Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1346. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
@claymore : Is it possible to use your miner on miningrigrentals?  if so could you help with the options.  I've tried multiple qtminer combinations, but so far nothing works.  according to miningrigrentals, they have a qtminer example that shows :  qtminer -s us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u username.rignumber -G

Love all the work you've done on this miner.  Thanks!!!
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
Hello!
I need some help, I am mining eth for a month now but not on stratum can someone share some links on what i need and how to use stratum because I see that i can get a better hashrate this way.. and then if I can make it work I can try the Eth+Dcr.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate IT!

I've been mining Ethereum over @ Ethpool and DCR via Coinmine/Suprnova which both support stratum.  Simply replace your current pools in your .bat file unless you can confirm they already do support the stratum protocol and you're good to go buddy!

ETH=  us1.ethpool.org:3333

DCR=  stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252
try to locate an option called

render standby
deep render standby

in the bios and disable them both. Also disable the internal graphics.

No such options were found in the bios, thanks for your help anyway!
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Hello!
I need some help, I am mining eth for a month now but not on stratum can someone share some links on what i need and how to use stratum because I see that i can get a better hashrate this way.. and then if I can make it work I can try the Eth+Dcr.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate IT!

Could you have by accident installed 32bit windows?  I know you said it's x64 but it sounds like you're pressing that 4gb limit (~3.25gb addressable)

I can confirm it is indeed x64 via the Control Panel's basic system information.  I have the same distro installed on two other rigs, one of which is an Intel Bad Axe 2 seating 1 390x, 1 290x & 1 290 w/ 2 x 1 GB + 2 x 2GB where all 6GB are properly allocated and the other from vague recollection is an Asus P5b also on socket 775 with 2 x 2GB where only 3.25GB is usable as indicated in the motherboard's manual.  

fo00ok
I have a very similar PC - s.775, 4GB RAm, Win7, 3.25GB recognized with latest bios and 290 inside.
It works flawlessly with Virtual memory set to static 16GB size and all Genoil/Claymore versions

Ethminer works just fine as well as Claymore's v1.2.  I just set a single 16GB pagefile and tried launching v4.1 and it returned the following error: GPU 0, OpenCL error -4 - cannot create DAG.

@Claymore

I uploaded my log and would be very grateful if you can take a quick glance at it.

https://dropfile.to/aCSRy1d
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Seems like a pool bug ... but dwarf is known to be a very accurate and stable pool in accounting.
Maybe some sort of incompatibility between Dualminer and Dwarf on failover switching?
Maybe this is already corrected in stable v4.1?

I don't know if it is enough 2 hours to get correct statistics on dwarfpool and if it worked correctly if some of its servers were unavailable, but miner just changes pool and mines as usual, such switching cannot cause less shares or less mining speed.
If you have enough hashrate to find shares reqularly, you can calculate number of shares for these two hours in log file and compare to the number of shares for any other 2-hours period.

Thank you for quick response.
Usually I have 200 shares an hour, this is rather stable, +- 20.
But on 2:00 I received only 98 shares and on 17:00 only 102 shares - it is exacly the half of my usual rate. And the ru-server was down exactly during 30 minutes both times.
I already write to dwarfpool admin with my problem. Will hope he will find time to answer.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Seems like a pool bug ... but dwarf is known to be a very accurate and stable pool in accounting.
Maybe some sort of incompatibility between Dualminer and Dwarf on failover switching?

I don't know if it is enough 2 hours to get correct statistics on dwarfpool and if it worked correctly if some of its servers were unavailable, but miner just changes pool and mines as usual, such switching cannot cause less shares or less mining speed.
If you have enough hashrate to find shares reqularly, you can calculate number of shares for these two hours in log file and compare to the number of shares for any other 2-hours period.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
Some problems with 4.0 beta or maybe the dwarfpool problem.

I was mining on eth-ru.dwarfpool.com with eth-eu.dwarfpool.com set as failover pool.

We had problems on ru-server 2 times
Code:
01:59:42:236 cb0 ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to eth-ru.dwarfpool.com:8008
01:59:42:236 cb0 ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
02:00:02:251 cb0 ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-ru.dwarfpool.com' <212.24.48.118> port 8008

Code:
02:00:43:373 cb0 ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <188.165.233.56> port 8008
02:00:43:466 cb0 send: {"worker": "eth1.0", "jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": ["0x92b47a8f6fa83af56ebeb38429bc2382f339f7b3", "hd7990"], "id": 2, "method": "eth_submitLogin"}
02:00:43:466 cb0 ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008)
02:00:43:560 cb0 got 39 bytes
02:00:43:560 cb0 buf: {"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":true}
02:00:43:560 cb0 parse packet: 39
02:00:43:560 cb0 ETH: Authorized

We see correct switch to failover eu-server
Then successfull mining till
02:28:53:074   cb0   ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-ru.dwarfpool.com:8008)

The situation repeated at 17:00
Again correct switch to eu-server and after half of an hour back to ru-server.

The problem is I saw only half of my usual shares on pool statistics at this 2 unlucky hours.

donator
Miners developer

v4.1: This version is assumed to be stable, so it is not marked as "beta".

- improved working with DAG on GPUs during epoch changing, it must work fine now.
- added watchdog for threads that communicate with pools.
- minor bug fixes.
donator
Miners developer
Guys, it's a good idea to read OP or readme.
froilan_rivero - Expanse is supported, search "Ethereum forks mining" string in readme or OP.
Doramha - Read "FAILOVER" section: "Every pool has 3 connection attempts."
Activity: 4
Claymor! As will soon be switching to the backup server? How can you? To fix the Commission at a beta version which is unstable? Watafak? https://i.gyazo.com/825b89cfe55b729f6815eb84ee0fb9db.png
Activity: 25
Claymore I have a sugestion!

Could you please add another ethereum based coin : Expanse (EXP) when we finally reach the 2GB limit for any videocard as the DAG increases , we could probably try EXP while we update our cards!

Modes:
ETH Only
DCR Only
EXP Only
ETH+DCR
EXP+DCR

Is it possible? I'm not a programmer just a suggestion for a great miner
Activity: 25
What's the point of the NO DAG FILES ANYMORE?

I mean will it work for 1GB-2GB VRAM cards? will it be stored on normal RAM or Hard drive?

Pleae excuse the ignorance
it will work on cards which can hold the dag in theor memory, ie more than 2GB

But no more need for HDD and problems with new-Dag generation

Thanks buddy
donator
Miners developer
Hi!
Please fix error with connect DevFee to eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:

DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <188.165.233.56> port 8008
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Connected (eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008)
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":false}
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I changed the hosts file to the server -eu pointed to -ru, Error remained:

DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <212.24.48.118> port 8008

Use v4.0Beta2, see OP:

v4.0 Beta2 - bug fix related to "-allpools 1" and "-allcoins 1" options, download this update if you use these options.
Activity: 124
Merit: 95
Hi!
Please fix error with connect DevFee to eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:

DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <188.165.233.56> port 8008

I changed the hosts file to the server -eu pointed to -ru, Error remained:

DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eth-eu.dwarfpool.com' <212.24.48.118> port 8008

Activity: 190
Merit: 101
Why do people want to OC with a mining tool? Use MSI afterburner or sapphire trixx, you can also undervolt then.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
www.cryptocompare.com
I've been getting around 2000mh. which according to this calculator: http://decred-calc.cryptohub.info/ should give me about 1.40 dcr. i'm getting around 1.10. is this normal? is it something to do with dual mining? i've changed to supernova, and same thing... is it the calculator? thx

is no one else having this problem? sorry to be pushy, but it rly sucks :\. ethereum payout seems to be correct. i've tried 2 pools supernova and coinmine. same results with both. less than it should be

Mining calculators are only a rough guide .3 dcr is nothing to lose sleep over.

yeah, its not serious but you know, just wanna make sure it's not something i could fix. kk thx guys. bitcointalk is always helpful ^^ should've joined a looooong time ago!
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Have tried v4.0 - very good! Hashrate is the same v3.2 or v3.3, maybe even more.
R9 270 ~ 14Mh/s
7950 ~ 18,5 - 19,5Mh/s depends on model
R9 280x ~ 21Mh/s

But have experience with one issue - can't set -cclock or -mclock values - the miner crashes. AMD Driver 15.12, 4 Gb RAM, 16GB swapfile, 5x R9 270 2 Gb. I would attach screenshots but I have localized version of Windows 7 x64. In logfile is no usefull info.

get msi afterburner for example and set your clocks in there, much simpler.
donator
Miners developer
Well done, Claymore. The only thing missing so far is e-mail notification.
Or may be, I am wrong, and you have this option too? Couldn't find it anyway.

I'll try to add it in next update.

Thanks, mate.

Just checked it:  http://dwarfpool.com/faq/
Monitoring
To enable monitoring of your worker, use email as password. To disable monitoring, restart your miner without email as password.
Email will be send if no shares last 15 minutes.

So set "-epsw [email protected]" and that is all. Have you checked it?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
What's the point of the NO DAG FILES ANYMORE?

I mean will it work for 1GB-2GB VRAM cards? will it be stored on normal RAM or Hard drive?

Pleae excuse the ignorance
it will work on cards which can hold the dag in theor memory, ie more than 2GB

But no more need for HDD and problems with new-Dag generation
Jump to: