Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 995. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
hello,
 I am new to Ethereum mining and could use some help setting up my batch file please. I am mining Ethereum only  on Windows 10 with Claymore on a AMD RX480 8gb with the latest driver and I had it tuned for efficiency+performance and was getting 27mh and the rig ran very quietly. My problem is that I have added another exact same card and no matter what I try I am still getting 27 mh on the original card and only stock 24mh on the new one. Also the fans are really loud and the tweaks I have in the code aren't applying to the second card. I am using a 1000 W power supply. I have looked all over for sample code for multiple cards and haven't had any luck. Also the miner is only showing the temperate reading of one card.

Here is my original code for my batch file with one card:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal ##########################################.Nodge1 -epsw x -cclock 1050 -cvddc 920 -mclock 2200 -mvddc 900

Here is what the miner is reporting:
ETH - Total Speed: 51.725 Mh/s, Total Shares: 279, Rejected: 0, Time: 06:17
ETH: GPU0 26.936 Mh/s, GPU1 24.789 Mh/s
GPU0 t=69C fan=90%
ETH: 03/12/17-08:22:28 - New job from us1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 51.519 Mh/s, Total Shares: 279, Rejected: 0, Time: 06:18
ETH: GPU0 26.739 Mh/s, GPU1 24.780 Mh/s

The tweaked setting are not applying on the second card it is showing this in MSI Afterburner:
GPU1 Core Clock: 1050
GPU2 Core Clock: 1291
GPU1 Memory Clock: 2200
GPU2 Memory Clock: 2000

I can imagine that the voltages I would like aren't being applied as well.

Do I need to set up the second card as another worker and/or create a separate batch file for the second card?
I spent just about all day trying different code with the same results so any help is much appreciated.

Thank You,
Nodgeman
Activity: 7
After restarting the error would loop. any suggestions?[/b]

You need videocard with 4 Gb RAM. 2 Gb not enough to create DAG file!!!

I am using QTminer successfully. That miner also creates dags

Claymore's miner create DAG in video memory. You have not enough to create. QTminer maby make DAG on HDD ?

to be honest I don't know....

the point im trying to make is... why is qtminer working and claymore isnt?
With the fact that qtminer has not been updated recently

i wanted to switch to claymore so bad but claymore is always giving me errors
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
By the way. 2GB GPUs still work when mining ETH.

Activity: 39
What is the hash rate for Sapphire R9 Fury?
Activity: 4

Claymore's miner create DAG in video memory. You have not enough to create. QTminer maby make DAG on HDD ?

EDIT: I am using QTminer successfully for the time being until i am able to resolve this

HELLO THERE! I am a noob to ethereum but claymore has easily caught my eye to being one of the best miners... however
it seems I am stuck up on being UNABLE TO USE IT

FIXES THAT I TRIED
I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA FILES
I have also downloaded CUDA 8.0
And at the settings bellow all the stability features of the software i have added.
change page file to 16GB and 20GB (by cryptomined on youtube but did not work for me)

However.... the mine will always restart itself.

Here is the rundown on how the software would stop (and restart) it would always be like this

GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_kd failed 8 (0), invalid device function (ERROR ISSUE)

==================================================

CXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXMINER - CLAYMORE\Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v8.0>EthDcrMiner64.exe -ethi 4 -eres 2 -gser 2 -e
pool pool.alpereum.ch:3001 -ewal XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.Rig1 -lidag 3 -allcoins exp

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v8.0      ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is pool.alpereum.ch:3001
DCR: 0 pool is specified
AMD OpenCL platform not found

Driver 368.81 is recommended for best performance and compatibility
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools
CUDA initializing...

NVIDIA Cards available: 1
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 8.0/8.0
GPU #0: GeForce GT 540M, 2048 MB available, 2 compute units, capability: 2.1

Total cards: 1
No pool specified for Decred! Ethereum-only mining mode is enabled
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
"-allcoins" option is set, default pools will be used for devfee, check "Readme" file for details.
Watchdog enabled
Remote management is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'pool.alpereum.ch' <91.134.0.6> port 3001
ETH: Stratum - Connected (pool.alpereum.ch:3001)
GPU0 t=65C fan=0%
Setting DAG epoch #111...
Setting DAG epoch #111 for GPU #0
Create GPU buffer for GPU #0
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_kd failed 8 (0), invalid device function
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
Setting DAG epoch #111 for GPU #0
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_kd failed 8 (0), invalid device function
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
ETH: 03/12/17-15:44:23 - New job from pool.alpereum.ch:3001
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s
ETH: Authorized
GPU0 t=62C fan=0%
WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner Sad
Restarting OK, exit...

==================================================

After restarting the error would loop. any suggestions?
Good morning. Is it really possible to decrease the incorrect share's on Etherium, not rejectet, but incorrect ones? According to WHinfo, there are no errors on memory, but still 1.5% incorrect share's on etherium, and 2% on Decred rejectet share's. The pools are coinotron and coinmine. Does it depend on the pool? What do I do to reduce losses? Removed overclocking, lowered the frequency of memory, but it still happens. 6x SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 480/8Gb. 177 Mh/s on Ether + 4400 Mh/s Decred, dcri 50.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
It appears that 8.0 has a severe memory leak.  The miner reached 13GB of memory usage. This is no small leak that is a major leak. When it got that heavy it stopped sending out hashing power even though it was mining the remote manager said it had no hash power.
Activity: 54
Trying to run this under linux.

Stock 16.04-server system

I installed CUDA drivers as described here:
http://ethereuminfo.blogspot.ca/2016/03/mining-ubuntu-server-1510-bare-metal.html?m=1

When launching the claymore miner (which I have working ok under windows so I believe my config flags are correct) I get the error:

./claymore/v8.0/ethdcrminer64: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Also:
$ sudo apt-get install libcurl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libcurl

$ sudo apt-get install curl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
curl is already the newest version (7.47.0-1ubuntu2.2).

What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 2
Hi! how to launch miner for AMD card only? my nvidia760 restarts miner all the time...
Use the -di option
Thank you!!!
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Hi! how to launch miner for AMD card only? my nvidia760 restarts miner all the time...
Use the -di option
Activity: 27
This is good miner.

RX 470 Nitro+ 8GB (samsung) bios mod strap 1625 timing, -96mv, core 1050, mem 2050 = 74w @ 28,4Mh/s ETH
Activity: 2
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
so if you did not change anything, why do you think the miner that was working so long is the guilty one here ?
what do you mean under guilty one? All I wanted to say that nothing was changed on most rigs which were working almost perfectly and now 30% are getting low hashrate and opencl errors
Have you considered ambient temp changes as well as epoch advances?
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Claymore it's possible to have a dual mining ETH+DMD (Diamond)? DMD lately became very profitable to mine... Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
so if you did not change anything, why do you think the miner that was working so long is the guilty one here ?
what do you mean under guilty one? All I wanted to say that nothing was changed on most rigs which were working almost perfectly and now 30% are getting low hashrate and opencl errors
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
I don't understand, it happens on regular bases, miner is working with 3xRX480 and suddenly one card drops to 7MH/s-4MH/s and then the OpenCL error appears, why it happens or what is the cure ?

Most probably you're over-clocking too much or under-volting too much. If that's the case, try mining with some less values.

Else see the temperature of the graphics cards, check if any of those is getting over-heated. If everything's alright here and there, you might have to change the driver and OS.
The thing is that they are working since the September without minor issues only, like hangs and stuff, but now most of the rigs hang with no reason, I mean the OpenCL errors are more constant, GPU hashrate drops as well. I haven't updated anything on some rigs, nor drivers, as I said they are working since September.
Jump to: