Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 457. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Go mine on Dwarfpool!!! No stealing shares  like other pools..... I switched from flypool to dwarfpool, and I have 15% more shares!!!(my real shares)

@bitbit017 .. are you sure about it? what speed you have ?  idk, but something is wrong there today... and im not much impressed about shares...  my increase is just in the rejected ones, as i moved from 0,15%/0,25% to actual 0,76%/1,31% of rejected shares...

also my income is not impressive atm.. after 13h have just 0,072 ZEC with 2,7kh/s  Shocked lets see what will be the result after 24h.....  

does anyone else have some experience ??

Mined for some time, got about half of regular income.
Looks like dwarfs luck is way down, should find like 2-3 times as many blocks as until now. Comparing to nanopool, 6x less hashrate, 12x less blocks. Its on the edge of bad luck vs something's wrong. Next 24h will show.

well they are aware of some problems, as they aded 0% pool fee till 4th december.... kinda dissapointed, had good experience there with eth... maybee it changed also... and maybee just the starts are hard..
Activity: 96
Go mine on Dwarfpool!!! No stealing shares  like other pools..... I switched from flypool to dwarfpool, and I have 15% more shares!!!(my real shares)

@bitbit017 .. are you sure about it? what speed you have ?  idk, but something is wrong there today... and im not much impressed about shares...  my increase is just in the rejected ones, as i moved from 0,15%/0,25% to actual 0,76%/1,31% of rejected shares...

also my income is not impressive atm.. after 13h have just 0,072 ZEC with 2,7kh/s  Shocked lets see what will be the result after 24h.....  

Mined for some time, got about half of regular income.
Looks like dwarfs luck is way down, should find like 2-3 times as many blocks as until now. Comparing to nanopool, 6x less hashrate, 12x less blocks. Its on the edge of bad luck vs something's wrong. Next 24h will show.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
OK it's been 3 days time to post a new version with 20% increase.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks for your work this has been one of the best miners of all alt coins.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
This is weird... one of my 290's is kicking ass today and I don't know why..

Yeah, I've noticed something like that, one of my 480's was getting 40H/s faster then the other, then the next day they where both at 200, and now one is at 180 and the other is at 170.

Perhaps your internet? Or connection to the pool?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Activity: 19
This is weird... one of my 290's is kicking ass today and I don't know why.. GPU1 is what it normally is doing, GPU0 is crazy.

https://i.imgur.com/yNvc1cs.png?1

At what max temps should I keep my R9 390s?
At what temps do you keep them?

Anyone has any good BIOS mod for them?

in general is the rule, low temps are prolonging the lifespan of the components.... (heat kills them..)

so try to get them as cold as you are possible, in the cost efficient way...

my temps are between 52°C - 71°C ...(fans between 70%-75%)

try to make the best airflow in the rig, and place the GPUs properly.. idk how much space u have.. Wink

Activity: 18
At what max temps should I keep my R9 390s?
At what temps do you keep them?

Anyone has any good BIOS mod for them?

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Definitely ETC + Sia better than Zec currently  Sad

is SIA worth mining anymore? The electricity cost due to each card pulling 15W more is almost equal to the price of SIA
Depends on your cards, cost of power (varies wildly), and if you can use the heat (in winter), vs cost of say heating with gas or wood.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Zecminer64.exe = virus?

Kaspersky said...

Any ideas?

No, it's a false positive.

yep, it is showing like a virus when I'm pushing start.bat

It's not, it's a false positive which means that the AV is picking it up because it is usually something you don't want (many people don't want to mine, maybe their machine is infected and someone is trying to profit from it).==
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

am i missing something? my calculations indicate dual-mining is unprofitable for anyone paying >$0.07/kwh
Activity: 16
Activity: 46
Guys, I need some help. I have a system with 5 GPUs, and I want to add one more (R9 390) to complete the 6 slots. My whole system is:

-ASROCK H81 PRO BTC
- Intel Celeron G1820
- 8GB RAM

GPUs:

- MSI R9 390 gaming 8G
- MSI R9 290x gaming 4G
- Gigabyte R9 290 reference
- Gigabyte RX 480 8GB refence
- XFX RX 480 8GB double dissipation with 8 pin

PSU:

- Cougar GX800 (holding motherboard and all rises + R9 390 and R9 290X)
- CX 750 (holding R9 290 and both RX 480)

The question is, do I need to upgrade the PSU or are these two already able to get the job done?

*If anyone has any tips on how to redistribute energy between the PSUs. Please, feel free to talk.

Depends on your watt usage - looks like it you have enough power between both your PSU's - I'd put your Mobo and 2 GPU's on the 750W and then power the the 4 remaining GPU's with the 800. If $$ is not an issue the I'd get new Gold or better 1300W to 1600W.

Nope, $$ is a big issue, LOL. I'll follow your tip and change my mobo to 750W PSU, thanks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

is SIA worth mining anymore? The electricity cost due to each card pulling 15W more is almost equal to the price of SIA
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Hey Claymore, ever since I've started to use the new v8, I've been facing many crashes while using Photoshop or any other such software. It's really annoying and I've tried all the possible intensities as well as other overclocking stuff, but unable to fix it. One thing I've done along the usage of your new version is the driver update. Do you think that it could be happening because of the new driver version of Crimson or is it any known issue of your new miner's version?

Using RX 480's by the way...

Dude WTF ?!?!? Why did you try to use Photoshop on a mining rig Huh? Or if this is your main PC just stop mining with it and leave it to be done with dedicated rigs only Wink I also have a 290 on my main PC but never do mining with it... Have a nice day Smiley

disable crossfire.
Activity: 91
Well I've been always able to use it with ease with the older version of zcash miner as well as with the current ethereum miner of Claymore... Roll Eyes
Use - i 4 or -i 3
do not use GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0

Activity: 46
Guys, I need some help. I have a system with 5 GPUs, and I want to add one more (R9 390) to complete the 6 slots. My whole system is:

-ASROCK H81 PRO BTC
- Intel Celeron G1820
- 8GB RAM

GPUs:

- MSI R9 390 gaming 8G
- MSI R9 290x gaming 4G
- Gigabyte R9 290 reference
- Gigabyte RX 480 8GB refence
- XFX RX 480 8GB double dissipation with 8 pin

PSU:

- Cougar GX800 (holding motherboard and all rises + R9 390 and R9 290X)
- CX 750 (holding R9 290 and both RX 480)

The question is, do I need to upgrade the PSU or are these two already able to get the job done?

*If anyone has any tips on how to redistribute energy between the PSUs. Please, feel free to talk.

Are you already running it with 5 GPUs? Can you give more details regarding BIOS mods, voltage and clock mods? This will help give you more useful advice.

With that setup, I would be leaning toward adding the sixth card (390) under the CX 750 PSU.

Best thing you can do is measure power usage at the wall for each card individually, then do the math to figure out your best possible power distribution.

Yes, i'm already minning with 5 GPUs. I'm not using Bios mods, just a few overclock without volts increasing.

I do not remember very well, but once I got to measure with afterbuner and the resultators were like 100W each RX480 and 180W each other 3 GPUS.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
Hey Claymore, ever since I've started to use the new v8, I've been facing many crashes while using Photoshop or any other such software. It's really annoying and I've tried all the possible intensities as well as other overclocking stuff, but unable to fix it. One thing I've done along the usage of your new version is the driver update. Do you think that it could be happening because of the new driver version of Crimson or is it any known issue of your new miner's version?

Using RX 480's by the way...

Dude, you can't mine and use photoshop on the same GPU at the same time. It's one or the other.

Better to use 3D Studio, or Maya 3D instead of Photoshop :-P

Well I've been always able to use it with ease with the older version of zcash miner as well as with the current ethereum miner of Claymore... Roll Eyes
it's just.. wrong...
Jump to: