Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 284. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hello guys, i'm having too many memory errors and don't know what to do more. I'm using 1300/2000 clocks that's basically the default ones. Mining ETH i use 1300/2100 and i dont have problems. Also 950 mvddc and cvddc
Activity: 170
Merit: 6
hihi all

I have updates it to v11.6 but it says

eth stratum connected eth-eu nanopool.org:9999 (unsecure)

Whats with the unsecure part?

I have already read the readme file but i cant find the solution?

can you help me the noob guys Cheesy

its a connection between your miner and the pool, if you want it more secured then use the SSL port

otherwise its a default connection where I also use it

Is it safe to use it "unsecure"?

yeah, what I could do is to set some security of my PC and close some ports one example is -mport options

So far. no attempts made idk if its just a waste of time penetrating my rigs though  Cheesy

Haha okok but there is nobody who has a solution for the "unsecure" problem who can help me with this

Wtf? The solution is to use ssl pools. "Unsecured" text is just a graphical bling bling to promote users to use ssl pools so you cant cheat his miner, thats all.

Using Claymore miner you might as well use the secure port if you're mining on a pool that supports ssl.
The miner will use the ssl connection anyway no matter which you select if the pool supports it.
You can use the unsecure port 4444 if you want, but the dev fee will use the secure 5555 port anyway.
So on any pool that supports the secure 5555 you're not going to cheat him becuase he is going to dev fee on the secure.
There is no cheat any more because the ssl is encryped and none of the work arounds that used to redirect the dev fee
back to your wallet work.

Ah okok so theres nothing worried to about

Well, let me make one thing clear, if you use the unsecured port you are opening up yourself for an attack
from the web backbone that can redirect all your shares to their account. It has already happened a few times.
It's not your PC itself that is in jepordy but the link to the pool.

So, my advice is always use the secured port. There is no good reason not to since the miner dev fee is already
going to that secure port.

Can you tell how do i do that me is noob Cheesy

Show me your .bat start file or the command line you use now to connect using Claymore miner.
Activity: 28
hihi all

its a connection between your miner and the pool, if you want it more secured then use the SSL port

yeah, what I could do is to set some security of my PC and close some ports one example is -mport options

So far. no attempts made idk if its just a waste of time penetrating my rigs though  Cheesy

Haha okok but there is nobody who has a solution for the "unsecure" problem who can help me with this

Wtf? The solution is to use ssl pools. "Unsecured" text is just a graphical bling bling to promote users to use ssl pools so you cant cheat his miner, thats all.

Using Claymore miner you might as well use the secure port if you're mining on a pool that supports ssl.
The miner will use the ssl connection anyway no matter which you select if the pool supports it.
You can use the unsecure port 4444 if you want, but the dev fee will use the secure 5555 port anyway.
So on any pool that supports the secure 5555 you're not going to cheat him becuase he is going to dev fee on the secure.
There is no cheat any more because the ssl is encryped and none of the work arounds that used to redirect the dev fee

Well, let me make one thing clear, if you use the unsecured port you are opening up yourself for an attack
from the web backbone that can redirect all your shares to their account. It has already happened a few times.

So, my advice is always use the secured port. There is no good reason not to since the miner dev fee is already

Can you tell how do i do that me is noob Cheesy
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
I dont think there has been any change with unsecured ports.  Just in the new version it's reported.  Always try to use the secure ports.  If theres issues then use unsecure.
hihi all

hihi all

hihi all

Activity: 8
hihi all

So far. no attempts made idk if its just a waste of time penetrating my rigs though  Cheesy

hihi all

So far. no attempts made idk if its just a waste of time penetrating my rigs though  Cheesy

Activity: 31
version 11.4-11.6 doesn't work with 8 NVIDIA video cards in system win7.
just closes when the program starts...
how can you solve the problem?

win7 is the bottleneck!!! uprade to win 10 or use Linux.
Can anyone explain what this setting does ?

From readme file.
-ethi -8192   "it exactly means "global work size"

I know how to use the -ethi with "normal positive number settings"
However, the -8192 setting shown in the documentation I don't know what the global work size means.

Anyone ever used it that way ?
Any benefits ?
Hi Guys! One of the mail killer fee of this miner is obviously the dual mining.

My farm is based on 1070 and 1050ti. I am currently dual mining XVG (blake2s). What are you guys doing?

Also, I will not disclose the name of the pool because it would be advertising,  but I am getting on average 50% of what calculators say I should get. Any similar experience or any pool that is acting in a more fair way?

Even if it was, I couldn't tell you what pool, it would be advertising.
Activity: 6

I join the question. Here is my post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33578158

same problem (((
wait answer..
Activity: 137
Merit: 10

I join the question. Here is my post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.33578158
Activity: 6
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version is v11.6:

But where is the Claymore's CryptoNight AMD GPU Miner update???

why did you have to re-post a whole page of claymore's just to ask a question-that too not related to the dual ethereum miner ?
Can you please ensure you use the code window if you want to post long posts so that the whole page is not hogged
You can click on the # and insert your long post in between the "code" and "/code"

i just put people like this on ignore instantly. makes the forum much more enjoyable.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
With Windows 10 I always run this command in a .bat file before I start mining:
taskkill /IM /F ApplicationFrameHost.exe

It gets back a little vram from windows.

nice find, but it seems there may be more you have to do.

NOTE: need to run this batch in admin mode

taskkill /im ApplicationFrameHost.exe /f
taskkill /im ShellExperienceHost.exe /f
taskkill /IM dwm.exe /F

maybe run it in a loop or something or run as a scheduled task every so often as win10 seems to sneak back that vram usage after a time.

from this article.
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-simple-batch-bat-file-to-free-vram.402022/

EDIT have not tried this, my cards are 4gb or above.
Activity: 30

My farm is based on 1070 and 1050ti. I am currently dual mining XVG (blake2s). What are you guys doing?

Also, I will not disclose the name of the pool because it would be advertising,  but I am getting on average 50% of what calculators say I should get. Any similar experience or any pool that is acting in a more fair way?

You are using unimining or ant mine pool. Switch to nlpool
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
hihi all

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

Also, I will not disclose the name of the pool because it would be advertising,  but I am getting on average 50% of what calculators say I should get. Any similar experience or any pool that is acting in a more fair way?

Jump to: