Claymore

Can We get a speed increase for RX4xx?
Activity: 2
Hello community, I am new to this of the miners, I have a miner who is failing with the following error and I do not know what can be
WATCHDOG: GPU 2 hangs in OpenCl call, exit
Thx for all the help
Activity: 76
As I've mentioned before I'm having a few problems with 1 of my rigs.

I've already swapped the risers around and for a good 10 hours it ran stable now its acting up again and crashing my rig.

Heres what I have noticed

After reboot all is fine but after a few mins of mining the memory goes to 0 .....the card still continues to hash for a while?

I've had that infuriating bullshit a few times myself.  After hours of messing I think it's more likely to be a software glitch than a riser problem.

Thanks for the reply I do appreciate it.
Anyways this was doing my nut in as it was crashing my rig meaning no mining not even at a reduced speed.
So I quickly slapped together a unit (out of spare parts) to run the single card as a testing platform.
I have the card directly attached to the motherboard and its running fine on its own.
I think I may add another card to the "rig" to justify the power usage but I'm going to wait a few weeks/months till the new cards come out see what they are like before committing.
Activity: 327
Recently I came up with a strange thing when my rx480 8g cards were mining on different hashrates, I'm using 29Mhs rom since September and till this time everything was fine, but now couple 480s are mining at strange hasrates from 7-12 from 20-24. I tried almost every solution I could find on internet. The last thing was changing the bios back to original and 90% of cards are mining now at 24Mhs without any issues, but when I get back to 29Mhs bios they start jumping around again. I'm out of options what more to try, any suggestions ?

Check risers?
Try down clocking a little more. for example instead of using 1150/2150  try 1125/2115
I did this for a few of my cards and it did the trick infact some are @ 1100/2000 but still hashing at 29Mh/s all with the same bios

Hi guys, I think I have similar problem. I had one rx 480 8gb (Powercolor) running perfectly stable 30mh/s at 1150/2150 modded bios, I aded one more card rx 480 8gb (Asus) over riser, worked fine at 28-29mh/s without changing bios, after I modded bios everything messed up. I returned org bios, reinstalled drivers and MSI AB, sorted everything and it started working again at 28-29, and after a while it just droped to 24.5mh/s and it wont change no matter what I do (overclock to 1200/2250, 1175/2200, 1100/2100... and even down to  950/1900 it remains 24.5).
I have Chieftec 650w psu and only those 2 cards are running on it... I tried changing riser, pcie, molex and other cables...nothing. Its confusing to me because it ran perfectly for couple hours before i modded bios, and again for 3-4 hours after i reinstalled everything and drops to 24.5 and doesnt move no matter what... The first card is still perfectly stable at 30mh/s.
Please help.

Forgot to say that I ran all this in Claymore 7.4 mining eth. When I tried dual mining eth+pasc in claymore 8 (worked fine with one card) sometimes 2nd card doesnt work at all, sometimes at about 22mh/s eth no matter how i over or under clock it.

There are quite a few of us now with the same problem, i hope someone comes up with a solution  Cool
Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
For AMD cards, Catalyst (Crimson) 15.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. You can get very bad results for different drivers version, or miner can fail on startup.

Sir always u write this .. how it is posible instal that old drivers at windows 10 ? Or linux .. what linux u use ? 15.12 drivers for rx 480 ? please explain this

this a hundred times.  It is impossible to install 15.12 on a Windows 10 x64 machine.  I always end up with 16.7 instead.  I am currently running 16.12.2 and things have been running fine for nearly two weeks without a single reboot.  There is very stable performance on other driver versions apart from 15.12

indeed.

i'm running 2x MSI RX480 8 Gb on crimson-16.9.1 for one month without any troubles.
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
911 IT Admin. I keep 911 up so you get help ASAP!
I hope you all don't mine asking, but I am setting up this miner and i have a few questions. I am not seeing any activity on the PASCL side from the pool, but the miner looks like it is processing PASCL and ETH packets. How can I confirm it is working?

Also, I am running XFX RX 480 card, what is a good driver to use for the best speed? it doesn't look like the 15 series is current.

Is there anything I can add to my batch file to increase performance? i haven't messed with the BIOS yet as I have had a few issues getting more than 5 cards to work. I tried 7 then 6 then 5 and finally got the 5 stable, I hate to jinx me in trying again to add the other two cards. I X'd some stuff out I thought might not be best shared public but here is the batch file I am using.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -dbg 1 -epool eth-us.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal 0xdf7Ca009054f7446E73947f51b5189909d7fd72C/minerX/[email protected] -epsw -dcoin pasc -dpool stratum+tcp://pasc-us-west1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal 11111-11.11111111111111111.minerX -dpsw x
pause

Thanks
Activity: 458
As I've mentioned before I'm having a few problems with 1 of my rigs.

I've already swapped the risers around and for a good 10 hours it ran stable now its acting up again and crashing my rig.

Heres what I have noticed

After reboot all is fine but after a few mins of mining the memory goes to 0 .....the card still continues to hash for a while?

I've had that infuriating bullshit a few times myself.  After hours of messing I think it's more likely to be a software glitch than a riser problem.
Activity: 458
For AMD cards, Catalyst (Crimson) 15.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. You can get very bad results for different drivers version, or miner can fail on startup.

Sir always u write this .. how it is posible instal that old drivers at windows 10 ? Or linux .. what linux u use ? 15.12 drivers for rx 480 ? please explain this

this a hundred times.  It is impossible to install 15.12 on a Windows 10 x64 machine.  I always end up with 16.7 instead.  I am currently running 16.12.2 and things have been running fine for nearly two weeks without a single reboot.  There is very stable performance on other driver versions apart from 15.12
Activity: 34
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
OpenCL error -38 - cannot write buffer for DAG GPU0 WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner!!! R9 380 1 card . Please help

IF IT IS A 2GB CARD, IT WON'T WORK--

The Ethereum DAG file is now too large for 2GB cards.  You will have to switch to an Ethereum clone-coin that is at a lower epoch if you wish to mine Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm.       --scryptr

If you are in the know about the problem it is better to be silent. I have two of the same cards and they run on air without any problems. You didn't even read my question! But if you still believe in the great DAG file - then it's your problem! Back to the question!

YOU CAN GET THAT ERROR ON A CARD WITH MORE THAN 2GB--

I read your question, and it did not have much supporting information.  If your card has a portion of its memory allocated, there is not enough memory left to load the DAG file, and a reboot may be required to release the allocated memory.  This can happen on a 3 or 4 GB card when the miner had to restart without a reboot.  If the memory is not released in the restart, the DAG won't load.

If the DAG is not your problem, I don't know what is.  Perhaps you should not ask if you don't want people (I am a person, and not your personal, unpaid servant) to attempt to be helpful.  Good luck in your mining efforts.       --scryptr
Activity: 72
I have RX 480 8gb msi
GPU #0 got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!

I have tried to keep it at stock speed. Even then I get this message. How should I resolve this ?
Activity: 180

Check risers?

Please help.

Jump to: