Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 287. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
For some reason, since the last windows update, i can no longer use the #0 card, it hangs out setting the dag.
Has anybody experienced this same problem?
I can't go back the windows version, so i'll move to linux (already have a lot of linux rigs so it's not a big problem) but i don't have the time right now, so i wanted to have it fully working for a few days more until the migration Tongue

Thanx guys!

Same thing happened to me.  Windows freezes when setting dag epoch on gpu0.  Problem is only on my TB85 rx580 rig with 4gb of system ram.  My TB250 rx570 rig with 8gb of system ram is fine.  Both are six-card rigs.

Work has been too busy so I haven't had time to troubleshoot.  Just used -di to turn off gpu0 for now.

If you figure something out plz let me know.

If anyone else has insight, please share.

just stumbled upon this now: https://github.com/tpruvot/sgminer/releases
"Allow to mine ETH without DAG requirement on nVidia cards and AMD
Beware: ETH requires cards with at least 1750MB of free memory.
tested ok on RX470, GTX960 and 1070"

Not sure how well it will perform or at all... you may also try zawawa's new gatelessgate sharp it's an interesting one (suppose to work with stock cards Smiley)

Activity: 251
Merit: 6
For some reason, since the last windows update, i can no longer use the #0 card, it hangs out setting the dag.
I can't go back the windows version, so i'll move to linux (already have a lot of linux rigs so it's not a big problem) but i don't have the time right now, so i wanted to have it fully working for a few days more until the migration Tongue

Thanx guys!

Same thing happened to me.  Windows freezes when setting dag epoch on gpu0.  Problem is only on my TB85 rx580 rig with 4gb of system ram.  My TB250 rx570 rig with 8gb of system ram is fine.  Both are six-card rigs.

Work has been too busy so I haven't had time to troubleshoot.  Just used -di to turn off gpu0 for now.

To clarify, I did some very quick and rudimentary troubleshooting.  Ddu and clean install of aug23 blockchain driver.  Checked riser.  GPU0 appears normal in gpuz and msi AB.  No time atm to do much more.

I wonder if increasing virtual memory might help.  Or upgrading to 8GB system ram.

I don't want to just try something remotely bc if my rig freezes I won't be able to go to it in person to turn the PSU off/on for at least a few days.

Do u have a monitpr connected? Internal gpu enabled?

Yes igpu enabled and dummy plug connected to mobo dvid.

Increased paging file to 32000, still freeze.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
About 3gb cards, doesnt matter if we mine other coins, the DEV FEE from @claymore tries to mine ethereum and the program just keep doing that since it cant generate the DAG file for the 3gb cards.
PhoenixMiner has an option to choose a devfee coin. You should check it out.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
i was told be someone to do this. can someone help me with making this happen for my NVidia. My NVidia is the 8th card the very last one.

Do you have -tt or -fanmin/-fanmax set? If yes, set it only for amd cards (from readme: for NVIDIA cards only temperature monitoring is supported, temperature management is not supported.), if no - more info is needed.

issue persist.
22:45:10:453   271c   NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
22:45:10:453   271c   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
22:45:13:594   271c   NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
22:45:13:594   271c   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)

-fanmin 50 -fanmax 80 -tt -50 this is what i have in my line.

how do u set for amd only?

I Guess by trying to run 2 instances of Claymore miner, then in your line add/use -di options, check what are GPU indexes that is assigned for AMD and Nvidia
Activity: 298
Merit: 100
i was told be someone to do this. can someone help me with making this happen for my NVidia. My NVidia is the 8th card the very last one.

Do you have -tt or -fanmin/-fanmax set? If yes, set it only for amd cards (from readme: for NVIDIA cards only temperature monitoring is supported, temperature management is not supported.), if no - more info is needed.

issue persist.
22:45:10:453   271c   NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
22:45:10:453   271c   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
22:45:13:594   271c   NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
22:45:13:594   271c   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)

-fanmin 50 -fanmax 80 -tt -50 this is what i have in my line.

how do u set for amd only?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
-nofee will disable the dev fee and reduce performance by 2-3%. You can try that until the new version is released.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
About 3gb cards, doesnt matter if we mine other coins, the DEV FEE from @claymore tries to mine ethereum and the program just keep doing that since it cant generate the DAG file for the 3gb cards.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Never did fix my instability issue with 11.5 so I rolled back to 10.6 and it just churns away, except for the other night when I quickly realized the one 3GB card I have amongst the other 6 AMD cards wasn't creating the DAG. Some quick research and it of course led me to what Claymore mentioned.

What amd driver version are you using?

for me latest 18.3.4 drivers solved the instability..
Activity: 5
Never did fix my instability issue with 11.5 so I rolled back to 10.6 and it just churns away, except for the other night when I quickly realized the one 3GB card I have amongst the other 6 AMD cards wasn't creating the DAG. Some quick research and it of course led me to what Claymore mentioned.

I will say, setting -eres 0 got it back up and mining but correct me if i'm wrong, each time the DAG changes/increases I'll get a miner/machine reboot? At least that's what's happened so far when it jumped from 177 to 178 or whatever it was. I'm assuming that's because the cards are not reserving the space. Looks like I'm going to have to swap out a 470 for the 1060.
Activity: 251
Merit: 6

Thanx guys!

Same thing happened to me.  Windows freezes when setting dag epoch on gpu0.  Problem is only on my TB85 rx580 rig with 4gb of system ram.  My TB250 rx570 rig with 8gb of system ram is fine.  Both are six-card rigs.

Work has been too busy so I haven't had time to troubleshoot.  Just used -di to turn off gpu0 for now.

To clarify, I did some very quick and rudimentary troubleshooting.  Ddu and clean install of aug23 blockchain driver.  Checked riser.  GPU0 appears normal in gpuz and msi AB.  No time atm to do much more.

I wonder if increasing virtual memory might help.  Or upgrading to 8GB system ram.

I don't want to just try something remotely bc if my rig freezes I won't be able to go to it in person to turn the PSU off/on for at least a few days.

Do u have a monitpr connected? Internal gpu enabled?

Yes igpu enabled and dummy plug connected to mobo dvid.
Activity: 56
Try setting the Windows power plan to 'high performance'.

Thanks, but my rig is definetely not going to sleep. It seems to me that just internet connections is dropped (I have both ethernet and wifi for redundancy). Seems both of them are killed for apparently no reason...

It doesn't have to go to sleep. Your power plan power management mode could be setting the network adapters to power savings mode, which is why you should set the power plan to high performance. If you want to do it manually, under power options select 'change advanced power settings' and verify the network adapters are set to 'maximum performance'.

It was already in "maximum performance". BTW listened to you and now set to high performance, also unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on both the network devices, hoping it won't break WOL/WOW
@Viaggiatore Your rig is probably blue screening and restarting. Check Windows Event Viewer for logs. I'd suggest DDU and reinstall latest 18.3.4 drivers.

Thanks, but definitely it's not the case, in Claymore window I can see it is just the internet connection which went bananas ;-)

I tried with unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on both ethernet and wifi device, I read somewhere this could be the issue.
I hope it will not break WOL btw

Thanks, but my rig is definetely not going to sleep. It seems to me that just internet connections is dropped (I have both ethernet and wifi for redundancy). Seems both of them are killed for apparently no reason...

It doesn't have to go to sleep. Your power plan power management mode could be setting the network adapters to power savings mode, which is why you should set the power plan to high performance. If you want to do it manually, under power options select 'change advanced power settings' and verify the network adapters are set to 'maximum performance'.
Activity: 38
@Viaggiatore Your rig is probably blue screening and restarting. Check Windows Event Viewer for logs. I'd suggest DDU and reinstall latest 18.3.4 drivers.

Hello, not properly related to Claymore I think but... second time it happens to me, my 8 GPU rig seems "freezing", it's not answering to ping nor to TeamViewer. This for say 5 minutes then it seems it wake up by itself. Of course I have sleep disabled! Also updates are disabled! I had a look at logs but nothing special is there??? Any hint on how to find out what could possibly be? Where to look at in logs?

Thanks!
It seems 3GB cards won't be able to mine ETH/ETC in Windows10 soon because this OS reserves about 20% of GPU memory size and there is no way to fix it (at least easily).
In next update I will set zero devfee for these cards (same as I did for 2GB) so you can mine ETH forks.
If you still want to mine ETH/ETC on 3GB cards you should use Windows7 or Linux. Windows

Since Windows 7 is limited to 4 cards, I think Windows Server 2016 is another option for using Windows if you have more than 4 cards. There is also a 180-day evaluation of Windows Server 2016 for free.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2016
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
It seems 3GB cards won't be able to mine ETH/ETC in Windows10 soon because this OS reserves about 20% of GPU memory size and there is no way to fix it (at least easily).
In next update I will set zero devfee for these cards (same as I did for 2GB) so you can mine ETH forks.
If you still want to mine ETH/ETC on 3GB cards you should use Windows7 or Linux.

Great. So No devfee on 3GB cards for both windows and linux versions?
Activity: 17
Thanks Claymore!

If you still want to mine ETH/ETC on 3GB cards you should use Windows7 or Linux.

Jump to: