Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 52. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 106
First off:

I'M A TOTAL NOOB, when it comes to mining.

So I have a gaming PC which I'm trying to mine on.

CPU: Ryzen 3900x
GPU: RTX 2070 super

Have been mining on Nicehash and was pleased in the beginning. Now i'm just getting half of the hashrate I have 2 weeks before (not accounting for the latest price drop), it's the amount of satoshi which have dropped 50%!

Would like to mine with claymore now and earn some ETH, but don't find the guide easy for a noob to follow. Could anyone send a link or direct me to a more noob friendly guide or youtube video? Have tried on youtube but the steps are quit different since they are 1 year old...

Does anyone know a good guide I can follow to setup my gaming pc to run on claymore?

PS: Don't tell me it's not profitable because you don't know the electricity rate i'm paying. So please leave that out, I want to mine for whatever reason and it's not just profit driven.

There are examples in readme.txt
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
First off:

I'M A TOTAL NOOB, when it comes to mining.

So I have a gaming PC which I'm trying to mine on.

CPU: Ryzen 3900x
GPU: RTX 2070 super

Have been mining on Nicehash and was pleased in the beginning. Now i'm just getting half of the hashrate I have 2 weeks before (not accounting for the latest price drop), it's the amount of satoshi which have dropped 50%!

Would like to mine with claymore now and earn some ETH, but don't find the guide easy for a noob to follow. Could anyone send a link or direct me to a more noob friendly guide or youtube video? Have tried on youtube but the steps are quit different since they are 1 year old...

Does anyone know a good guide I can follow to setup my gaming pc to run on claymore?

PS: Don't tell me it's not profitable because you don't know the electricity rate i'm paying. So please leave that out, I want to mine for whatever reason and it's not just profit driven.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
hi
i have a wierd problem and i cant fix it a try everything change riser and card the problem not solved reinstall driver setting everithing again

the problem the gpu 0 is not mining 0.100-1.1 mhs the speed only wierd thing the gpu0 dag creation time 27700 ms, other card aprox 8000 ms and all time gpu 0 setting last, the miner

asrock btc h 81 2.0 8 gb ram 5x rx 470 4 gb sapphire riser etc.

two rig same problem i use dummy plug gpu 0

i try without oc not working

oh i mine etc only

thank you

Try to use integrated graphic, no dummy, compute mode
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
PROGPOW HAS NOT BEEN IMPLEMENTED FOR ETHEREUM--

If there is a new coin using ProgPow, it will have a new (small) DAG.  ProgPow was derived from Ethereum code, and will inherit the Ethereum DAG:

QUOTE: "ProgPOW will Inherit Eth-Hash current DAG size meaning 2GB and 3GB will not be able to mine still. Additionally no advantage is given to Either Nvidia or AMD GPUs."

LINK:https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/adv4fo/what_is_progpow_why_ethereum_needs_it_moving/

Coins like BitCoinInterest (BCI), Super Zero (SERO), and Zano (ZANO) use ProgPow, but they are not Ethereum (ETH) and do not have the blockchain history of the coin with the volume and popularity of ETH.

I asked OhGodAGirl about this item a few days ago, she informed me.  She was a developer of ProgPow.  I myself was really curious because of the discussion going on between the various Ethereum developers.  Do a search on the subject.

--scryptr

PROGPOW USES THE SAME DAG FILE AS THE CURRENT DAG FILE--

For ETH mining, the DAG file will be unchanged even if the Ethereum project switches to ProgPoW.  ProgPoW was derived from the ETH algorithm, and the DAG file will be continued if and when ProgPoW becomes the ETH algorithm after an approved fork.       --scryptr

You will be able to run 4gb cards on eth using linux approx to the end of this year, but we are waiting for the prognpow right? So there will be some changes regarding those news
And the 4gb cards at the end of the mining era on eth will be able to mine some other algo, so, I’m not worried at all
I wish Mr @Claymore make best ProgPow miner )

yes but I thought the dag file would be similar to when eth first started (much smaller)

ProgPOW does NOT have a dag file (atleast not one that is in any way similar to the Eth DAG file) and works on ALL GPU's 2GB and above. I do not know why people who do not know what ProgPOW is or how it works continue to spread misinformation on forum threads.
There are test clients and solvers out there, as well as other "coins" that use ProgPOW already people, atleast do some testing if you are unsure instead of spreading misinformation.
Activity: 221
Merit: 12
Activity: 82
Merit: 3
These are certainly strange times.

If you have idle hardware, consider donating computing power to folding@home. Research on the Corona virus is at the top of their priority list.

https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/
Activity: 58
Merit: 5
I´ve got so many rejected shares, caused by the not connectable Fee Server?

And by the way, is the project dead?
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

For ETH mining, the DAG file will be unchanged even if the Ethereum project switches to ProgPoW.  ProgPoW was derived from the ETH algorithm, and the DAG file will be continued if and when ProgPoW becomes the ETH algorithm after an approved fork.       --scryptr

You will be able to run 4gb cards on eth using linux approx to the end of this year, but we are waiting for the prognpow right? So there will be some changes regarding those news
And the 4gb cards at the end of the mining era on eth will be able to mine some other algo, so, I’m not worried at all

yes but I thought the dag file would be similar to when eth first started (much smaller)

ProgPOW does NOT have a dag file (atleast not one that is in any way similar to the Eth DAG file) and works on ALL GPU's 2GB and above. I do not know why people who do not know what ProgPOW is or how it works continue to spread misinformation on forum threads.
There are test clients and solvers out there, as well as other "coins" that use ProgPOW already people, atleast do some testing if you are unsure instead of spreading misinformation.
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

legendary

Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
@Claymore, something is happening with DevFee since DwarfPool is closed.

How can you still mine with 4gb cards?
I thought that dag was at least 3.51gb now?
Unless you're using an OS other than Windows.
I ran tests with different epoch numbers using -benchmark #epoch option. ETH on Windows 10 with 4 Gb card will die ~ in july

legendary
DWARFPOOL CLOSING AFFECTS HASH RATE--

When it is time for devfee, there is no possible DwarfPool login.  This , I believe, affects miner performance.

My 1080ti was solid at ~50MH/s until this occurred.  Now, it mines 5-7 MH/s less. @CLAYMORE , any plans to work this over in your code?

--scryptr

I ran tests with different epoch numbers using -benchmark #epoch option. ETH on Windows 10 with 4 Gb card will die ~ in july
Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Activity: 180
Merit: 10
hi
i have a wierd problem and i cant fix it a try everything change riser and card the problem not solved reinstall driver setting everithing again

the problem the gpu 0 is not mining 0.100-1.1 mhs the speed only wierd thing the gpu0 dag creation time 27700 ms, other card aprox 8000 ms and all time gpu 0 setting last, the miner

oh i mine etc only

thank you

Activity: 72
hi

oh i mine etc only

thank you

Activity: 152
Merit: 8

PS2: Checked with other famous miner ( well you know). fanmin works ( so its not driver issue). Mr. Claymore , do something.

Claymore hasn't even logged on in 4 months. I doubt he'll log on just to respond to you.

I suggest that you just move on with the "other famous miner" software. Sorry.

Pity.
Activity: 180

PS2: Checked with other famous miner ( well you know). fanmin works ( so its not driver issue). Mr. Claymore , do something.

Claymore hasn't even logged on in 4 months. I doubt he'll log on just to respond to you.

I suggest that you just move on with the "other famous miner" software. Sorry.
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hello again friends!

Long time ago noticed that fanmin ontion dont work. It wasnt problem cause i put big FAN toward the rig and its fine.

But..... now i decided to solve this question.

Tested on rx 470 570 480 . Same thing.

Win10 , diffeent drivers, different CM.

Anyone had this issue ?

P.S. Got cooler MSI RX 480 . With undervolting it stays under 60 deg. and fans go on go off , go on go off. And so on....... Not happy Sad

Any ideas ?

Notised its about MSI's . Other GPU's like Giga, Sapphire , HIS works fine with fanmin.
MSI uses slow and big fans...try higher value for fanmin, double than you wanted

Well, checked that. Now then GPUs needs to cool down from 0 fanspeed, it starts to run at fanmin . Then go off again at 59C temp. So fanmin works somehow on MSIs, but not as desired.

P.S. Wolkthrou is to disable ZeroRPM in Drivers option. But fans starts to spin at not wanted speed like 40-60% . Well, good for now but Claymore should do someth. with that. He takes fee for his soft.

staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4111
Crypto Swap Exchange
Anyone know what wrong with Minerpoolhub?

2-3 days ago cannot connect to server.

ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to asia.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to asia.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535
ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'asia.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com' <185.53
.91.60> port 20535 (SSL/TLS)
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'asia.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com' <185.53.91.60>
port 20535 (unsecure)

Huh Huh Huh

Just try to switch to another one host: us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com or europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com
The best place to ask such questions is their topic: [ANN][POOL] Mining Pool Hub - Multipool. Multialgo, Auto Exchange to any coin.
Pages:
Jump to: