Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 353. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Well i just connected my rig to dwarpool. I'm going to give them 48 hours and report back. I think the best would be that someone with a few rigs with the same cards point 1 rig to each pool and report what they get (Flypool,suprnova,dwarfpool,coinmine, etc). That would be awesome I only have 1 rig.

I've done that but it's pointless...

Let's face, mining is always a game of chance!

I've tested dwarfpool with one of my rigs during a period when the pool was unlucky and taking several hours to find a block. Obviously, during that period, flypool was much better for my other rig.

Next day, I got a different result because dwarf was lucky to find a big number of blocks so my dwarf rig made a better profit.

However, those numbers could not be compared with the previous because the network difficulty was really different!

If you point your rig at one pool in days 1,2,3 and then point it at another pool for days 4,5,6 you cannot compare the results because the mining conditions were not the same! ZEC difficulty is like a roller coaster.

Conclusions:

1 - If you like to get steady, regular payments, flypool.

2- If you don't mind waiting for hours for a small pool to get lucky; dwarf or suprnova.

3- Don't compare what cannot be compared.

4- Keep a close eye on ETH/ZEC/XMR profitability

5- If you have multiple rigs, spread them across several pools, or even several coins.

Right now I have one rig at flypool, another at ethermine and a single GPU mining XMR  Grin

Activity: 263
Merit: 100
Dwarfpool doesnt have ssl so higher fee
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Don't use nicehach pool for mining zcash.
I have 25% more profit in dwarfpool.

8 cards total (3 Nano, 4 RX480/4G, R9-290 Tri-X), ~2k/sec with undervolt/clock, 1.5kW.
I had ~ 0.012 BTC/day in nicehash, now I have ~0.015 BTC/day in dwarf.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Well i just connected my rig to dwarpool. I'm going to give them 48 hours and report back. I think the best would be that someone with a few rigs with the same cards point 1 rig to each pool and report what they get (Flypool,suprnova,dwarfpool,coinmine, etc). That would be awesome I only have 1 rig.
Activity: 237
Guys, which pool is better for mining ZEC? (I'm in east EU)
I'm thinking between Dwarfpool and Flypool. Probably some other (Nanopool, Suprnova or else)
Tell me, pls.

Use zec.suprnova.cc and the EU node  Smiley
Thanks.
Have you tried other pools?

I'm always comparing pools, suprnova (and coinmine) switched to PPLNS payout recently which made the payments bigger and more steady than before.

It's merely your personal preference now.. Just decide which pool and pool op you like most, which support is best etc.

Ok, I'll look at Suprnova.
Have you tested Dwarfpool?

Nope, I didn't mine there yet.

I'm thinking between Dwarfpool and Flypool. Probably some other (Nanopool, Suprnova or else)
Tell me, pls.

Thanks.

I'm always comparing pools, suprnova (and coinmine) switched to PPLNS payout recently which made the payments bigger and more steady than before.

It's merely your personal preference now.. Just decide which pool and pool op you like most, which support is best etc.

Just in case you didn't know ocminer is the op at suprnova. 

ocminer, what payment scheme did you have in place before?

It was Proportional payout before which was good for pool hoppers.

All Suprnova Pools will be PPLNS from now on.
[/quota

This is not a good discussion... all big pools give the same profit-tax. I tested all.
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Besides the high hash rate race for this mining software, has anyone looked at settings to operate their setup at it's most efficient?

Well here are some results set using MSI afterburner:

3x HD7970 DCII and 3x R9 290x radeon

HD7970 set at 925/1250

Radeon R9 290x set at 875/1250 -50mV (all stilted cards)

From stock settings, power consumption at the wall decreased about 10%, hash rate decreased about 3%

FYI, the Claymore (v8.0) intensity is set at 4 for all cards.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Tell me, pls.

Thanks.

Nope, I didn't mine there yet.

Tell me, pls.

Thanks.

It was Proportional payout before which was good for pool hoppers.

All Suprnova Pools will be PPLNS from now on.
Activity: 176
Tell me, pls.

Thanks.

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Tell me, pls.

Thanks.

legendary
Tell me, pls.

Thanks.

Activity: 11
Tell me, pls.

And the beauty of it suprnova?
Tell me, pls.

Dwarfpool
Quality you can trust! 0.04738844 ZEC Earning in 18 hours when i use flypool mby 0.03 something on that time and i make 430h/s with claymore's 9.1 so trust me dwarfpool is the best.

Thanks for your calcs.
Dwarfpool:Flypool = 1:0 Smiley
Tell me, pls.

Thanks.
legendary
Tell me, pls.

Activity: 176
Tell me, pls.

Dwarfpool is too small - yet. So I suggest you to use Flypool or Suprnova.

It seems that speed is higher on Dwarpool.
Has anybody compared profitability between Dwarfpool and Flypool/Suprnova?

On flypool is impossible to audit the shares sent so you can only audit the rewards that in my case failed to meet the expected ones. The hash rate they report goes all over with 10% on the high side and 50% on the low side. I would expect it to be the same on both ends with a middle point around the miner reported hash - dev fee.
I like regular payouts on Flypool but I see the speed on the pool is often lower that my miner shows.
On Dwarfpool the approx. speed is often even higher that my miner shows.
So, Dwarpool!

The speed reported by the pool doesn't mean anything.  Mine on a pool and record your daily earnings.  Plug numbers into a calculator until your daily earnings are roughly equal.  That's more likely to be your true hashing speed.  I guarantee it won't be higher than what your miner reports.
Tell me, pls.

On flypool is impossible to audit the shares sent so you can only audit the rewards that in my case failed to meet the expected ones. The hash rate they report goes all over with 10% on the high side and 50% on the low side. I would expect it to be the same on both ends with a middle point around the miner reported hash - dev fee.
I like regular payouts on Flypool but I see the speed on the pool is often lower that my miner shows.
On Dwarfpool the approx. speed is often even higher that my miner shows.
So, Dwarpool!
Activity: 56
Tell me, pls.

It means that payments will be not so often. Am I right?

Yeah that's right.
Tell me, pls.

It means that payments will be not so often. Am I right?
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Tell me, pls.

Activity: 56
Tell me, pls.

Dwarfpool
Quality you can trust! 0.04738844 ZEC Earning in 18 hours when i use flypool mby 0.03 something on that time and i make 430h/s with claymore's 9.1 so trust me dwarfpool is the best.
Jump to: