Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1020. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I am still Mining on with ETH.  Just wish that there would be an upgrade to the Software.
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
Reminder for little update in which we can specify hostname-workername in config file:)
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I mine Decred on coinmine, no rejected shares.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Question for the group that may be answered several times in past posts, but I can't find it and I am new at this dual miner set up.  I have set it up using the settings in the readme file, and the Eth part mines just fine, but the DCR portion has every share rejected.  I am mining the ETH to Dwarfpool and the DCR to Supernova.  I am wondering if it is a driver issue.  I am running 16.11.3 drivers and I see it recommends the 15.x vintage drivers, but I am curious if this group has seen a significant issue with drivers and this mining software.  

Never mind, I see others have this issue and there seems to be no good answer, I will just keep playing with the program settings until I get it right or give up
Activity: 100
Question for the group that may be answered several times in past posts, but I can't find it and I am new at this dual miner set up.  I have set it up using the settings in the readme file, and the Eth part mines just fine, but the DCR portion has every share rejected.  I am mining the ETH to Dwarfpool and the DCR to Supernova.  I am wondering if it is a driver issue.  I am running 16.11.3 drivers and I see it recommends the 15.x vintage drivers, but I am curious if this group has seen a significant issue with drivers and this mining software.  
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
i've had this problem on this rig before, but it disappeared on its own lol.

In a way those are the worst problems to have.  It's the not knowing that eats away at you.  By the way, does anybody else have an issue with certain Crimson driver installer getting stuck at 2% even after DDU

yup I guess I will never know...btw I had that problem before, driver install seemed stuck at 2%.  I did DDU again, then let it install, it was stuck at 2%.  So I left it there, without touching anything, did other stuff, came about about 1 hour later and the install was finished.  Also try not installing hd audio.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

In a way those are the worst problems to have.  It's the not knowing that eats away at you.

Its looks like the droping GPU is random. It dosnt metter how many GPUs are connected and where I connect monitor Sad
any advice guys?

Activity: 458

In a way those are the worst problems to have.  It's the not knowing that eats away at you.  By the way, does anybody else have an issue with certain Crimson driver installer getting stuck at 2% even after DDU
Activity: 77
Helo Guys
I started to build new RIG, not my first one. As always I decided to choise 6 x rx 480 nitro+ OC 8GB GPU and Astrock BTC MB.
And I have a big problem with stability of speed in Claymore ETH mining. Always one of GPU hash rate drops. Its not a problem with riser or GPU. It dosent metter how many GPUs I put in my RIG. Always one in Claymore is very slow. The rom i used to speed up GPUs is the same as in my previews RIGs.

Please help
I did everything like always. Nothing new Sad

If it is the card that is plugged into the main pci 16x port, try connecting a display on this card
Activity: 10
Helo Guys
I started to build new RIG, not my first one. As always I decided to choise 6 x rx 480 nitro+ OC 8GB GPU and Astrock BTC MB.
And I have a big problem with stability of speed in Claymore ETH mining. Always one of GPU hash rate drops. Its not a problem with riser or GPU. It dosent metter how many GPUs I put in my RIG. Always one in Claymore is very slow. The rom i used to speed up GPUs is the same as in my previews RIGs.

Please help
I did everything like always. Nothing new Sad
https://dekornik.pl/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Untitled-1.jpg

legendary
Yeah GPU-Z isnt really good for saving bios...Anyways yeah DDU that rig and install 16.11.x drivers and see if it helps.  Check that your virtual memory settings are high enough, ie +16gb.  If you think its hardware related, then run claymore with 1 gpu, then 2, then 3, etc.  Good luck !  Ah the joys of troubleshooting.  Speaking of problems...I have this weird thing going on.  One GPU, nitro 480 4g, has only one fan running....the fans are new - and they both work perfect - but only one runs.  i've had this problem on this rig before, but it disappeared on its own lol.  now its come back.  running 16.11.x drivers and everything else is fine...I'm scratching my head on this one.  If anybody has any ideas....i'd love to hear them.  Its not a big deal because the nitro+ has great cooling, and the vrm temps and core are really low (below 50).
Activity: 16
Is it OK to flash a 256k original factory bios with a 512k modded bios on a Sapphire RX 470 8gb?  I have checked them both in polaris bios editor and the data checks out OK on both.  Only the filesize is different.

doktor83 was kind enough to send me this modded bios but I can't get confirmation from him via PM if it is OK to replace a 256kb factory bios file with a 512kb bios file.

ehhhhhhh It depends but should be okay.  You have a nitro right ?  So you have a dual bios switch ?  if it messes up, switch it to the other bios and you'll be fine.  edit:  if it explodes and leaves a crater where your house was...i'm not responsible Smiley

Well it turns out the different bios size was due to the fact that I was backing up with GPUZ rather than ATIWINFLASH.  I have flashed all my bioses successfully today but I am still getting a niggling problem with the claymore miner crashing on startup. I get the generic windows error " EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working, windows will attempt to find a solution online etc...."  i had this problem three days ago before flashing the bioses so I know it can't be that. I managed to get rid of the problem but I can't exactly figure out what I did.

Is it possible to have a problem with a PCIE riser when both Windows Device manager and GPUZ are both reporting that all six cards are working perfectly?    I also tried to add the command -GSER 2 to the startup batch file but it hasn't worked.  The current crimson driver version is 16.7 or 16.8 I think.

I also read this article about bios signature check being re-enabled on crimson 16.12 drivers which means that any polaris edited bioses won't work.  Is this true? https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-bios-signature-check-re-enabled-with-relive-locks-out-polaris-bios-modders

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can get rid of this crashing issue?  I had the miner running for 42 hours straight before today and I want to get this sorted.

Well, only 16.9-16.11 doesn't have bios signing
Is it OK to flash a 256k original factory bios with a 512k modded bios on a Sapphire RX 470 8gb?  I have checked them both in polaris bios editor and the data checks out OK on both.  Only the filesize is different.

doktor83 was kind enough to send me this modded bios but I can't get confirmation from him via PM if it is OK to replace a 256kb factory bios file with a 512kb bios file.

ehhhhhhh It depends but should be okay.  You have a nitro right ?  So you have a dual bios switch ?  if it messes up, switch it to the other bios and you'll be fine.  edit:  if it explodes and leaves a crater where your house was...i'm not responsible Smiley

Well it turns out the different bios size was due to the fact that I was backing up with GPUZ rather than ATIWINFLASH.  I have flashed all my bioses successfully today but I am still getting a niggling problem with the claymore miner crashing on startup. I get the generic windows error " EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working, windows will attempt to find a solution online etc...."  i had this problem three days ago before flashing the bioses so I know it can't be that. I managed to get rid of the problem but I can't exactly figure out what I did.

Is it possible to have a problem with a PCIE riser when both Windows Device manager and GPUZ are both reporting that all six cards are working perfectly?    I also tried to add the command -GSER 2 to the startup batch file but it hasn't worked.  The current crimson driver version is 16.7 or 16.8 I think.

I also read this article about bios signature check being re-enabled on crimson 16.12 drivers which means that any polaris edited bioses won't work.  Is this true? https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-bios-signature-check-re-enabled-with-relive-locks-out-polaris-bios-modders

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can get rid of this crashing issue?  I had the miner running for 42 hours straight before today and I want to get this sorted.
Activity: 112
Wow, it has been a long time since and update has seen this coin software.  

Is there an update anytime soon?

Funny you should say that!   I was arguing with my Dad today about the 2% fee (dual mining) and my Dad defended it by saying that this fee will ensure that the developer keeps the software up to date and bug free.  LMAO!

He has a lot of users .. And so a lot of profit, why itch))
legendary

ehhhhhhh It depends but should be okay.  You have a nitro right ?  So you have a dual bios switch ?  if it messes up, switch it to the other bios and you'll be fine.  edit:  if it explodes and leaves a crater where your house was...i'm not responsible Smiley
Activity: 60
With the reduced reward soon do you guys think the price is going to go up? What's your opinions

Funny you should say that!   I was arguing with my Dad today about the 2% fee (dual mining) and my Dad defended it by saying that this fee will ensure that the developer keeps the software up to date and bug free.  LMAO!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Jump to: