Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 467. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Having problems with dual mining ETH wit dcr..dcr s not getting connected to the pool..til this morning it was running fine...any changes into settings..can anybody let me know..

Did you check if the pool is up? Because I updated to the las claymore version 10.5 and I do dual mining (ETH + DCR) and everything is fine.

I’m using coinmine.pl for DCR.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Hi guys,

I'm having problems with my sapphire RX580 nitro+, 8g  where the hashrate goes down to 20MH/s from time to time (each 20s- 1 minute)

Here is my config :

- Claymore 10.0 ( tried 10.3 but same issue ). Eheruem mining only.
- 4 x Sapphire RX580 nitro+, 8g .
- Windows 10 pro.
- amd block chain driver Augst23.
- MSI after burner for over clocking (memory 2250, Core 1400).

the logs seems okey to me, but I'll put them below maybe u find something I missed

Code:
20:35:17:637	4ec	ETH: 01/11/18-20:35:17 - New job from eu1.ethermine.org:14444
20:35:17:637 4ec target: 0x0000000112e0be82 (diff: 4000MH), epoch 163(2.27GB)
20:35:17:637 4ec ETH - Total Speed: 127.518 Mh/s, Total Shares: 5212, Rejected: 0, Time: 47:00
20:35:17:637 4ec ETH: GPU0 31.875 Mh/s, GPU1 31.895 Mh/s, GPU2 31.853 Mh/s, GPU3 31.895 Mh/s
20:35:22:106 4ec send: {"id":6,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"eth_submitHashrate","params":["0x7992b40", "0x00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000087ce52f"]}

anyhelp would be much appreciated

I think that are you putting so much power in your GPUs and for some reason the speed drops... what kind of PSU do you have, maybe is something with the energy supply from the PSU... I have 3 rigs with those cards, and my perfect conf was 1250 2250... depending of the GPU I need to put less power as 1200 2000 or 1150 2150.

Thank you for the reply. I'm using Seasonic P-860 Platinum 80PLUS Platinum (860W) with 4 GPU. I believe it's more than enough sense one GPU is consuming around 145W.

Can you share your setup ? are u running them at 31.8... MHash/s !

In each rig I have 2 psu EVGA 750w Gold, supplying power for 8 GPUs. So to achieve the best config, I modded the bios (there are a plenty of places to download the bios for theses cards) and with these setup:

cclock 1250, mclock 2250, cvdd 850 and mvdd 850

To run perfectly you need to put less voltage in your card, otherwise will stress a lot of your PSU... in you case, 4 GPUs consuming 145w is to much for this PSU, as the efficiency probably is not more than 90%.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Done some googling related to reported and effective hashrate reports in ethermine pool. The conclusion still clouded with network, fees and luck factor. At the end its not convincing. in my case a difference of 200mh/s againts reported hashrate over effective average hashrate is just off the chart. is this normal?

For me Ethermine reported vs 24h average can easily go up to 10% difference.
If I'm seeing around 5% - that's good, as it almost never goes below 5% diff.
Stale, network issues, luck, fees, general pools lack of transparency...
Also the huge hashrate (what is it today 20-30% of global hash? ) of ethermine is not really for the benefit of decentralization. Even though the hash jumps around very fast.
Feels like there're now enough "intensives" to set up and maintain a node:)
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I have my rigs set to -ethi 16

What does it actually do with a higher number? Without stating the obvious!

From what I can see it gives a better hashrate but thats about it.
Can't say for high numbers, but the resulting difference between -ethi 8 and -ethi 16 is the no of submitted shares and hence - effective pool hashrate. I recall 16-vs-8 intensity gives 5-7% more shares per hour.
Claymore said above -ethi 8 increased shares is minimal, but stale shares increases a lot, so it's not profitable to use higher than -ethi 8

I see no difference in stale shares whether i use -ethi 8 or -ethi 16. I get about 6-8% stale regardless. My hashrate however is more stable and less erratic. It may be pure coincidence, but think i've found my sweet spot on my second rig, may change my first rig to this config too.

Rig 2 - 6 x RX480 Nitro+ 8gb, Adrenalin 17.12.2 drivers set in compute mode, Claymore 10.4, controlling clock, mem & voltages, running the oneclick Uber BIOS mods from 1500 straps (Polaris BIOS Editor 1.6.4)

Pulling just over 178.5Mh/s avg in the last 30 hours. 0 rejected shares. All cards run below 61c and fans run below 50% majority of the time. So nice & quiet!!

Broke my wattmeter so not sure what its pulling, but before it broke it was 840-850w.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Sorry for the noob question, is It possible dual mine eth + crea with Claymore dual miner?
If not, in the same rig but with two miner, is It possible? Link to howto?
Tnx

Yes with -di options, take note that it can be done with each card. Ex. in 4 GPU rig you can use or mine GPU0, GPU1 with ETH using Claymore, then GPU2 and GPU3 using EWBF miner mining ZEC
Activity: 10
trojan detected in latest 10.5 downloaded from mega / kaspersky in cuda 9.1 folder

any other antivirus scan all good???
T1
Activity: 6
Sorry for the noob question, is It possible dual mine eth + crea with Claymore dual miner?
If not, in the same rig but with two miner, is It possible? Link to howto?
Tnx
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
hello here, please ios there anyone who can put me through how to mine???

You must do some assignments, you have to be a technical guy at least to do a mining. do a lot of research like, what are cryptocurrencies? how does mining works? what is bitcoin? otherwise, mining is not for you.  Wink
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Claymore v10.0 &v9.1 are producing a 50 watt increase in any of my GPU's power consumption right at "create GPU buffer" during startup. To get this to happen I just need  to have GPU clock set to a certain speed. In the case of two of my 8GB ASUS Radeon RX580's that speed is:

GPU    normal           high          voltage
         power           power
 1     1000 MHz      1001 MHz      900mv
 2     1010 Mhz      1011 MHz      900mv

This issue is insensitive to the memory clock which has been the standard 2000 MHz through 2050 MHz.
I've had the issue with the standard BIOS and modified BIOS.
I only have Claymore v10.0 and v9.1 to test.
The issue is consistent, very repeatable. Operation is unchanging after startup.
I have to rigs suffering this issue, each has their own Radeon cards.

What's going on in GPU Buffer Creation that can trip up the GPU into higher power consumption?

Anyone experience this?

Dag creation is compute intensive, causing more power use, and possible instability on heavy undervolt. Mining Ethereum is memory intensive, so the actual GPU core is underutilized. This is intentional to be highly ASIC resistant. If PSU is underpowered, or DAG creation causes crash from undervolt, use this option (from OP....)

-lidag   low intensity mode for DAG generation, it can help with OC or weak PSU. Supported values are 0, 1, 2, 3, more value means lower intensity. Example: "-lidag 1".
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-lidag 1,0,3". Default value is "0" (no low intensity for DAG generation).

So creating DAG file would take a bit longer, but you don't get increased power usage for the ~5 seconds it takes.

wonderful explanation!

Yeah, it mostly makes sense. I'm sure though the power consumption increase during DAG creation can not be anywhere near 50W/GPU
In fact there's probably NO spike comparing to the regular mining.
What I'm sure though is that the GPU initialization by this miner may occasionally(?) run GPU through stages and voltages somewhat different from the set config.  
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I think the fixed share difficulty that Ethermine uses is too low for the 15 second block times since the Byzantium fork, which causes too many stale shares. I switched to Nanopool that uses a higher share difficulty and my estimated hashrate on Nanopool is much closer to my reported hash rate.

Activity: 37
Done some googling related to reported and effective hashrate reports in ethermine pool. The conclusion still clouded with network, fees and luck factor. At the end its not convincing. in my case a difference of 200mh/s againts reported hashrate over effective average hashrate is just off the chart. is this normal?

https://imgur.com/a/Tr0ot
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Claymore v10.0 &v9.1 are producing a 50 watt increase in any of my GPU's power consumption right at "create GPU buffer" during startup. To get this to happen I just need  to have GPU clock set to a certain speed. In the case of two of my 8GB ASUS Radeon RX580's that speed is:

power           power

This issue is insensitive to the memory clock which has been the standard 2000 MHz through 2050 MHz.
The issue is consistent, very repeatable. Operation is unchanging after startup.

What's going on in GPU Buffer Creation that can trip up the GPU into higher power consumption?

Anyone experience this?

Dag creation is compute intensive, causing more power use, and possible instability on heavy undervolt. Mining Ethereum is memory intensive, so the actual GPU core is underutilized. This is intentional to be highly ASIC resistant. If PSU is underpowered, or DAG creation causes crash from undervolt, use this option (from OP....)

-lidag   low intensity mode for DAG generation, it can help with OC or weak PSU. Supported values are 0, 1, 2, 3, more value means lower intensity. Example: "-lidag 1".
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-lidag 1,0,3". Default value is "0" (no low intensity for DAG generation).

So creating DAG file would take a bit longer, but you don't get increased power usage for the ~5 seconds it takes.

wonderful explanation!
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

power           power

Anyone experience this?

-lidag   low intensity mode for DAG generation, it can help with OC or weak PSU. Supported values are 0, 1, 2, 3, more value means lower intensity. Example: "-lidag 1".

Activity: 298
Merit: 100
any idea anyone?

21:03:26:881   1af0   watchdog - eminer thread hangs
21:03:26:881   1af0   watchdog - dminer thread hangs
21:03:26:881   1af0   em hbt: 144640, dm hbt: 144531, fm hbt: 12437,
21:03:26:881   1af0   Miner thread hangs, need to restart miner!
21:03:26:884   1af0   Rebooting
Activity: 1
1. CVE-2017-16929 works only if you specified -mport > 0 and don't use password (-mpsw). Also it can crash miner:

From History.txt:

v10.2
- fixed critical issues in remote management feature (attacker could crash miner even in read-only mode).

That was the last known security issue and it was fixed in v10.2 and above.

Here is my opinon:
Yes my miners have "remote management" feature that allows administrators to upload files, restart miners etc. It's not a vulnerability itself. Also I know that this feature can be used by attackers, therefore by default miner uses "read-only" mode which ignores all commands except "miner_getstat1" (I mean recent versions of my miners, very old versions have no "read-only mode"). User must specify "-mport" option and positive port manually to enable potentially dangerous commands. Also I added "-mpsw" option that allows users to set a password for remote management. Also miner shows warning during startup if "read-only" mode is disabled and -mpsw is missed. Also I added necessary information to Readme file. And, of course, it's bad idea to make these ports public, they must be used in local network only, "-mport" option can expose the port to specified network interface only.
To make this feature dangerous, user must do the following:
1. Disable "read-mode", ignore miner warning.
2. Ignore "-mpsw", i.e. don't set a password, again ignore miner warning.
3. Expose the port(s) to internet.
So, in my opinion, I did everything to make this feature safe as much as possible, but some users have no idea/knowledge what they do when they change default settings.

• cve-2017-16929 - authenticated directory traversal - as statet in the advisory (link) requires remote mgmt enabled (write) and you need the password if set
  • cve-2017-16930 - unauthenticated buffer overflow - as statet in the advisory (link) requires remote mgmt enabled; read-only is also affected; attacker does not need to have a password; This case "could cause a crash" (best case) whereas one would likely aim for remote code execution to hijack the process (shellcode -> exploit; worst case; consider your machine compromised if your vulnerable version was reachable from the internet).

Activity: 5
Very quick question,
Been setting up my Rig which so far is going pretty well

44 m/h on Vega 64
30.5 m/g on Saphire Pulse 4gb rx 580

Though when i dual mine, the Vega drops to ~43 but the RX 580 drops to 23 M/h

What i am seeking help with is in the dual miner, only using the Vega to do this.

I have tried di - 0 after the SIA pool, but it limits all mining to the single card.
I have tried running 2 x Instances, but i get the message the port is in use, which makes sense.

So could anyone help me in configuring claymore to dual mine on the Vega "di - 0" but still dual GPU eth.

Give this a try @sexontoast

di - 0,0

With 2 GPUs, you might have luck setting them individually.
Also, you can set the mode to ETH only, but you'd have to check the readme.txt as I'm not remembering the setting -ETH 1 maybe?
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
i noticed this from the OP
- now miner shows a warning if you specified default ETH wallet (from default start.bat).

i am wondering now am i not suppose to put my wallet address in the start.bat and instead put it in the config file
Activity: 31
hello here, please ios there anyone who can put me through how to mine???
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
Very quick question,
Been setting up my Rig which so far is going pretty well

44 m/h on Vega 64
30.5 m/g on Saphire Pulse 4gb rx 580

Though when i dual mine, the Vega drops to ~43 but the RX 580 drops to 23 M/h

What i am seeking help with is in the dual miner, only using the Vega to do this.

I have tried di - 0 after the SIA pool, but it limits all mining to the single card.
I have tried running 2 x Instances, but i get the message the port is in use, which makes sense.

So could anyone help me in configuring claymore to dual mine on the Vega "di - 0" but still dual GPU eth.

Activity: 11

power           power

Anyone experience this?
Jump to: