Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 556. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 256
Merit: 11
Hello. I am using claymore for dual mining for amd and nvidia cards at the same moment. In fact that nicehash DCR EU server fall a lot yesterday i added additional pools to Dpool file. But today i noticed that Nvidia card had problems with SIA pool and used additional pool from this file. So sure thing it couldnt mine SIA on DCR pool. Then i changed this file a bit. Can u tell me if i made it correct? Especially last part (dcoin dcr sc):

Code:
POOL: stratum+tcp://decred.usa.nicehash.com:3354, WALLET:3G2GAQW5GwAok3Ncifc7RZDBSDpwYVnpoR, PSW: x, ALLPOOLS: 1, -dcoin dcr
POOL: stratum+tcp://sia.usa.nicehash.com:3360, WALLET:3G2GAQW5GwAok3Ncifc7RZDBSDpwYVnpoR, PSW: x, ALLPOOLS: 1, -dcoin sc
POOL: stratum+tcp://sia.hk.nicehash.com:3360, WALLET:3G2GAQW5GwAok3Ncifc7RZDBSDpwYVnpoR, PSW: x, ALLPOOLS: 1, -dcoin sc
POOL: stratum+tcp://sia.br.nicehash.com:3360, WALLET:3G2GAQW5GwAok3Ncifc7RZDBSDpwYVnpoR, PSW: x, ALLPOOLS: 1, -dcoin sc
POOL: stratum+tcp://decred.br.nicehash.com:3354, WALLET:3G2GAQW5GwAok3Ncifc7RZDBSDpwYVnpoR, PSW: x, ALLPOOLS: 1, -dcoin dcr
POOL: stratum+tcp://decred.hk.nicehash.com:3354, WALLET:3G2GAQW5GwAok3Ncifc7RZDBSDpwYVnpoR, PSW: x, ALLPOOLS: 1, -dcoin dcr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
confirmed the wind 10 64 bit new drivers work for 10+ cards

I have a 10 GPU rig running now, what I did find is uninstalling afterburner first helps

also with so many GPU it would also sometimes hang on when u run claymore, I fixed this by using -gser 2 option

It still hangs when i try and dual mine so I need to do more tweaking.

ALso AMD settings and MSI after burner do not play nice togther, I decided to roll with wattman since I cannot set the voltages on this mortherboard

the ASUS 16 Slot one with MSI AB
Which GPU that you use on your rig?
pure AMD GPU  or mix with nvidia?

No all Rx570 and 470 mix , no nividia cards

Are you saying actually that you're running 10 AMD cards on WinX with "amd latest driver" - is this correct?
And if so what rates are you getting on ethash with this driver?

12 cards actually, just added two more this AM. and Yes thats correct.
hash rates are the same as block chain driver, the kicker is my systems are way more stable with this new driver

I had one rig of six R9 nano I upgraded to this new driver with modded evilop bios that used to crash one a day, its been two days with the new driver and its rock solid.

I also have not yet seen the issue i had before with the robin hood and beta blockchain driver where I would see hashrate of 8.33 or some crap sometimes, but its still
early.

Only issue with the new drivers is they can be hard to install, sometimes taking multiple DDU cleanings to install, and I HAD to remoVE AB.

I might install it back , becase wattman is crap
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
i dont know why, but we all pay fee since beginning. Fee no problem, but a little more faster updates and hash improvments would be fine!
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
I wrote on claymore's bat configuration -cclock 1400 the computer freeze and just with reset is rebooting. If i try to change this value with MSI AB is steel remain the default value 1340. With AMD drivers 23.20.782.0 ( 2.010.2017) is possible to change the gpu freq up to 1600 with MSI AB and the changes are semnificative ( 2-3 MH/s ).
Good luck killing your graphics cards!
Boy, how long ago have you heard first time about overclocking? Better sell away your rig and buy some Ether, you will earn more.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I was scratching my head unable to find the new AMD GPU Compute setting with the new driver. Seems it's not an isolated problem: https://community.amd.com/thread/221474
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
https://steemit.com/@bibi187
v10.1:

- now if miner has to recreate DAG for devfee, new DAG generation time will be included in devfee time.
- improved "-gser" option, now you can set custom delay between DAG generation on GPUs, check Readme for details.
- added detailed stats about rejected shares per GPU ("s" key).
- added "-logsmaxsize" option.
- fixed issues with "-r -1" option value.
- EthMan: added detailed stats mode in web server.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

@Claymore

Can you update ETHMAN in a way that he can control diferent miners (EX: 1 miner mine ETH other one ZCASH)

Yeap it would be nice if we can mine ETHASH algo + EQUIHASH algo, it seems that work.

But i bet you can improve this manual tweak!
Activity: 40
So i need to to set bios to factory so that it can pass signature check?

You need to patch the video drivers. Get the bios signature patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

Just to check if I understand it correctly. I need to install driver then patch the driver with signature patcher from that link. Does that patcher work for every driver? Mainly I want to get AMD Blockchain Workloads driver to work.

Works with AMD Blockchain driver as well as with new one.
Procedure:
1) clean you system with DDU and reboot
2) install new driver and don't reboot
3) run utility Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
4) and then restart the system

Thank you. I will try this today when I get home. One more question. Because i did not modded cards myself, I bought them like that from some guy, is there some way that I can find out what is factory settings for my cards?

You can find the memory type by reading from the BIOS.  Save the bios using atiflash and read it off from Polaris Bios Editor.  That would indicate the memory you have on the GPU.  You can google for the original BIOS for that brand, particular model and memory.

Thank you guys allot, you are the best Smiley Smiley I hope I will menage to try every suggestion today, if not I will definitely try it over the weekend and get back to you for the results.
Activity: 226
i wonder if gpustats could be integrated with claymore miner, so we have really good statiostics about which models what can achieve... probably it is possible
Activity: 441
Merit: 109
v10.0 (Windows Pro) blockchain driver 23 aug.

I have 6 AMD cards and thought yesterday to add -platform 1  in miner. I noticed after few hours that miner just froze.
Then the second time it closed! and also closed even afterburner... Is it possible is it related to -platform ? Windows seems not to be updated or driver changed....

Never had issues before and now I removed -platform 1 + QuickEdit Mode and Insert Mod unchecked in cmd = seems ok... ? Happened to anyone ? No problem for 3 months before.

What could it be ?
Activity: 729
Merit: 114

You need to patch the video drivers. Get the bios signature patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

Just to check if I understand it correctly. I need to install driver then patch the driver with signature patcher from that link. Does that patcher work for every driver? Mainly I want to get AMD Blockchain Workloads driver to work.

Procedure:

Thank you. I will try this today when I get home. One more question. Because i did not modded cards myself, I bought them like that from some guy, is there some way that I can find out what is factory settings for my cards?

You can find the memory type by reading from the BIOS.  Save the bios using atiflash and read it off from Polaris Bios Editor.  That would indicate the memory you have on the GPU.  You can google for the original BIOS for that brand, particular model and memory.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
v10.1:

- now if miner has to recreate DAG for devfee, new DAG generation time will be included in devfee time.
- improved "-gser" option, now you can set custom delay between DAG generation on GPUs, check Readme for details.

@Claymore

Can you update ETHMAN in a way that he can control diferent miners (EX: 1 miner mine ETH other one ZCASH)
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
@Claymore, thanks for the new version, will test it out.  A friendly word of advice ?  The file name on the folder/rar is wayyyyyyyyyyy too long Smiley  Just saying Smiley
Activity: 37
Hi,
please submit the updated new hashrates to gpustats.com
https://gpustats.com
Smiley
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v10.1:

Procedure:

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Inside the EthDcrMiner64.exe there is the admin password request there is no version without that?

It is an executable file that needs a user admin privilege, just ensure the windows user profile account belongs to administrator groups

patcher is needed when you mod your GPU bios. otherwise, you don't need it.

Activity: 27

Procedure:

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
confirmed the wind 10 64 bit new drivers work for 10+ cards

I have a 10 GPU rig running now, what I did find is uninstalling afterburner first helps

also with so many GPU it would also sometimes hang on when u run claymore, I fixed this by using -gser 2 option

It still hangs when i try and dual mine so I need to do more tweaking.

ALso AMD settings and MSI after burner do not play nice togther, I decided to roll with wattman since I cannot set the voltages on this mortherboard

the ASUS 16 Slot one with MSI AB
Which GPU that you use on your rig?
pure AMD GPU  or mix with nvidia?

No all Rx570 and 470 mix , no nividia cards

Are you saying actually that you're running 10 AMD cards on WinX with "amd latest driver" - is this correct?
And if so what rates are you getting on ethash with this driver?
Activity: 12
My configurations is : one Rx Sapphire 570 nitro+ OC mod with 1700 bios and blockchain AMD driver. mclock 2200 cclock 1340 ( default) 28MH/s (max ) on eth.

I wrote on claymore's bat configuration -cclock 1400 the computer freeze and just with reset is rebooting. If i try to change this value with MSI AB is steel remain the default value 1340. With AMD drivers 23.20.782.0 ( 2.010.2017) is possible to change the gpu freq up to 1600 with MSI AB and the changes are semnificative ( 2-3 MH/s ). How can i force this flag with command line on claymore start.bat ? It work on someone the -cclock settings?

And one more question : what is the role of the bios silent shitch ?

Thx.
Jump to: