Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 75. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Today i waked up to my nvidia rig fo 1050ti 4gb telleing me CUDA error 11 can allocate buffer.
Same problem. woke up, 2 farms with 1050ti 4gb are down.

claymore 15.0
win10 32gb virtual memory (was 16) but increase not helped

Also me. I have four 1050 Ti cards in my farm and as of this morning the stopped working (after the #294 DAG apparently) with following errors:

"CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. check readme.txt for possible solutions."
"GPU X failed"
"GPU X, CUDA error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG"

Reinstalling the drive did not helped.
Win10 64bit. 4GB RAM. 32GB Virtual Ram. Claymore v15.0
Please advice, Thank you.
Activity: 87
Merit: 2
How could I test the stability of a gpu? many to try that the problem

Please, could you tell me who reads if with these memory errors the gpus could be stable?

If something goes wrong, reduce memory clocks and increase GPU memory voltage until you find an error-free setup. Then make a more accurate adjustment.

Thank you!! : )

Using hwinfo is a good idea? there seems to be no unanimity in what is the acceptable number of errors in forums

Activating -strap triggers errors a lot, although it seems that the gpu remains stable
Activity: 220
Merit: 12
Today i waked up to my nvidia rig fo 1050ti 4gb telleing me CUDA error 11 can allocate buffer.

I already have de virtual w10 memory ramped up. I tried not appliying any overclock. I update w10 and nvidia drive with no luck. Claymore v15 by the way

Can anyone give some tip...

Thanks
Install linux.
Activity: 50
Same problem. woke up, 2 farms with 1050ti 4gb are down.

claymore 15.0
win10 32gb virtual memory (was 16) but increase not helped

NVIDIA Cards available: 1
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 9.2/8.0
GPU #1: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4096 MB available, 6 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 1:0:0)
Total cards: 1

You can use "+" and "-" keys to achieve best ETH speed, see "FINE TUNING" section in Readme for details.

GPU #1 strap "2" is applied successfully
All AMD cards use Compute Mode already
CrossFire is disabled already
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'us1.ethermine.org' <172.65.218.238> port 4444 (unsecure)
ETH: Stratum - Connected (us1.ethermine.org:4444) (unsecure)
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #294(3.30GB)...
ETH: 10/27/19-14:04:01 - New job from us1.ethermine.org:4444
ETH - Total Speed: 0.000 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:00
ETH: GPU1 0.000 Mh/s

GPU #1: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4096 MB available, 6 compute units, capability: 6.1  (pci bus 1:0:0)
Incorrect ETH shares: none
1 minute average ETH total speed: 0.000 Mh/s
Pool switches: ETH - 0
Pool shares accepting time (1 hour stats) - min 0 ms, max 0 ms, average 0 ms
Current ETH share target: 0x0000000112e0be82 (diff: 4000MH), epoch 294(3.30GB)
Current -dcri values: -dcri 30

ETH: 10/27/19-14:04:06 - New job from us1.ethermine.org:4444
Setting DAG epoch #294 for GPU1
Create GPU buffer for GPU1
CUDA error - cannot allocate big buffer for DAG. Check readme.txt for possible solutions.
ETH: 10/27/19-14:04:09 - New job from us1.ethermine.org:4444
GPU 1 failed
Activity: 48

I already have de virtual w10 memory ramped up. I tried not appliying any overclock. I update w10 and nvidia drive with no luck. Claymore v15 by the way

Can anyone give some tip...

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

Please, could you tell me who reads if with these memory errors the gpus could be stable?

If something goes wrong, reduce memory clocks and increase GPU memory voltage until you find an error-free setup. Then make a more accurate adjustment.
Activity: 296
This miner will have support to progpow algo? Smiley  Cool
I used older versions of Claymore without -strap and -rxboost options.
When I tried latest version with -strap and -rxboost option I got a very nice gains. My cards (470s, 570s, 580s) went up above 32mh, 33mh.
But that was all reported hashrate. Truth was that my current hashrate dropped and I mined much less than earlier.
Maybe I was doing something wrong

I've been testing a gpu in ethermine for two days and it gives me more benefits than any other miner I've tried.

My only doubt is the stability that I can have, the maximum I have had the gpu is 40 min, I am using my personal pc

It gives me many memory errors according to hwinfo, I plan to put a 6 gpus rig in principle

screenshots:

https://imgur.com/ZNssF1U

https://imgur.com/ULGkbaB

Regards : )
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
I used older versions of Claymore without -strap and -rxboost options.
When I tried latest version with -strap and -rxboost option I got a very nice gains. My cards (470s, 570s, 580s) went up above 32mh, 33mh.
But that was all reported hashrate. Truth was that my current hashrate dropped and I mined much less than earlier.
Maybe I was doing something wrong
Activity: 14
Will the latest version work with the latest Windows 10  builds?  

Been a while since I have mined but figured I might as well heat my house with my miners this winter.  

I remember trying to turn of windows updates and it was impossible, would wake up to tragedy... I wonder if windows ever addressed that?

Thanks everyone, mine on!  Someday our ships will come in.  Smiley

========================EDIT:==========================

OK> this should do it: How to permanently disable windows updates:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvQVZSUbes

>>>>>>>

New question:  Which windows 10 build seems to work best? Thanks

If I remember correctly we stayed on 1709 for a while because 1803 caused the miner to take a long pause or stop. Also ATIFlash was not supported by 1803. Both issues are fixed and you can use any build. I let mine update to the latest. I think it's a good idea to at least stay on a build that is still supported by Microsoft. Smiley
Microsoft has changed it's policy a bit, they no longer push new builds automatically, you have to start the update manually. You get updates to the build you are on as long as it's supported and get reminded that your build is near end of support. I'm not sure if they will push the new build if you reach the end of support date.

HELO!

FOr miner use Windows 10  Pro RS3 X64 Build v1709.16299.192
to STOP Windows 10 Automatic Updates (gpedit & regedit)

Have fun!
Activity: 1
Hi guys,

I have a weird issue since claymore 14.5 with my Gigabyte 1070 8gb.

I have a rig with 3 AMD rx 580, 2 1070, and 2 1070 Ti.

Before 14.5 1070s had hashrate of around 32MHs, with settings: -300 +600 powlimit -38

Since I updated the claymore, hashrate on 1070s dropped to around 27MHs. 1070Tis are working fine and its hashrate actually improved from 32 to 34.

If I want to have 32MHs on 1070s I have to set core clock to +100 and powlimit to -20. This setting uses much more power.
Any idea why is this happening?

Best Regards
Activity: 16
My rigs running with 4GB Nitro GPU's are utilizing 3.4GB onboard RAM, and 4.8GB Vitual Memory each.

On my H110's I have Vitual Memory settings to 65536 MB, with 12 GPU.

Running fine on Claymore 11.5, don't work on 14.5.
Hi

I am having trouble knowing when the gpu is stable, I have always used HWinfo to see gpu memory errors and if I had no errors it was stable.

Now it marks errors with a lot of oc or without any oc, I deduce that it is when applying -strap

I leave some screenshots, using memory at 2000 (default) or 2240 always gives memory errors

regards!!  : )
But I have a doubt, I tried the original bios and everything works fine, if I apply it to a previously modified bios, does it work well?

Do I have to use the original bios of each gpu?

To use the parameter - strap it is ideal that all your gpus are running with the original BIOS, this must be the reason for your problems.

I will do so, thank you very much! : )
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
But I have a doubt, I tried the original bios and everything works fine, if I apply it to a previously modified bios, does it work well?

To use the parameter - strap it is ideal that all your gpus are running with the original BIOS, this must be the reason for your problems.
Hi

I've started using Claymore again and I'm lost, I've been testing -rxboost and -strap, more mh/s ^^

I did a test and I think it doesn't work well with the previously modified bios.

sorry for writing bad english

Regards : )
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
Hi,

I'm using the 15.0 miner version on Linux with 3 AMD cards, 2x R9 390X and 1x RX VEGA64, but it seems like the miner only recognize either the two R9 or only the RX, even if the three are recognized by the system ?

Is there a potential fix for this issue ?

Thanks in advance
Activity: 195
Merit: 4
I am getting a hard reset everytime I try any of the straps. I have testing mode enabled, secure boot off, driver 19.4.1 installed and 8 hynix rx580 8gb cards on win 10. When it goes to apply straps, it gets to the point where it shows the strap has been applied to the 2nd card and then...boom, reset. Tried with all levels of strap (1->5). I am setting the clocks with overdriventool externally, at 1751mhz (pretty low for testing sake).

The same thing is happening to me.I am at my wits end with this rig PLEASE SOME ONE ANYONE HELP!!! so i have a 6x rx rig with 4 x470 and 2 x570 all 8gb. ok so like a few days ago it crashed right and this is after a month of solid mining with no resets or reboots or crashes. so things that i have tried i replaced the psu with a 1200 watt seasonic prime which is more than enough, i also switched out mobo from a gigabyte h110 dm3 to a asrock  btc pro, i have tried lowering the clocks, i have tried mining on just the rx470s and the 570s all to no avail, the only thing i havent done yet is switch out all the risers i am waiting on mine to arrive which is tomorrow. but i highly doubt that will fix the issue as i am able to mine with phoneix miner but the hashrate is pretty shittty. i mean going from 191 mh/s to 90 something is unacceptable. so please any one some one please help i am open to any suggestions at this point.

Have you tried to DDU yet?
yes tried that multiple times with a gang of drivers and even went as far as too reinstall windows on a different ssd and all...
ANYONE HELP!!! Please
So then nothing huh...

Going from 190 to 90 mhs = your drivers aren't in compute mode.

Honestly, PM is faster overall.... Set drivers to compute, download the tweak tool and set tref to 30 and see where you end up.... My (6) card rig of 470s run 197 mhs on PM.
Activity: 22
I am getting a hard reset everytime I try any of the straps. I have testing mode enabled, secure boot off, driver 19.4.1 installed and 8 hynix rx580 8gb cards on win 10. When it goes to apply straps, it gets to the point where it shows the strap has been applied to the 2nd card and then...boom, reset. Tried with all levels of strap (1->5). I am setting the clocks with overdriventool externally, at 1751mhz (pretty low for testing sake).

The same thing is happening to me.I am at my wits end with this rig PLEASE SOME ONE ANYONE HELP!!! so i have a 6x rx rig with 4 x470 and 2 x570 all 8gb. ok so like a few days ago it crashed right and this is after a month of solid mining with no resets or reboots or crashes. so things that i have tried i replaced the psu with a 1200 watt seasonic prime which is more than enough, i also switched out mobo from a gigabyte h110 dm3 to a asrock  btc pro, i have tried lowering the clocks, i have tried mining on just the rx470s and the 570s all to no avail, the only thing i havent done yet is switch out all the risers i am waiting on mine to arrive which is tomorrow. but i highly doubt that will fix the issue as i am able to mine with phoneix miner but the hashrate is pretty shittty. i mean going from 191 mh/s to 90 something is unacceptable. so please any one some one please help i am open to any suggestions at this point.

Have you tried to DDU yet?
yes tried that multiple times with a gang of drivers and even went as far as too reinstall windows on a different ssd and all...
ANYONE HELP!!! Please
So then nothing huh...
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
what's the actual best secundary coin to mine with ETH on claymore?
try xvg maybe? but as mentioned earlier it may not worth it to stress the cards, even if your electricity cost is zero. it was fun two years ago for ~15% increase in consumption you could get over 10% increase comparing to ETH produced. not the case now:)
Pages:
Jump to: