Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 553. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
Goodbye clayclay fee  Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23444415

No need to pay clayclay after so many versions...

Yes, he has great miner but clayclay is fed well already and should lower the fee instead of getting more greedy.

So your argument is that @Claymore earned more than you think he should have (through his work, not by luck or cheat) ?

First of all, mentioning the method this guy uses to cheat is pretty much an invitation @Claymore to lock it up.

Secondly, do you see a single outcome on this that can result in better mining for us all? Claymore getting pissed and stopping support of his miner would be much more catastrophic than your 1% fee

AMEN!
Keep'em comin' Claymore!
 Smiley
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Yes, he has great miner but clayclay is fed well already and should lower the fee instead of getting more greedy.

So your argument is that @Claymore earned more than you think he should have (through his work, not by luck or cheat) ?

First of all, mentioning the method this guy uses to cheat is pretty much an invitation @Claymore to lock it up.

Secondly, do you see a single outcome on this that can result in better mining for us all? Claymore getting pissed and stopping support of his miner would be much more catastrophic than your 1% fee
Activity: 34
Woot! Nice Dev fee update in latest. thx Claymore.
Can u plz look into pathetic Windows 10 crashes! It made me switch 2 win7. None of ur other miners crash but ETH is very unstable on Win10.
Activity: 29

Activity: 41
Merit: 3
Before the Byzantium update, my average hashrate was withing 3-4MH of my reported rate. But as of late its nearer 25-28MH difference.

Any ideas?

Switch from Ethmine to Drawfpool. Share difficulty on E. 4000MH on D. 2000MH. so there should be less stales, or other pool with lower diff per share

press S to see current diff
Activity: 36
Before the Byzantium update, my average hashrate was withing 3-4MH of my reported rate. But as of late its nearer 25-28MH difference.
Any ideas?
What is your ping time to pool and how many stale shares do you get at the pool?

Ping time from rig1
Pinging eu1.ethermine.org [46.105.121.53] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 46.105.121.53: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=52
Reply from 46.105.121.53: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=52
Reply from 46.105.121.53: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=52
Reply from 46.105.121.53: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 46.105.121.53:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 21ms, Maximum = 30ms, Average = 23ms

ping time from rig2
Pinging eu1.ethermine.org [46.105.121.53] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 46.105.121.53: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 46.105.121.53:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 21ms, Average = 20ms

Number of stale shares has risen from practically nothing 0-2/3 every 10 mins up to 15-20 every 10 mins

Activity: 281
Merit: 100
Any ideas?
What is your ping time to pool and how many stale shares do you get at the pool?
Activity: 36
Whats with the average hashrate dropping slowly?

I've read a few posts saying its something to do with the pool, but not sure.

Any ideas?

both of my rigs has been running solid, without any issues, one is running Claymore 9.8, August Blockchain drivers, custom BIOS. (4xSapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8GB Samsung & 3xSapphire RX470 Nitro 8GB Micron) 198.45MH, the other is currently running Claymore 10, August Blockchain drivers & custom bios (2xSapphire RX480 Nitro+ 8GB Samsung) 58.7MH. Total - 256.4MH.

Any ideas?
Activity: 91
I did not read any report about latest Linux Amdgpu-pro v17.40 beta drivers
I've a rig with RX480/580, ubuntu 16.04.3 latest update/upgrade, claymore v10.1.
since long I've installed ROCm drivers, with the apt-get configured to update ROCm components. I installed also amdgpu-pro v17.30, and configured 2MB page as they explain, in grub options.
see https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6wsf7o/new_amd_blockchain_optimized_drivers_availible/
It solved the DAG problem.

I've installed today the amdgpu v17.40
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-Pro-Beta-Mining-Driver-for-Linux-Release-Notes.aspx

I did not disable/remove ROCm, so maybe there is a conflict
I've noticed those errors:
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu9) ...
Setting up amdgpu-pro-core (17.40-483984) ...
Setting up amdgpu-pro-dkms (17.40-483984) ...
Loading new amdgpu-17.40-483984 DKMS files...
First Installation: checking all kernels...
Building only for 4.11.0-kfd-compute-rocm-rel-1.6-180
Building for architecture x86_64
Building initial module for 4.11.0-kfd-compute-rocm-rel-1.6-180
ERROR (dkms apport): kernel package linux-headers-4.11.0-kfd-compute-rocm-rel-1.6-180 is not supported
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.11.0-kfd-compute-rocm-rel-1.6-180 (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/amdgpu/17.40-483984/build/make.log for more information.
This is warning treated as error during the compilation of a kernel component... anyway it works normally.
it is not faster. Maybe because the module is not integrated?

some say it is faster for Vega, but as I understand the comments , it is just as fast as RX480 (30MH/s), while incredibly slow before... maybe I misunderstood
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-PRO-17.40-Mining-Boost
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amdgpu-1740-rocm&num=1

EDIT: I've rested removing ROCm, then installing amdgpu-pro v17.40 and the compilation error persist. anyway the rocm kernel is used... I don't understand the problem, but it seems benign.

hope this helps...
If I did something wrong, tell me.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hello, can someone tell me why option -r 1 stopped working in new versions? If one card stop working rig it`s not rebooting.

confirm.
version 10.1
option: -r 1
reboot.bat contains shutdown /r /t 0 /f

GPU5 crashed to 0.00000mh

ETHMan show no answer from rig, but miner continue to mine (with 4 of 5 gpus) and no reboot.bat call.

I can send .log in PM

Claymore please add pergpu_shares  and pergpu_rejected to JSON stats

1. Yes you can PM the complete log file. In my tests it works fine.
2. Ok I will do it in next update.
Activity: 4
As of 10.1, looks like Claymore is still unfunctional for nVidia Volta...

Setting DAG epoch #148 for GPU0
Setting DAG epoch #148 for GPU1
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU1
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_kd failed 8 (0), invalid device function
GPU 0, Calc DAG failed!
GPU 1, GpuMiner cu_kd failed 8 (0), invalid device function
GPU 1, Calc DAG failed!
GPU #0: Tesla V100-PCIE-16GB, 16152 MB available, 80 compute units, capability: 7.0
GPU #1: Tesla V100-PCIE-16GB, 16152 MB available, 80 compute units, capability: 7.0
Activity: 3
Hello All,

Excuse my ignorance if someone already asked this I just did not had the time to go over all the pages of this thread.  Few days ago a video was published in youtube showing that a single GTX 1070 is doing 58MH/s, has someone tested it or it is a scam?

Link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymO2VeIA8hc

I guess Claymore will be able to say if that is possible at all, the chaps who made the video are stating that they have modified the drivers to achieve that speed.

Thank you!
Octan

Hi,

Just tried the driver and it doesn't do particular thing than the original NVIDIA one... I thing it is a scam.

Best,
geekuix
No, I hope you didn't spend any money on this! This is a well know scam. Just look at my comment at all of his other videos.

"SCAM alert: Please read https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gtx-1070-getting-58-mhs-per-card-on-ethereum-mining-modded-nvidia-drivers-2127840 before you transfer your money to a criminal."

Is there some way to report this to youtube? This guy needs to be taken offline.
Activity: 50
Hello, can someone tell me why option -r 1 stopped working in new versions? If one card stop working rig it`s not rebooting.

confirm.
version 10.1
option: -r 1
reboot.bat contains shutdown /r /t 0 /f

GPU5 crashed to 0.00000mh

ETHMan show no answer from rig, but miner continue to mine (with 4 of 5 gpus) and no reboot.bat call.

I can send .log in PM

Claymore please add pergpu_shares  and pergpu_rejected to JSON stats
Activity: 20
Hello, can someone tell me why option -r 1 stopped working in new versions? If one card stop working rig is not rebooting.
Activity: 11
Greetings,

I am having trouble with one card in a rig with 6 cards.  Two R9 280 and four Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB Mini cards.  Issue is with one of the 1060's.  Just added these 1060's yesterday, brand new.

The three cards are mining fine with overclocks at around 19.5mh/s.  The fourth card fails during mining.  I have it at stock settings and it will mine at 17.5mh/s.  After about 5 minutes, it will drop to 1.7mh/s.  At this point the system will become unresponsive and MSI afterburner will freeze.  If I wait, the card will eventually go back to 17.5mh/s and then again drop to 1.7mh/s

If I remove the problem card from the startup.bat, the rig is fine.

I have tried replacing the riser and cable, no difference.

Any suggestions?  Is this card shot?

Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal XXX -epsw X -mode 1 -ftime 10 -ethi 8,8,8,8,8,8 -dcri 30,30,20,20,20,20 -allpools 1 -gser 2 -di 036897

Problem card is #7

Underclocking -400/-500 didn't help either.

EDIT: Narrowed it down that the issue was happening with any card plugged into a certain PCIE slot on the motherboard.  Moved the connections to not use that PCIE slot and everything seems to be working now.  Using the ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ motherboard and the problem slot was the second one from the top labelled PCIE1.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
Has anyone seen improvements in shares or hashrate vs  10.0?

Personally i don't see any change on my 1070.
The plus is that the dag change is included in the devfee which is no small thing Smiley
Activity: 87
Has anyone seen improvements in shares or hashrate vs  10.0?
Activity: 1
Hello All,

Excuse my ignorance if someone already asked this I just did not had the time to go over all the pages of this thread.  Few days ago a video was published in youtube showing that a single GTX 1070 is doing 58MH/s, has someone tested it or it is a scam?

Link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymO2VeIA8hc

I guess Claymore will be able to say if that is possible at all, the chaps who made the video are stating that they have modified the drivers to achieve that speed.

Thank you!
Octan

Hi,

Just tried the driver and it doesn't do particular thing than the original NVIDIA one... I thing it is a scam.

Best,
geekuix
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
Step by step on how to Hack Cryptocurrency Miners (such as Claymore) with OSINT Techniques:

https://medium.com/@s3yfullah/hacking-cryptocurrency-miners-with-osint-techniques-677bbb3e0157

If they succeed then our miner will be mining for other ethereum address...

How to avoid being hacked by this system?

Don't allow remote management. Or only allow read-only. Lock down your network and/or use a VPN for remote admin.
Activity: 25
Step by step on how to Hack Cryptocurrency Miners (such as Claymore) with OSINT Techniques:

https://medium.com/@s3yfullah/hacking-cryptocurrency-miners-with-osint-techniques-677bbb3e0157

If they succeed then our miner will be mining for other ethereum address...

How to avoid being hacked by this system?
Jump to: