Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 348. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
https://iota.org/
Hi friends!

tell me please: is it still profitable to mine zec?

While mining my asus r390x has 85 degree celsius! Wondering how many watts it took for month ?

have only 300H/s ... about 48$ per month

How long(months) can live Asus r390x (it has price 495$) with 85 degree celsius?

Will I take any profit per Year with current zec price?

not sure... but possibility to lost video card very high...

Please, advice me

Cheers
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
version 9 better than 9.1 in terms of spike power
testing your rig (use chrome open(use shortcut on taskbar) & close (use alt+f4) repeat it until power spike come and yur rig will shutdown)

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

claymore need to fix this, lol

can't wait till the next version maybe it will be corrected

lol. not sure about 9.1 or your testing methods, but yes gpu core spikes from 73 to 110+ on my 470 refs (doing 200+ on stock with -20ish offsets and 1500stripes)  and hardcoded volts (more UV) spike from 60ish to 90+
which all doesn't look too healthy...
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
I'm also getting more at dwarf. much better that fly pool.

it's definitely v9-9.1 issue with regards to spikes & instability.

let's see if next version fixes it.
I switched 1/5 of all my rigs lets see what happens,
also I'm confused about different difficulties on dwarfpool
Main-Port (vardiff): 3333
Stratum-Port (diff=8): 3334 for CPU
Stratum-Port (diff=128): 3335 for videocards
Stratum-Port (diff=512): 3336 for rigs
Stratum-Port (diff=1024): 3337 for big rigs
3333 works fine.
BTW Dwarfpool shows actual hashrate and it is almost 10% higher than Flypool.
Dwarf also the honest one for long time on ETH.

At first I seen a major discrepancy on dwarf from what I should have gotten pd. Since then it has been fixed. I have yet to leave dwarf since day after they started.  I'll show some stats once I get moving today. I'm really happy with them so far. 

BR
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Any news Claymore?
Activity: 89
It does not start dwarf pool where my mistake in start.bat? Thank you

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool zec-eu1.dwarfpool.com:3333 -zwal wallet_adress.1 -zpsw x -i 8
Activity: 157
Merit: 103
Dwarfpool is a good pool, but for zcash a small pool. 18 blocks found in the last 24hours. A small pool could be unlucky and your payouts will be small. What matters in the end is not the statistics on the server, but what you get payed in the end..
3.4% of total network hashrate is not so small hashrate actually - and it is growing.  Even with high variance +10-20% more than Flypool it is more profitable.   The reason it is small now - unfortunately it was launched quite late after ZCash started.  But not a problem to get hashrate from smart miners.

Flypool

Dwarfpool, the same hardware +900 H/s (+15%)
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
What kind of hashes should I except with r9 270x 2gb?

This are actualy prety good..  135 - 140 sols - v9.1. Good ratio w/sol.. Specialy if undervolted

Thanks.

I'll have a place to run my rigs again later this year and thinking if ETH or Zcash is more profitable nowadays?

Zcash still more profitable today. You can main and accumulate coins and sold for 0.075 BTC later. Wait not long to such movements, it happen once every 2 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
So for me using high diff port is good choice right ?
If you have low share losses, then it should be good. But vardiff works well and adopts difficulty to hashrate of your rigs. So I would not bother if have less then 0.5% lost shares and use 3333 port.
0 share loses for last ~2 hrs on port 3337

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Dwarfpool is a good pool, but for zcash a small pool. 18 blocks found in the last 24hours. A small pool could be unlucky and your payouts will be small. What matters in the end is not the statistics on the server, but what you get payed in the end..
In the long run.

Actually, Dwarf came too late. 24 hours ago its hash rate was around 1,000,000 and it found ~10 blocks/24h. Now it already is 1,599,004 (1.6 times increase) and 18 blocks/24h. If more people switch, the more blocks will be found per 24h.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Activity: 1
Claymore: I fully support your idea of encrypted communication between your miner and mining pools. I don't understand people seeing some kind of evil in that. I prefer my mining stay as much anonymous as possible - that's the 1st idea for crypto currencies and especially for Zcash.. Pitty is that it can still be identified according to target IP/port.. Some kind of decentralization here would be nice as well :-)

anyway question for you - how do you handle SSL certificates? Are they hard-coded in your miner, does it download the certificate with the 1st connection and then compare if it didn't change? Otherwise it will be vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attack very easily.

Thank you for all your work, I don't have a problem with fee 2.5% for SSL either. Honestly I'd rather pay 3% for SSL then 2.5% with not encrypted traffic. Just my 2 cents..
Activity: 157
Merit: 103
If you have low share losses, then it should be good. But vardiff works well and adopts difficulty to hashrate of your rigs. So I would not bother if have less then 0.5% lost shares and use 3333 port.
I agree.  Dwarf Vardiff works very well so port 3333 should be ok. Setup it and do not care.
i have been on flypool 30 days Sad and dwarfpool for 38 hours flypool took 0.02 every 24 hours from me i did get 0.04 there on dwarfpool i get 0.06 it's like 20% more on dwarf so don't use flypool they rob you.
I don't like PPLNS, I like dwarf's HBPPS. Exactly what you give (per hour) is what you get (per hour). No moving averaging, etc.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
What kind of hashes should I except with r9 270x 2gb?

This are actualy prety good..  135 - 140 sols - v9.1. Good ratio w/sol.. Specialy if undervolted

Thanks.

I'll have a place to run my rigs again later this year and thinking if ETH or Zcash is more profitable nowadays?
Activity: 56
i have been on flypool 30 days Sad and dwarfpool for 38 hours flypool took 0.02 every 24 hours from me i did get 0.04 there on dwarfpool i get 0.06 it's like 20% more on dwarf so don't use flypool they rob you.
legendary
≡v≡
I can't get what Shares with diff means :/
Shares: real shares you rig sent
Shares with diff: equivalent number of "easiest" shares (same for all miners and rigs).

Now you see that single real share for your last rig is equal to 1024 easiest shares.
In my case I have not so good uplink and I chose easier shares (not vardiff), and my real share is equal to 128 easiest ones. Probably I will switch back to another port.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I'm also getting more at dwarf. much better that fly pool.

it's definitely v9-9.1 issue with regards to spikes & instability.

let's see if next version fixes it.
I switched 1/5 of all my rigs lets see what happens,
also I'm confused about different difficulties on dwarfpool
Main-Port (vardiff): 3333
Stratum-Port (diff=8): 3334 for CPU
Stratum-Port (diff=128): 3335 for videocards
Stratum-Port (diff=512): 3336 for rigs
Stratum-Port (diff=1024): 3337 for big rigs

if ur rig is hashing at 1024 in claymore miner and u use port=3337 then u should see one share per second in ur miner control. If u use 3336 u should get 2 shares. Vardiff port, adjust difficulty to not spam the pool with shares, in my case im mining at 1020 hashes per second and my difficulty is adjusted to 16384. So I'm getting one share per 16 seconds. (16384/1020).
legendary
≡v≡
how can I enable worker names in case of dwarfpool Huh i'm confused

Use only numbers as worker name, for example -zwal t1RjQjDbPQ9Syp97DHFyzvgZhcjgLTMwhaq.1
When I tried to use something like t1RjQjDbPQ9Syp97DHFyzvgZhcjgLTMwhaq.a1 in past, when setting up ETH mining, I got errors until I discovered that only numbers worked.

Not for DwarfPool:

Code:
1. rig01 1610.76 16-12-12, 12:24:58 (1 minute ago) 1240 158720 517 66176
2. rig02 1374.81 16-12-12, 12:25:02 (1 minute ago) 1020 130560 429 54912
3. rig03 1535.46 16-12-12, 12:24:59 (1 minute ago) 1190 152320 492 62976

It worked for Ethereum as well @ DwarfPool.

I was on coinmine.pl now I have to switch to dwarfpool I think its better,
update: after switching diff port to 3337 I got zero rejected shares, but I don't understand the difference between mining difficulties

It controls the share rate of your rig. If you have lot of "easy" shares, it only adds load to pool and your Internet link. If you have "difficult" shares, they come with big time intervals and hashrate shown will have high variance. So using vardiff the pool adapts to the hashrate of your rig making share rate optimal.

You may want to choose easier shares for a single reason: if your internet uplink is not ideal and sometimes loses shares, then you lose more in case of "difficult" share (you may mine a minute and share is lost thus all minute is lost). In that case I would choose easier ones so one lost share does not cost me few percents. If your uplink is good, use vardiff port.

PS.Statistically, losses should not depend on share rate if probability of lost share is the same. But in reality we have a TCP connection that may be lost. So the sooner you find it's lost, the better. In case of lot of easy shares you find that soon and lose few seconds of mining. In case of rare shares (let's say 1 per 5 minutes) losses are higher.
so you are saying no matter how big my farm is I have to use vardiff port 3333 to loose less ?
but why on 3333 port was so much rejected shares ?
Jump to: