Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 226. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
as for me win10pro 1709 & Adrenalin 18.5.1 (NOT 18.5.2) & Clay 11.8 works quite stable with 13 AMD RX588 GPUs
1st you can't run 13gpu on wins pro etc max 12gpu which means your running Linux version of this miner ex: Simplemining or ethOS.
proof
https://yadi.sk/i/_6iEGe5Y3XYZux
Activity: 4
Miner crashes on a 12gpu rig in this version 11.8 not 11.7 Windows

as for me win10pro 1709 & Adrenalin 18.5.1 (NOT 18.5.2) & Clay 11.8 works quite stable with 13 AMD RX588 GPUs

1st you can't run 13gpu on wins pro etc max 12gpu which means your running Linux version of this miner ex: Simplemining or ethOS.
AMD Drivers only supports 12gpu running on native wins pro etc.........

Also the R1 option for the reboot.bat file fails to work on a 12 GPU rig
Activity: 37

Activity: 73
Merit: 3
Read the announcement and the answer is not in there...

for solo mining, if the share that is submitted that finds the block happens while the dev fee is mining, does the dev get the whole block or a percentage of the block?

Thanks!

Why would there be a "share" submitted when solo mining?  You're not on a pool ... right?  If the DevFee cycle hits the block solution, then that wallet address gets the block reward ... all of it.  Pools allow for rewards to be distributed for percentages of work ... not solo.

I did find the answer to my question after searching this thread. (all 1,500 posts Wink )

My guess though is you've never solo mined.  They've had can solo mining on pools for YEARS now.

http://altpool.pro/

In all mining the miner submits shares.  The share is then accepted or denied by the pool.  In the case of solo mining, the accepted submitted share has a chance to solve the block.  In solo pool mining, the share that solves the block gets the reward.  In non-solo pool mining the shares are calculated as a percentage of the block.  What's happening when the DEV part is mining shares are being submitted, but only under the devs mining address.  If they solve the block during that time they get the whole block, I thought there might have been a way to split that percentage-wise in the software, but no, the dev gets the whole block.

Also, as it goes to Claymore's wallet I wouldn't know how many blocks were actually solved by my rigs because the pool only shows my receiving mining address, not his.

So no more solo mining with Claymore for me, at least on certain coins.  For regular pool mining, sure.

Solo mining through a pool is the same result as solo mining directly to the network, but with an added fee.  If you solo mine through a pool, you are a pool of 1.  Shares have no meaning in a pool of 1 because they are all your shares.  You either find a block or you don't.  It's perhaps useful to allow you to see that you are, in fact, making progress on doing the work but nothing else.  In that case, I guess you're paying the pool fee of 1% or so for ... something.  If you're solo and you go through a pool, you're letting them use their wallet in the block's coinbase and at that point, they can deduct their fee and then give you the rest I suppose.  Maybe the fee is worth it to show your progress?  I don't know.  If you were mining directly on the network, your address would go into the coinbase of the found block and you wouldn't submit "shares" to the network ... only block solutions.

Only in pool mining does a miner submit shares.

When the DevFee mines, it may mine on a completely different pool for example.  It is disconnected from the work you're doing on your wallet address.  The DevFee probably hits a shared pool while you are off on a dedicated channel or solo. 
Activity: 82
Hello guys , could you please let me know what is the BEST way to stop windows updates as i normally know that but dont know how my windows 10 updated itself with the "Windows 10 April update bla bla...' and my 10 gpu miner  stopped working etc.....then i reinstalled v.17.09 and all back again.

Setting Windows to defer feature updates for upto 365 days is quick and easy. If it is the BEST way is up to you to decide. I do want the security updates but it seems the general consensus in here is no updates.
I have a rig that was set to not update, and after a while RDP could not connect to it as it was seen as a security risk. On top of that Windows update failed once enabled and I had to update it with a media disk.

If it updates to 1803 you can roll back, no need to reinstall.
Activity: 13
Hello there, I want to start mining Ether Zero using Claymore-eth-v11.8 on SMOS.  I have 3 Gigabyte RX580s 8gb and 3 MSi Rx570s 8gb.  What is the best command line to use.  I greatly appreciate your support. 
Activity: 18
Anyone get issues with Temps on their GPUs going crazy, After this update through Awesome Miner Mining management tool,  ALL my rigs are reporting 86+ Temps before they were all hanging around 60 - 72C

My throttle range is 86 - 90 before cut out so they all keep restarting annoyingly and costly too!

I've tried rolling back and It seems that this version has an Issue with the GPU Temps, 11.7 seems to work fine.

Any one else have this

My rigs are all

ASUS RX580 OC & TOP edition
ASUS Z270-A prime
i5

I'm only Mining ETH too so NO dual mining for just better efficiency.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Activity: 55
Hello guys , could you please let me know what is the BEST way to stop windows updates as i normally know that but dont know how my windows 10 updated itself with the "Windows 10 April update bla bla...' and my 10 gpu miner  stopped working etc.....then i reinstalled v.17.09 and all back again.

Usually i am stopping windows update services from the services.msc

But it gets enabled again?Huh

Now i just noticed it was enabled again and i disabled it bit i am sure it will enable itself and will update the windows and will have to reinstall again....

Is anyone else experiencimg the same ?

Thanks for your help in advance, first i a want to solve this and i am upgrafing to 11.8 with the latest AMD drivers.

Thanks
Activity: 138
Merit: 1

for solo mining, if the share that is submitted that finds the block happens while the dev fee is mining, does the dev get the whole block or a percentage of the block?

Thanks!

Why would there be a "share" submitted when solo mining?  You're not on a pool ... right?  If the DevFee cycle hits the block solution, then that wallet address gets the block reward ... all of it.  Pools allow for rewards to be distributed for percentages of work ... not solo.

I did find the answer to my question after searching this thread. (all 1,500 posts Wink )

My guess though is you've never solo mined.  They've had can solo mining on pools for YEARS now.

http://altpool.pro/

In all mining the miner submits shares.  The share is then accepted or denied by the pool.  In the case of solo mining, the accepted submitted share has a chance to solve the block.  In solo pool mining, the share that solves the block gets the reward.  In non-solo pool mining the shares are calculated as a percentage of the block.  What's happening when the DEV part is mining shares are being submitted, but only under the devs mining address.  If they solve the block during that time they get the whole block, I thought there might have been a way to split that percentage-wise in the software, but no, the dev gets the whole block.

Also, as it goes to Claymore's wallet I wouldn't know how many blocks were actually solved by my rigs because the pool only shows my receiving mining address, not his.

So no more solo mining with Claymore for me, at least on certain coins.  For regular pool mining, sure.
Activity: 73

Thanks!

Why would there be a "share" submitted when solo mining?  You're not on a pool ... right?  If the DevFee cycle hits the block solution, then that wallet address gets the block reward ... all of it.  Pools allow for rewards to be distributed for percentages of work ... not solo.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
More than 6 nvidia GPUs do not start on win7 64. miner crashed on creating dag file.
v11.0 and older work fine on 8 GPUs

maybe that will help:

"-gser   this setting can improve stability on multi-GPU systems if miner hangs during startup. It serializes GPUs initalization routines. Use "-gser 1" to serailize some of routines and "-gser 2" to serialize all routines.
   Using values higher than 2 allows you also to set custom delay between DAG generation on GPUs, for example, "-gser 5" means same as "-gser 2" and also adds 3sec delay between DAG generation (can be useful for buggy drivers and/or weak PSU).    Default value is "0" (no serialization, fast initialization)."
Activity: 9
using v11.7 and always get crash when switch epoch Embarrassed any solution to this?  Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 1
More than 6 nvidia GPUs do not start on win7 64. miner crashed on creating dag file.
v11.0 and older work fine on 8 GPUs
Activity: 1
Hello
i'm trying to switch from windows 10 to ubuntu. Under windows with slight overclock my test card (asus rx580 8g) gave a stable 30 MH with effective hashrate matching reported, under linux i get 30.1 reported without overclock but the effective drops around 23.
Am i missing something?

Thanks
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Im mining with Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v11.8 miner , But when I was mining whalecoin or ethereum i was getting 22mhs  per card. And now Im mining EtherZero and Im getting 11mhs per card? How to fix that? And after few mins mining OpenCl error -4 http://prntscr.com/jpyhaf

GPU memory size?

My rigs are XFX PCI Express R9 280X 3GB

and

MSI R9 280X 3gb
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Can this version of claymore increase the hash of amd rx 500 series cards? How about the driver can anyone here has their suggestion of AMD driver that are compatible with the 11.8

Hope someone will answer my concern. Thanks

You need to download the AMD blockchain driver in order to achieve maximum that your GPU can deliver.

False. That was a beta driver to test the compute mode functionality on amd drivers. It's now part of every newer driver.

I recommend that you use the latest WHQL driver (adrenaline 18.5.1) and make sure that you enable compute mode on the radeon settings and also use windows 10 LTSB for mining. If you are using windows 10 1803, make sure that you disable ULPS (check 3 or 4 posts before this one) or else you will have severe delays if you are running multiple amd gpu's.

I actually installed the latest WHQL driver but after rebooting my rx580 GPU's were working at around 18MH, instead of the usual 29-30MH. I had to revert to the beta driver to get the hashrate I had before the driver update.

If you didn't know:

"-y   enables Compute Mode and disables CrossFire for AMD cards. "-y 1" works as pressing "y" key when miner starts. This option works in Windows only."

and sometimes ddu + installing drivers change my gpu clock to really low too, i would check those too...
Activity: 197
hey Claymore
no UPDATE for cryptonight version?
still have to fix temp report from remote desktop
Jump to: