Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 785. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 848
Merit: 500
I found some messages that slowdown for bigger DAGs is related to my miner only, and sgminer is ok. I would like to see some proofs instead of rumors from youtube.
So if someone can post the command line for sgminer for some future epoch (e.g. #150 or higher) here and the link to sgminer binary that should be used for tests, it would be good and we all could confirm it.
Where's llink?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I found some messages that slowdown for bigger DAGs is related to my miner only, and sgminer is ok. I would like to see some proofs instead of rumors from youtube.
So if someone can post the command line for sgminer for some future epoch (e.g. #150 or higher) here and the link to sgminer binary that should be used for tests, it would be good and we all could confirm it.
Activity: 810
Merit: 444
Thank you for this new version, particulary for Linux users :-).

Are you thinking about some optimisation for nVidia users (for example because DAG limitations for AMD users) ?
donator
Miners developer
Claymore,
Can you verify if you are in talk with AMD developers to get this bug thrashing issue fixed? While your at it, how about getting it fixed on the R9 280X also, I miss the 28MH/s speeds I used to get with Tahiti GPUs.

Yes I can confirm it, but it does not mean that this problem will be fixed.
ckh
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I am having some problems with the temp/fan monitor, v9.5 shows only 3 out of 4 cards temp/fan (gpu0, gpu1, gpu2).
After updated to v9.6, it shows gpu0, gpu2, gpu3. Any solution to show all 4 cards temp/fan?
GPU-z shows all 4 cards stats without problem.

May be disable crossfire? If it is not the case, I need more info about GPUs.

[/quote]

Didn't realize crossfire is not disable, problem solved. Thanks a lot! Grin
donator
Miners developer
There is an interesting optimization for Nvidia Cuda (esp. 1060 cards) being discussed here:

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/pull/18

Maybe something for Claymore as well.
You are sixth or seventh here. Try to read thread before posting something

It will take me a few days to check it and release an update.
Firstly, I need to buy 1060 card since I have 1080 and 1070 only, 1060 was not good for mining in past so I did not buy it and did not check it.
Then I will try to get higher speed in dual mining for these cards.

I am having some problems with the temp/fan monitor, v9.5 shows only 3 out of 4 cards temp/fan (gpu0, gpu1, gpu2).
After updated to v9.6, it shows gpu0, gpu2, gpu3. Any solution to show all 4 cards temp/fan?

May be disable crossfire? If it is not the case, I need more info about GPUs.
Activity: 12
Hey,

I am having the issue that Claymore doesnt detect my GTX 970 GPUs.

I already tried to change to Driver 352.84 but still having this issue.

OS is Win 10
Activity: 67
I have been testing all ports on the MB. PCI-E ports 2 and 3 are broken. When I using different carts on these ports using less watts and not stable. When I use GPU cards on PCI-E ports 1, 4, 5 and 6 i have stable hashing rate and using 100 watt. You can see here https://i.imgur.com/cbNRs5O.jpg

Are you using -mvddc for underclock your memory?

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure that a PCI-E port is broken. Especially if it's your first 16x one. Try not using different cards, but only one for which you are sure it is performing well on another PCI-E port. Then start narrowing down the possible reasons - Riser, Riser cable, don't overclock the card -> test in 2 different ports with the same Riser.

I guess you meant memory overclock, not underclock. After trying a number of different tools, at the end Claymore -mvddc isn't working for me so I'm using Afterburner. For the moment core underclock and memory overclock is being auto applied properly on every reboot.
ckh
Activity: 2
Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
New version coming soon?

Impatient RX 560 user here (hope that announced RX 460 ASM support
means it will work for RX 560 too)

Check my recent message about it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/claymore-306958
I ordered another card and will add ASM for it soon, but not in upcoming version which will be available in a few hours.

Pity...good luck with next one  Smiley
Activity: 28
There is an interesting optimization for Nvidia Cuda (esp. 1060 cards) being discussed here:

You are sixth or seventh here. Try to read thread before posting something
Activity: 1

Activity: 6
- do not use Microsoft Remote Connection app - use Teamviewer or VNC instead
it's not true. I use RDP without any problem with hashrate.
Connect from OSX, iOS, Windows.

Great! You are the Chosen one!
and my 6 rigs...

One out of hundreds who are affected - search this forum to see the evidences ...

I know about this problem but I can't recreate it, maybe because I use HDMI to VGA adapter.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Hey guys, help to troubleshoot, on ethermine.org my ETH rate is well below reported though SIA is OK. Should i switch pool or look somwhere into my system? Win 10 latest version, latest drivers, on wifi:

WiFir esults:

Activity: 21
Claymore miners always crash when its start, but nicehash integrated claymore miners runs normally

what os are u using?

Win 10, i have two rig running windows 10, but in my one rig claymore crash on the startup, but nicehash apps claymore can run normally
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Hey guys, I'm about to recalibrate my rig to try out this dual miner.  I read through some of the posts but not all of them, and I was wondering is Crimson 15.12 still the best driver for R9 Fury's (and R9 Nano.. seeing that the Radeon Pro Duo is 2x Nano's)  on Windows 10?

Also, is it safe to download legacy drivers from guru3d?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-15-12-driver-download.html

I believe 16.3 is the best driver for R9 Fury.

Do you know from first hand experience with this miner and the specified cards? I only ask because Claymore states on the first page:
For AMD cards, Catalyst (Crimson) 15.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. You can get very bad results for different drivers version, or miner can fail on startup.

I use his miner for Zcash, and that is infact the case, 16.32 is the preferred driver for Claymore 12.5 Zcash, but this miner is a different beast, and I didn't see any mention of the R9 Fury in his OP, but I did see that he mentioned 15.12... in Zcash he mentioned the 16.xx drivers, which I use.

I have quiet a few r9 furys, over 120 that is Smiley if you have r9 fury and running claymore, doesn't it say use 16.3 for best results?
Activity: 49
Hey guys, I'm about to recalibrate my rig to try out this dual miner.  I read through some of the posts but not all of them, and I was wondering is Crimson 15.12 still the best driver for R9 Fury's (and R9 Nano.. seeing that the Radeon Pro Duo is 2x Nano's)  on Windows 10?

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-15-12-driver-download.html

Do you know from first hand experience with this miner and the specified cards? I only ask because Claymore states on the first page:
For AMD cards, Catalyst (Crimson) 15.12 is required for best performance and compatibility. You can get very bad results for different drivers version, or miner can fail on startup.

I use his miner for Zcash, and that is infact the case, 16.32 is the preferred driver for Claymore 12.5 Zcash, but this miner is a different beast, and I didn't see any mention of the R9 Fury in his OP, but I did see that he mentioned 15.12... in Zcash he mentioned the 16.xx drivers, which I use.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Activity: 848
Merit: 500
Claymore,

Can you verify if you are in talk with AMD developers to get this bug thrashing issue fixed? While your at it, how about getting it fixed on the R9 280X also, I miss the 28MH/s speeds I used to get with Tahiti GPUs.
I think with 280x is GCN problem.
Activity: 49

Jump to: