Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 447. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Let me share something funny. Year after year my family could afford to heat only half of our appartment during the winters. This winter my rigs gathered in 1 room generate so much heat that the temps in all rooms are around 30 C. We are literally walking in T-shirts and eating ice creams while outside we have snow and temps -10 C. Not only that but we get paid for these heating devices so our income doubled. Life is great!  Thanks Sir Claymore! Grin Cheesy
that is beautiful!

I heat my garage and workroom with the rigs and I got ~25C inside, windows opened, there is -3C outside Smiley

Unfortunately I can't use the heat to warm up the house. But till next winter I will figure it out how to use this heat to warm up the central heating's (water) buffer tank. I shouldn't waste the produced heat Smiley
Activity: 160
Activity: 189
Yesterday tested undervolting on my Giga RX 470 Gaming G1 4Gb.

On stock (1230/1650):
Idle - 90 W/wall , Mining - 216-230 W/wall ( 75avg  W in GPU-Z).

Undervolted -90mW in AB stock clocks :
Indle - 90W/wall ( didnt measured , I gues it was same), Mining - 190-200 W/wall ( 52avg W in GPU-Z)

So its about 30 W less power usage . Anyone got same results ?

Hashrate was the same.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Let me share something funny. Year after year my family could afford to heat only half of our appartment during the winters. This winter my rigs gathered in 1 room generate so much heat that the temps in all rooms are around 30 C. We are literally walking in T-shirts and eating ice creams while outside we have snow and temps -10 C. Not only that but we get paid for these heating devices so our income doubled. Life is great!  Thanks Sir Claymore! Grin Cheesy
that is beautiful!
Activity: 14
Hey all,

Wanting to build another mining rig using this older cpu, motherboard and RAM (below). I have this stuff kicking around, will Zcash mining work with 4GB of DDR2? This motherboard supports a maximum of 4GB DDR2 so I can't add any more sticks Sad

I was planning on buying an RX470 4GB for this rig. I have a decent 600 Watt power supply which will be plenty and planning to use Windows 7. thanks

AMD ATHLON 64+ 3200 2.0 GHZ SOCKET AM2 CPU

2 X 2GB DDR RAM (4GB TOTAL)
XMS2 CORSAIR 800 MHZ

ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD

I've got single-card rigs running 2 GB of RAM on the MB.
 My dual 280x rig has 4 GB - yes, the GPUs have more total memory than the MB does.

I have one rig with 3 R9 series GPUs running on 1Gb DDR1 !!! memory with socket 775 CPU, but RX 470 doesnt work in that rig
Activity: 138
one pool 46+ hours, next pool 732+ hours and new zec pool 4+ hours i am in looser mode here. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

now, it's hard to find a single block when solo mining . I had got 5 days solomining but nothing

With what hashrate?
Don't even attempt with under 10kS/s.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
one pool 46+ hours, next pool 732+ hours and new zec pool 4+ hours i am in looser mode here. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

now, it's hard to find a single block when solo mining . I had got 5 days solomining but nothing
Activity: 29
I'm about to give up on dwarfpool... Angry

Almost 12 hours without one single block being found  Huh

It's too much variance for me, and it really feels like a waste of time and hashpower  Undecided

i agree im beginning to wonder myself.. At current pool hr they should find ~ 14 blocks per day. = ~1 msols/s / 41 msols/s x 576 blocks per day  

Im getting the feeling im donating this day today:)

BR

I donated my Day, also my payouts don't match up with their found blocks.
My suspicion is that I was mining under DEV mode when dwarf found a block, this means I didn't get paid?

Pad payout model when using a miner with DEV fee ... ?
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Can we stop pretending that optimizations are not going to get done on closed source miners just because Claymore stop's optimizing his miner. No matter who does it this is going to be a race to the max.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
Super post!!! You haven't mentioned the pools and the stats, nor your technical details. Therefore our crystal balls can't guess Huh
i didn't think it would be prudent to name names
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Super post!!! You haven't mentioned the pools and the stats, nor your technical details. Therefore our crystal balls can't guess Huh
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Almost 12 hours without one single block being found  Huh

It's too much variance for me, and it really feels like a waste of time and hashpower  Undecided
am about four hours in will give it till the morning and see, i left the other 1.5 Khs on fly pool Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dwarfpool mined total 9 blocks. Flypool does it in 1 hour
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

It's too much variance for me, and it really feels like a waste of time and hashpower  Undecided
am about four hours in will give it till the morning and see, i left the other 1.5 Khs on fly pool Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I'm back on flypool! Will keep an eye on dwarf's progress too, but for now I can't afford to wait indefinitely for payment  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

Almost 12 hours without one single block being found  Huh

It's too much variance for me, and it really feels like a waste of time and hashpower  Undecided

i agree im beginning to wonder myself.. At current pool hr they should find ~ 14 blocks per day. = ~1 msols/s / 41 msols/s x 576 blocks per day  

Im getting the feeling im donating this day today:)

BR
legendary

Activity: 47
Hi guys. Its me with the weird R9 280X doing 205 Sol/s

I know that my wattage seems weird and they are.

I changed my wattage to 150W (my highest measurement) on the comparison page:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ZCash_mining_GPU_Comparison

I tryed to check my wattage even further and i used 2 different methods this time.

1. method is a high-grade wattage-meter sitting between my PC and the power plug.
The meter is a Telco Sensors ST2300A aprooved by one of the biggest power-companys in Denmark (SEAS-NVE).

2. Method was calculating the wattage from the data showing in GPU-Z (Voltage multiplyed by Amps)

And here is my results:

WALL:
Idle: 155 - 160 W
Mining: 290 - 310 W
135 - 150 W
(I'm only using my R9 280X)

GPU-Z:
VDDC: 1.133 - 1.146 V
VDDC Current: 83 - 104 A
94 - 119 W

Hi, what is the model of your R9 280x ?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
So according to the table, a R9 280x (205 sol/s@130W) is more efficient than a RX 480 (205 sol/s@180W) ?

That's weird.
I'm pretty sure that the 280x are in the 180-210w range ... that's certainly the case with 1100 core clock

440 watts total for my dual 280x rig - so 180-200 watts per card sounds about right (MB and CPU and MB RAM etc eats some).

That's stock Gigabyte Windforce 3x cards at 1100/1500
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hey all,

Wanting to build another mining rig using this older cpu, motherboard and RAM (below). I have this stuff kicking around, will Zcash mining work with 4GB of DDR2? This motherboard supports a maximum of 4GB DDR2 so I can't add any more sticks Sad

I was planning on buying an RX470 4GB for this rig. I have a decent 600 Watt power supply which will be plenty and planning to use Windows 7. thanks

AMD ATHLON 64+ 3200 2.0 GHZ SOCKET AM2 CPU

2 X 2GB DDR RAM (4GB TOTAL)
XMS2 CORSAIR 800 MHZ

ASUS M2N68-AM SE2
SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD

I've got single-card rigs running 2 GB of RAM on the MB.
 My dual 280x rig has 4 GB - yes, the GPUs have more total memory than the MB does.
Jump to: