Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 51. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 102
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Activity: 221
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
Hi,
Any idea why EthMan Remote Manager does not show GPUs temperature for some rigs?
It shows the values in other columns, like name, ethereum stats, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to come back, anybody has an idea on this?
I google it but couldn't found anything.

Thanks.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 321
DevFee run on DwarfPool but this pool does not work any longer, so Claymore mistakenly signalises I am using "local proxy". Please check and delete those pools no longer working when you use to run DevFee.
https://imgur.com/PI6mOwC
https://imgur.com/c6IEibN

Unfortunately Claymore is not seen on forum for almost half a year, so those kind of errors will
be seen more and more as time passes...of course, maybe he's working on something and will
come back soon
Activity: 238
Merit: 3

increase your pagefile size and don't connect your display to any GPU that is busy with mining,

Thanks for your response, but my virtual mem is, and has always been increased appropriately.   Also, I have been using TeamViewer to remotely connect, therefore there's no monitor connected to the unit.

I should have added that they're 4gb cards, but to my understanding they work fine mining ETH still - 5 of my other 4gb cards in that rig are all running as they should.
are you on Windows, and is your integrated GPU enabled?
if not then Windows will reserve some amount of RAM on GPU0 and it may show decreased performance or fail to mine at all.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0

increase your pagefile size and don't connect your display to any GPU that is busy with mining,

Thanks for your response, but my virtual mem is, and has always been increased appropriately.   Also, I have been using TeamViewer to remotely connect, therefore there's no monitor connected to the unit.

I should have added that they're 4gb cards, but to my understanding they work fine mining ETH still - 5 of my other 4gb cards in that rig are all running as they should.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

I have a situation with one of my RX480's on GPU0 all of a sudden giving me only 2 mh/s on the latest Claymore miner, as well as during a test using PhoenixMiner.  

A few hours ago I was getting 31 mh/s for quite some time with absolutely no issues at all.

Since I've discovered this problem, I've made sure it was in compute mode (it was), I've properly removed and updated drivers.  

I've even reverted my card back to it's stock bios.   None of this has given me my precious 31 mh/s back, sadly.

Strange thing is, if I disable compute mode, while enabling graphics mode, I get a max of 12 mh/s on that card.   Compute mode only gives me 2 mh/s, no matter what stock/bios modded, tweaks I do.

What do you folks think is the problem here?    If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Perhaps the riser is crapping out on me?

Cheers.

Activity: 49
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

I have a situation with one of my RX480's on GPU0 all of a sudden giving me only 2 mh/s on the latest Claymore miner, as well as during a test using PhoenixMiner.  

A few hours ago I was getting 31 mh/s for quite some time with absolutely no issues at all.

Since I've discovered this problem, I've made sure it was in compute mode (it was), I've properly removed and updated drivers.  

I've even reverted my card back to it's stock bios.   None of this has given me my precious 31 mh/s back, sadly.

Strange thing is, if I disable compute mode, while enabling graphics mode, I get a max of 12 mh/s on that card.   Compute mode only gives me 2 mh/s, no matter what stock/bios modded, tweaks I do.

What do you folks think is the problem here?    If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Perhaps the riser is crapping out on me?

Cheers.
Activity: 3
DevFee run on DwarfPool but this pool does not work any longer, so Claymore mistakenly signalises I am using "local proxy". Please check and delete those pools no longer working when you use to run DevFee.
https://imgur.com/PI6mOwC
https://imgur.com/c6IEibN
Activity: 2
Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version is v14.7 - Supercharged Edition:

-
-platform   selects GPUs manufacturer. 1 - use AMD GPUs only. 2 - use NVIDIA GPUs only. 3 - use both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. Default value is "3".

The option -platform doesn't work correctly when mixing two AMD platforms, vega20 and polaris10 in my case.

- If Radevon VII only, claymore sees them.
- If Radeon VII and RX570, claymore see only rx570 platform  <- Here uis the bug. We cannot use claymore with two differents AMD platforms at the same time.

Any solution to this issue?
Can't mine with a mix of 580s and Viis
However Nvd and Vii mix works fine.

Previously, I had some experience in ProgPoW programming and can confirm that the DAG is 100% identical with Ethereum.

Size also matters though.

BCI grows slowly and remains small if I am not mixing coins.
SERO on the other hand already has significant DAG size.
Bci epoch consists of 2800 blocks and the block time is about 12 minutes. It is in about 30th epoch and the dag was very small then. The Progpow implementations are also different for the different coins. The Progpow code changes on every 2800 blocks (1 epoch) for BCI and on every 50 blocks for Ethereum. You can't copy and past without modifications the bci implementation of Progpow  and to use it for the proposed Ethereum implementation. Ethereum implementation takes directly first 16KB from the dag for the ProgPoW internal cache. On the other side Bci takes every first 256 bytes from every 512 bytes repeatedly from the beginning of the dag until it gets 16KB. The number of internal calculational loops are also different. Usually you will mine progpow with 8MH/s for amd rx570/580 and 11MH/s for gtx 1070. Nvidia has significant advantage. I suppose that they are involved in progpow promotion.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Previously, I had some experience in ProgPoW programming and can confirm that the DAG is 100% identical with Ethereum.

Size also matters though.

BCI grows slowly and remains small if I am not mixing coins.
SERO on the other hand already has significant DAG size.
I AM NOT A LIAR--

QUOTE: OhGodAGirl03/12/2020
"@scryptr The DAG is identical to Ethash. We do not modify it."

Sorry, I have no reason to lie.  I am not holding any ETH currently.       --scryptr

Coins like BitCoinInterest (BCI), Super Zero (SERO), and Zano (ZANO) use ProgPow, but they are not Ethereum (ETH) and do not have the blockchain history of the coin with the volume and popularity of ETH.
You do not seem to even understand the difference between an asset token and the blockchain its running on, I see no point in trying to have an educated discussion with you.
I asked OhGodAGirl about this item a few days ago, she informed me.
You're lying here bud, because Kristy, if you had spoken to her, would have told you how wrong you were.

Activity: 29
Merit: 1
Hi,
Any idea why EthMan Remote Manager does not show GPUs temperature for some rigs?
It shows the values in other columns, like name, ethereum stats, etc.

Thanks in advance.

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
I AM NOT A LIAR--

QUOTE: OhGodAGirl03/12/2020
"@scryptr The DAG is identical to Ethash. We do not modify it."

Sorry, I have no reason to lie.  I am not holding any ETH currently.       --scryptr

Coins like BitCoinInterest (BCI), Super Zero (SERO), and Zano (ZANO) use ProgPow, but they are not Ethereum (ETH) and do not have the blockchain history of the coin with the volume and popularity of ETH.
You do not seem to even understand the difference between an asset token and the blockchain its running on, I see no point in trying to have an educated discussion with you.
You're lying here bud, because Kristy, if you had spoken to her, would have told you how wrong you were.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Activity: 150
Today i quit claymore miner.
Why??? Because im tired of crashes unstable.this 30mhs s.it.i tried long time and doesnt help works for couple of days and crash.stupid miner. Phoenix working well 10days no crashes at all.
How did you survived until 2020 ?!  Huh
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
Today i quit claymore miner.
Why??? Because im tired of crashes unstable.this 30mhs s.it.i tried long time and doesnt help works for couple of days and crash.stupid miner. Phoenix working well 10days no crashes at all.
Activity: 2
First off:

I'M A TOTAL NOOB, when it comes to mining.

So I have a gaming PC which I'm trying to mine on.

CPU: Ryzen 3900x
GPU: RTX 2070 super

Have been mining on Nicehash and was pleased in the beginning. Now i'm just getting half of the hashrate I have 2 weeks before (not accounting for the latest price drop), it's the amount of satoshi which have dropped 50%!

Would like to mine with claymore now and earn some ETH, but don't find the guide easy for a noob to follow. Could anyone send a link or direct me to a more noob friendly guide or youtube video? Have tried on youtube but the steps are quit different since they are 1 year old...

Does anyone know a good guide I can follow to setup my gaming pc to run on claymore?

PS: Don't tell me it's not profitable because you don't know the electricity rate i'm paying. So please leave that out, I want to mine for whatever reason and it's not just profit driven.

There are examples in readme.txt

OK
Pages:
Jump to: