Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 225. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Hello,

I have issue with my rx480 mining rig, it runs before perfect, but i ahve to change ssd, and after the new win10 installation, the miner stuck after detecting pools.

I use latest win10 ltsb, asrock h81 btco pro r2.0 mobo. Onboard display is selected, and gen1 also.
I see my cards at the device manager, also installed the chipset driver, but the miner cannot start.

OverdriveNtool also detect my gpus. Change the mobo and the cpu as well, it isnt solve the issue, any idea?
I think something missing, but i dont have a clue, out of ideas Sad

Disable ULPS from regedit... also, just a little patience, it's not stuck, it just takes a little more time than usual but if you disable the ULPS then it should start faster Smiley

Just put 0 instead of 1 and do a restart.

I forget it to write, vut i also disable ULPS, i leave the miner running for 2-4 hours, and it gives, the claymore sign and pools again and again

Then maybe use DDU in Safe mode, disable ULPS again and see if it's working... if not, then is something else wrong there.

I have two rigs that have me baffled. Both are exact copies of each other, other than cards, but anyway all they do is https://ibb.co/cnLC8T which finally goes to https://ibb.co/gvf12o  The 5 minute timer just goes on and on. I have set the EnableULPS to 0 but this prob persists. Any ideas? Sorry but the forum didn't like the image host. Dunno why, but you can copy the links to see the pics.

I have no ideea other than do a DDU in safe mode, install latest drivers and set ULPS to 0 for each card. Are AMD or Nvidia? You have this issue after latest Win10 update to v1803?
Neither rig has taken the v1803 update. At this point I have tried 9 different drivers from the blockchain driver forward. I've used regedit to search "EnableULPS" and set it to zero.(This location can be in different places with different drivers, so use the regedit search feature). Rebooted and CLaymore does the same thing. Nicehash 1.9.0.3 doesn't detect any AMD cards. Right now both rigs are running the flakeyass SMOS, 6 of 8 cards on each rig. SMOS drops caards and spits out too many errors to risk running all 8.

I'm recovering from colon cancer surgery, so it is quite difficult for me to run back and forth testing rigs. I hope someone finds the solution. I did a fresh install of win10 pro disconnected from the net, stopped updates and a host of spying shit, installed drivers and all 8 are detected. Disabled ULPS, ran the ati patcher, set all the cards to compute, set virtual memory to 16k-32k. Connected the net and fired up Claymore only to see the same shit I have been seeing........it won't initialize. Tried nicehash 1.9.0.3 and it still doesn't detect the AMD cards. Back to SMOS and 6 cards until someone finds a solution.
No, it is not always in the same location. Using the newest drivers from AMD it moved from \0000 to \0001. It doesn't exist at \0000 in the latest driver. I know because I added a DWORD value for it set to 0 and that did nothing. So I used the regedit search and found it at \0001.

\0000
\0001
\0002
etc

are the card's number installed into your rig.... You have to turn ULPS to 0 for every card.
So if you have 8 cards then go to {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} and inside every folder /0000.... /0007 you must switch the ULPS to 0;
Yes, if you installed one card and then remove it and now install another one, then you can see /0000 and /0001... buy always use DDU in safe mode and then install drivers for the new card.
Ok, I have narrowed the problem down and am looking for a solution to fix it. Using gpu-z openCL is unchecked. Something is disabling openCL detection. On a fresh install of windows 10 enterprise and the latest drivers, Claymore worked for a few seconds, but I got a BSOD three times. I DDU and tried to install aug23 blockchain drivers and Claymore wouldn't initialize again. DDU and tried 17.2.1 with the same results before thinking about checking stuff with GPU-Z. GPU-Z only has the direct compute checked, the rest are unchecked. After some reading a few years back they said the intel igpu driver was bad and causing havoc with opencl. As yet I haven't solved this since it is bedtime. I have to figure out what is causing openCL detection to not work. If you have any ideas, please throw'em at me.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Hello,

I have issue with my rx480 mining rig, it runs before perfect, but i ahve to change ssd, and after the new win10 installation, the miner stuck after detecting pools.

I use latest win10 ltsb, asrock h81 btco pro r2.0 mobo. Onboard display is selected, and gen1 also.
I see my cards at the device manager, also installed the chipset driver, but the miner cannot start.

OverdriveNtool also detect my gpus. Change the mobo and the cpu as well, it isnt solve the issue, any idea?

Disable ULPS from regedit... also, just a little patience, it's not stuck, it just takes a little more time than usual but if you disable the ULPS then it should start faster Smiley

I forget it to write, vut i also disable ULPS, i leave the miner running for 2-4 hours, and it gives, the claymore sign and pools again and again

Then maybe use DDU in Safe mode, disable ULPS again and see if it's working... if not, then is something else wrong there.

I have two rigs that have me baffled. Both are exact copies of each other, other than cards, but anyway all they do is https://ibb.co/cnLC8T which finally goes to https://ibb.co/gvf12o  The 5 minute timer just goes on and on. I have set the EnableULPS to 0 but this prob persists. Any ideas? Sorry but the forum didn't like the image host. Dunno why, but you can copy the links to see the pics.

I have no ideea other than do a DDU in safe mode, install latest drivers and set ULPS to 0 for each card. Are AMD or Nvidia? You have this issue after latest Win10 update to v1803?
Neither rig has taken the v1803 update. At this point I have tried 9 different drivers from the blockchain driver forward. I've used regedit to search "EnableULPS" and set it to zero.(This location can be in different places with different drivers, so use the regedit search feature). Rebooted and CLaymore does the same thing. Nicehash 1.9.0.3 doesn't detect any AMD cards. Right now both rigs are running the flakeyass SMOS, 6 of 8 cards on each rig. SMOS drops caards and spits out too many errors to risk running all 8.

I'm recovering from colon cancer surgery, so it is quite difficult for me to run back and forth testing rigs. I hope someone finds the solution. I did a fresh install of win10 pro disconnected from the net, stopped updates and a host of spying shit, installed drivers and all 8 are detected. Disabled ULPS, ran the ati patcher, set all the cards to compute, set virtual memory to 16k-32k. Connected the net and fired up Claymore only to see the same shit I have been seeing........it won't initialize. Tried nicehash 1.9.0.3 and it still doesn't detect the AMD cards. Back to SMOS and 6 cards until someone finds a solution.
No, it is not always in the same location. Using the newest drivers from AMD it moved from \0000 to \0001. It doesn't exist at \0000 in the latest driver. I know because I added a DWORD value for it set to 0 and that did nothing. So I used the regedit search and found it at \0001.

\0000
\0001
\0002
etc

are the card's number installed into your rig.... You have to turn ULPS to 0 for every card.
So if you have 8 cards then go to {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} and inside every folder /0000.... /0007 you must switch the ULPS to 0;
Yes, if you installed one card and then remove it and now install another one, then you can see /0000 and /0001... buy always use DDU in safe mode and then install drivers for the new card.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I'm using 11.8 on a 13 AMD RX580 card rig, I have tried mining ETH on Suprnova, Ubiq on Suprnova and ubiwpool...and I cannot get the proper payout.
According to Whattomine I should be getting .03 ETH every 24 hours, I mined it for 3 days and got .03.  And on Ubiq I should be getting 10-12 every 24 hours but I've mined that for 3 days now as well and haven't even gotten 10...
Mh/s is good at 393, anyone else experiencing this?

It depends on the difficulty. Right now you can get only 0.2 eth/ day.
Activity: 21
I'm using 11.8 on a 13 AMD RX580 card rig, I have tried mining ETH on Suprnova, Ubiq on Suprnova and ubiwpool...and I cannot get the proper payout.
According to Whattomine I should be getting .03 ETH every 24 hours, I mined it for 3 days and got .03.  And on Ubiq I should be getting 10-12 every 24 hours but I've mined that for 3 days now as well and haven't even gotten 10...
Mh/s is good at 393, anyone else experiencing this?
Activity: 75
Hello guys!.

I need help to learn how to set up the miner

The simple mining configuration for ethereum is -wd 1 -r 1 -epool pool: port -ewal user -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -asm 1 -mport 127.0.0.1:3333

What values ​​should I configure if I only want to use ethermine?
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hello,

I have two rigs that have me baffled. Both are exact copies of each other, other than cards, but anyway all they do is https://ibb.co/cnLC8T which finally goes to https://ibb.co/gvf12o  The 5 minute timer just goes on and on. I have set the EnableULPS to 0 but this prob persists. Any ideas? Sorry but the forum didn't like the image host. Dunno why, but you can copy the links to see the pics.

if miner do not see any cards- it is driver. DDU in safe mode and try again. If you use 18.x.x drivers, let windows updates finish (with 365days delay for feature updates). It needs all updates (except 1803) to work properly with new drivers. Yes, patch, restart, switch to compute...

i have 18.5.1, 18.3.4, 18.3.1 tested this way, working perfectly. Some others too ( 18.1 and 18.2 and 18.3 )

And when fresh install, after you install driver - you can connect net to speed up updating
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
If you are having problems with AMD and ULPS, install windows 10 LTSB 2016. It has a 10 year support without installing a new build every 6 months and absolutely 0 windows apps that use your system's resources while mining.
Because it's based on windows 1607, you won't have any issues that windows 1803 is causing. Just install and forget, forever
Hello,

Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Hello,

No, it's always in the same location: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Also, try without running the ati patcher....
Hello,

Activity: 65
Merit: 1
"you can mine all ETH forks without devfee"

only on win 10 ?
2Gb card - all win.
3Gb card - only win10.

tnx man
Activity: 39

only on win 10 ?
2Gb card - all win.
3Gb card - only win10.
Activity: 65

only on win 10 ?
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
The etht parameter only works in solo mode. You are mining on a pool so that option does absolutely nothing!
Activity: 9
Hi guys!

In the miner there is such a parameter "-etht"
"Time period between Ethereum HTTP requests for new job in solo mode, in milliseconds. Default value is 200ms"

Why do we need this parameter and how does it affect the efficiency of mining?
For example, if my ping to the pool is ~ 70ms - does this mean that I should lower the "-etht" parameter from 200ms to, for example, 70ms?
Or is this statement wrong on my part?

Has anyone experimented with this parameter?

Thank you!

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english) 
Activity: 8
Hello guys , could you please let me know what is the BEST way to stop windows updates as i normally know that but dont know how my windows 10 updated itself with the "Windows 10 April update bla bla...' and my 10 gpu miner  stopped working etc.....then i reinstalled v.17.09 and all back again.

Usually i am stopping windows update services from the services.msc

But it gets enabled again?Huh

Now i just noticed it was enabled again and i disabled it bit i am sure it will enable itself and will update the windows and will have to reinstall again....

Is anyone else experiencimg the same ?

Thanks for your help in advance, first i a want to solve this and i am upgrafing to 11.8 with the latest AMD drivers.

Thanks

Hey Alex,

There are a few ways to do this but the best way to deal with the update is to have a cheap computer (test system) like your main rigs minus GPU's or if you can afford it one gpu 4GB above.

I say this so you won't need to have a machine down while you figure out software & hardware issues.
*The easy (fast) fix is to limit the OS partition drive of your HDD or a 120GB ssd and max out the VR to50000-60000

My large system has a 120Gb ssd and it tells me every other day or so that an issue needs fix because not enough room to update (learn more) then exit the settings screen but I still see the miner working in the background of that message, so it does not pose an issue atm.

I always suggest if its running with restarts every once and awhile let it go and keep an eye on it through ethermine.org screen to check if your miner is up (15 minute delay in reporting)

The more you learn and take notes of your issues will make you a better problem solver and then sometimes computer hardware & software get a mind of their own-really do,lol

Need any help feel free to ask but must be precise on details.
Activity: 2
Hallo guys,

Since Claymore v11.7 on Windows 10 - I have been facing with the following issue:

"Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: EthDcrMiner64.exe (1380) consumed 14468136960 bytes"

before 11.7 no such error appeared...
with 11.7 it run with 5-7day before this popped up.
Now with 11.8 it comes earlier - after 3-4 days.

Nothing else have been changed on the system, only the Claymore version.
Paging File is 16GB as it written in the "manual".
No new updates or driver or firmware got updated/installed.

Any idea ?

Regards,
J

Activity: 239
Merit: 12
Hi guys,
Sorry for a slight off-topic, but is there anyone kind enough to share a powershell script for fresh windows 10 tweaking for mining, e.g. rename pc, increase virtual memory, set proper power plan, disable windows updates, enable compute mode for amd cards, etc....
Something similar to this bat file: https://1stminingrig.com/best-windows-setup-configuration-tweaks-for-mining/
I'm writing my own, but it's taking more of my time than i'm willing to spend on it...

Thanks in advance; feel free to pm me.
Activity: 28
Been using the -mclock and -cclock options and I have noticed that they seem to not be applied once the miner stops unless I change the value by at least 1 then it seems the overclock settings will work.  Anyone else had this issue?

This works on Windows 10, Claymore's Miner v11.8

So I found a way to work around the issue where the -mclock and -cclock options are not applied after the miner stops.  What I discovered is if you modify the value by 1, Claymore's miner will apply the settings to the GPU and overclocking will be successful every time. 

In my mining script I added the following functions and I use the attached config file to setup the miner.

Added to my start.bat file, this is just part of my start.bat script
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

setlocal enableextensions
set GCOR=130
set GMEM=700
set GPOW=35
goto SKIPFUNCTIONS

:ADD
Set /a GCOR += 1
Set /a GMEM += 1
Set /a GPOW += 1
Set GCOR=-%GCOR%
Set GMEM=+%GMEM%
Set GPOW=-%GPOW%
echo Fix Added......: 1
echo GMEM=%GMEM%
echo FIX=SUB > %LOC%\FIX.txt
goto RETURN1

:SUB
Set /a GCOR -= 1
Set /a GMEM -= 1
Set /a GPOW -= 1
Set GCOR=-%GCOR%
Set GMEM=+%GMEM%
Set GPOW=-%GPOW%
echo Fix Subtracted.: 1
echo FIX=ADD > %LOC%\FIX.txt
goto RETURN1

:SKIPFUNCTIONS
If Not Exist %LOC%\FIX.txt echo FIX=ADD > %LOC%\FIX.txt
for /f "usebackq delims=" %%x in (%LOC%\FIX.txt) do (set %%x)
echo FIX=%FIX%

If "%FIX%" == "ADD " GOTO ADD
If "%FIX%" == "SUB " GOTO SUB
echo Fix failed, using after burner
start /D %LOC% /WAIT %LOC%\setmsipro.exe %MPRO%
:RETURN1
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

config.txt
# WARNING! Remove "#" characters to enable lines, with "#" they are disabled and will be ignored by miner! Check README for details.
# WARNING! Miner loads options from this file only if there are not any options in the command line!

-epool %POOL%
-ewal %ADDR%
-mode 1
-wd 1
-r 0
-dbg -1
-tt %GTMP%
-fanmin 0
-fanmax %GFAN%
-cclock %GCOR%
-mclock %GMEM%
-powlim %GPOW%
-mport 3333
-mpsw ether
-showdiff 1

This is an interesting approach and a solution to the problem. In my batch file I have almost no additional switches or options enabled and it seems to work just fine with close to default values. Although, the clock and fan speeds are set with Afterburner.
Activity: 71
Merit: 20
Been using the -mclock and -cclock options and I have noticed that they seem to not be applied once the miner stops unless I change the value by at least 1 then it seems the overclock settings will work.  Anyone else had this issue?

This works on Windows 10, Claymore's Miner v11.8

So I found a way to work around the issue where the -mclock and -cclock options are not applied after the miner stops.  What I discovered is if you modify the value by 1, Claymore's miner will apply the settings to the GPU and overclocking will be successful every time. 

In my mining script I added the following functions and I use the attached config file to setup the miner.

Added to my start.bat file, this is just part of my start.bat script

setlocal enableextensions
set GCOR=130
set GMEM=700
set GPOW=35
goto SKIPFUNCTIONS

:ADD
Set /a GCOR += 1
Set /a GMEM += 1
Set /a GPOW += 1
Set GCOR=-%GCOR%
Set GMEM=+%GMEM%
Set GPOW=-%GPOW%
echo Fix Added......: 1
echo GMEM=%GMEM%
echo FIX=SUB > %LOC%\FIX.txt
goto RETURN1

:SUB
Set /a GCOR -= 1
Set /a GMEM -= 1
Set /a GPOW -= 1
Set GCOR=-%GCOR%
Set GMEM=+%GMEM%
Set GPOW=-%GPOW%
echo Fix Subtracted.: 1
echo FIX=ADD > %LOC%\FIX.txt
goto RETURN1

:SKIPFUNCTIONS
If Not Exist %LOC%\FIX.txt echo FIX=ADD > %LOC%\FIX.txt
for /f "usebackq delims=" %%x in (%LOC%\FIX.txt) do (set %%x)
echo FIX=%FIX%

If "%FIX%" == "ADD " GOTO ADD
If "%FIX%" == "SUB " GOTO SUB
echo Fix failed, using after burner
start /D %LOC% /WAIT %LOC%\setmsipro.exe %MPRO%
:RETURN1

config.txt
# WARNING! Remove "#" characters to enable lines, with "#" they are disabled and will be ignored by miner! Check README for details.
# WARNING! Miner loads options from this file only if there are not any options in the command line!

-epool %POOL%
-ewal %ADDR%
-mode 1
-wd 1
-r 0
-dbg -1
-tt %GTMP%
-fanmin 0
-fanmax %GFAN%
-cclock %GCOR%
-mclock %GMEM%
-powlim %GPOW%