Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 30. (Read 6590215 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
and I think the stolen usernames are also being banned.

Amazing, hacker took even control of this forum username victims.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

You scammers posting that trojan horse should be banned from here.

IF YOU SEE THE "ETHPILLAN" LINK, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY--

Apparently, the moderator is taking this threat seriously.  The link posts are being deleted, and I think the stolen usernames are also being banned.

I have reported this so often, and am credited with a correct report each time.       --scryptr
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
I have  strange issue. After some time I run ETh miner on 570 4GB and 580 8Gb cards using 20.8.1
The problem is 580 is mining @∟29Mhs, 570 @ 2.6Mhs.
Both cards are set to compute. Anyone have any idea?

hja, i looks it is a 4GB problem, with DAG 351 is working at full hash, after 351, so 352 and fwd it gets down to 2.6mhs. So game over for 4GB cards.

You get couple more epoch with TeamRedMiner for the main gpu and maybe 10 with other GPUs, not sure what it does differently than Claymore or PM, but its still possible to mine with win10.
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
I have come across a strange problem. My Gigabyte RX580 8GB cards was hashing at about 31 Mh/s but has suddenly fallen to 25. It is like Clymore 15.0 can no longer apply the straps but there is no indications of anything wrong in the log files. If i remove the -strap option they will actually run a bit faster. And if I flash the VBIOS they will be back up to 31.
Can anyone explain that? They were running a bit faster with strap from Claymore than the VBIOS I have found (or made, can't remember) so it would be nice to get it working as it should.
Win10, AMD 20.4.2
Xtreme Monster

hja, i looks it is a 4GB problem, with DAG 351 is working at full hash, after 351, so 352 and fwd it gets down to 2.6mhs. So game over for 4GB cards.

Its not game over, you just need to switch to a different OS. Your best bet is to just switch to Linux and you can use SMOS. If you are technically more inclined you can just use Ubuntu instead. I had to do the same over the weekend. SMOS I think you need to pay for but there is a free trial. I didn't use SMOS because I needed Wifi to work.

Just make sure you are using a motherboard with a built-in video. Usually most motherboards have this and you will find a HDMI, DVI or VGA port on the motherboard. Make sure this is primary video.

Just keep in mind that you will run into issues such as installing AMD drivers, setting clocks and undervolting. However when you do it once, you will quickly do it for rest of your rigs.

How long will you mine with 4gbs after dag 373 with ubuntu linux?, by my calculations if using smos, the end is dag 385 which will be around 26 November, for windows is dag 373 which will be around October 26.

PM dev said "Under Linux all relatively recent drivers (i.e. last 24-36 months) allow mining until epoch 378-380 but there are much more driver bugs, so if you are happy with your current driver version, do not change it."
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

Its not game over, you just need to switch to a different OS. Your best bet is to just switch to Linux and you can use SMOS. If you are technically more inclined you can just use Ubuntu instead. I had to do the same over the weekend. SMOS I think you need to pay for but there is a free trial. I didn't use SMOS because I needed Wifi to work.

Just make sure you are using a motherboard with a built-in video. Usually most motherboards have this and you will find a HDMI, DVI or VGA port on the motherboard. Make sure this is primary video.

Just keep in mind that you will run into issues such as installing AMD drivers, setting clocks and undervolting. However when you do it once, you will quickly do it for rest of your rigs.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114

Dont quote them with the Link or delete the Link when you quote them , thats what they want so the link will be alive.
Report them to the Moderators and i also have an eye on them and report them and normaly they get banned .
You can also write in my thread if you find one of them .
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 224
Merit: 18
@jasta more

Can you please edit the quoted post you have done and make the link unclickable or delete it !
Just to be sure nobody click on it and download this Shit what they have posted and that they dont get infected with bad software.
Would be great.

Regards Lafu
Fixed, thanks for pointing to my mistake Smiley
Activity: 238
I have  strange issue. After some time I run ETh miner on 570 4GB and 580 8Gb cards using 20.8.1

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc; also "a", "b", and "c" keys allow you to turn on/off GPU #10, #11 and #12 in runtime.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Hello,
I need a little help with a batch file.

How should my batch file look if I wanted to disable some number of cards after starting a miner?

For example, I start miner with batch file and I need to disable GPU 1 and GPU 4 right after starting a miner.
How can I do that with a batch file?

Now my rig starts up with normal batch file for starting a miner and after that I just type 1 and 4 manually and cards are disabled.
Can cards be disabled directly from batch, and enabled later manually?

*Sometimes I forget to disable cards and it makes a problem with some of my work, for which I need those two cards, that’s why I need miner to start with those cards disabled, and when I finish with them I would enable them back manually typing 1 and 4.

Thank you in advance
I have  strange issue. After some time I run ETh miner on 570 4GB and 580 8Gb cards using 20.8.1
Activity: 77
Merit: 6
Im getting error 1002 when trying to apply straps to 1070ti

windows 10, it mines fine but will not apply memory straps.

"Failed to install driver, error 1002"
Try running as administrator. If still not work uninstall and reinstall driver (See OP for details)

I DDU'd and reinstalled. Seems like it thinks the service is in use. Anyway I can delete the -mt driver itself?

Running it as admin as well.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
@jasta more

Can you please edit the quoted post you have done and make the link unclickable or delete it !
Just to be sure nobody click on it and download this Shit what they have posted and that they dont get infected with bad software.
Would be great.

Regards Lafu
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
ETHpillan - a new tablet to increase the hashrate on video cards from AMD and NVIDIA
Support all miners for Windows (AMD+Nvidia)
Hashrate
1080ti - 55 mh/s
2080ti - 58 mh/s
RX5700 XT - 65 mh/s

More info:
Again with same scam but different account, don't download this people if you want to keep your funds
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Im getting error 1002 when trying to apply straps to 1070ti

windows 10, it mines fine but will not apply memory straps.

"Failed to install driver, error 1002"
Try running as administrator. If still not work uninstall and reinstall driver (See OP for details)
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Has anybody managed to get integrated graphics to work in Linux? I just get the blank screen with a cursor. Booting with "nomodeset" works but then there's no compute drivers as well. This is only a temporary fix to install/uninstall drivers but there's already the compute drivers installed.

1. disable integrated video in bios
2. boot on PCE video
3. install drivers on PCE video
4. reboot
5. if everything works reboot again
6. enable integrated video in bios
7. boot on integrated video

it should work this way
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Is there a guide anywhere to get 4GB cards to mine with Ubuntu 16.04? Basically I am having issues to get Ubuntu to load if "onboard" video is selected. It refuses to go past the login screen. If I have "PCIe" as primary video on motherboard, it loads but it runs of the VRAM on that GPU. Seems the only drivers I can use are 17.40 for Ubuntu 16.04.

I'm trying to get 4GB card working on Ubuntu 20.04.1, Installed pro drivers 20.30 and got it to mine EXP but the ETH is cant generate DAG, help would be nice Smiley

I have booted to terminal but still not enough memory.

I got it to work with Ubuntu 16.04, using 17.40 AMD drivers. It mines ETH except can't figure out how to undervolt. This is with Phoenix miner, Claymore doesn't seem to want to work.

Any way to get Claymore to work in Ubuntu with 4GB?

Ok, Got it to work with TeamRedMiner. Could not het Claymore and Phoenix Miner go over epoch 350 on my setup (Ubuntu 20.04.1 and Pro drivers 20.30), Now RX470 4G is mining 27,5 Mh/s,
Next i have to look at the power consumption, its little bit too high now...
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Is there a guide anywhere to get 4GB cards to mine with Ubuntu 16.04? Basically I am having issues to get Ubuntu to load if "onboard" video is selected. It refuses to go past the login screen. If I have "PCIe" as primary video on motherboard, it loads but it runs of the VRAM on that GPU. Seems the only drivers I can use are 17.40 for Ubuntu 16.04.

I'm trying to get 4GB card working on Ubuntu 20.04.1, Installed pro drivers 20.30 and got it to mine EXP but the ETH is cant generate DAG, help would be nice Smiley

I have booted to terminal but still not enough memory.

I got it to work with Ubuntu 16.04, using 17.40 AMD drivers. It mines ETH except can't figure out how to undervolt. This is with Phoenix miner, Claymore doesn't seem to want to work.

Any way to get Claymore to work in Ubuntu with 4GB?
Pages:
Jump to: