Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1019. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
is anyone dual mining eth/etc/exp + decred with rx 470? could you please tell me your power consumption per card? Thanks

I am mining ETH+DCR. The consumption is between 95W - 101W hashing 28MH/S. I have XFX RX470's.
setup your catalyst ? thank you!
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
is anyone dual mining eth/etc/exp + decred with rx 470? could you please tell me your power consumption per card? Thanks

I am mining ETH+DCR. The consumption is between 95W - 101W hashing 28MH/S. I have XFX RX470's.

What is your hash rate on decred while dual mining?
Around 430MH/s
Activity: 173
Hello people and good to be here.

I am new in mining but old in PC world.
Recently I bought my first rig to get hobby.

I’m currently running:

MB – AsRock H81 PRO BTC v2
CPU – Intel Celeron G1840
RAM – Patriot 4GB @ 1600
SSD – SiliconPower 120GB
PSU – 2 x ThermalTake 730W
GPU - 6 x Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 8GB – (11260-07-20G) - STOCK BIOS/ no OC
PCI – 6 x Resizers x16 to x1 (USB)

So I set it up and am running Windows 10 and Claymore Dual miner v7.4.

PROBLEM:

After 5-10 minutes of running in ether single or dual mode I would get: WATCHDOG: GPU (x) hangs in OpenCL call. Miner will “restart” and will not start again.

TRIED SO FAR:

-   Reinstalling Windows 10
-   Running both single or dual mining
-   Running on stock drivers then 16.9.1 all the way to latest
-   Removing one or more cards
-   Switching PSU to run one to four cards and back and forth
-   Switching resizers
-   Running cards in both “OC” and silent mode (bios switch)
-   Virtual Memory set to 16GB+

I think a listed all.
So is there any solution to this issue since I’m pretty out of them right now.

The only solution I found is, when I have this problem I reduce the OC of the GPU that is hanging or reduce the intensity of this GPU.  It's annoying but I haven't found better solution to this problem.

Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8GB - ~125W ETH/EXP mining, ~155W ETH+DCR mining. But dual mining DCR now is profitable and it's worth mining it.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Does this software really works on linux?

i installed it on Ubuntu 16.04 with 16.40 amdgpupro driver, run with -etha 2 or without with -mode 1.
card starts fine, then quits in two -three minutes.

Q:
1. Do i need ADL SDK or not? If yes, v. 8, 9 or 10?

2. Do I need AMD-APP-SDK as well? If yes, 2.9 or 3.0?

Thanks.
Activity: 72
I have some MSI R9 390s, they are running fine mining ETH but they use too much power, 300 W plus mining solo at 32.5 Mhs, 380 Watts mining dual ETH+DCR, is there any bios mod out there to kind of control the power usage? mind you my 7 card rig is using 20 amps solo 25 amps dual, will be working 220 volts next week but even then I would like to fond out of any mods for those cards.
Thanks
Activity: 11

What is your hash rate on decred while dual mining?
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Well I managed to keep the miner running for 49 hours straight (six radeon rx 470s with 16.11.5 driver version installed).  I noticed it had stopped mining and switched it on to see it had locked up.  Tried to turn it off and start again but am now getting the message "EthDCrminer.exe has stopped working,  windows will attempt to find a solution........".

Does anybody have any ideas why it would run for 49 hours then start having this problem?

Activity: 3
Already tried several.

Even tried running only 4 cards and then switching paces on motherboard and switching resizes.
In every situation always one card (usually GPU 2) will get hanged in OpenCL call and miner will get stuck.

So basically form hardware point of view checked every possible scenario to triple check every component.
I'm not sure if software troubleshoot will help...  Huh

Use DDU uninstaller and then install drivers again on clean system.

Done that also.

As stated in initial post, tried with windows reinstall few times (since it only takes 20 min or so) and played with different driver versions.

I always get consistent scenario.
Claymore works for few shears and then WATCHDOG: GPU (x) hangs in OpenCL call.

Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Already tried several.

Even tried running only 4 cards and then switching paces on motherboard and switching resizes.
In every situation always one card (usually GPU 2) will get hanged in OpenCL call and miner will get stuck.

So basically form hardware point of view checked every possible scenario to triple check every component.

Use DDU unistaller and then install drivers again on clean system.
Activity: 207
NoizChain
Already tried several.

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

I’m currently running:

RAM – Patriot 4GB @ 1600
SSD – SiliconPower 120GB

PROBLEM:

After 5-10 minutes of running in ether single or dual mode I would get: WATCHDOG: GPU (x) hangs in OpenCL call. Miner will “restart” and will not start again.

TRIED SO FAR:

-   Switching resizers

I think a listed all.

Check risers, these are most of the time the culprit.

I’m currently running:

RAM – Patriot 4GB @ 1600
SSD – SiliconPower 120GB

PROBLEM:

TRIED SO FAR:

-   Switching resizers

I think a listed all.
Any hint regarding the order of the GPU's? GPU0, GPU1 etc is not the same in claymore and afterburner...  Huh

The hint is it's a giant pain in the ass. I even tried manually specifying order and setting custom voltages/temps/clocks using the available flags, but it was never consistent. I don't know why this can't be done, especially since it's a piece of cake for GPUz, afternburner, and windows.
uff ok. annoying thing. any suggestion on driver version for my RX470's?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Any hint regarding the order of the GPU's? GPU0, GPU1 etc is not the same in claymore and afterburner...  Huh

The hint is it's a giant pain in the ass. I even tried manually specifying order and setting custom voltages/temps/clocks using the available flags, but it was never consistent. I don't know why this can't be done, especially since it's a piece of cake for GPUz, afternburner, and windows.
I have four XFX RX470 4gb with modified bios (1500 strap). Two of them are hashing great 28mh/s - 29mh/s. The other two are not going beyond 25mh/s.
I am running windows 10 and playing around with afterburner but I can't get the two at the same level. I have an older driver version. 16.6 I think.
Is it something I should change? Driver version you can suggest?
Cheers!
I just restarted claymore and I see now the expected hashrates... Smiley
I have four XFX RX470 4gb with modified bios (1500 strap). Two of them are hashing great 28mh/s - 29mh/s. The other two are not going beyond 25mh/s.
I am running windows 10 and playing around with afterburner but I can't get the two at the same level. I have an older driver version. 16.6 I think.
Is it something I should change? Driver version you can suggest?
Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I constantly get this messages (sorry for bad quality photo)
It's been a month that I switched from zec to eth now and some of my rigs are displaying this

They were mining eth since the September, then I switched to zec and now back to eth again. Nothing more is changed since September except of bios.

my guess will be too much OC

on mining ETH, you can control the intensity with "-ethi"

maximum intensity is I think "-ethi 16"

Try -ethi 8
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
I constantly get this messages (sorry for bad quality photo)
It's been a month that I switched from zec to eth now and some of my rigs are displaying this

They were mining eth since the September, then I switched to zec and now back to eth again. Nothing more is changed since September except of bios.
Jump to: