Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 557. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
confirmed the wind 10 64 bit new drivers work for 10+ cards

I have a 10 GPU rig running now, what I did find is uninstalling afterburner first helps

also with so many GPU it would also sometimes hang on when u run claymore, I fixed this by using -gser 2 option

It still hangs when i try and dual mine so I need to do more tweaking.

ALso AMD settings and MSI after burner do not play nice togther, I decided to roll with wattman since I cannot set the voltages on this mortherboard

the ASUS 16 Slot one with MSI AB
Which GPU that you use on your rig?
pure AMD GPU  or mix with nvidia?

No all Rx570 and 470 mix , no nividia cards
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

I have a 10 GPU rig running now, what I did find is uninstalling afterburner first helps

also with so many GPU it would also sometimes hang on when u run claymore, I fixed this by using -gser 2 option

ALso AMD settings and MSI after burner do not play nice togther, I decided to roll with wattman since I cannot set the voltages on this mortherboard

Cheapest celeron available for your socket. 2GB RAM. Yes can mix cards.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Activity: 177
Merit: 2
So i need to to set bios to factory so that it can pass signature check?

You need to patch the video drivers. Get the bios signature patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
Activity: 15
Any idea why the miner would be causing an insane amount of mouse lag since that last Win10 update? I reinstalled the mouse drivers and it's definitely the miner.

Edit: When I stop mining on the GTX 1070 the RX 480s are lag free. It may be the last Nvidia driver...
Activity: 3
Inside the EthDcrMiner64.exe there is the admin password request there is no version without that?
Activity: 40
I have a problem with sapphire rx 480 4gb on windows 10 pro. When I install AMD Blockchain Workloads driver my computer does not recognize cards. Actually only driver that I found that recognize cards is "Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21"

Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be?

yes. your modded bios doesn't pass the signature checks. the bios sig check was turned off for versions 16.9.1 up to 16.12 by AMD

So i need to to set bios to factory so that it can pass signature check?

... since I cannot set the voltages on this mortherboard

Try OverDrivenTool
you have a link?

next you can simply try to search by google Smiley

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

---
BTC

Just scared of viruses , thanks I apreciate the link
Hello everybody!

I have an issue, I can' t start the EthDcrMiner64.exe, it crashes and auto-delete, there is no way to run on User instead of Admin? it request for admin privileges

any solutions?

turn of windows smartscreen

then add an exception for the claymore folder in the windows antivirus
Activity: 128
Merit: 10

Try OverDrivenTool
you have a link?

next you can simply try to search by google Smiley

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

---
BTC
Activity: 3
Hello everybody!

I have an issue, I can' t start the EthDcrMiner64.exe, it crashes and auto-delete, there is no way to run on User instead of Admin? it request for admin privileges

any solutions?

Try OverDrivenTool
you have a link?
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
well... apparently out of 8 cards (over 50*rx570 connected at the same time into almost identical environment & platforms) I have one or a neighboring pair of GPUs making issues [gpuz asic quality, nor mem errors, nor display/dummy all are no factors] the best way to stabilize it seems to keep cards at the same core(I do 1180) and preferably same voltage, lowering only the mem. Some volts may be required to add from default 875. [Maybe will switch to proper setups via overdrive tool... watttool was better I think..., still using it for some equihash workers with 16.11.4 drivers - that have no 100% fan issues Smiley]

Looks like AMD api in blockchain drivers and claymore's use of it makes really weird tricks. changing the voltage may require couple of reboots to "sink in" for instance.

I’m in the same boat and did the same setup you have - same core,mvddc,cvddc but varied memory clocks per card. Seems to be working now as i no longer see them hashing at stock clocks at startup of miner.

However, i’d say 2 out of 10 of the time the voltage of gpu0 is higher than the rest of the cards. I have no fix yet for this, as I just restart my miner and it’s back to 875 mV.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
I have a problem with sapphire rx 480 4gb on windows 10 pro. When I install AMD Blockchain Workloads driver my computer does not recognize cards. Actually only driver that I found that recognize cards is "Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.2-Sep21"

Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be?

yes. your modded bios doesn't pass the signature checks. the bios sig check was turned off for versions 16.9.1 up to 16.12 by AMD
Activity: 13
Is there a way how to setup Compute type of workload for all GPU? it's lots of clicking and noticed that the value is not saved for the first time
(Win10 + 17.10.2)
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Try OverDrivenTool

Activity: 41
Merit: 3
Robin Hood drivers still best choice for win7
Activity: 41
Merit: 3
On Windows 7  there's no option "GPU Workload"  in 17.10.2,  Sad
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
I will be more than happy to give the new drivers a try, but first I will wait for mr. Claymore to tell us if v.10 is fully compatible or we should wait for a new version
Jump to: