Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 480. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello,

how can i stop claymore disconnecting me from pascal nanopool when to many shares rejected? i use dual miner eth+pasc.
Activity: 18
Hey guys,

how do you manage to mine using the new 17.12.2 AMD drivers?
I currently use the driver from July (if I'm not wrong), the one someone published on this or another forum with the tag "dag_fix_beta" and which you have to install via device manager.

I was looking for informations about new AMD drivers and how they perform with mining.
Here I read that people have 30+ MH/s using the new release and that you need Claymore 10.3, so I got both, installed 17.12.2 and applied the atikmdag-patcher 1.4.6.
I've edited the BIOS of each of my mining RX580 cards, which probably many miners here did.

After rebooting and starting Clay 10.3 (downloaded it on Thursday), the 1st thing I noticed: the video card numbering is different to Clay 10.0 and 10.2.
I have 4 cards in the mining PC and use 3 of them for mining. Using the same batch file to start Claymore, it suddenly wants to mine with the 4th card, so I guess the clock and voltage values are applied to the wrong cards, too.
With older Claymore releases it works as it should and uses the correct cards.

the 2nd thing I saw: the temperature and fan information is still missing, though Claymore 10.3 was said to be updated to fix this Smiley
I mine using Win7 x64.

But the main problem I have is: The cards only mine with about 18 MH/s and with too much power, core temperature also is too high. Wattman shows options for voltage and core frequency settings which don't appear using the older Claymore versions, so I guess 10.3 does not apply the correct values to the cards? I think it doesn't apply ANY values to the cards because the clock/voltage values I use don't differ that much from card to card.

Having 17.12.2 installed I can't use older Claymore releases and 18 MH/s are no option for me, so I went back to the manually installed mentioned dag_fix_beta driver above. I cannot start Wattman anymore because it crashes with this driver installed, but I can mine again at 30+ MH/s and older Claymore miner.

How did you manage to use the new AMD driver and mine at 30+ with undervolting (and edited BIOS)?

BTW: I also see no option to set the cards to compute/mining mode in the AMD Radeon settings, so I added the KMD_EnableInternalLargePage(2) line to every card in the registry which had no effect at all.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Hi, I'm new to mine
and I have no knowledge of how to start ...
I already have my gpu to mine but I do not know where to start, someone could help me please.
Thank you
It depends on what you are going to mine and what for. Also coin selection depends on your hardware (GPU) and total hash power (number of GPUs).

If mine and dump, then:

1) Register on some exchange like Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitfinex or any other of your choice.
2) Go to deposits for the coin you want to mine (say, ETH) and write down your personal deposit address.
3) Read the README for the miner (1st message of this thread or download Claymore's miner and read the README).
4) Start it to see if it mines on your system. If not, fix hardware/driver problems.
5) Choose a mining pool to mine at (again, many examples are in the README).
6) Write a command line with your pool and your deposit address (update example).
7) Run miner and check if it mines and if coins are credited to the pool.
8 ) Wait for minimum payout amount and see how coins are transferred from the pool to the exchange you have address from.
9) After coins are deposited, you may sell/buy them and/or withdraw to somewhere to get real cash.

It's all is easy, isn't it?

The most interesting part just start here: optimising the system to get maximum performance and lowest power consumption, still being stable and not overheated. Then you may play with clock frequencies and voltage levels. Next step is to alter your GPU BIOS and change timings and something else to squeeze even more juice from your rig.
Activity: 1
Hi, I have problem with starting ethdcrminer64:  (last version 10.3, on CentOS 7)

I use this:
ethdcrminer64 -epool eth.f2pool.com:8080 -ewal 0xMYAPIKEY -epsw x -eworker 001

this command ends with error:

This pool (eth.f2pool.com) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
Please read "Readme" file for details.This pool (eth.f2pool.com) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
Please read "Readme" file for details.Pool eth.f2pool.com removed from the list
ETH: No pools specified! Specify at least one valid pool in "-epool" parameter.

So I tried:
ethdcrminer64 -epool eth.f2pool.com:8080 -ewal 0x38e814487312a22fa2f0cfcf5f4b6cf2 -epsw x -eworker 001 -allpools 1

I ends with error:
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":2,"result":false,"error":null}

My API key is 100% right. I followed Readme!!!.txt, where is example login to f2pool

But nothing is worked. Thank you for help.
Has anyone noticed the payout on Dwarfpool have dropped dramatically over the past week?  Seems like the drop in productivity is higher than the rate of difficulty increase.  I recently switched from the European server to the US server and I am trying to figure out if that had anything to do with it.  Thoughts?
Would be good to compare with other pools regarding their hash/blocks ratio. Total Dwarfpool hashrate was almost the same, but average number of blocks found decreased. I don't think it's this pool only issue. But to be sure makes sense to compare with other pools. You don't have to mine there, just compare their hash/blocks ration changes for a week.
Hello.

What dcri config do you use to get the best performance of ETH and SIA mining? I tested -dcri 15 and was good. Do you have any suggestion?

Ideally, you should be testing with the miner in operation, just use the + and - keys.

I think dcri 15 is a good value.

I made an Excel table where put hashrates for primary coins, secondary coin and power consumption from the wall. Then using current WhatToMine prices and changing dcri with +/- keys, I estimated revenues for every coins and summary. Then subtracted power costs and made profitability chart. It usually has an extremum point, that point is the answer to your question.

This consumes some time, but in the end you know your rig performance for different dcri values and anytime can update to current values from WTM to tune your system.
I have been running with the onboard video disabled in the motherboard BIOS.  Using GPU0 as primary display in the 16x slot.   Running 10.3(.1?) and have the same issues.  Appreciate everyone trying to help.
No idea then. Was it ok some day before?

Sometimes AMD drivers do weird things. I may suggest to uninstall all drivers using DDU utility (display driver uninstaller), reboot and install them again. Sometimes such things help.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
Hello.

What dcri config do you use to get the best performance of ETH and SIA mining? I tested -dcri 15 and was good. Do you have any suggestion?

Ideally, you should be testing with the miner in operation, just use the + and - keys.

I think dcri 15 is a good value.
Activity: 42
Greetings to everyone!
There is a pretty new anonymous cryptocoin that may have a great future, being ASIC resistant and based on the EQUIHASH algorithm.
Is called BitcoinZ and is inspired from ZCash. Here is a video about it and an interactive explanation of the zkSNARKS algorithm:

https://youtu.be/3hVG888tOpY

If you have some free time, please check it out!
Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
Is it possible to mine eth classic, eth, and eth zero (future) at the same time just like dual mining? *just curious

No. You can mine only coins with different algo.

----
BTC
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
I have a problem with the hashrate drop on my RX480 4GB cards (Win 10, beta Blockchain drivers). Driver updates are disabled, all GPUs show 100% OK in Device Manager.
They were hashing at 28-29 MH/s until last week. Now they push only 26-26.5 MH/s at the same algo/coin/frequencies and voltages and the power draw is ~10% lower than earlier.
Thoughts?
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Is it possible to mine eth classic, eth, and eth zero (future) at the same time just like dual mining? *just curious
Activity: 32
I have 6 RX 580 and 5 GTX 1070, using AMD Radeon Beta Blockchain driver. 

I have AB installed.  Forgot which version.

Used to be, I have Claymore undervolt AMDs and AB powerlimit Nvidias.  Using Claymore to undervolt AMDs since powerlimit in RXs greyed out.  Which works out fine for me.

I restarted my rig today, and it informed me that AB has some update.  It didn't ask to install, instead, I thought it was a simple notification.  After which, AB can adjust powerlimit for RX already today.  My power usage shoot up, and my claymore undervolt settings no longer working. 

I am thinking uninstall AB, and reinstall old version, 4.3.0?  So as RX powerlimit stays greyed out?  And again use Claymore to undervolt?  Will this work?
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
Anyone having this issue?

Temperature control thread hangs, need to restart miner!

Using 10.3 Claymore
Windows 10 pro Updated
2x RX 580 4gb Sapphire
Latest Drivers from AMD - Compute mode

Is it the 511 error? If yes, probably is the energy from psu that connect to the risers. Try to change all the set (riser and the psu cable).
Activity: 59
Has anyone noticed the payout on Dwarfpool have dropped dramatically over the past week?  Seems like the drop in productivity is higher than the rate of difficulty increase.  I recently switched from the European server to the US server and I am trying to figure out if that had anything to do with it.  Thoughts?

I've noticed this as well, it's been getting worse and worse each day.

Im having the same issue  Huh

seems we have to move to another pool, which one should be fine?
Activity: 1
Hi, I'm new to mine
and I have no knowledge of how to start ...
I already have my gpu to mine but I do not know where to start, someone could help me please.
Thank you
Activity: 686
Merit: 140
Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!
Thanks for Linux version
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
Anyone having this issue?

Temperature control thread hangs, need to restart miner!

Using 10.3 Claymore
Windows 10 pro Updated
2x RX 580 4gb Sapphire
Latest Drivers from AMD - Compute mode
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
Noob question

if I mine ZCASH using the Dual Ethereum miner (not in dual mode) or if I use the  Claymore's ZCash/BTG GPU Miner v12.6 will I have the same speed results? Or one could be faster than the other?

thanks!!
Jump to: