Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 35. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I have 4 rigs with same 4GB cards, but one of the rigs have 8gb ram (RAM not gpu memory) and only that rig works with clymore. Anyone else can check if RAM have any impact of using claymore with this latest issues?
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
The answer to your question has been posted 3 times in the last 50 posts. But to sum it up for you, GPU has overhead loaded into it. Either put a 6 or 8GB card as GPU0 or use on-cpu video.
I get the problem even when disabling the first GPU. The overhead is a poor excuse for a miner that is simply outdated. His Zcash miner is even more outdated.

Are you bitching in his thread that he's abandoned for almost a year that he's not supporting the software? Several people have already mentioned his last post date.  He's still raking in thousands of dollars every day so "poor excuse of a miner" when over 50% of casual miners were using it at times seems like sour grapes.

The miner works fine when a 6 or 8GB card is placed in GPU0 position. Anything card that doesn't work past that, well that's the whole point of a DAG loaded into memory or Dagger Hashimoto would have been dead way back in 2017 with ASICs.

Go try Phoenix miner.

6GB or 8GB card may be in any position, no need just to be GPU0. I have several rigs, with random 8GB card placement between 4GB cards and all rigs are working fine.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
The answer to your question has been posted 3 times in the last 50 posts. But to sum it up for you, GPU has overhead loaded into it. Either put a 6 or 8GB card as GPU0 or use on-cpu video.
I get the problem even when disabling the first GPU. The overhead is a poor excuse for a miner that is simply outdated. His Zcash miner is even more outdated.

Are you bitching in his thread that he's abandoned for almost a year that he's not supporting the software? Several people have already mentioned his last post date.  He's still raking in thousands of dollars every day so "poor excuse of a miner" when over 50% of casual miners were using it at times seems like sour grapes.

The miner works fine when a 6 or 8GB card is placed in GPU0 position. Anything card that doesn't work past that, well that's the whole point of a DAG loaded into memory or Dagger Hashimoto would have been dead way back in 2017 with ASICs.

Go try Phoenix miner.
Activity: 83
Merit: 3
Well with old settings (TDP 70% core 90+ memory +500) using -strap 4 zotac 1080Ti got only 43.5mh/sec with ethash algo, i had around 48-49mh/sec before, so best to put memory at 0, in this case hashrate increased to 46.5mh/sec, i think it is something to do with latest DAG changes, anyway i get 195.5 mh/sec with 4X1080+1080Ti from my rig, using  memory +500 and -100 core TDP 70% for 1080 getting aroind 37mh/sec+ from each card, with pill i got only around 185mh/sec before, -strap 4 is most stable for my rig, no restarts at all, 4-5% stale shares
Activity: 379
Merit: 105
Dear Clay, where is the new version?HuhHuh
there may not be a new version anymore
Activity: 18
The point is not to disable the first GPU.  The point is that have the first GPU have enough extra memory for the OS overhead and still be able to load the DAG.  Then the rest of the cards will run fine at 4GB.  Disabling the first GPU does not solve the problem and misses the point entirely.
You know that disabling it doesn't disable it for the UI and only for the miner right? But even with one less GPU being recognised and used exclusively for the UI it doesn't work. Saying to use a GPU with extra memory misses the point that that isn't the real issue and that the miner is buggy. It doesn't recognise all memory and thinks it's out of memory when it's not. You can also see this bug when the reported memory for each card decreases each time it tries to allocate the DAG. It's also not a "solution" that always works.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I FOUND SOLUTION 4gb cards

I have 5 460 cards in rig no onboard vga clay more no do solution. I use Nanominer  no need onboard vga Claymore Make 149mh  nanominer make 145mh I u can see monitor in 3333 port any software
one handicap is no fan control. I use fan control with Msi Afterburner and done continue to mining with 4gb cards.

if u want download Link here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10svcuZdPFnx6L2cULMH9xkX6MTFCCZMY/view?usp=sharing
Activity: 73

So ... umm ... dont use it?
The point is not to disable the first GPU.  The point is that have the first GPU have enough extra memory for the OS overhead and still be able to load the DAG.  Then the rest of the cards will run fine at 4GB.  Disabling the first GPU does not solve the problem and misses the point entirely.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

So ... umm ... dont use it?
Activity: 18
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
I HAVE 3 RIG  THE mainboards is same Gigabyte 970a-DS3p  
3x5=15  Rx470 Asus Mining edition have
Today I see no hashrate all rig. I restarted Same Problem. I edit my miner config And added -eres 1  rigs start to work. But I see 3 rig Same Problem GPU0  is not start to work hashrate Still 0 mh. But in device manager No problem.
I think this problem Claymore's script problem. I try reinstall driver and patch same Problem Still.
Any Solution ?

I fixed this too with command line -eres 1 and GPU0 is not mining the hasrate for GPU0 is 0.000 MH/s why is this issue?

Without command line -eres 1 all my rig GPUs hashrate drops between 0.000 MH/s and 1.200 MH/s.

With command line -eres 1 GPU0 hasrate is 0.000 MH/s and the rest of GPUs hashrate are between 23.086 and 23.386 MH/s

Can Claymore team fix this issue please?

Activity: 152
Merit: 8
how to mine ETH, ETC on windows 10 after 352 epoch on 4Gb video cards

instruction and download programm & drivers here
https://bitby.ru/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUaeCGH5_f0

downloaded amd_drivers arh and it say wrong OS.

what ver. of drivers is it ? maybe i will download corect drivers from source site ?

for windows 10 from official suite amd

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-4-2

Thanks.
17.30.1029 crimson beta

But I had to lower the mem speed from 2020-2080 to 2000 in all cards. If mem speed if higher the same situation shows up.

This crimson driver seems to be very sensible for modification of gpu voltage, memspeed parameters, so after each modification system restart is needed if some cards shows 0mh/s.

And don't forget to turn off automatic windows driver update with gpedit - win10 is keen to update this driver asap.

This means 29.9 mh/s for now instead of 30.9 mh/s.

I will look for other options later.

Best Luck for you,

azza_

Thanks. Will try this.
Activity: 58

what ver. of drivers is it ? maybe i will download corect drivers from source site ?

for windows 10 from official suite amd

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-4-2
Activity: 7
17.30.1029 crimson beta

But I had to lower the mem speed from 2020-2080 to 2000 in all cards. If mem speed if higher the same situation shows up.

This crimson driver seems to be very sensible for modification of gpu voltage, memspeed parameters, so after each modification system restart is needed if some cards shows 0mh/s.

And don't forget to turn off automatic windows driver update with gpedit - win10 is keen to update this driver asap.

This means 29.9 mh/s for now instead of 30.9 mh/s.

Later I will take a look at other options.

Best Luck for you,

azza_

I would like to report an issue:

rx570 4GB cards with tuned bios, win10, latest AMD driver (adrenalin 20.7.2) - no mining after changing epoch to #352

Only first card shows 10 mh/s, the others fixed at 0 mh/s.

Normally around 30mh/s.

update: First test shows that lowering memory speed and getting back to very old crimson beta driver helps for now, at the cost of 3-5% lower performance. Memory usage around 3,895 MB

HWinfo shows that old driver is using around 27-29 MB of dynamic D3D memory while new driver is using more then 130 MB, at least for me.

What ver. of drivers youre using ?

So last night my internet went out for a few hours and when it came back 4/5 of my amd rx480  rigs were mining at 0mh/s.  Windows 10 was popping up errors about how it prevent a program from using the graphic cards.  I assume this is a DAG issue.  But why would it happen after my internet went out? I tried to uninstall and reinstall 20.x amd drivers and pixel patch it with no fix.  Any tips?

Thanks
phoenixminer 5.1b + driver 20.4.2 + patcher 1.4.7 - work up to 374 epoch on windows 10
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
So last night my internet went out for a few hours and when it came back 4/5 of my amd rx480  rigs were mining at 0mh/s.  Windows 10 was popping up errors about how it prevent a program from using the graphic cards.  I assume this is a DAG issue.  But why would it happen after my internet went out? I tried to uninstall and reinstall 20.x amd drivers and pixel patch it with no fix.  Any tips?

Thanks

Pages:
Jump to: