Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1343. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Dash or Decred !?

PS: This was for a post discussing Dash, which dissapeared :S
Activity: 87
Merit: 11
anyone with a 390x and useing 15.12 driver?
useing 16.2 driver and i get about 30MHs

Yep using 390x with 15.12 drivers and clocked to  1230 /1575 I get about 35MHs . So no big difference.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
anyone with a 390x and useing 15.12 driver?
useing 16.2 driver and i get about 30MHs
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
its normal (( stock clocks ))
ihave 280x+ 7950 (( stock )) :eth 39mh   dcr 980 mh
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Hi  guys;

I have amd r9 280x .
I used dual miner when it looks 21Mh eth, 318mh DCR.
is it normal this value?
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
anyone tried Catalyst 16.xx yet?
I am on 15.12 always and have not changed it.
People that have used early v16 have reported up to 30% reduction in hash.
any feedback or who have dared to try it - pls feedback

One PC has 2 x 290x, they each get 31 Mh/s and 1100 Mh/s in Eth and DCR respectively, dual mining with 16.3.1.

My other PC has 1 x 7970 and 2 x 7950. They all give me 20~21.5 Mh/s in Eth, 550 Mh/s in DCR for the 7950s and 650 Mh/s on the 7970. This is dual mining with 16.3.2.

So for the most part these 16.x drivers work great for me.

However, I can't use 16.3.2 with my 290x as the XFX hash rate is cripped with this driver.

Never ever tried 15.x
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

I'm using 16.150.2211.0 on my 290x, same speed as 15.12.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi Claymore,

Setting core or mem clock doesn't work for my Asus 7990. 380+390 both work though. The miner crashes in case i try to set the clocks....

Also can you please add setting the voltage? I want to move completely away from msi afterburner and i had some cases where after i rebooted the voltage was back to standard and the card overheated to 100 degree.

Which leads to another idea for your consideration: reduce intensity or stop mining on gpu when it exceeds a heat threshold. Recently one of my fans broke i only noticed after the whole rig had crashed....

Anyways, keep up the good work!
Activity: 196
done some searching on the forum but cant find a right awnser

why do i get
This pool (eth-eu.dwarfpool.com) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (o
r requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee m
ining, therefore it is not supported.
However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default
pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
Please read "Readme" file for details.This pool (eth-eu.dwarfpool.com) does not
support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" f
ormat) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default
pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
Please read "Readme" file for details.Pool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com removed from the
 list
ETH: No pools specified! Specify at least one valid pool in "-epool" parameter.

i've used the cl from the readme i've tried what others have on the cl.
with -allpools 1 it works. but why do i need it and why isnt it in the options list
Activity: 234
I can report after 24h on v4.1 that I get 2 times more shares with v4.0, at least what miner is reporting.
Didn't notice significant difference on pool side (dwarf) but that is hard to tell considering diff fluctuation.  

Do you get higher earning? My reported hash rate is the same as before. So there is no improvement.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
What about new drivers?

Nano on qubit:

catalist 16.2 - 16M
catalist 16.3 - 21.6M

What I do now. I just let Windows 10 to find the latest driver for AMD Radeon R9 390 wherever it wants during the install process. I really don't know the version of the driver installed. MSI Afterburner usually shows it on the top of the window. But in this case there is nothing Smiley

But the Claymore's miner works just fine anyway, regardless the driver version and the virtual memory size (it is set as by Windows default).
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
2 x 270 MSi are doing ok, both hash and temps Smiley

but on another rig, 2 x 280x, one 7970 and one 270 ... they didnt had problems mining 21, 21, 17, 13 mhs

but now (i tried all, remove drivers, add another one, change miner...tried only ETH mode...) no luck, its going 11, 11, 10, 8 mhs  Sad

what to do :O

Almost same with me. One rig with only 270 is working fine, but on the other I have 4x270 + 7870 and the 270s have slower hashes than the first rig.
I guess this mixing has something to do?

When some card crashes on driver and recovers, u left with half a hashrate on that card. If it crashes before mining, u never see the right numbers. Overclock, temps, psu. Not necessarily this case but numbers look same.

Another thing i noticed, connected monitror may reduce hash on random card 10fold. If disconnected for 10sec or so, it goes full power.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
I can report after 24h on v4.1 that I get 2 times more shares with v4.0, at least what miner is reporting.
Didn't notice significant difference on pool side (dwarf) but that is hard to tell considering diff fluctuation.  
Activity: 213

but on another rig, 2 x 280x, one 7970 and one 270 ... they didnt had problems mining 21, 21, 17, 13 mhs

but now (i tried all, remove drivers, add another one, change miner...tried only ETH mode...) no luck, its going 11, 11, 10, 8 mhs  Sad

Almost same with me. One rig with only 270 is working fine, but on the other I have 4x270 + 7870 and the 270s have slower hashes than the first rig.
I guess this mixing has something to do?
Rux
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024
https://crypto.ba

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
What about new drivers?

Nano on qubit:

catalist 16.2 - 16M
catalist 16.3 - 21.6M
Activity: 6
This may be a little sophmoric for this discussion about the attributes of Claymore's Dual Purpose Miner, but here goes: Currently using linux for ETH mining. Should I load Windows to an 16gb SSD and boot off, then download the DP miner? Or maybe can I just boot Windows off of an 1TB HDD that I own already, add DP miner then proceed? Don't know if using the HDD to would affect performance making it not worth?

Since v4, hard-drive isn't even used to store the DAG, and even when it was, disk speed didn't really matter.

I would guess that 16GB would probably be too small for Windows.

lol configurations are exactly the same. And the fee you refer to is 1% on both.

This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1% for Ethereum-only mining mode (-mode 1) and 2% for Ethereum+Decred mining mode (-mode 0), every hour the miner mines for 36 or 72 seconds for developer.
Decred is mined without developer fee.
You realize that says 2% fee only applies to Ethereum, right?  There is no devfee for decred mining.

phzl, thanks for the reply. I've got a 10 year that has an interest in mining, we're taking a step up to get more speed!
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
So no one here can help me?
Claymore miner supports only stratum
So you need to point to stratum ports
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethpool.org:9999

Maybe you wrote
-epool http://eu1.nanopool.org:9999 which is wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello!
I need some help, I am mining eth for a month now but not on stratum can someone share some links on what i need and how to use stratum because I see that i can get a better hashrate this way.. and then if I can make it work I can try the Eth+Dcr.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate IT!

I've been mining Ethereum over @ Ethpool and DCR via Coinmine/Suprnova which both support stratum.  Simply replace your current pools in your .bat file unless you can confirm they already do support the stratum protocol and you're good to go buddy!

ETH=  us1.ethpool.org:3333

DCR=  stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252
I am mining with getwork not stratum. I don't need to install anything else for switching to stratum mode?

That is correct
Found suitable OpenCL device [Tahiti] with 3221225472 bytes of GPU memory
miner  02:42:49|main  Getting work package...
  X  02:42:50|main  Failed to submit hashrate.
  X  02:42:50|main  Dynamic exception type: class jsonrpc::JsonRpcException
std::exception::what: Exception -32003 : Client connector error: libcurl error:
7 -> Could not connect to http://eu1.nanopool.org:9999/0x...
JSON-RPC problem. Probably couldn't connect. Retrying in 1...

Don't i need to install eth-proxy or need it don't really know that's why i asked for help

So no one here can help me?

I am mining at ethpool (ETH) and zpool (DCR) and my batch file is as follows:

---

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool asia1.ethpool.org:3333 -ewal <> -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://mine.zpool.ca:5744 -dwal <> -dpsw c=BTC,decred

----

Edit: No proxy needed.
Jump to: