Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 569. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Hi All,

I'm having issues with something,

I'm Dual Mining ETC + DCR,
ETH = ethermine
DCR = coinmine.pl

I'm getting an error i think, not sure all still seams to work but it's annoying,

after every share form DCR I get " srv: no password found in request "

Does anyone know wat is wrong because this just started to happen for no reason, I'm mining for god knows how long and yea..

Please let me know.

Thanks

OK I figured that it does come form Claymore, it's something to do with the -mpsw switch, I'm not sure why this will happen because I have not changed anything since I started on v10.0 ,
anyone have this issue before, I can remove the -mpsw then I do not receive that error.

edit:
I have changed the port from 3333 to something ells and the issue is gone, is there anyway that someone is trying to get access to my miner maybe.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262

I'm using 4gb Nitro+ 580 Elpida and Hynix chips. I like those cards man.
Hynix is good for Ethereum+Dcr and Elpida is good for Denarius.

wtf man? it's like saying that you drive your toyota to get grosseries but to buy clothes you're taking your ford. and what is Denarius anyways?
Activity: 54
Hi All,

I'm having issues with something,

I'm Dual Mining ETC + DCR,
ETH = ethermine
DCR = coinmine.pl

I'm getting an error i think, not sure all still seams to work but it's annoying,

after every share form DCR I get " srv: no password found in request "

Does anyone know wat is wrong because this just started to happen for no reason, I'm mining for god knows how long and yea..

Please let me know.

Thanks
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
You need to update your wallet to the latest version before block 4,370,000 or it will be stuck on the old chain and unable to broadcast transactions after the fork.

Right; thanks. Updated my wallet software (ethereum wallet) this week.

And right... block 4,370,000. About 1 day and seven hours to go, per this countdown clock:

https://fork.codetract.io/

The announcement doesn't address miners, at all. Sad

Pools should have already updated, so as miner on a pool there is nothing else you need to do.

Great. So mining on a pool that already announced they're ready, I'm good.

For solo mining you would need to update to the latest version of Geth.

Ah, yes. I'd lost sight of the fact that solo mining is not handled solely by Claymore; it also relies on your local Geth. So if Geth is updated as part of my wallet update, then Claymore should continue to work as my miner with that Geth instance.

Do I have that right?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
You need to update your wallet to the latest version before block 4,370,000 or it will be stuck on the old chain and unable to broadcast transactions after the fork. Pools should have already updated, so as miner on a pool there is nothing else you need to do. For solo mining you would need to update to the latest version of Geth.

https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/10/12/byzantium-hf-announcement/
Activity: 83

Do we need miner update for Byzantium?

Not that I know of - if you're mining with a pool.
Solo miners must update their software.

Regarding tomorrow's Byzantium update and potential fork, I'm looking for additional confirmation that if mining with a pool, we do NOT need to change our mining software. (My pool just recently posted that they are ready for Byzantium, but I don't see any statements regarding needing or not needing to update our miner software. They list examples of mining config with Claymore, but it has no reference to supported/unsupported versions.)

Secondly, I'd like to know, if we did choose to solo mine, would Claymore 10 be compatible with Byzantium? Or should we be switching to another miner like geth for a while while waiting for a compatible Claymore?

Thanks!
I have 2 issues with Claymore 10.0 (Win10, blockchain drivers, 6card rigs running 570 and 470 cards)

1) After initial rig start (i.e. after powering or resetting the whole rig) Claymore 10.0 runs with lower hashrates (for example about 23-25Mhs with 470/570 cards). After stoping the miner and re-run .bat, I getting normal rates (i.e. miner has to be restarted and operates as expected only after 2nd run, never from the first)

2) Unpredictable hashrate drop during mining for some cards in rig (usually 1 or 2 of them). Rate drops and keeps at 23-25. The only solution I found is to restart Claymore.

Any comments guys?

For point 1, i could be that the batch is starting before the software you use to apply the OC or something like that. You could try adding a few seconds delay in the start of the bat, ex: "timeout 20"

Nope. Tried inserting a delay in task trigger - no effect.
This became a SOP for me: rig boots and stats Claymore with 28, 25, 25, 25... etc, when I see this I do: Execute "reboot.bat" and after it boots again its 28 for all
In a mixed rig (AMD and NVidia) how does one use the mem and core clock and volt flags.

Namely since it is not supported for Nvidia, how do you specify the values for the AMD cards?  Can any value be used in the Nvidia spots and be ignored?  Can one not use the flags in this situation?

As stated in the README, the overclocking and voltage parameters aren't supported for Nvidia cards. If you want to mix cards on the same rig you can set the clocks using Afterburner or any overclocking tool before running the miner.

They are not supported for NVidia cards, but they also support a card by card setup.  Therefore can you setup only the AMD cards, leaving the Nvidia cards as they are?

Afterburner will not set the voltages.

these are 570&1060, for 1060 I use afterburner (which is a no no for AMD imho) +800-900mem, 60-65power, apply at startup => that's it
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
Guys, i'm building a new rig - reason is my 8-gpu Gaming X rig got sold and I got some sweet profit  Grin

I'm thinking to try Sapphire cards, but would like to have 8gb ones, if I could get a decent price. Here are my options:

8gb Nitro+ 570       - $350CAD
8gb Nitro+ 580 Ltd - $438CAD
8gb Nitro+ 580 SEL - $380CAD
4gb Nitro+ 580 Ltd  - $363CAD

I know most would pick the SEL for $380 but it's out of stock right now. I could wait for a week or so but there's no guarantee that I could snag 8 of them.

If I ended up selling it again, then I won't mind getting the 4gb 580, but if I'm keeping them, I would like an 8GB ones for future-proofing.

What do you guys think? I'm wishing to get my rig built and up and running before Byz arrives on the 25th.

I think the best choice is the Nitro 570. This mining 29Mh/s on ETH or ETC. And look this MINING OS !! I would like to try it with my new cards  Smiley
http://minerone.net

I'm using 4gb Nitro+ 580 Elpida and Hynix chips. I like those cards man.
Hynix is good for Ethereum+Dcr and Elpida is good for Denarius.
Activity: 57
For point 1, i could be that the batch is starting before the software you use to apply the OC or something like that. You could try adding a few seconds delay in the start of the bat, ex: "timeout 20"

In case described above I do not use OC-ing software, but only options provided by Claymore, i.e. -mvddc -cclock -powlim etc. It works well but from the second run only.
It looks a bit strange becuase all settings are apply to cards at first run (according to monitoring software like HWinfo or GPU-Z), but hashrates are lower.
Activity: 33
I have 2 issues with Claymore 10.0 (Win10, blockchain drivers, 6card rigs running 570 and 470 cards)

1) After initial rig start (i.e. after powering or resetting the whole rig) Claymore 10.0 runs with lower hashrates (for example about 23-25Mhs with 470/570 cards). After stoping the miner and re-run .bat, I getting normal rates (i.e. miner has to be restarted and operates as expected only after 2nd run, never from the first)

2) Unpredictable hashrate drop during mining for some cards in rig (usually 1 or 2 of them). Rate drops and keeps at 23-25. The only solution I found is to restart Claymore.

Any comments guys?

In a mixed rig (AMD and NVidia) how does one use the mem and core clock and volt flags.

Namely since it is not supported for Nvidia, how do you specify the values for the AMD cards?  Can any value be used in the Nvidia spots and be ignored?  Can one not use the flags in this situation?

As stated in the README, the overclocking and voltage parameters aren't supported for Nvidia cards. If you want to mix cards on the same rig you can set the clocks using Afterburner or any overclocking tool before running the miner.

They are not supported for NVidia cards, but they also support a card by card setup.  Therefore can you setup only the AMD cards, leaving the Nvidia cards as they are?

You would need to run two instances of the miner using the -di parameter. One instance to index the AMD cards and a seperate instance for the Nvidia cards. Nvidia cards don't support voltage control. With Nvidia you can only adjust the power limit and clocks before running the miner.
Activity: 13

They are not supported for NVidia cards, but they also support a card by card setup.  Therefore can you setup only the AMD cards, leaving the Nvidia cards as they are?

Activity: 13

Namely since it is not supported for Nvidia, how do you specify the values for the AMD cards?  Can any value be used in the Nvidia spots and be ignored?  Can one not use the flags in this situation?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Claymore couldnt be bothered since he makes too much money already of us miners. he still hasnt fixed his issues with 12 card miner. apparently he doesnt have enough money to invest in a 12 card board. shame

Why don’t you write a superior miner then?

There is a superior miner (ethminer)  

I switched all my problem rigs that constantly reboot with claymore or cards start hashing at 8.3 bs mhs to ethminer and all 10 rigs  are working great now since the last six hours

one rig still reboots so must be an issue on those but all the others are rock solid now, and my hash rate at the poot is at least 5% higher than I was getting from claymore.

Now for my dual rigs I just need to find an fork that has a good DCR /SIA blake fork so i can run that side by side with ethminer.

Anyone got any links ?

It's not the PSU extension that's the problem but the poor quality (low gauge) of wire used in the power cable that comes with the riser.
I've had a couple where the cables have melted the +12v line into the ground line but luckily did not short together, and one where it melted the molex connector (dodgy connect fault there I think - see pic).
I check all the cables and if any gets a little bit too hot I replace them with higher gauge wire.
I'm sure there are a few here who have had similar problems.

Yep. I've got several of those:) 470 refs making at dual eth, and 850ish mv
Activity: 107
Claymore couldnt be bothered since he makes too much money already of us miners. he still hasnt fixed his issues with 12 card miner. apparently he doesnt have enough money to invest in a 12 card board. shame

Why don’t you write a superior miner then?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I dont dual mine much anyways i moved all my 10ghs to ethminer, no fees and far mire stable than claymore, I actually see higer hash rates at the pool side than he hash I have , the minhg fee disconect is total bullshit since you have to reconnect to the old pool and then reload the new dag from both pools so you lose far more than the 30 secconds claymore claims.

on top of that sometimes on dev fee a miner will crash and reboot the whole box, none of this happend before rhe dag
fix versions or at least not as often.

Maybe i might run claymore agaib with no fee option but if i can get rig email monitoring at the pool i think im cool on
claymore till releases a flat fee version
Activity: 30
Jump to: