Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 452. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hey all,

Wanting to build another mining rig using this older cpu, motherboard and RAM (below). I have this stuff kicking around, will Zcash mining work with 4GB of DDR2? This motherboard supports a maximum of 4GB DDR2 so I can't add any more sticks Sad

I was planning on buying an RX470 4GB for this rig. I have a decent 600 Watt power supply which will be plenty and planning to use Windows 7. thanks

AMD ATHLON 64+ 3200 2.0 GHZ SOCKET AM2 CPU

2 X 2GB DDR RAM (4GB TOTAL)
XMS2 CORSAIR 800 MHZ

ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD

If you're only going to have 1 or 2 cards - that should be fine.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Hey all,

Wanting to build another mining rig using this older cpu, motherboard and RAM (below). I have this stuff kicking around, will Zcash mining work with 4GB of DDR2? This motherboard supports a maximum of 4GB DDR2 so I can't add any more sticks Sad

I was planning on buying an RX470 4GB for this rig. I have a decent 600 Watt power supply which will be plenty and planning to use Windows 7. thanks

AMD ATHLON 64+ 3200 2.0 GHZ SOCKET AM2 CPU

2 X 2GB DDR RAM (4GB TOTAL)
XMS2 CORSAIR 800 MHZ

ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD
Activity: 25
anybody can use Miner Manager for Send epool in Ver 8  ? i can't Sad
Activity: 361
Claymore look forward to your new version of miner. F5 button ready)))
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
good hash with rx 480....i do an average of 200 h/s

Can you submit your result's here -> https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=ZCash_mining_GPU_Comparison

I know a couple of people that has RX 480 but cant get past 200 Sol/s

Tried to submit mine but doesn't let me save changes for some reason

Wanted to add this line:
Sapphire
RX 480 8GB Nitro(mod)
Claymore 8.0

Demarsac

If you want you can add it.

I have add you to the comparison table. Wink

Thanks
Activity: 33

Can you submit your result's here -> https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=ZCash_mining_GPU_Comparison

I've just submitted this :
Sapphire    R9 Fury X    292    1050    500    6    Claymore 8.0    16.11.3       
Sapphire    R9 390X nitro    288    1040    1500    6    Claymore 8.0    16.11       
Sapphire    R9 390 nitro    271    1050    1500    6    Claymore 8.0    16.11       

Thank you so much.

The more cards we get in that table, the more we can help each other and ourself, toward better and more efficient mining.

Wanted to add this line:
Sapphire
RX 480 8GB Nitro(mod)
Claymore 8.0

Demarsac

I have add you to the comparison table. Wink
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

I've just submitted this :
Sapphire    R9 Fury X    292    1050    500    6    Claymore 8.0    16.11.3       
Sapphire    R9 390X nitro    288    1040    1500    6    Claymore 8.0    16.11       
Sapphire    R9 390 nitro    271    1050    1500    6    Claymore 8.0    16.11       
Activity: 504
Merit: 272

Wanted to add this line:
Sapphire
RX 480 8GB Nitro(mod)
Claymore 8.0

Demarsac

Activity: 77
Yes it's true i have you right take rx it's a better choice thanks for your advice ( c'est vrai que il faut parler englais dans les forum en tout cas sa fait plaisir de voir des français dans ce milieu il sont rare )

Bonjouuuuur les Frenchies Smiley

So Hello French friends Smiley

Activity: 18
@Claymore

Can you add https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?title=ZCash_mining_GPU_Comparison to your main post, so we can get more people to submit theyre results for comparison?
Activity: 31
Go mine on Dwarfpool!!! No stealing shares  like other pools..... I switched from flypool to dwarfpool, and I have 15% more shares!!!(my real shares)

@bitbit017 .. are you sure about it? what speed you have ?  idk, but something is wrong there today... and im not much impressed about shares...  my increase is just in the rejected ones, as i moved from 0,15%/0,25% to actual 0,76%/1,31% of rejected shares...

also my income is not impressive atm.. after 13h have just 0,072 ZEC with 2,7kh/s  Shocked lets see what will be the result after 24h.....  

does anyone else have some experience ??

Yes I'm right about that... My real power is about 11200Sol/s with v8!! I mined in  flypool from begining. I never saw a peak power greater than 10700sol/s in flypool. My average effective hashrate was about 10200sol/s in flypool. In dwarfpool my average hashrate it's about 11200sol/s or greater and it's exactly my power. The only thing that dwarfpool needs it's more users, to have more power to find more blocks.......
Flypool is PPLNS, dwarfpool is HBPPS

I can confirm it. Dwarfpool reports exactly the true hashrate and variable diff works also fine. It adjusts your worker diff to have ~200 shares per hour.

I too can confirm Dwarfpool actually reports my Claymore speeds, it seemed all other pools were always 5-10% lower, so leaving my hash on Dwarfpool.

Confirm from here too - dwarfpool best hash rate report, I hope to be the same with earnings
Activity: 116
thanks arielbit for you advice i thik i buy r9 290x and rx 480 for two rigs Because the consumption of the rx 480 is lower than the r9 290x but the hash is higher 290x is a compromise
Activity: 305
Go mine on Dwarfpool!!! No stealing shares  like other pools..... I switched from flypool to dwarfpool, and I have 15% more shares!!!(my real shares)

@bitbit017 .. are you sure about it? what speed you have ?  idk, but something is wrong there today... and im not much impressed about shares...  my increase is just in the rejected ones, as i moved from 0,15%/0,25% to actual 0,76%/1,31% of rejected shares...

also my income is not impressive atm.. after 13h have just 0,072 ZEC with 2,7kh/s  Shocked lets see what will be the result after 24h.....  

does anyone else have some experience ??

Yes I'm right about that... My real power is about 11200Sol/s with v8!! I mined in  flypool from begining. I never saw a peak power greater than 10700sol/s in flypool. My average effective hashrate was about 10200sol/s in flypool. In dwarfpool my average hashrate it's about 11200sol/s or greater and it's exactly my power. The only thing that dwarfpool needs it's more users, to have more power to find more blocks.......
Flypool is PPLNS, dwarfpool is HBPPS

I can confirm it. Dwarfpool reports exactly the true hashrate and variable diff works also fine. It adjusts your worker diff to have ~200 shares per hour.

I too can confirm Dwarfpool actually reports my Claymore speeds, it seemed all other pools were always 5-10% lower, so leaving my hash on Dwarfpool.
Activity: 16
Hey Claymore, ever since I've started to use the new v8, I've been facing many crashes while using Photoshop or any other such software. It's really annoying and I've tried all the possible intensities as well as other overclocking stuff, but unable to fix it. One thing I've done along the usage of your new version is the driver update. Do you think that it could be happening because of the new driver version of Crimson or is it any known issue of your new miner's version?

Using RX 480's by the way...

You cannot use your rig while mining.
Just let your Machine to Mine only thats it  Grin
Uhh, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I use my rig with 2 480's in it all day while mining 24/7.  I don't have any issues, other then things that require GPU acceleration, for that i can just stop mining until I'm done.

My main computer has two r9 290x in it.  I play overwatch / hearth stone / heroes of the storm while mining.  My hashrate drops on primary video card from 245 to 145 but i do not experience any stability issues or glitching in the games.  I do sometimes need to reboot once every couple weeks though.  Stock clocks / memory, no flags /modifiers in my start.bat except my wallet address and such.  On my other machines with r9 380s or 380x 4gb this is not possible, but seems the 290x have horsepower to spare / multitask better.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
For me investing in 290x is for the bigger hash and they still have about 1 year warranty left...and if the price is cheap enough too.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Bought another 290x...the seller asked me, why there are so many people buying his card  Grin

and i got it first....i am even tempted to get another 290x but i think i will not buy it because its reference design and it will be noisier than a dozen of dual fans or tri fan models.

That is very good choice of using the 290X.  For the ZCash mining,

10% more core of the 290x than the 290 makes some difference.

it is almost as fast as 390's but its about 50$ cheaper.

Whats the power draw on one of those?

i didn't measure.. I think the power draw info was posted in this thread already..i think is almost equal to power draw of the 390x
Activity: 116
Yes it's true i have you right take rx it's a better choice thanks for your advice ( c'est vrai que il faut parler englais dans les forum en tout cas sa fait plaisir de voir des français dans ce milieu il sont rare )
Jump to: