Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 78. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 861
Merit: 281
@Claymore, I don't know if anyone already had this problem. I have a 8 x RX570 8GB rig mining solo ETH, randomly one card (any card) drops to 22Mhs for minutes and then it starts again going to full speed. I have been seeing this for long time now, any advice?

Thanks

Does the fluctuation of the hash rate on the one card reflect in the pool?
I read it somewhere that when a correct hash is calculated by the VGA and sent to the pool, it may affect the hash rate of the card for just a moment.

Also, try to remove any OC that you have on that card and see if it solves the issue.
Hello!

How could i run two instances of CM 15 simultaneously ? I have miners in different dirs, using CM driver for straps feature , but second miner tells 'driver in use' and runs at not full speed.

You can run two instances of the miner but it will impact the hashrate.
Use proper parameters in both the bat files to include the GPUs that you want to run in a particular instance.
Moreover, the straps feature requires it to run with the Administrator and it modifies the straps of the device on the fly but it won't be able to do in the second instance.
You can try running the second instance too with Admin but I am not sure if it will work.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
@Claymore, I don't know if anyone already had this problem. I have a 8 x RX570 8GB rig mining solo ETH, randomly one card (any card) drops to 22Mhs for minutes and then it starts again going to full speed. I have been seeing this for long time now, any advice?

Thanks
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hello!

How could i run two instances of CM 15 simultaneously ? I have miners in different dirs, using CM driver for straps feature , but second miner tells 'driver in use' and runs at not full speed.
Activity: 13
Really doesn't matter. You just need to have at least 1 card that is large enough and able to load the dag alone. I have 6 rigs this is functioning on, all were 6x Rx470 4GB rigs, but then I took out a card in each and replaced each slot with an Rx580 8GB once I discovered the fix. Distributed the set ups so every 4GB rig has at least one 8GB card to load the dag. I have not confirmed if an Nvidia card can assist another Nvidia card in this way, I don't any under 8GB however the even stranger thing about all of this is that a p104-100 8GB will assist my Rx470 4GBs and they will mine.

You will need at least 1 GPU to load the DAG plus the Windows data system files on the GDDR. But you will still need to have at least 4GB for the other GPUs. What I mean is that you can't have 1 GPU that has 8GB GDDR and have the rest being 3GB GDDR GPUs. It won't work I tried.

The way the Claymore software works is that it needs to load the entire DAG onto each and every GPU. It doesn't just load it only on the first GPU. You can look at the resource history monitor and you will see that the memory for each GPU is completely used up. So this will still only work with any GPUs greater than 4GB but anything 3GB or less is obsolete in mining ETH right now.

What cards are you testing? This may not work for Nvidia 3Gbs as I stated I only got it to work with a Nvidia p104 assisting a Rx470 4Gba.

The way I discovered this fix was half my farm, about 6 rigs with all 4Gb cards, went down and stopped generating the dag on both eth and etc. I realized that one of my mixed rigs with a 8gb worked fine. I tested it by removing the 8Gb. All of sudden it didn't mine. I tested this on the other rigs by dismantling a 580 8Gb rig and distributing the cards to each of the 470 rigs. This works flawlessly.

As for my r7 200 series I have a desktop build running in Windows 10 legacy mode. That build I can install my 580 8Gb or other Polaris cards with enough memory for dag, and sit the R7 200 next to it. The dag loads perfectly fine and mines. Takes about 57 seconds to load the dag and mines at a pitiful 1.2Mhs.

I noticed this a few years back as I mentioned but now with the dag approaching some cards thresholds again and clearly mine, I rehashed this. (pun intended)

Legacy and UEFI mode have alot to do with how pcie slots will interact with you cpu and motherboards chipset. UEFI is going to give you the latest pcie options and most lanes. Legacy is a much older way of installing Windows and restricts pcie lanes available and other features included in the bios and operating system.
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
I know you can take a log file and if you have a long enough mining duration say 1 month, then you can easily add all the accepted+rejected+stale and get an accurate measurement and being within +- 1% is fairly close.

I think the 1% loss you are talking about is not related to the Claymore software but most likely due to the GPU drivers. I know with my AMD RX series GPUs there is a time when some GPUs hash a little slower for a few seconds and then resume the optimal speed. Been trying to figure out why it happens but couldn't and just left it the way it was because the speed loss was minimal. So find in your logs if your speed was always constant or did it slow down from time to time. You can probably find this easily with MS Excel when you load your log file.
Nobody is talking about speed fluctuations here. The averaged stated speed incorporates them. If miner does not work at some moment it prints 0.000 Mh/s in console (and log) and this zero is heaped when calculating the averaged speed and the number of samples is increased by one for this zero. Come on man use a little the last floor of your body. I talk that this averaged stated speed in console and in the log is 1.5% higher than the real one which can be calculated from the found shares (locally, not at the pools side), difficulty and the time that the miner has worked.

I'm trying to follow but it's a bit confusing. So now you are claiming that the speed that the miner displays in console and reports to the pool is 1.5% higher than the actual one? and is that somehow related to your previous claim of Claymore taking higher than advertised devfee?

I was wrong that Claymore is taking higher than the advertised devfee. But I am 1000% sure that Claymore shows and reports to pools (if he reports what he shows in console) about 1.5% higher hash rate than the real one.
Ohh I see.
If you are into this kind of action can you maybe do all of us a favor and perform the same analysis on this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/phoenixminer-62c-fastest-ethereumethash-miner-with-lowest-devfee-winlinux-2647654
And maybe post here with numbers and such?
I know for myself I'd be very much interested to see the actual numbers. Thx.

Partial results for PM 4.6C after two days mining with 10 RX570 + 1 RX580 and 14889 shares found (14799 shares + 90 devfee shares):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1luXj5zlyeFdXeQ4QL9GcS1t7bSUPzAQd

Compile AverageSpeed.cpp with visual studio

Or if you use GCC compiler:
comment row 4:
//#include "stdafx.h"

and compile it with:
g++ -o AverageSpeed.exe AverageSpeed.cpp

and run it with the following parameters:
AverageSpeed.exe 3 main Eth speed: log20190929_174105.txt

It will produce the averaged stated speed: 316.689 MH/s
The real effective speed is: 14889 (total shares) * 4,000,000,000 (ethermine difficulty) / 188886 (the seconds that the miner has worked) = 315.301 MH/s
So PM shows (316.689 / 315,301 - 1) * 100 = 0.44% higher hashrate than the real effective one. In comparision Claymore shows about 1.5% higher than the real one.
Will update the results when one week ends but 14889 found shares seems to me statistically representative test that will probably produce error under 0.1%. So I expect this 0.44% to finish between 0.34%-0.54% after 5 days.

this is interesting.
Final results for how much higher stated hashrate Phoenix miner shows than the real effective hashrate:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UwrGhi0y6eLW-Utw3U9v0pjKCdj0zDam

Total shares: 35923 (35703 + 220 devfee shares)

The averaged stated speed is: 316.7 MH/s
The real effective speed is: 35923 (total shares) * 4,000,000,000 (ethermine difficulty) / 455,640 (the seconds that the miner has worked) = 315.363 MH/s
So PM shows (316.7 / 315,363 - 1) * 100 = 0.42% higher hashrate than the real effective one. For comparision Claymore shows about 1.5% higher than the real one, which is 3 times higher than PM.

Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
i want share my results for rx470 4gb
i have rx470 4gb msi armors and xfx 470 4gb.
Armors performing best in its history giving 30.5-30.9Mhs samsung memory. im amazed now.with modded bios i never saw this speed.
 showing around 77w-85w depends on different cards.

rx 480 8gb giving 32.5Mhs

so sad 4gb will die soon.

Thanks claymore it is good job

I've heard something in a reddit mining post that if you have a rig full of 4gb cards and at least 1 8gb card, the dag would read everything as 8gb and allow those cards to mine, same would be true for 2gb cards.

I never tried it so don't take my word. something interesting to research into though.

That would be great if it works.I want to believe that and of course i will try it when time comes to it.i have some 8gb cards.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Really doesn't matter. You just need to have at least 1 card that is large enough and able to load the dag alone. I have 6 rigs this is functioning on, all were 6x Rx470 4GB rigs, but then I took out a card in each and replaced each slot with an Rx580 8GB once I discovered the fix. Distributed the set ups so every 4GB rig has at least one 8GB card to load the dag. I have not confirmed if an Nvidia card can assist another Nvidia card in this way, I don't any under 8GB however the even stranger thing about all of this is that a p104-100 8GB will assist my Rx470 4GBs and they will mine.

You will need at least 1 GPU to load the DAG plus the Windows data system files on the GDDR. But you will still need to have at least 4GB for the other GPUs. What I mean is that you can't have 1 GPU that has 8GB GDDR and have the rest being 3GB GDDR GPUs. It won't work I tried.

The way the Claymore software works is that it needs to load the entire DAG onto each and every GPU. It doesn't just load it only on the first GPU. You can look at the resource history monitor and you will see that the memory for each GPU is completely used up. So this will still only work with any GPUs greater than 4GB but anything 3GB or less is obsolete in mining ETH right now.
That was me on Reddit. Cant get my old Bitcointalk account so made one with my business name but yea this absolutely is true now as mentioned by you. Im getting ready to film a youtube sometime this week and put it up on this topic, demo it. Here is a link to my website and youtube.

https://www.bittapfinancial.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOmZzE8MsU

I sold most of my 1060 3gb because of this.
Anyway, I got two remaining. I'll try this with GTX 1660ti connected in the first PCIe slot and the other two cards in the subsequent one.
Can we use risers or just connect it directly to the PCIe slot?
That was me on Reddit. Cant get my old Bitcointalk account so made one with my business name but yea this absolutely is true now as mentioned by you. Im getting ready to film a youtube sometime this week and put it up on this topic, demo it. Here is a link to my website and youtube.

https://www.bittapfinancial.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnOmZzE8MsU
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Armors performing best in its history giving 30.5-30.9Mhs samsung memory. im amazed now.with modded bios i never saw this speed.

I've heard something in a reddit mining post that if you have a rig full of 4gb cards and at least 1 8gb card, the dag would read everything as 8gb and allow those cards to mine, same would be true for 2gb cards.

I never tried it so don't take my word. something interesting to research into though.
It was in this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/d9csi9/2gb4gb_dag_fix_need_atleast_1_gpu_large_enough_to/

Yes back in the 2016 days when my 2GB  GPUS stopped working, I noticed that in some rigs they mined while in others they didn't. Then I discovered that in the rigs where I had mixed GPUs like the 3GBs with the 2GB GPUs then mining would work, while in rigs purely with 2GB GPUs they didn't.

I discovered that you need to put a 3GB GPU in the device 0 PCIe slot, usually this is the 16x 3.0 PCIe slot. And you can put the 2GB in the other slots.

Right now I can't test this out since all my cards are still working. But if you are getting issues, try and buy 1 GPU which is 8GB like the RX 470 8GB which you can probably buy for like $75 these days and try this out and it should work. Just make sure to put it in the 0 PCIe slot so that GPU loads the most of the DAG plus the Windows data resources and the rest should fit on the other 4GB GPUs.

Either this or just try Linux. There are distros available these days which are plug n play pretty much.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1

It was in this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/d9csi9/2gb4gb_dag_fix_need_atleast_1_gpu_large_enough_to/
Activity: 199
Merit: 1

copper member
Activity: 1358
Merit: 523
is any one mining quarkchain ? If yes can you please share your hashrates. Epoch is 46 and this is very lite. So I am wondering if your rates are higher then ETH mining rates. Thanks in Advance !
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

why will die soon? what are you writing about
Can you please write few more words
Tnx
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
I know you can take a log file and if you have a long enough mining duration say 1 month, then you can easily add all the accepted+rejected+stale and get an accurate measurement and being within +- 1% is fairly close.

I think the 1% loss you are talking about is not related to the Claymore software but most likely due to the GPU drivers. I know with my AMD RX series GPUs there is a time when some GPUs hash a little slower for a few seconds and then resume the optimal speed. Been trying to figure out why it happens but couldn't and just left it the way it was because the speed loss was minimal. So find in your logs if your speed was always constant or did it slow down from time to time. You can probably find this easily with MS Excel when you load your log file.
Nobody is talking about speed fluctuations here. The averaged stated speed incorporates them. If miner does not work at some moment it prints 0.000 Mh/s in console (and log) and this zero is heaped when calculating the averaged speed and the number of samples is increased by one for this zero. Come on man use a little the last floor of your body. I talk that this averaged stated speed in console and in the log is 1.5% higher than the real one which can be calculated from the found shares (locally, not at the pools side), difficulty and the time that the miner has worked.

I'm trying to follow but it's a bit confusing. So now you are claiming that the speed that the miner displays in console and reports to the pool is 1.5% higher than the actual one? and is that somehow related to your previous claim of Claymore taking higher than advertised devfee?

I was wrong that Claymore is taking higher than the advertised devfee. But I am 1000% sure that Claymore shows and reports to pools (if he reports what he shows in console) about 1.5% higher hash rate than the real one.
Ohh I see.
If you are into this kind of action can you maybe do all of us a favor and perform the same analysis on this one https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/phoenixminer-62c-fastest-ethereumethash-miner-with-lowest-devfee-winlinux-2647654
And maybe post here with numbers and such?
I know for myself I'd be very much interested to see the actual numbers. Thx.

Partial results for PM 4.6C after two days mining with 10 RX570 + 1 RX580 and 14889 shares found (14799 shares + 90 devfee shares):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1luXj5zlyeFdXeQ4QL9GcS1t7bSUPzAQd

Compile AverageSpeed.cpp with visual studio

Or if you use GCC compiler:
comment row 4:
//#include "stdafx.h"

and compile it with:
g++ -o AverageSpeed.exe AverageSpeed.cpp

and run it with the following parameters:
AverageSpeed.exe 3 main Eth speed: log20190929_174105.txt

It will produce the averaged stated speed: 316.689 MH/s
The real effective speed is: 14889 (total shares) * 4,000,000,000 (ethermine difficulty) / 188886 (the seconds that the miner has worked) = 315.301 MH/s
So PM shows (316.689 / 315,301 - 1) * 100 = 0.44% higher hashrate than the real effective one. In comparision Claymore shows about 1.5% higher than the real one.
Will update the results when one week ends but 14889 found shares seems to me statistically representative test that will probably produce error under 0.1%. So I expect this 0.44% to finish between 0.34%-0.54% after 5 days.

this is interesting.
Activity: 2
-strap stopped working. I have 570 and vega, both are work on basic straps (even if writes strap applied successfully), but 1080ti still works fine.
What could be wrong?
Activity: 208
Merit: 2
MINER.HOST Supports Claymore Directly !

https://miner.host/
Pages:
Jump to: