Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 992. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
for eth only what speeds are people getting for

380x

thanks

I have 4 gpu rigs and only getting about 50hs total per rig according to coinotron? this is wrong or correct? i was hoping nearer to 80? perhaps?

For the 7970, it is less than 10 MH/s .

it used to be 20 for that.... damn that has gone down quite a bit
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

That's what has me so confused, because I keep reading all over the place that people say they get it, but I can't figure out for the life of me how. On here and the Eth forums people say they can push their 4g's to 28 pretty easily, and I've used Wattman and modded Bios's and can't find a way to do it.

Numbers reflect better quality cards.  Even with the same exact model of graphics cards if you have 10 of them, 2 will perform better than the others and 1 or 2 will have a hard time with modded bios at all.

One of my Nitro+ Sapphire rx 480 8GB is bad like that. It doesn't play well with any modded BIOS. Another works fine with modded BIOS and can do the 29 MH.

Some people are also quoting numbers from 6 months ago.

And a few people lie.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Can someone help me figure out why I can't get anymore than 22 MH/s on my MSI RX 480 4g Armor? I keep seeing people say how they're getting 28-30 on a similar card, but I can't figure it out. I've tried a different Bios and Overclocking, but it really doesn't seem to do much. Is there a specific Bios for this card that I need to us? It has Hynix memory. It just feels really weak to what everyone else is getting.

Good luck getting much more than 24 Mhs on those cards.  I believe the ones that claim 28-30 are full of shit.  I accidentally bought a rig with a 6 Sapphire rx 480 4g set up early in my mining days when I didn't know what I was doing and it seemed real cheap and I have screwed around with them only to finally give up and I now just mine the hell out of DCR because they are good for that.  I run the cards with DCR at 90 and get 22-24 Mhs and accept what I get.  Anything I try with them to increase ETH prodcution causes the cards to drop out or get the OpenCL failure.  I can get the 8g versions to work just fine and mine at the levels you state, but the 4g cards just don't have enough ass to get it done.  If you do figure it out, please let me know the trick, and in the meantime, good luck.

That's what has me so confused, because I keep reading all over the place that people say they get it, but I can't figure out for the life of me how. On here and the Eth forums people say they can push their 4g's to 28 pretty easily, and I've used Wattman and modded Bios's and can't find a way to do it.
Activity: 100
Can someone help me figure out why I can't get anymore than 22 MH/s on my MSI RX 480 4g Armor? I keep seeing people say how they're getting 28-30 on a similar card, but I can't figure it out. I've tried a different Bios and Overclocking, but it really doesn't seem to do much. Is there a specific Bios for this card that I need to us? It has Hynix memory. It just feels really weak to what everyone else is getting.

Good luck getting much more than 24 Mhs on those cards.  I believe the ones that claim 28-30 are full of shit.  I accidentally bought a rig with a 6 Sapphire rx 480 4g set up early in my mining days when I didn't know what I was doing and it seemed real cheap and I have screwed around with them only to finally give up and I now just mine the hell out of DCR because they are good for that.  I run the cards with DCR at 90 and get 22-24 Mhs and accept what I get.  Anything I try with them to increase ETH prodcution causes the cards to drop out or get the OpenCL failure.  I can get the 8g versions to work just fine and mine at the levels you state, but the 4g cards just don't have enough ass to get it done.  If you do figure it out, please let me know the trick, and in the meantime, good luck.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
v8.1:

- EthMan: added option for font color selection.
Thank you man! Finally!
 -colors 4 and there is clear yellow line. For all old lcd-s that purple temp line is hard to read

in console - thats the biggest pain ...

#crysx
Activity: 100
I've been using Corsair 1000W supplies since I first started mining. I dual mined Eth + Siacoin / Decred and found the PSU pushed to the limit with 6 RX480s.

I've since stuck with mining Eth-only, but I'm building some new rigs for mining (6 RX470 4GB cards) and want to explore dual mining again. For dual mining Eth + second coin, is 1200W power supply enough?

I run 20 rigs, 10 rigs are Sapphire rx 470 8g, and 10 rigs are Sapphire rx 480 8g, and all rigs are run with an eVGA 1300W psu.  I am dual mining ETH/DCR and run the DCR up to maximize output without hurting my ETH production.  That tends to lend itself to 1100W of power which is right at 10.0A of current on the 480 rigs.  Since I run 2 rigs off of one 20A breaker, I run a 470 rig and a 480 rig together because the 480's pull more power but can mine at a slightly higher rate and I control to a total load of 19A to make sure my breakers don't trip due to the swings in the process and power supply from the city.  All of my cards run a Mod'd bios and I run my cards to get 28.0 Mhs on the 470's and 29.0 Mhs on the 480's.  Depending on how you run your systems, I would recommend the 1300W psu since they are not much more expensive and it gives you some room on the DCR if you are only going to run one machine per circuit.  The more DCR you mine, the more power you will consume.  Plus, it will keep you away from the ragged edge of pushing you psu out of its control power factor.  Going up to a 1600W psu doubles the price and is only relevant if you have the room to pull that kind of power on your circuits.  Hope that helps.
Activity: 84
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

380x

thanks

I have 4 gpu rigs and only getting about 50hs total per rig according to coinotron? this is wrong or correct? i was hoping nearer to 80? perhaps?

For the 7970, it is less than 10 MH/s .
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

380x

thanks

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Anyway to use the "ttli" when the first GPU is disabled?

Like I am running ETH mining with -di 12345

The first GPU is mining XMR. But when GPU 0 is running hot, it throttles the first GPU (di 1) with the ETH miner.

The temperatures are mapped at the start of GPU0, and not necessarily the correct GPU.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I gave a try this miner yesterday (usually mining xmr, but seeing the current eth profitability ...  Grin).
The miner works ok, even though the power consumption increased a lot compared to XMR, but this is quite normal since ethhash is more power hungry than CN.

However i noticed that my primary adapter's speed is way lower the the other cards. All my cards are RX470 4GB, running at around 30MH/s while the primary GPU is runing at around 11MH/s (the same ratio can be observed with decred mining : ~380 vs 140).
I tried to lower the intensity, and to switch to mining only eth, no difference at all.
Any idea why?

(On XMR there the primary GPU performs less as well, but is only 10% behing the others or so)
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Sorry , for use only ETH with 2 board ? ( i have 6 gtx 1070 )

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal address -epsw x -di 1 2 <------ ( this -di 1 2 work only 1 board )

Thanks .
Activity: 72
Hi there.

I'm having some issues with the devfee. It seems like it cannot connect to the mining pools defined by Claymore, so the miner stops working after some time.
Anyone else having this issue?

try to add -allpools 1 to you batch file.

I've done that.
The miner keeps skipping from dwarfpool to ethpool to ethermine until it stops, always with the same message: failed to connect, retry in 20 sec.
The strange thing is that I'm mining in ethermine myself, with no issues.

Any ideas?

Maybe you have the port blocked by your provider, it happened to me, port 4444 is blocked.
Activity: 79

Can you point me out the directions to get Boysies BIOS...

Boysie's BIOS are on the ethereum forums.

Here is a link to his low power BIOS. You can search for his other ones there.
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9400/boysies-rx480-ref-bios-29mh-low-pwr-eth-or-dual-mining
I have tested it and it does not run stable. Sometimes it runs 30h and freeze, othertime after 2h it freezes my Windows 10. Tried with different Catalyst versions. You will see...
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
I tried a different Bios, but I couldn't find many that looked promising for a 4gb card with Hynix memory. I've also OCed the Mem speed to 1825, but didn't see a difference in the speed, I can't figure that out, or why the speed fluctuates like it does.

I'm having the same issues as you for 2 weeks now, the speed drops for a while from 29.5Mh/s to 20 or 21 Mh/s, then goes back up again.
So far i've tried different bioses, installed new OS ( tried win 7/10 ), but can't figure out what the problem is.
Activity: 67
I've been using Corsair 1000W supplies since I first started mining. I dual mined Eth + Siacoin / Decred and found the PSU pushed to the limit with 6 RX480s.

I've since stuck with mining Eth-only, but I'm building some new rigs for mining (6 RX470 4GB cards) and want to explore dual mining again. For dual mining Eth + second coin, is 1200W power supply enough?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252

Boysie's BIOS are on the ethereum forums.

Here is a link to his low power BIOS. You can search for his other ones there.
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/9400/boysies-rx480-ref-bios-29mh-low-pwr-eth-or-dual-mining
Activity: 48
Hi, i just started mining with claymore. 5 RX480 red devils, and on of them keeps hashing low, i copy what im getting

ETH - Total Speed: 102.287 Mh/s, Total Shares: 139, Rejected: 0, Time: 01:35
ETH: GPU0 4.220 Mh/s, GPU1 24.774 Mh/s, GPU2 24.149 Mh/s, GPU3 24.665 Mh/s, GPU4 24.718 Mh/s

Can you guys help me and tell why getting that low hash rate

Thanks

I had same problem with simplemining Linux running Claymore.

I switched back to Win 10 no problems.

Im running Win 10. Crimson 16.6 for drivers...

That GPU seems locked in core clock and memory clock, dont know why.

Im ticking with the settings of my cards, two of them i get it cool working, but when i apply the same settings to the others two i get

WATCHDOG: GPU 3 hangs in OpenCL call, exit o WATCHDOG: GPU 1 hangs in OpenCL call, exit

Can someone give tips on how to solve this two issues...

I had the same issue with my 6x XFX RX480 rig and became more stable when switched back to 16.9.2 crimson driver. All cards are flashed with Boysie's 29MH Low power bios mod. Getting 173MH/s on 6x XFX RX480 8GB with 850W power usage from the wall.

Activity: 23
Does anyone know whats up with this error?

server: bind failed with error: 98, next attempt in 10sec...
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
It would have been more useful to a higher speed of eth Undecided

He mentioned previously he was going to try to squeeze a few percent more out, perhaps it wasn't possible after all..
Jump to: