Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 905. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
hi, any way to run both ETC and ETH on same comp using claymore?

I tried to direct GPU 0+1 to ETC and 2345 to ETH.
ETC using client 9.1, and ETH client 9.2 So both using different folders etc.

However I can only run 1 at a time.
Bind failed with error: 10048: (port for remote management is busy, use different -mport value)
Port value is 3333 according to page 1. can I put "-mport 3334" on ETC? or will this screw up with the pool?

Hi ! -mport is used to monitor your rig. You can use different port for each miner instance.

No matter to the pool.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

this is confusing. I'd think that 'ms' is the time measured from the moment you submitted the share till you got response from the pool. and if so it wouldn't probably have to do anything with the miner version, but the network conditions.  also obviously when the block time is short your ping better be fast.

Let's try another explanation.

If your computer is running basic addition........

... meaning the lowest difficulty setting on that port is a lot higher than 3334.

This is all fascinating, seems that you're on the right track - a bit more learning and you'll understand how it all works.
However my point was that the EdjOne's claim is likely an absurd one.
And the same goes to you on your difficulty talk. EDIT: Meaning - it has nothing to do with the poll response time.

Maybe you are right, but it's easy to see that profit of ETH on same rig with same internet and environment with 8.0 and 9.3 is different. Only the reason to stay with 9.3 is due to possibility to continue mine dcr same time (dual mining). I'm beginner in mining (few month only). I'm understand about difficulty of the  block, but profit is better on 8.0
Activity: 9
hi, any way to run both ETC and ETH on same comp using claymore?

I tried to direct GPU 0+1 to ETC and 2345 to ETH.
ETC using client 9.1, and ETH client 9.2 So both using different folders etc.

However I can only run 1 at a time.
Bind failed with error: 10048: (port for remote management is busy, use different -mport value)
Port value is 3333 according to page 1. can I put "-mport 3334" on ETC? or will this screw up with the pool?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262

this is confusing. I'd think that 'ms' is the time measured from the moment you submitted the share till you got response from the pool. and if so it wouldn't probably have to do anything with the miner version, but the network conditions.  also obviously when the block time is short your ping better be fast.

If your computer is running basic addition........

... meaning the lowest difficulty setting on that port is a lot higher than 3334.

This is all fascinating, seems that you're on the right track - a bit more learning and you'll understand how it all works.
However my point was that the EdjOne's claim is likely an absurd one.
And the same goes to you on your difficulty talk. EDIT: Meaning - it has nothing to do with the poll response time.
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
On both version - v9.0 and v9.3 I have the same cpu usage on (latest G4560 3.5 GHz) about 1-2% overall cpu usage of whole system

If you are sure that the reason is the miner, not your pool or internet connection, you can create two log files and PM them, I will compare them.
I can confirm that actual hashrate(current hashrate) is a bit lower on 9.3.My average hashrate dropped with 10 since I updated to 9.3 from 9.1

true but 2nd coin got x2 increase do mind that asm optimizations shifted optimal dcri
also try "-eqlim 288" for polaris
Ok, Boss, affirmative Smiley
already got 36 CU recognized, -dcri is 7/8 depends on gpu memory type and no , I do not dualmine.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
@claymore , could you help me out?

I've been using version 4.3 until recently upgraded to 9.3

Under the same settings, 4.3 works perfectly fine, but when running 9.3, artifacts starts to appear. Solo eth mining does not affect anything but I'm doing dual mining all along..

Are there anyways to fix that?

I'm using 380x gpus
Activity: 26
Aight guys i'm having a weird issue.
i have 3 pretty much identical systems

G4400+ asus h270plus/csm
6x Asus strix 470 4gb pushing 27mh/s ea

the issue is on 2 of the rigs after 15minutes or so GPU:0 on 2 systems drop from 27mh/s down to 8hm/s

restarting the miner gets them to work at 27 mh/s again but they soon drop back down to 8mh/s

I've replaced cables, and the issue persists is it possible its and issue with the riser or another issue all together?

are the cards hooked to monitors?

they are not.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

G4400+ asus h270plus/csm

the issue is on 2 of the rigs after 15minutes or so GPU:0 on 2 systems drop from 27mh/s down to 8hm/s

restarting the miner gets them to work at 27 mh/s again but they soon drop back down to 8mh/s

I've replaced cables, and the issue persists is it possible its and issue with the riser or another issue all together?

are the cards hooked to monitors?
Activity: 26

G4400+ asus h270plus/csm

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Slightly off-topic: Can I use NiceHash without allpools now? (I remember trying this a few months ago and getting temporarily banned by their spam filter.)
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
To reduce variables I placed the two ASUS cards in the PCI-e slots on the mobo.  Tested it and had no problems.  This ruled out any bad cards.

Placed the cards BOTH on risers (no card on the mobo directly) and it failed within a few minutes of load.   Bad risers.

Anyone have a suggestion on good quality risers?
I Recommend buying from Hawkfish007
Here is the amazon link
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=w_bl_hsx_s_pa_web_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hawkfish007
Activity: 582
Merit: 250
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
Newbie here.  Any help appreciated.

Setting up my rig.  This worked yesterday for a 36 hour run

- MSI Z170A Gaming M7
      - 1x Sapphire Nitro (no plus) 8G RX480  (rookie mistake slower memory)
      - 1x Asus Dual RX 480 8G
          BOTH GPUs mounted on mobo
      - windows 7 64bit
      - Claymore v 9.3
      - crimson v 17.4.3
      - firewall off

My config:

-epool USEast.Alpereum.ch:3002
-ewal (xxxxx)
-epsw x
-mode 1
-ethi 16
-tt 85
-asm 0
-wd 2
-benchmark
-fanmin 70

Ran great.  Just going for stability, not speed yet.  Both cards hashed around 24-25Mh/s

------------
Today the risers arrived. (MintCell v006)

Moved the the ASUS DUAL card to the riser.  Added a second ASUS DUAL card with riser.  Sapphire remained on mobo in PCIe slot.

Started Claymore.  All cards hashing about 24-25Mh/s

After 3 minutes of mining ATI driver crash.  One mining card stops mining.

Reboot.  Same behavior.

---------
Read the forums.  Tried to back off to the suggested v15.2 driver, but it would not run with my RX 480.  Settled on driver 16.11.5

Same behavior.

----------

Ran the rig with the Sapphire mounted in case and only 1 ASUS on riser.   This was stable.

-----------

Any ideas?  I have swapped risers to no avail.  I can run 2 cards stable, but adding the third causes a crash a few minutes into mining.

At the time of the crashes no cards are running super hot.  (60-70 C)

Thanks

To reduce variables I placed the two ASUS cards in the PCI-e slots on the mobo.  Tested it and had no problems.  This ruled out any bad cards.

Placed the cards BOTH on risers (no card on the mobo directly) and it failed within a few minutes of load.   Bad risers.

The powered risers are usually good.

1. Check the tracks look sound on the PCI PCB.
2. You may need to change you PCI settings in your BIOS. check out this link on a similarish board https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/11404/msi-z170-7-gpu-bios-setting-step-by-step
Activity: 274
Merit: 133

- MSI Z170A Gaming M7
      - 1x Asus Dual RX 480 8G
      - windows 7 64bit
      - Claymore v 9.3
      - crimson v 17.4.3
      - firewall off

My config:

-ewal (xxxxx)
-epsw x
-mode 1
-ethi 16
-tt 85
-asm 0
-wd 2
-benchmark
-fanmin 70

Ran great.  Just going for stability, not speed yet.  Both cards hashed around 24-25Mh/s

------------

Moved the the ASUS DUAL card to the riser.  Added a second ASUS DUAL card with riser.  Sapphire remained on mobo in PCIe slot.

Reboot.  Same behavior.

---------
Read the forums.  Tried to back off to the suggested v15.2 driver, but it would not run with my RX 480.  Settled on driver 16.11.5

Same behavior.

----------

Ran the rig with the Sapphire mounted in case and only 1 ASUS on riser.   This was stable.

-----------

Any ideas?  I have swapped risers to no avail.  I can run 2 cards stable, but adding the third causes a crash a few minutes into mining.

Thanks

The powered risers are usually good.
Activity: 13

- MSI Z170A Gaming M7
      - 1x Asus Dual RX 480 8G
      - windows 7 64bit
      - Claymore v 9.3
      - crimson v 17.4.3
      - firewall off

My config:

-ewal (xxxxx)
-epsw x
-mode 1
-ethi 16
-tt 85
-asm 0
-wd 2
-benchmark
-fanmin 70

------------

Reboot.  Same behavior.

---------

Same behavior.

----------

-----------

Thanks

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
 Regarding the use of the Decred pool, yiimp.ccminer.org:4252, if I use 4252, I don't get anything. If I use the decred port 3242 from the Yiimp site, a few accepted but many errors.

v9.3 fixed this.

Found that the Decred pool,  yiimp.ccminer.org:3252 per the website works.
Activity: 450
Merit: 255
Could be a bad Card, A bad Riser, or even as simple as a bad factory card overclock.
Activity: 13

- MSI Z170A Gaming M7
      - 1x Asus Dual RX 480 8G
      - windows 7 64bit
      - Claymore v 9.3
      - crimson v 17.4.3
      - firewall off

My config:

-ewal (xxxxx)
-epsw x
-mode 1
-ethi 16
-tt 85
-asm 0
-wd 2
-benchmark
-fanmin 70

------------

Reboot.  Same behavior.

---------

Same behavior.

----------

-----------

Thanks

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
So much posting test results on the RX460 4G OC like I promised, after paying for my order and waiting a week I got a call from the store. I go down to the store to puck up the card and she tells me "we can't sell you the card at this price" and advises me she didn't even order the card.

How's that for Jewed? At least I got my money back.

You know what is really amazing?  Not so much that there are still racists in our midst... there always will be... but it's baffling that in 2017, when there is soooo much attention against racist acts and comments (and rightfully so), that some people are STILL willing post that crap!  Seriously man, how about you educate yourself... maybe watch a few documentaries about the holocaust... then maybe you will think twice before posting your racist BS.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
So much posting test results on the RX460 4G OC like I promised, after paying for my order and waiting a week I got a call from the store. I go down to the store to puck up the card and she tells me "we can't sell you the card at this price" and advises me she didn't even order the card.

How's that for Jewed? At least I got my money back.

GLAD YOU GOT YOUR MONEY BACK--

The RX 400 series cards are not being manufactured any longer.  After a couple articles about RX 500 series cards and mining, the RX 400 series cards sold out.  The RX 460 cards do OK, almost as good as an R7 370 with less energy.

I had a 6-card RX 460 rig.  You could buy several at once when the bigger RX 400 series cards sold 1 or 2 at a time.  I kept the original boxes and accessories nice, and the boxes are small.  I mined ZEC and CryptoNight with them.

PM me if you want some, they run like new.  I am in the USA.       --scryptr

EDIT:  I'll give you a good deal.  =)       --scryptr
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

this is confusing. I'd think that 'ms' is the time measured from the moment you submitted the share till you got response from the pool. and if so it wouldn't probably have to do anything with the miner version, but the network conditions.  also obviously when the block time is short your ping better be fast.

If your computer is running basic addition and subtraction then it can solve a lot more math problems.
If my computer is running calculus then it solves less problems but they're more difficult.

Mining pools and mining software take this into calculating your hashrate and your rewards.  Hashrate is not based only on how many/how fast you submit shares. It's also based on the difficulty of the shares you submit.

Look at, for example, Dwarfpool's ZEC pool.  This is part of their configuration:

Code:
Main-Port (vardiff): 3333
Stratum-Port (dwarf=8,miner=256): 3334 for CPU
Stratum-Port (dwarf=128,miner=4096): 3335 for one videocard
Stratum-Port (dwarf=512,miner=16384): 3336 for rigs with 2-4 cards
Stratum-Port (dwarf=1024,miner=32768): 3337 for rigs with >=5 cards

What this means is that the difficulty is set higher on port 3337 than the other ports. 3334 is the lowest difficulty.

Port 3333 is regular varying difficulty. Most pools run this way. The difficulty varies.

Port 3334 is the lowest. Port 3337 is the highest... meaning the lowest difficulty setting on that port is a lot higher than 3334.

Jump to: