Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 53. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hello again friends!

Long time ago noticed that fanmin ontion dont work. It wasnt problem cause i put big FAN toward the rig and its fine.

But..... now i decided to solve this question.

Tested on rx 470 570 480 . Same thing.

Win10 , diffeent drivers, different CM.

Anyone had this issue ?

P.S. Got cooler MSI RX 480 . With undervolting it stays under 60 deg. and fans go on go off , go on go off. And so on....... Not happy Sad

Any ideas ?

Notised its about MSI's . Other GPU's like Giga, Sapphire , HIS works fine with fanmin.
MSI uses slow and big fans...try higher value for fanmin, double than you wanted

Well, checked that. Now then GPUs needs to cool down from 0 fanspeed, it starts to run at fanmin . Then go off again at 59C temp. So fanmin works somehow on MSIs, but not as desired.

P.S. Wolkthrou is to disable ZeroRPM in Drivers option. But fans starts to spin at not wanted speed like 40-60% . Well, good for now but Claymore should do someth. with that. He takes fee for his soft.
Hello People!

WTF is that ?

DevFee: failed to mine for a long time, something is wrong, "nofee" mode is enabled until successful devfee mining.
Cannot resolve 'etc-eu1.nanopool.org'
ETH: Stratum - Cannot connect to etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999
DevFee: ETH: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...

2 rigs shows it

P.S. Worker digs also at etc-eu1.nanopool.org:19999 and works fine.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
Hello again friends!

Long time ago noticed that fanmin ontion dont work. It wasnt problem cause i put big FAN toward the rig and its fine.

Anyone had this issue ?

P.S. Got cooler MSI RX 480 . With undervolting it stays under 60 deg. and fans go on go off , go on go off. And so on....... Not happy Sad

Any ideas ?

Notised its about MSI's . Other GPU's like Giga, Sapphire , HIS works fine with fanmin.
MSI uses slow and big fans...try higher value for fanmin, double than you wanted
Hello again friends!

Anyone had this issue ?

Any ideas ?

Activity: 221
Merit: 12
How to Undervolt/OC and mine Ethereum with Navi 5700 (Tutorial) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhuDw8ui16A
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
if your win10 file doesn’t fit a dag file in a 470 4 GB card, restart the PC without a connected monitor. A few epoch can be done.

There is no problem with AMD 4GB at all. From DAG #380 it will be a problem (about nov/dec.)
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
if your win10 file doesn’t fit a dag file in a 470 4 GB card, restart the PC without a connected monitor. A few epoch can be done.
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
Anyone have a problem with radeon RX590 8Gb??
whatever driver I try I get the same error on win 10.

AMD OpenCL platform not found
No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
No AMD OPENCL or NVIDIA CUDA GPUs found, exit

Mod Bios on card? PIXEL CLOCK PATCHER!
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Anyone have a problem with radeon RX590 8Gb??
whatever driver I try I get the same error on win 10.

AMD OpenCL platform not found
No NVIDIA CUDA GPUs detected.
No AMD OPENCL or NVIDIA CUDA GPUs found, exit
Hello again friends!

Anyone had this issue ?

Put it to run @100% whatever the temperature is. I guess you will extend your GPU lifespan, however I recommend you to have some spare fan to replace just in case.

Well, its not im looking to. -fanmin exists, and must to work somehow.
I think its something about driver version. Claymore tested this on some drivers and it worked. From some version its not working or im missing something Smiley
Activity: 28
Hello again friends!

Anyone had this issue ?

Put it to run @100% whatever the temperature is. I guess you will extend your GPU lifespan, however I recommend you to have some spare fan to replace just in case.
Activity: 164
Merit: 13
Hi everyone!

Recently saw a lot of complains in that thread that 4gb cards cant mine etc.
I have couple of rigs with only 4 gb GPUs, win 10 , not using iGPU. Why im not affected ?

Yes 4GB AMD cards can mine ETC with windows 10. I have no problems at the moment. 4GB Nvidia cards can´t mine ETC on windows 10, because win10 uses more VRAM with Nvidia cards.

I have 2 4gb AMD cards and 2 8gb AMD cards - with one of my 8gb cards in the first pci slot and mine will not mine ETC with the 4gb cards on windows 10. Perhaps its different windows builds. I just upgraded my windows 10 a few weeks ago so I could run a newer net framework to toy with the newest nicehash miner. It's a different build number - perhaps it uses more GPU memory - just a theory...

But linux - no issues..yet
Hello again friends!

Anyone had this issue ?

Hi everyone!

I have couple of rigs with only 4 gb GPUs, win 10 , not using iGPU. Why im not affected ?

Yes 4GB AMD cards can mine ETC with windows 10. I have no problems at the moment. 4GB Nvidia cards can´t mine ETC on windows 10, because win10 uses more VRAM with Nvidia cards.

Ahhh, it was about Nvidia, now i see , 10x for the tip.
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
I don't know why but I'm not having these issues with DAG size.

I have 3 rigs each with 6 RX 580 4Gb running on Windows 10.

Maybe because I have Onboard video?

exactly
Activity: 164
Merit: 13
I think you use 4GB cards and win10. win10 reverse about 20% VRAM, and the dag file size now 3.49 GB. 3.49+20% = 4.18 GB, so your cards doesnt have enough VRAM. win7 reserve less, and linux a lot less. If you change the operating system you can mine a couple of months before the same error.

Correct, and another method you can use is to use a 8GB gpu along with your 4GB gpus. Basically put it in the PCIe 0 slot which is the main x16 PCIe 3.0 slot (usually the highest x16 slot in the motherboard except for x1/x4 slots) and you can put the rest of your 4GB gpus in the other slots.

When you start to mine most of the Win10 resources will go to the 8GB GDDR and the remaining GPUs won't need that much space, and you can get away for many a few more months.

Either way, ETH is going ProgPOW and you can mine with 4GB again (maybe).

I tried this and it didnt work for me, I have 2 8g rx480 and 2 4g 570's. I just switched over to a linux os - minerstat for me - no issues and faster mining speeds.
Activity: 28
I don't know why but I'm not having these issues with DAG size.

I have 3 rigs each with 6 RX 580 4Gb running on Windows 10.

Maybe because I have Onboard video?

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I think you use 4GB cards and win10. win10 reverse about 20% VRAM, and the dag file size now 3.49 GB. 3.49+20% = 4.18 GB, so your cards doesnt have enough VRAM. win7 reserve less, and linux a lot less. If you change the operating system you can mine a couple of months before the same error.

Correct, and another method you can use is to use a 8GB gpu along with your 4GB gpus. Basically put it in the PCIe 0 slot which is the main x16 PCIe 3.0 slot (usually the highest x16 slot in the motherboard except for x1/x4 slots) and you can put the rest of your 4GB gpus in the other slots.

When you start to mine most of the Win10 resources will go to the 8GB GDDR and the remaining GPUs won't need that much space, and you can get away for many a few more months.

Either way, ETH is going ProgPOW and you can mine with 4GB again (maybe).
Pages:
Jump to: