Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 77. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 861
Merit: 281
It was already set to IGFX. I'm consistently getting the " Miner failed to initialize. need to restart." I'm running Windows 10, fully updated, but so are my other machines.

People who faced this issue narrowed it down to the Windows update and Integrated graphics. As you have alright tried uninstalling integrated graphics and it didn't work.
I'll suggest to roll back any Windows update you've done recently or perform a fresh installation of Windows.
If going with the second option, try Windows 10 LTSC variant.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I'm having problems getting Claymore to launch. I'm running Adrenaline 19.2.2 drivers. Claymore launches, and then just sits and does nothing. eventually closes. I noticed that AMD settings won't lauch, which I take to be the problem. Did some googling and tried uninstalling the Intel integrated graphics driver. no help. Process is (hooked up to internet)
Reboot in safe mode.
DDU clean restart
install 19.2.2
restart
pixel clock patcher
restart

The computer sees the GPUs  both in device manager and in GPUz, but radeon settings will never launch. I see it in the system tray, but it never opens.

Up to date windows 10 OS. HDMI dummy in one fot he GPUs.  Same setup works on other device.

Change the graphics display to IGFX in BIOS.
Connect the dummy HDMI to the motherboard slot.
DDU and install the latest version of the drivers. Patch if GPUs are BIOS modded.
Then run the miner.
It was already set to IGFX. I'm consistently getting the " Miner failed to initialize. need to restart." I'm running Windows 10, fully updated, but so are my other machines.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
"NO DAG FILES"--

Claymore's description of "No DAG Files" refers only to the fact that the DAG files are now created directly on the mining GPU.  The original Etherium miners created a DAG file on a system disk, and the mining GPU then had to read and load the DAG file into video memory.  Genoil managed to create and write the DAG file directly to video memory with his Etherium miner.

The advantages of the "No DAG File" code in an Etherium miner is 1) speed of creation and GPU loading, and 2) no on-disk DAG files requiring deletion and cleanup.  A USB-based mining system without cleanup scripts could rapidly fill to capacity and fail prior to Genoil's code.

--scryptr
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
today I have bought nvidia GTX 1650 4GB ram
I have installed windows 10 and latest nvidia driver.
But when I run miner I get this, any idea how to solve this?

ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #291(3.27GB)...
Setting DAG epoch #291 for GPU0
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU0 0.000 Mh/s
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG
GPU 0 failed

What version of claymore are you using?
It sounds like 4GB isn't enough for the DAG since the current DAG is 3.27GB for ETH or 3.34GB for ETC.
RedPandaMining recently posted a video on his Youtube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIX5mpVntk.

This PC -> Right-click -> Properties -> Advance system settings -> Click settings under performance -> Advance -> Click change under virtual memory -> custom size -> set to 16000 MBs.

Then try again.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250

ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #291(3.27GB)...
Create GPU buffer for GPU0
CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG
GPU 0 failed
I'm having problems getting Claymore to launch. I'm running Adrenaline 19.2.2 drivers. Claymore launches, and then just sits and does nothing. eventually closes. I noticed that AMD settings won't lauch, which I take to be the problem. Did some googling and tried uninstalling the Intel integrated graphics driver. no help. Process is (hooked up to internet)
Reboot in safe mode.
DDU clean restart
install 19.2.2
restart
pixel clock patcher
restart

The computer sees the GPUs  both in device manager and in GPUz, but radeon settings will never launch. I see it in the system tray, but it never opens.

Up to date windows 10 OS. HDMI dummy in one fot he GPUs.  Same setup works on other device.

Change the graphics display to IGFX in BIOS.
Connect the dummy HDMI to the motherboard slot.
DDU and install the latest version of the drivers. Patch if GPUs are BIOS modded.
Then run the miner.
Activity: 11
Reboot in safe mode.
DDU clean restart
install 19.2.2
restart
pixel clock patcher
restart

guys, last time was useng v12.0
stopped mining because 3gb GPUs stopped mining.
Now I see latest version is v15.
It says "no dag files"
is that mean I can use again my 3gb cards for ETH mining? Or 3gb are still unusable for ETH/ETC?

I am not a hundred percent sure what "No Dag Files" means but you will never be able to mine ETH/ETC using 3GB cards as DAG for both of it is above 3GB.
https://investoon.com/tools/dag_size

Yes, it does reflect the card pool. With Phoenix and same OC settings I don't have any of this issue. Card are running really cold, so it is also out a question that cards are slowing down because of heat. It is not just a moment, I'm talking about minutes slowing down.

Can you paste the complete claymore bat file text here?
Activity: 56
@Claymore, I don't know if anyone already had this problem. I have a 8 x RX570 8GB rig mining solo ETH, randomly one card (any card) drops to 22Mhs for minutes and then it starts again going to full speed. I have been seeing this for long time now, any advice?

Thanks

Does the fluctuation of the hash rate on the one card reflect in the pool?
I read it somewhere that when a correct hash is calculated by the VGA and sent to the pool, it may affect the hash rate of the card for just a moment.

Also, try to remove any OC that you have on that card and see if it solves the issue.

Yes, it does reflect the card pool. With Phoenix and same OC settings I don't have any of this issue. Card are running really cold, so it is also out a question that cards are slowing down because of heat. It is not just a moment, I'm talking about minutes slowing down.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
--snip--

Right now I can't test this out since all my cards are still working. But if you are getting issues, try and buy 1 GPU which is 8GB like the RX 470 8GB which you can probably buy for like $75 these days and try this out and it should work. Just make sure to put it in the 0 PCIe slot so that GPU loads the most of the DAG plus the Windows data resources and the rest should fit on the other 4GB GPUs.

Either this or just try Linux. There are distros available these days which are plug n play pretty much.

Could you please share where are you quoting these prices for an 8GB GPU from? Are those brand-new with warranty or used ones?? It'd be really helpful if you can tell about your experience of using these low priced hardware (if its used).
Anybody else reading this who knows about the supplies, do share.

The prices are obviously for used units. And in my area it's all over Craiglists and eBay. The 8GB variants go for maybe $10 over the 4GB variants. Basically even the people with 8GB GPUs don't want to mine any more since the profitability is so low.

Currently I am just waiting to see what will happen to ProgPOW, only reason why I didn't eBay my GPUs just yet. If we can get a decent price increase followed by an ProgPOW change in the new year then mining might be worth while again but right now I am getting like a dime a day and just keeping them turned off.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
guys, last time was useng v12.0
stopped mining because 3gb GPUs stopped mining.
Now I see latest version is v15.
It says "no dag files"
is that mean I can use again my 3gb cards for ETH mining? Or 3gb are still unusable for ETH/ETC?
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Decrease 0.85 to 0.75. You don't need 0.85

Last time I checked 0.80 was not stable, but will recheck. Unlucky at chip lottery?
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Everything I've seen boasting greater than 54Mh/s have been changing the OpenCL worksize and causing invalid shares that reduce effective hashrate back down to around 50-54Mh/s.

Exactly that. 1300/[email protected] gives solid 51.5mh/s. If you increase worksize then reject rate increases to 10-20%

@claymore
Strange stuff regarding 380 hashrate reporting with v15. Just updated drivers from 18.6.2 to 19.10.1 and miner reports 380 hashrate at 37mh/s+.
Phoenix is still fine with ~19mh/s, which is the true hashrate of the device.

Fury hashrate reporting is fine. Not sure if it happened with earlier versions of the miner or previous 19.x drivers.
Decrease 0.85 to 0.75. You don't need 0.85
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Everything I've seen boasting greater than 54Mh/s have been changing the OpenCL worksize and causing invalid shares that reduce effective hashrate back down to around 50-54Mh/s.

Exactly that. 1300/[email protected] gives solid 51.5mh/s. If you increase worksize then reject rate increases to 10-20%

@claymore
Strange stuff regarding 380 hashrate reporting with v15. Just updated drivers from 18.6.2 to 19.10.1 and miner reports 380 hashrate at 37mh/s+.
Phoenix is still fine with ~19mh/s, which is the true hashrate of the device.

Fury hashrate reporting is fine. Not sure if it happened with earlier versions of the miner or previous 19.x drivers.
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hello!

How could i run two instances of CM 15 simultaneously ? I have miners in different dirs, using CM driver for straps feature , but second miner tells 'driver in use' and runs at not full speed.

You can run two instances of the miner but it will impact the hashrate.
Use proper parameters in both the bat files to include the GPUs that you want to run in a particular instance.
Moreover, the straps feature requires it to run with the Administrator and it modifies the straps of the device on the fly but it won't be able to do in the second instance.
You can try running the second instance too with Admin but I am not sure if it will work.

Well , i think its not good. New features are fantastic but itwork ( i meen 2 CM on same rig) before, why not now ? -> @Claymore.
Activity: 78
Merit: 3
Do we see AMD releasing new 5700 XT drivers to allow us to use all 40 compute units?   Miner is only seeing 20.

Thank you for the great software!

It might just be a syntax error.
In actual, It is using all the computational power there is to get the max possible hash rate.
I have seen people getting 62 MH/s with 5700 XT.

Do we see AMD releasing new 5700 XT drivers to allow us to use all 40 compute units?   Miner is only seeing 20.

It might just be a syntax error.
In actual, It is using all the computational power there is to get the max possible hash rate.
I have seen people getting 62 MH/s with 5700 XT.
Activity: 5

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
--snip--

Right now I can't test this out since all my cards are still working. But if you are getting issues, try and buy 1 GPU which is 8GB like the RX 470 8GB which you can probably buy for like $75 these days and try this out and it should work. Just make sure to put it in the 0 PCIe slot so that GPU loads the most of the DAG plus the Windows data resources and the rest should fit on the other 4GB GPUs.

Either this or just try Linux. There are distros available these days which are plug n play pretty much.

Could you please share where are you quoting these prices for an 8GB GPU from? Are those brand-new with warranty or used ones?? It'd be really helpful if you can tell about your experience of using these low priced hardware (if its used).
Anybody else reading this who knows about the supplies, do share.
Pages:
Jump to: