Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 315. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
thanks for your response guys.
i have another question,i wanna build a rig that contain's 4 asus r9 390x dc2 8gb and 1 rx 480 4gb
actually i feel fear when i think about this, i wanna spend alot of money and i am afraid  of altcoins gonna be cheap in future. what shoud i do? is this predict possible?
mining of etc and zcash is profitable in future?
can you give me advise?
extra information: i spend nothing for electricity

better build 5x rx470 4gb rig.

"extra information: i spend nothing for electricity"

No reason to go with 470s at all. 390/390x is definitely the way to go with zero power cost.

Thats true only if you have very good PSU's...
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
i have another question,i wanna build a rig that contain's 4 asus r9 390x dc2 8gb and 1 rx 480 4gb
actually i feel fear when i think about this, i wanna spend alot of money and i am afraid  of altcoins gonna be cheap in future. what shoud i do? is this predict possible?
can you give me advise?

"extra information: i spend nothing for electricity"

No reason to go with 470s at all. 390/390x is definitely the way to go with zero power cost.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
can you give me advise?

Advice is : Don't invest what you cannot afford to loose...

I mined BTC with a GPU years ago and had your same worries.

I had the opportunity to buy an early SHA ASIC but was too worried because of the investment cost and thought I would never ROI and eventually gave up on mining all together until BTC price exploded. (I still had 1BTC on a pool wallet which I forgot about which was a nice bonus)

This story pretty much repeated itself with Scrypt ASIC and I left mining until this August and now I am not leaving again.

If you are not paying the power bill you cannot loose, you will always ROI pretty much regardless of anything.

I think we are still seeing the beginning of crypto and a revolution in how we use money, where it comes from and its properties.
thanks for your advise.that was very useful for me.
Activity: 15
https://smodapps.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/m7hwww2.png

As a thank you to all the actual farmers that supported my mod, i've lowered the price for 0% fee Claymore ZEC Miner + ETH Dual Miner, and have thrown in his other miners including the linux version!

Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/0-fee-claymore-miner-bundle-1721773

Check out smodapps.wordpress.com if you want to get it privately, or PM me.
Activity: 223
can you give me advise?

Advice is : Don't invest what you cannot afford to loose...

I mined BTC with a GPU years ago and had your same worries.

I had the opportunity to buy an early SHA ASIC but was too worried because of the investment cost and thought I would never ROI and eventually gave up on mining all together until BTC price exploded. (I still had 1BTC on a pool wallet which I forgot about which was a nice bonus)

This story pretty much repeated itself with Scrypt ASIC and I left mining until this August and now I am not leaving again.

If you are not paying the power bill you cannot loose, you will always ROI pretty much regardless of anything.

I think we are still seeing the beginning of crypto and a revolution in how we use money, where it comes from and its properties.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
can you give me advise?

what about it's h/s?

zec - around 1000 - 1200 sol or so.
can you give me advise?

what about it's h/s?
Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963

Great I will try that.  What are your settings and results with the 1750 strap?  AND Thank You!
Around 200h/s per card, 6 cards in rig, below 800W.
Activity: 146
can you give me advise?

can you give me advise?
Activity: 223
I did some tweaks on both of my Tahiti (HD7950) cards and I get around 200H/s per card. Makes 400H/s in total. I'm pretty happy with these results.
Thanks Claymore for this great program. Keep up the good work!

What did you do to your cards???

I have 2x 7950 @ 165 sol each

I have 2x 7990 @ 200 sol per core

What can I to improve my hash rate, is it memory timings?

Hash rate improves 10/20% if I put intensity above 1 but it will crash very soon after - same on all cards

Thanks
Activity: 378
All of my MSI RX 470 Gaming X gpu's now have the Samsung memory on them.  They use to have the Hynix.  Has anyone had any problems with 1500 strapping them?  I know there were issues with the Elpida memory on the sapphire gpu's.  I do not want to brick them.

1625 works without any problems on my side.
Activity: 258
Guys,I want to know about RX 480 4Gb h/s in claymore
can you give me a hand?

currently the average is around 220 h/s

True.

I'm on 16.11.5 drivers, 1333mhz core clock, 2100 mem clock, with -30 mV undervolt. I get up to about 225-230 sol/s.
Activity: 142
can you give me a hand?

currently the average is around 220 h/s
can you give me a hand?
Activity: 105
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with one of my rigs. This board seems to be trouble lately, and I'm not quite sure why...

I have an RX 480 and 2 R9 380's on this rig, one in slot, the RX 480 in a slot, the 380's both on powered risers.

For some reason, after about 20 mins of mining, I keep getting the "GPU Thread Hangs" error. Unfortunately, it isn't restarting on it's own, so I have to be lucky to notice. I've tried undervolting, underclocking, etc. I've gotten it to go for about 2 hours, but the threads keep hanging. Then I thought maybe it was because I'm mixing cards. So I disabled the the RX 480 and had only the 380's mine. Same problem. I disabled both 380's with only the RX 480 mining, same problem.

I just tried lowering power limit % on all the cards by ~5% and lowered clocks to see if they'll run stable. Only time will tell I guess. Same thing was happening when I previously had a 390 and a 380 on this board. But I moved those to my main computer, mixed cards and all, no problems. Sometimes hangs once a day on all my rigs, so that still sucks. But I stay pretty much on top of them. But this one board just perplexes me. I think it may have something to do with the power delivery or something. I got it used, and it was fine for a while with Ethereum mining, but then it started acting up, and is now on Zcash as well. It appears to be more like a Phenom-era AM3 board, using a Sempron 145. I've pretty much ruled out any kind of CPU bottlenecking, as it does mine at proper speeds... Until it hangs.

Any suggestions? Sad
i have the same problem with one of my rig.
6*rx480
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

All of my MSI RX 470 Gaming X gpu's now have the Samsung memory on them.  They use to have the Hynix.  Has anyone had any problems with 1500 strapping them?  I know there were issues with the Elpida memory on the sapphire gpu's.  I do not want to brick them.
1500 strap is no good for Samsung. I suggest 1750.

Great I will try that.  What are your settings and results with the 1750 strap?  AND Thank You!
Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963

1500 strap is no good for Samsung. I suggest 1750.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Guys, I have a system with 5 GPUs, 3 R9 290 and 2 RX 480, all using usb risers with sata/molex adapter. He's been standing about 3 months 24/7. Today I smelled something burnt and found what is in the picture. Just the two that energized the RX 480. Do the RX 480 continue to extract more than pci_ex can support? Is there something wrong with my PSU?

My RIG:

Asrosk H81 Pro BTC
Intel Celeron G1820
8GB RAM
3 R9 290 + 2 RX 480(all stock)
USB risers
Cougar GX 800 + Corsair CX 750

i had same problem i was using ver003 riser
after change to ver006 no problem
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Question:

I just got a batch of MSI RX 470 Gaming X gpu's delivered. They have "SAMSUNG" memory instead of "Hynix" memory.  Is there any difference in the strapping for these two different memory types as there was with the Elpida?

Why you post the exact question at several thread?

Hmm... Either way, Samsung is said to be best for mining, right? Which variants have Samsung memory? Or is it mixed and matched, even with same card model? Just wondering...

Jump to: