Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's XPM (PrimeCoin) GPU Miner v13.2 - page 7. (Read 41562 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v12.2 is available:

- Added "-m" option to improve compatibility with some systems ("-m 0") or to increase mining speed a bit ("-m 2").
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
i have been mining using your restart bat files, so far 1 block in 24 hours.... the previous day (yesterday) i found 7 blocks, now only 1 single block

its because you dont have  a brain

says "ozzy"  lol... "of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"  --Ozzy Osbourne

But really... is anyone really having good luck with XPM solo any more?  the difficulty is mighty high but this calculator should be close: http://anty.info/primecoin-calculator/

I dont have luck any more with solo.... I was tried to figure out where is the problem. And don`t say because of high diff. I am found blocks with high diff. someone can check diff at these days:

7.1.2014 8 block
7.2.2014 8
7.3.2014 6
7.4.2014 3
7.5.2014 5
7.6.2014 8
7.7.2014 5
7.8.2014 5
7.9.2014 4
7.10.2014 2
7.11.2014 3
7.12.2014 1
7.13.2014 0

this was 8x280x
after that no luck... 2-3 block for a day
wher i can check difficulty for these days for statistics
thanks

http$://coinplorer<.>com/Charts/Difficulty/XPM
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
i have been mining using your restart bat files, so far 1 block in 24 hours.... the previous day (yesterday) i found 7 blocks, now only 1 single block

says "ozzy"  lol... "of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"  --Ozzy Osbourne

But really... is anyone really having good luck with XPM solo any more?  the difficulty is mighty high but this calculator should be close: http://anty.info/primecoin-calculator/

I dont have luck any more with solo.... I was tried to figure out where is the problem. And don`t say because of high diff. I am found blocks with high diff. someone can check diff at these days:

7.1.2014 8 block
7.2.2014 8
7.3.2014 6
7.4.2014 3
7.5.2014 5
7.6.2014 8
7.7.2014 5
7.8.2014 5
7.9.2014 4
7.10.2014 2
7.11.2014 3
7.12.2014 1
7.13.2014 0

this was 8x280x
after that no luck... 2-3 block for a day
wher i can check difficulty for these days for statistics
thanks
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Activity: 289
Merit: 100
O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi
Activity: 363
i have been mining primecoin with 5 x 290x GPU and after 6 days of mining this was my results:

day 1: 8 blocks
day 2: 5 blocks
day 3: 5 blocks
day 4: 4 blocks
day 5: 1 block
day 6: 1 block (today)

anyone else having this kind of low block performance too?

I've noticed in msi afterburner that the cards don't always run at 100% after a while.  I think its  a bug in the miner. i just reboot the miner every couple hours with the batch script i posted earlier in this thread.
i have been mining primecoin with 5 x 290x GPU and after 6 days of mining this was my results:

day 1: 8 blocks
day 2: 5 blocks
day 3: 5 blocks
day 4: 4 blocks
day 5: 1 block
day 6: 1 block (today)

anyone else having this kind of low block performance too?
v12.1 is available:

- Added "-r" option.
- Fixed some connectivity issues.

Thanks for doing this, but it still crashes with "-r 1"

try setting:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 85
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Thanks for the tip.  Still crashes. i'm at a loss. just keep mining with 11 i guess.
v12.1 is available:

- Added "-r" option.

try setting:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 85
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
v12.1 is available:

- Added "-r" option.

donator
Miners developer
v12.1 is available:

- Added "-r" option.
donator
Miners developer
Claymore, i also noticed a small bug.  If you start the miner while the client is still syncing, it goes into a loop waiting for it to sync.  The moment it syncs the miner crashes.

I cannot reproduce it for some reason. During sync the wallet sends a lot of blocks to miner, it displays them, but with no error.
Claymore, i also noticed a small bug.  If you start the miner while the client is still syncing, it goes into a loop waiting for it to sync.  The moment it syncs the miner crashes.
Activity: 145
some times the when the miner is restarted ..its not able to connect to pool and it goes into loop for retry after 10 seconds...there should be a limit for that..if that time limit is crossed the miner should restart again...
donator
Miners developer
Claymore,
I have noticed that the program will error out very ungracefully (looks like a memory leak) if the internet connection gets dropped while the miner is attempting to either submit a share and/or reconnect after a while with no sucess.  It seems to happen almost every time if the internet has been down for more than a couple hours.

You should be able to replicate this problem by starting out the miner connected and hashing, and then disconnecting the internet and waiting for a day or so.

I will test it now.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Claymore,
I have noticed that the program will error out very ungracefully (looks like a memory leak) if the internet connection gets dropped while the miner is attempting to either submit a share and/or reconnect after a while with no sucess.  It seems to happen almost every time if the internet has been down for more than a couple hours.

You should be able to replicate this problem by starting out the miner connected and hashing, and then disconnecting the internet and waiting for a day or so.
donator
Miners developer
Claymore we need a fix for this miner getting restarted over and over please

Ok, I'll release update in a day, I'm going to add an optional mining mode, a bit slower (1-2%) but with less memory usage, also "-r" option to restart miner automatically.
Claymore we need a fix for this miner getting restarted over and over please
Claymore,

Got any other ideas on how to get Ver 12 running without it constantly crashing my drivers?
Pages:
Jump to: