Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 316. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 100
Question:

I just got a batch of MSI RX 470 Gaming X gpu's delivered. They have "SAMSUNG" memory instead of "Hynix" memory.  Is there any difference in the strapping for these two different memory types as there was with the Elpida?

Why you post the exact question at several thread?

Hmm... Either way, Samsung is said to be best for mining, right? Which variants have Samsung memory? Or is it mixed and matched, even with same card model? Just wondering...
Activity: 258
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with one of my rigs. This board seems to be trouble lately, and I'm not quite sure why...

I have an RX 480 and 2 R9 380's on this rig, one in slot, the RX 480 in a slot, the 380's both on powered risers.

For some reason, after about 20 mins of mining, I keep getting the "GPU Thread Hangs" error. Unfortunately, it isn't restarting on it's own, so I have to be lucky to notice. I've tried undervolting, underclocking, etc. I've gotten it to go for about 2 hours, but the threads keep hanging. Then I thought maybe it was because I'm mixing cards. So I disabled the the RX 480 and had only the 380's mine. Same problem. I disabled both 380's with only the RX 480 mining, same problem.

I just tried lowering power limit % on all the cards by ~5% and lowered clocks to see if they'll run stable. Only time will tell I guess. Same thing was happening when I previously had a 390 and a 380 on this board. But I moved those to my main computer, mixed cards and all, no problems. Sometimes hangs once a day on all my rigs, so that still sucks. But I stay pretty much on top of them. But this one board just perplexes me. I think it may have something to do with the power delivery or something. I got it used, and it was fine for a while with Ethereum mining, but then it started acting up, and is now on Zcash as well. It appears to be more like a Phenom-era AM3 board, using a Sempron 145. I've pretty much ruled out any kind of CPU bottlenecking, as it does mine at proper speeds... Until it hangs.

Any suggestions? Sad
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Question:

I just got a batch of MSI RX 470 Gaming X gpu's delivered. They have "SAMSUNG" memory instead of "Hynix" memory.  Is there any difference in the strapping for these two different memory types as there was with the Elpida memory?

Sorry about that.  I have deleted the post on the one other location.
Activity: 142

unless you have the blue cables like me, they are watercooled. no fan needed.

Watercooled cables!?

Yeah man.... They totally exist!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Question:

I just got a batch of MSI RX 470 Gaming X gpu's delivered. They have "SAMSUNG" memory instead of "Hynix" memory.  Is there any difference in the strapping for these two different memory types as there was with the Elpida?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Question:

Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963

Watercooled cables!?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Guys, I have a system with 5 GPUs, 3 R9 290 and 2 RX 480, all using usb risers with sata/molex adapter. He's been standing about 3 months 24/7. Today I smelled something burnt and found what is in the picture. Just the two that energized the RX 480. Do the RX 480 continue to extract more than pci_ex can support? Is there something wrong with my PSU?

My RIG:

Asrosk H81 Pro BTC
Intel Celeron G1820
8GB RAM
3 R9 290 + 2 RX 480(all stock)
USB risers
Cougar GX 800 + Corsair CX 750

https://postimg.org/image/an2rbk0wv/

duude.. this is a typical newbie mistake. dont worry it happens.

you need cooler cables.

try to lookup "mining cables"... they will come in cooler colors, black is the worse ones. try to find ones with all white cables.

put a fan pointed right at your cables until you fix this problem!

Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
Guys, I have a system with 5 GPUs, 3 R9 290 and 2 RX 480, all using usb risers with sata/molex adapter. He's been standing about 3 months 24/7. Today I smelled something burnt and found what is in the picture. Just the two that energized the RX 480. Do the RX 480 continue to extract more than pci_ex can support? Is there something wrong with my PSU?

My RIG:

Asrosk H81 Pro BTC
Intel Celeron G1820
8GB RAM
USB risers

duude.. this is a typical newbie mistake. dont worry it happens.

you need cooler cables.

try to lookup "mining cables"... they will come in cooler colors, black is the worse ones. try to find ones with all white cables.

put a fan pointed right at your cables until you fix this problem!
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

My RIG:

Asrosk H81 Pro BTC
Intel Celeron G1820
8GB RAM
USB risers

What 480s?  The reference ones draw too much power from the slot.
Activity: 357
my r9 fury hashing at 200 sol
now why that happen

how i can fix that?? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It is better to use Driver 16.9.2 or higher.
Activity: 62
what mean
gpu0
return incorrect data

and after that windows restart

how I can fix that Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Remove all overclocking , only stock core,mem,bios.

Use low intensity option ( -i 2 or -i 3)

That shall work.
Activity: 378
now why that happen

how i can fix that?? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sell your cards or throw it in the fire. Easy fix.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
now why that happen

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Activity: 47

My RIG:

Asrosk H81 Pro BTC
Intel Celeron G1820
8GB RAM
USB risers

Depends on the driver. Should be fixed with the latest driver. Im using the same molex/sata connector but no burnout like that.
Activity: 46

My RIG:

Asrosk H81 Pro BTC
Intel Celeron G1820
8GB RAM
USB risers

Activity: 612

I would *love* to speak to the person who owns that farm.

It seems that does not use high end cards.
Activity: 64
What hashrate can you get from R9 290? What wattage?

Have the option to get used one for cheap so need to calculate approx roi. Thx

You can get about 300 for about 280-300W.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
claymore lets do 250 on 280x. i know u can do this!
lets forget it for tahiti, there is no speed up anymore, its meant back to the grave
hahahaha
long live rx

I don't have Tahiti....but we realize what kind of person you are!!!
Long "live" your brain
lol noobs miner, we all know, old gpu kill zec,  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy to many noobs miner dump all the way
So the people who've been using their Tahiti cards 2-3 years for mining are noob miners while the recent adaptors are xXbestprodragonslayerXx_legendaryminerhaxxorss1337?
that was noob answer
Jump to: